Street Fighter V being only on PC+PS4 makes no sense!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Is a quicker release and maybe slightly cheaper development cost by having sony's help, worth losing the potential revenue from an entire console userbase with the Xbone?

Since Capcom actually has the expertise to pull off SFV, the only thing Sony can possibly be doing is grunt work. Something any dev house could do without compromising its multiplatform status. I dont understand Capcom's business decisions at all.

• Turning Dragon's Dogma into an F2P online game exclusive to Japan.
  • Making lower budget Resident Evil episodic games on consoles with Revelations 2 and its pay to win microtransactions
  • Letting their MVC license/deal expire... (fucking lol)
  • Doing nothing with Megaman while Inafune capitalizes on its absence with MM clones in Kickstarter
  • Partnering with sony for a limited release of the next main Street Fighter, right in the middle of high demand for fighting games, for absolutely no reason besides maybe a quicker release.

Are they on a steady diet of blow and liquor? Only Monster Hunter seems to be handled properly over there.

The only reasonable explanation for the SFV situation is if the contract says that SFV is exclusive, but an updated retail release (SSFV?) is not.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Do not worry, Capcom will eventually release SFV Turbo, Ultra SFV, Ultra SFV Turbo & SUPER MEGA ULTRA SFV Turbo Nitro Boost editions on all systems including X1 :)

I would have loved to play a new MvC title on PS4, hopefully they do something about the licence/deal !!

TheSeptopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheSeptopus
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

I'm not sure how it doesn't make sense. It's exclusive for an extremely simple reason. The person who is paying you tells you what to do.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thunderdrone
@TheSeptopus said:

I'm not sure how it doesn't make sense. It's exclusive for an extremely simple reason. The person who is paying you tells you what to do.

The part that doesnt make sense is that they willingly chose those terms, when Street Fighter is currently a hot brand across multiple devices.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Sony is funding it because the higher ups at Capcom are incompetent dicks.

You're right it makes no sense how SF4 was as successful as it was, and Capcom said lets not make a sequel to it and cash in on a rising e-sport scene and new hardware. But we're talking about modern day Capcom, shit we're talking about Capcom. Go read any story from Kamiya, Mikami, Inaba, Inafune, or even Ono, they have to bend over backwards just to get some projects through that place. They are dumb as ****.

It's like what Square was last gen until they got their shit kicked in enough to turn things around. It's like current day Konami, who even if you're going to get rid of Kojima, you think they would wait until after MGSV comes out to glowing praise and easy sales. You can't fixed stupid mate. Street Fighter is a successful franchise and somehow it ended up in a Bayonetta 2 scenario, put that into perspective. I love me some Bayonetta, it will never come close to Street Fighter's iconic status, yet here we are.

TheSeptopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheSeptopus
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:
@TheSeptopus said:

The part that doesnt make sense is that they willingly chose those terms, when Street Fighter is currently a hot brand across multiple devices.

Would you choose to make a game that is exclusive, or would you choose to not make a game at all? I don't think there was an option in the matter. If someone else was interested in investing in the project then they would have done so. I'm not sure if Capcom is in the most financially position as a company at the moment to finance the game themselves, lately they've been extremely conservative when investing in projects.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Capcom did this because, with their current financial situation, we probably wouldn't have seen Street Fighter V for another 4 years. With Sony helping with the bill, they're able to release it while the fighting scene is still in an upswing.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

It'll make it's way to xbox. This is just another case of timed exclusivity being bought

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Ill laugh at it if it flops sales wise. Capcom has always been silly like this. SF 5 should be released in 3D mode for the 3DS. But o well, its time to just replace them with something better.

To tell you the truth, i dont care much for Street Fighter, its one of those games you buy just to buy. Its nowhere near the level of Smash Bros, i can play Smash Bros for years and not get bored.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I think with this and Kojima we can denote that the Japanese have poor spending habits.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thunderdrone

@TheSeptopus said:
@Thunderdrone said:
@TheSeptopus said:

Would you choose to make a game that is exclusive, or would you choose to not make a game at all? I don't think there was an option in the matter. If someone else was interested in investing in the project then they would have done so. I'm not sure if Capcom is in the most financially position as a company at the moment to finance the game themselves, lately they've been extremely conservative when investing in projects.

Street Fighter V is the sequel to the game that single-handedly revitalized the fighting genre and popularized the lucrative competitive scene created by it. It sold around 8 to 9 million copies across multiple platforms including handheld releases and digital only versions on new home consoles.

Street Fighter is a brand that is currently a guaranteed money maker. Give a broke dev-house the Street Fighter license and they will manage to find the money to make the game and release it on multiple machines, thats how strong the brand is. They would struggle to find the talent to pull it off, but Capcom fucking has that internally already.

This is pure incompetence by Capcom.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@Thunderdrone: Simple: Money. Same exact reason why TR is timed.

Remember, Capcom has said "SF5 will remain a PS4/PC game", but nothing about the series. AKA, Super SF5 can totally be a multiplatform or even an Xbox exclusive.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

None of these third party exclusives really make that much sense. If you could maximise your market why wouldn't you? So sont pays for some semblance of exclusivity. Great. For them. Not for the gamer, because it isn't good for anyone that someone else can't play this game. I don't have an X1 but why should I care about them playing this or not? I'd rather they did so my X1 playing friends can buy it, and I don't benefit in any way having it exclusive to PS4 and PC.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Heirren: No you can't, because that would be incredibly short sighted if not xenophobic.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@Heirren: No you can't, because that would be incredibly short sighted if not xenophobic.

I know I was kidding 100%.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Releasing SF5 in China hopefully they localized the PC version it should be really easy for Capcom to get back on their feet financially.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Just stream it from PC to the Xbox One.......

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@Slashkice said:
@Desmonic said:

Remember, Capcom has said "SF5 will remain a PS4/PC game", but nothing about the series. AKA, Super SF5 can totally be a multiplatform or even an Xbox exclusive.

Nah, they already ruled out that happening. It's exclusive for the entire numbered run.

Ah, very well.

Either Sony payed quite a bit more than what we would assume (either by covering costs in development/marketing or just paying some sort of royalty) or Capcom really are clueless on how to make money on consoles.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

It doesn't make any sense. For the life of me I do not see why they thought alienating a great chunk of their fanbase would be a good idea. SF4 and its subsequent versions remained active on XBL. Even if the Xbox games didn't sell as well as the PS counterparts, it is beyond stupid of them to purposefully downsize their audience all while saying they couldn't have undergone this project without Sony's financial hand in it.

And of course, I see myself forcing to play ball with these circumstances, because SF5 is looking bloody marvelous.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thunderdrone

@Slashkice said:
@Desmonic said:

Nah, they already ruled out that happening. It's exclusive for the entire numbered run.

looool

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Hey, I'm with you TC. Only just last week getting confirmation that Tomb Raider will eventually be on PS4 I know full well what it feels like to have a long favorite multiplat series potentially not hitting your console. It's a practice that needs to stop but unfortunately won't.

I personally feel that any third party games that have been multiplat in the past need to continue to be multiplat so as not to divide or alienate the fanbase.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

Yeah it doesn't make sense. I doubt Capcom are doing that bad since they've got money for projects that don't sell well, yet they haven't for SFV? SF4 sold like a cash cow over the 360, PS3 and PC. I don't buy that they needed Sony. Plus they could have gotten investment from else where.

Capcom deserves to have financial troubles with decisions like this.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

It makes sense to me.

PS4 is the market leader and xb1 is dead in japan and PC is world wide. It's not rocket science, most people who appreciate game genres other than shooters choose playstation and people who were looking forward to high profile Japanese games also choose playstation.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is xbox fans getting upset over games not coming out on their system from a country that they say, "doesn't matter".

FYI: people saying it's coming to xbox, that is incorrect. Capcom was on record saying it will remain exclusive for the entire number run. If you wanted to ensure yourself a chance to play the high profile Japanese franchises like Street fighter and Dragon Quest you should have bought playstation. This is all just egg of the face of all the fanboys who said japan didn't matter.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Thunderdrone: Easy answer Sony is actually funding development of SFV. It's been discussed widely by GB that without Sony SFV maybe wouldnt have happened at all. That being said why fund a game and push people to another console when your console is the only one that has the game? It is ass backwards but it makes tactical business sense. Get more people to buy in on your console.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well since it doesn't makes sense... what better place to discuss that than in System Wars..... the home of Nonsense.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@playharderfool said:

It makes sense to me.

PS4 is the market leader and xb1 is dead in japan and PC is world wide. It's not rocket science, most people who appreciate game genres other than shooters choose playstation and people who were looking forward to high profile Japanese games also choose playstation.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is xbox fans getting upset over games not coming out on their system from a country that they say, "doesn't matter".

FYI: people saying it's coming to xbox, that is incorrect. Capcom was on record saying it will remain exclusive for the entire number run. If you wanted to ensure yourself a chance to play the high profile Japanese franchises like Street fighter and Dragon Quest you should have bought playstation. This is all just egg of the face of all the fanboys who said japan didn't matter.

aren't capcom also the people who said that DR3 would never come to PC?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well since it doesn't makes sense... what better place to discuss that than in System Wars..... the home of Nonsense.

And RPG elements and co-op!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@RR360DD said:

It'll make it's way to xbox. This is just another case of timed exclusivity being bought

If Sony funded development i dont think this will be the case .

Most people nowdays own a PC , so i dont think is a big of a problem for X1 fans to play SFV.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Why are you here and you are so active then ?! lol

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@lostrib said:
@playharderfool said:

It makes sense to me.

aren't capcom also the people who said that DR3 would never come to PC?

Find the link and let me read the quote

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Desmonic said:
@Slashkice said:
@Desmonic said:

Ah, very well.

Either Sony payed quite a bit more than what we would assume (either by covering costs in development/marketing or just paying some sort of royalty) or Capcom really are clueless on how to make money on consoles.

Well , they said that the DLC will work like Tekken Revolution - you buy the character or unlock him by playing.

Maybe there won't be a Super version.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@Slashkice said:
@Desmonic said:

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Thunderdrone:

Lol lemmings, I've never seen them proven right on any of their hair brained claims..

Why Japan doesn't have a bright future in video games

@lordlors said:
@kinectthedots said:

And yet, they've made a majority of the best and highest rated games this generation, therefore, your thread is stupid.

SMH, looking at the pic of current gen killer instinct in your user Id tells me you are a clueless xbox drone.

You probably worship MS as an american company and have silly bias/racist mentality to boot but your claims are easily knocked down by 2 things...yep just 2.

1. The highest rated non-remastered current gen exclusives are JAPANESE games

• Bloodborne 93 (MC)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 92 (MC)
  • Bayonetta 2 91 (MC)

2. Of the most anticipated games this year a Japanese game is still ranked no 1.

• Legend of Zelda

Then there is bloodborne which is out and is called the first must have game this gen and then there is MGS5 which everyone is expecting to be incredible.

I don't know what level of delusion or stupidity you are working on but you need to come back to reality. As for your ridiculous notion that Japan will fall behind on tech with video games because of your wild fapping to MS Direct X stuff, THIS is the latest game engine created by a JAPANESE studio for PC and PS4.

Last week I visited Silicon Studio’s headquarters in Tokyo, and I had an extensive chat with the Japanese developer’s Software Engineers about their new rendering engine Mizuchi, which we saw in action a while ago (you can see the original demo running on PC in the video at the bottom of this post).

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/11/silicon-studios-new-engine-already-runs-on-ps4-at-30-fps-in-1080p-and-it-looks-fantastic/

All real-time! Needless to say, this looks better than any other graphics engine produced by any western company so far or any other for that matter.

"bu but Japan doesn't have a bright future and...MS" lol Get out of here, Japan is the reason many people even still care about gaming at all.

.... I think you're just a weaboo. ..... Your being butthurt over Japan just shows your weabooness.

Fact is the Japanese are only good at specific genres. They have nothing to offer for the RTS and MOBA genres. Their FPS and open world games are a joke. At least the West has something to match in action, fighting, and other genres where the Japanese excel.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-japan-doesn-t-have-a-bright-future-in-video-ga-31977608/

This is just another example!

lol I told those clowns about 4 months ago how stupid their argument was. It's not until these Japanese devs start to by pass xbone on their constant and epic game announcements/releases that xbox fanboys see how shortsighted and idiotic their past arguments was. "Japan decline, MS FTW luz"

No one at Capcom is going to bat an eye over not having this game come to xbone because everyone with sense or isn't a die-hard Halo fanboy chose PS4.

It's very funny watching confused lemming making threads about Dragon Quest and SFV the last couple of says crying about these games not coming to xbone after saying Japan doesn't matter.

@lordlors said:

..... I think you're just a weaboo....Your being butthurt over Japan just shows your weabooness.

Yes, I think it makes perfect sense to bypass an mindfuck fanbase like this ^

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

Is a quicker release and maybe slightly cheaper development cost by having sony's help, worth losing the potential revenue from an entire console userbase with the Xbone?

Since Capcom actually has the expertise to pull off SFV, the only thing Sony can possibly be doing is grunt work. Something any dev house could do without compromising its multiplatform status. I dont understand Capcom's business decisions at all.

• Turning Dragon's Dogma into an F2P online game exclusive to Japan.
  • Making lower budget Resident Evil episodic games on consoles with Revelations 2 and its pay to win microtransactions
  • Letting their MVC license/deal expire... (fucking lol)
  • Doing nothing with Megaman while Inafune capitalizes on its absence with MM clones in Kickstarter
  • Partnering with sony for a limited release of the next main Street Fighter, right in the middle of high demand for fighting games, for absolutely no reason besides maybe a quicker release.

Are they on a steady diet of blow and liquor? Only Monster Hunter seems to be handled properly over there.

The only reasonable explanation for the SFV situation is if the contract says that SFV is exclusive, but an updated retail release (SSFV?) is not.

Man , that is the biggest hypocrisy ever.

So a series that started on the PS2 , then on Nintendo consoles only is better?

I agree with all your marks , but this just shows me what your problem is.

Capcom screwed over the 360 with Frontier G , so i don't see what they did right with MH.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It's Capcom, they've been circling the drain for years now.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Ill laugh at it if it flops sales wise. Capcom has always been silly like this. SF 5 should be released in 3D mode for the 3DS. But o well, its time to just replace them with something better.

To tell you the truth, i dont care much for Street Fighter, its one of those games you buy just to buy. Its nowhere near the level of Smash Bros, i can play Smash Bros for years and not get bored.

Hahaha.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

Street Fighter V is the sequel to the game that single-handedly revitalized the fighting genre and popularized the lucrative competitive scene created by it. It sold around 8 to 9 million copies across multiple platforms including handheld releases and digital only versions on new home consoles.

Street Fighter is a brand that is currently a guaranteed money maker. Give a broke dev-house the Street Fighter license and they will manage to find the money to make the game and release it on multiple machines, thats how strong the brand is. They would struggle to find the talent to pull it off, but Capcom fucking has that internally already.

This is pure incompetence by Capcom

I could try to post something else but this pretty much sums up my opinion as well.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Sure it makes sense. Sony paid for that exclusivity. That's how it works.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Just like Titanfall

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:
@TheSeptopus said:
@Thunderdrone said:
@TheSeptopus said:

It sold around 8 to 9 million copies across multiple platforms including handheld releases and digital only versions on new home consoles.

It's also good to point out it sold that many copies across all iterations. Each iteration sold less than the previous, so I agree. This probably isn't the best move by Capcom, but if they were to sell just 3 million copies of SFV it probably wouldn't cover production costs. Maybe they needed the help, or maybe they are stubborn. Either way there will be some version of SFV to make it's way to XB1. I believe nothing Capcom says.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Malta_1980: According to them that will never happen.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Kind of make sense since Sony fund the game or it wouldn't happened. Now, I think if it ups to Capcom, they will just continue to mike SFIV with more versions HD new gen versions and different characters, update, and such. Is cheaper and ensure money making, where as SFV will cost a lot more and money and time to make.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

If I want to play SF5, and that is a huge "if"," (haven't bought one since the 3DO version of 2) I'll pick it up on PC and stream it to the Xbox One when that becomes available.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Just like TitanFall... oh wait.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Malta_1980 said:

Do not worry, Capcom will eventually release SFV Turbo, Ultra SFV, Ultra SFV Turbo & SUPER MEGA ULTRA SFV Turbo Nitro Boost editions on all systems including X1 :)

I would have loved to play a new MvC title on PS4, hopefully they do something about the licence/deal !!

Capcom indicates Street Fighter won't be on Xbox until Street Fighter 6 at the earliest.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-will-never-get-a-version-of-street-fighter-5-/1100-6427987/

I don't think the sigma get away will work here apparently sony was cleaver enough to lock SF5 and no SF5 with any other prefix after it will come to xbox one,they say no SF until SF6 god only knows when will that happen.

Alto they say Dead Rising wasn't coming to PC and it did,but this is different as Dead Rising has remain on xbox and PC and not PS4.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Thunderdrone
@Ant_17 said:

So a series that started on the PS2 , then on Nintendo consoles only is better?

Where did I say that they handled MH poorly before it went to nintendo? MH was always handled masterfully.

edit: What they did right with Monster Hunter was to, like with DQ, mostly stick to the most popular console in the region where MH matters. With the Wii and 3DS development happened to be really cheap so that meant even more profit.

Last time I checked Street Fighter was big in multiple platforms though. So big they had no real reason to go beg for help for SFV to the point of closing a deal that shuts of a segment of its fanbase. The sequel to Street Fighter IV needed help to get funded... think about that for a second.