Stop treating the Wii like it's a PS2/GC with a remote.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 0

#1 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts

Seriously, you graphic *****s need to stop. While the Wii used GameCube development kits for its first few games (Red Steel, Twilight Princess), that is changing this year, as evidenced by SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy.

Also, stop saying the Wii has no 3rd party support, especially since over 2/3 of Wii games coming out this year are from 3rd party publishers.

A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
I'll stop treating the Wii like that when developers stop treating the Wii like that! The number of PS2/PSP ports just keeps on rising rapidly...
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
Once people stop saying the 360 has only PC ports, and that the PS3 is overpriced, then you will get your wish :twisted:
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Fanboys will be fanboys. Just ignore them and enjoy gaming.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
I see the Wii as a DS console. it has lots of DS ports, and it does not cater to gamers, its for non-gamers.

IMO, Wii alone cannot satisfy a gamer's gaming fix, you have to supplement it with a PS3 or a 360.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Somebody call the WAH-mbulance. We got a crying fanboy at the corner of 40th and 5th.

Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
Fanboys will be fanboys. Just ignore them and enjoy gaming.foxhound_fox
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
Do you think they will do a graphics comparision of Tigers Woods for the PS2 and Wii?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
god i have to steal this but

Somebody call the wahhhhhmbulance
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
It's not like a PS2/GC with a wiimote, it's like a DS with a wiimote.  Happy now?  :D
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Do you think they will do a graphics comparision of Tigers Woods for the PS2 and Wii?alfy13
I hope so. It'll be interesting to see if the Wii version looks all that much better than the PS2 version. I've seen the recent vids from IGN and they look pretty nasty - Wii Sports Golf looked more clear and crisp! :o
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
Once people stop saying the 360 has only PC ports, and that the PS3 is overpriced, then you will get your wish :twisted:her0_54
yep
haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
I canät understand why the devs treats Wii like a last-gen console. I guess the "innovation" provides easy cash. . .
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

It's not like a PS2/GC with a wiimote, it's like a DS with a wiimote.  Happy now?  :DJayPee89

:D

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Seriously, you graphic *****s need to stop. While the Wii used GameCube development kits for its first few games (Red Steel, Twilight Princess), that is changing this year, as evidenced by SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy.

Also, stop saying the Wii has no 3rd party support, especially since over 2/3 of Wii games coming out this year are from 3rd party publishers.

Super-Mario-Fan
But where is the online from 3rd party?
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
Tell that to EA and Ubisoft aka Far Cry Vengeance, Red Steel, Splinter Cell...Nintendo is getting filled with milk. Never EVER in history has a console been threated this bad.
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
Tell that to EA and Ubisoft aka Far Cry Vengeance, Red Steel, Splinter Cell...Nintendo is getting filled with milk. Never EVER in history has a console been threated this bad. PullTheTricker

Looks like someone hasn't heard of Virtual boy :P

Edit: except Virtual boy wasn't exactly milked. But it was treated badly.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
If the Wii isn't next-gen, then the 360 and PS3 are muffin communists from outer space sent to destroy Captain George W. Bush of the USS Enterprise.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
I'll stop treating the Wii like that when developers stop treating the Wii like that! The number of PS2/PSP ports just keeps on rising rapidly...A2D
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
Wii's garbage.
darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts
wiii is garte fun, its a psp in full screen and a great control
rifton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 rifton
Member since 2005 • 1716 Posts
If the Wii isn't next-gen, then the 360 and PS3 are muffin communists from outer space sent to destroy Captain George W. Bush of the USS Enterprise.princeofshapeir
Oh crap. GET DOWN!!
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
I see the Wii as a DS console. it has lots of DS ports, and it does not cater to gamers, its for non-gamers.

IMO, Wii alone cannot satisfy a gamer's gaming fix, you have to supplement it with a PS3 or a 360.
xxThyLordxx
Well..neither can a PS3 or an X360 individually..if you don't have them all, then you're missing out on something.
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts

"IMO, Wii alone cannot satisfy a gamer's gaming fix, you have to supplement it with a PS3 or a 360."

PS3 cannot satisfy anyone's fix. Except for cows, perhaps.

funolopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 funolopy
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
your right, the wii is been treated like a wh*re of ports, and its too sad Nintendo covering this fact with "the innovative controller" remark. its good games that make a system- not focusing on a controller. eveyone treats nintendo like their the darling of gaming, nintendo is here to make money (like sony and ms), thats why their be load of ports on wii and many simular games from the nintendo established franchines. every generation nintendo give us: zelda-(always start in his village and then something happens, all the time) mario- super mario- paper mario- mario cart-mario party metroid ( eventually moving in the right direction, gc itteration make the franchise feel fresh) super smash bros. (great but stale franchise) wario -_- good game but too much of the samething aint good every generation (nes- now). Pikmin and ethernal darkness were great games though, nintendo need to move away from the staple games and create more innovative games.
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts
How about showing how it's not a GC with a new remote?
Gunnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gunnuts
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts
Well you can call the Wii a GC with a remote because a Wii is nothing more than an overclocked GC
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Once people stop saying the 360 has only PC ports, and that the PS3 is overpriced, then you will get your wish :twisted:her0_54
But 360 does have PC ports and it's impossible to be proven wrong. PS3 is overpriced for the meantime. Wii hasn't showed us gamecube+ graphics yet, but will eventually
razzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 razzy1
Member since 2003 • 1989 Posts

Super-Mario-Fan

Is someone a Wii bit cranky? Maybe its time for a nap?

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
seriously they should but there not going to let them enjoy there fun
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wavebrid

Well you can call the Wii a GC with a remote because a Wii is nothing more than an overclocked GCGunnuts

so cube had online vc games reuglar size disk same controller as wii...  oh and wii is 3 times more powerful than cube. that means its more powerful than xbox...

hmmmm.....

dosent seem the same sorry

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wavebrid

How about showing how it's not a GC with a new remote?mikasa

so its not  :roll:

thats right you cant

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

xxThyLordxx
right now i agree there are few games for "hardcore" gamers. but with success will come support for many demographics. I currently use my pc to supplement my more savage gaming needs.
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts

Somebody call the WAH-mbulance. We got a crying fanboy at the corner of 40th and 5th.

Bread_or_Decide

:lol: No but seriously the Wii is a GC with a remote.

specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts

xxThyLordxx

I'm a gamer and it is he only console I have. I am not buying another console.

So, technically, either I say you're wrong or you need to revise your statement that it can not satisfy a gamer's need. Because what you like/think is a good game is going to be different than thousands of other gamers.

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Also, stop saying the Wii has no 3rd party support, especially since over 2/3 of Wii games coming out this year are from 3rd party publishers

Fine. Correction: the Wii has no legendery or epic 3rd party games coming out this year that could be hyped as AAA or even AA.
specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 specialed

Wii's garbage.Perception1

Stated like a true fanBOY. Congrats!

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
The Wii is a gimmick system. The hardware is not up to par with next generation. It's in fact last gen visuals. How long will swinging a remote at a screen remain entertaining? They have a game like Wii for sale in the mall for a fraction of the price and you get to swing a racket at a screen all for 49.95. But more power to Nintendo for, as always, tapping the market that neither Microsoft or Sony focused on.
Gunnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gunnuts

[QUOTE="Gunnuts"]Well you can call the Wii a GC with a remote because a Wii is nothing more than an overclocked GCwavebrid

so cube had online vc games reuglar size disk same controller as wii...  oh and wii is 3 times more powerful than cube. that means its more powerful than xbox...

hmmmm.....

dosent seem the same sorry

No the cpu and gpu compnents of the Wii and nothing more than overclocked GC compnents in the real world

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Silvereign

:lol: No but seriously the Wii is a GC with a remote.

No. I would come up with a better arguement but I think I've already made my point
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mikazukinoyaiba

No the cpu and gpu compnents of the Wii and nothing more than overclocked GC compnents in the real world

How is the Wii an overclocked GC? Could you provide me a list of parts the Wii is using that were also in the Gamecube, to play it's Wii games? Because honestly, from how I see it. If the Wii is an overclocked GC then the Xbox 360 is an overclocked Xbox.
specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 specialed

The Wii is a gimmick system. The hardware is not up to par with next generation. It's in fact last gen visuals. How long will swinging a remote at a screen remain entertaining? They have a game like Wii for sale in the mall for a fraction of the price and you get to swing a racket at a screen all for 49.95. But more power to Nintendo for, as always, tapping the market that neither Microsoft or Sony focused on.CyanX73

How long will mashing buttons remain entertaining? Well, according to N, it has, sort of. Thus the new controller (option), the wii remote.

Gunnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gunnuts

No the cpu and gpu compnents of the Wii and nothing more than overclocked GC compnents in the real worldMikazukinoyaiba

How is the Wii an overclocked GC? Could you provide me a list of parts the Wii is using that were also in the Gamecube, to play it's Wii games? Because honestly, from how I see it. If the Wii is an overclocked GC then the Xbox 360 is an overclocked Xbox.

The Wii cpu, Broadway is a powerpc cpu clocked in at 729 Mhz compared to the GC cpu, Gekko, another powerpc cpu clocked in at 485Mhz.

The Wii gpu, Hollywood gpu is clocked in at 243 Mhz whereas the GC gpu is clocked in at 162 Mhz and both gpus are architecturally very similar.

The wii has 88MB main ram and 3MB texture RAM whereas the GC has 43MB non unified ram.

So really the Wii is an overclocked GC

Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mikazukinoyaiba
Ah... so it is an overclocked GC. Well even so, I'm sure the Wii will provide some great 1st party games. Now if only Nintendo would work harder on third party games.
Gunnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gunnuts
[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]Ah... so it is an overclocked GC. Well even so, I'm sure the Wii will provide some great 1st party games. Now if only Nintendo would work harder on third party games.

No-one doubts the games, its just the hardware is aliitle more dated than we hoped
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
Fanboys.... If you think the Wii is bad for ports, look at ps2 and psp. Those things share more ports than a bordello does STD's.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
I'll stop treating the Wii like that when developers stop treating the Wii like that! The number of PS2/PSP ports just keeps on rising rapidly...A2D
Check my blog to see a good explanation as to why this is happening. The pile of PS2 ports will soon dissipear.