stop..stop..STOP or i'ma take it -Reputation: Notifications-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

System Wars could use this system on board too to be honest lol. all in all, good news for XBox One users. seems like MS is putting their efforts into making sure your online play isn't hampered by trolls, and cheaters. in more ways than just them getting a bad rating, and possible suspension. with these set punishments implemented users will now know not to go to far, and what will happen if they do. which may trim down the nonsense in online matches. it's good how MS looking out for their gamer community.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/xbox-one-leveling-up-reputation

"On Xbox One, there are currently categories of player reputation score – "Green = Good Player," being the large majority of our users, "Yellow = Needs Work" and "Red = Avoid Me." By looking at someone’s Gamercard you’re able to quickly see their reputation. The more hours you play fairly online without being reported as abusive by other players, the better your reputation will be. The algorithm looks to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive across the community on Xbox Live. The vast majority of players do not regularly receive feedback from other players and, thus, will stay at the “Good Player” reputation level."

"Remember, we designed the algorithm so it won’t penalize you for bad reports over a few weeks of play. The system also adjusts for false reports from people that might intentionally report someone of greater skill or for other griefing purposes."

Here’s what the reputation levels mean for you:

• “Good Players” – The majority of gamers will fall into this level. As we’ve said before, we have plans to introduce rewards for good behavior and look forward to sharing more in the future!
  • Warnings for “Needs Work” – Beginning this month, some players will start receiving reputation warnings as their reputations drop due to feedback from the community. The purpose of these communications is to remind players about their effect on the community and encourage them to have more positive interactions. These warnings are based on community feedback collected since Xbox One launched.
  • Penalties for “Avoid Me” – If players do not heed warnings and continue to have a negative impact on other players and the Xbox Live community, they will begin to experience penalties. For example, people with an “Avoid Me” rating will have reduced matchmaking pairings and may be unable to use certain privileges such as Twitch
misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Bad topic title, expected a better post. Disappointed in TC, unsurprisingly. Sigh. Also old news....like old old.

And to humour you, you would be on Red - Avoid Me label lol.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

A solid plan for dealing with a horde of children behaving badly. Reminds me of the kind of reward/punishment system you see in grade schools.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Oh great, so a bunch of people with alt accounts from either sect can karma troll the shit out of people that make them butthurt and screw up System Wars even more?

Yeah, go fly a kite in a thunderstorm.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If this was on system wars, everyone would have a Red, or at best Orange, reputation

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Interesting idea, but the potential for abuse is too much.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tymeservesfate

@lbjkurono23:

@misterpmedia said:

Bad topic title, expected a better post. Disappointed in TC, unsurprisingly. Sigh. Also old news....like old old.

And to humour you, you would be on Red - Avoid Me label lol.

well well why dontcha cry about it XD

but yea, they're tweaking the service so its a little different than the old information.

@Shewgenja said:

Oh great, so a bunch of people with alt accounts from either sect can karma troll the shit out of people that make them butthurt and screw up System Wars even more?

the second quote says they have a system for weeding out the bogus reports in place. i'm not sure how well it will work but still...they have a plan. so users just have to hope it works.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

No.

People will just abuse it.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

if we had that system in here tc you would already been banned with your crappy threads and terribad posts.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

This is old, no? Or did they recently change it?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I'd be pegging that green.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Karma systems only encourage mob mentality in a place like SW. It would be the death of this place.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Lawlz. Children game on Live confirmed. Live is the teacher and classroom..and these ratings are the report cards.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tymeservesfate

@Chutebox said:

This is old, no? Or did they recently change it?

its the same general thing from before but they're talking about the new tweaks they're adding to it in the article. so it new news on an old subject basically.

@Heil68 said:

I'd be pegging that green.

i'm sure you would be Heil...ur an endearing fellow.

@Shewgenja said:

Karma systems only encourage mob mentality in a place like SW. It would be the death of this place.

basically lol.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

I wondered for a long time what I did wrong on XB Live as half-circle reputation chart is not all the way green. Now I know that the green does not go all the way through.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Aptly spoken.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

In my experience all these years, trolls will just abuse the reputation.

I can already tell you on Xbone people quit when they are losing matches in Killer Instinct. I will give people their win with no complaints when I lose an online match, but many users...they don't like to give me win. They just quit, gamer after gamer. Angry. They also they scream obscenities in their mic as I'm destroying them. I don't put the headset on, I just listen to the whining as I'm dismantling them...then they quit. There are challenges and achievements that require that win, and I don't get it because they quit. It happens too much.

Now, I can take the time to report them and knock their reputation down for "quitting too early", however, they can also go in and report me for whatever they want simply because I played the game and beat them. I also have gotten nasty messages from morons and I always ask them how would they like me to play, so when I win they would accept it. Clearly, they are angry morons.

Reputation is a joke.

It sounds like a GREAT IDEA for people that don't have experience using it.

This scenario of poor sportsman like behavior holds true for FPS games. I played GeoW 1-3 hours upon hours, COD, Halo...people are POOR SPORTS and hide behind their anonymity. I think M$ honing in on reputation is only going to hurt legit gamers more than the douche-bag troll kids. My reputation should be spotless as I'm a model gamer, and guess what, it's not because I played games that had terrible communities full of online 360 and Xbone dick heads that SIMPLY DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE.

I wish it worked, but it doesn't. Don't wear a headset, it doesn't save you. If a punk kid or sad, juvenile adult is mad he lost, he's going right to the Reputation screen and is going to ding you, ESPECIALLY now that M$ is making a big deal that they are making it better. If you really make them angry, they will just sign in on multiple accounts they have and abuse the shit out of the reputation system. Hell, they already do on 360. Time to level up when you buy an Xbone, troll dicks. A new reputation system is going to be waiting for you when you do.

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

this one of the worst move they can make have it be abused by a bunch of butthurters and haters. i hope Sony never do something like this.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Why does MS treat Live player like children? This is not needed to me, but I do not play on Live so maybe the community really is bad enough for this.

This system can really hurt experience on certain game like dark soul and sequels where people are angry because they lose or troll is part of online play.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ya you wont be sayin that when some one abuses it , and reports you for bad rep just for winning a match and they get all mad , theyll file that to good of a player catogory on you , and once you get enough your in the red doesnt matter what you say or do you can do nothing and get a bad rep fileo n you i got so many for bad language yet i hardly talk to any one in the game chat im always on my own party w no one in it, so ,ya ,

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

You can grief the absolute shit out of this, to the extent your victim cannot stream on Twitch or do proper matchmaking for which he/she pay $60 yearly for.

You applaud this 1984 approach that is prone to abuse?