Still need live gold to watch netflix on the 360 in june

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShutUpFanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ShutUpFanboys
Member since 2013 • 61 Posts

pointless thread. JUNE 9 was all that was needed to be typed. instead we get the usual "I don't trust M$$$$$$$$" garbage that infests this place every day.

I love this though:

"I'l believe it when I see it... Anyway it doesn't matter.... Microsoft has pissed me off wat too many times and since I'm not American I see no reason to be stuck on a inferior Platform.... :p

Sometimes its better to just go with whats better for you."

translation: I don't believe you, but even if I end up being wrong, I will still hate M$$$$$$$ because they are an evil corporation unlike my beloved Sony and I will now take a pointless jab at Americans and call the XBONE inferior with a lame smiley face. I was hoping I would be right though, since all I want to do is bash M$$$$$$$$$$$ because like a true System Warrior that is what I do best.

"It doesn't matter" RIIIIIIIIGHT, that's why you were SPEWING about IE and GOLD in the previous post, yet when you were OWNED you're all, "oh, it doesn't matter".

Cows gonna Cow.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ShutUpFanboys said:

pointless thread. JUNE 9 was all that was needed to be typed. instead we get the usual "I don't trust M$$$$$$$$" garbage that infests this place every day.

I love this though:

"I'l believe it when I see it... Anyway it doesn't matter.... Microsoft has pissed me off wat too many times and since I'm not American I see no reason to be stuck on a inferior Platform.... :p

Sometimes its better to just go with whats better for you."

translation: I don't believe you, but even if I end up being wrong, I will still hate M$$$$$$$ because they are an evil corporation unlike my beloved Sony and I will now take a pointless jab at Americans and call the XBONE inferior with a lame smiley face. I was hoping I would be right though, since all I want to do is bash M$$$$$$$$$$$ because like a true System Warrior that is what I do best.

"It doesn't matter" RIIIIIIIIGHT, that's why you were SPEWING about IE and GOLD in the previous post, yet when you were OWNED you're all, "oh, it doesn't matter".

Cows gonna Cow.

Shut Up Fanboy

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

they never said as of June 1st, it surely is coming later on, though I never actually tested it myself today.....however the Free Games Gold promo on the One is already in effect, downloading MAx for free now

Did you have to look up the Max individually on Xbone? That Xbone UI is atrocious and I couldn't find a tab for Xbone Games with Gold. It was aggravating so I went to each game individually which meant looking up the promo from the computer and then looking around in the Xbone. It shouldn't be like that. The 360 I have to dig a tiny bit, and the PS3/PS4/Vita have a tab called PS+ making it easy. I checked the games folder, searched with Bing...they need to create a Games with Gold tab on Xbone. Maybe it was hidden in some sub-folder, but it wasn't easily seen today. I was tempted to make a youtube video starting with me turning it on and looking through each folder for the audience.

People lied in SW about the UI being the best in SW and it sucks because it's not user friendly, unlike the 360....and PS4/PS3/Vita. You can learn it and it's functional, but it's no a good UI, and certainly not the best UI. That was fanboy propaganda spurned by justification they bought the product.

On June 1st or 2nd, I did the same going online to grab the games, but the games weren't free yet. The 360 game was up though...I got them DLed, but that UI needs an update. It's like the games were hiding. I was also downloading the two free games on PS4, as well as the free games for Vita, and PS3 today.

Dude, it took me 10 seconds to find the game, it was well known that it would be MAx and Halo .... what on Earth are you talking about? I can't believe I just read this nonsense. Listen you hate the Xbox and its interface, that's your opinioon, time to move on buddy, there's nothing wrong with that. I think you should sell your console to someone, clearly it is not for you.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

they never said as of June 1st, it surely is coming later on, though I never actually tested it myself today.....however the Free Games Gold promo on the One is already in effect, downloading MAx for free now

Did you have to look up the Max individually on Xbone? That Xbone UI is atrocious and I couldn't find a tab for Xbone Games with Gold. It was aggravating so I went to each game individually which meant looking up the promo from the computer and then looking around in the Xbone. It shouldn't be like that. The 360 I have to dig a tiny bit, and the PS3/PS4/Vita have a tab called PS+ making it easy. I checked the games folder, searched with Bing...they need to create a Games with Gold tab on Xbone. Maybe it was hidden in some sub-folder, but it wasn't easily seen today. I was tempted to make a youtube video starting with me turning it on and looking through each folder for the audience.

People lied in SW about the UI being the best in SW and it sucks because it's not user friendly, unlike the 360....and PS4/PS3/Vita. You can learn it and it's functional, but it's no a good UI, and certainly not the best UI. That was fanboy propaganda spurned by justification they bought the product.

On June 1st or 2nd, I did the same going online to grab the games, but the games weren't free yet. The 360 game was up though...I got them DLed, but that UI needs an update. It's like the games were hiding. I was also downloading the two free games on PS4, as well as the free games for Vita, and PS3 today.

Dude, it took me 10 seconds to find the game, it was well known that it would be MAx and Halo .... what on Earth are you talking about? I can't believe I just read this nonsense. Listen you hate the Xbox and its interface, that's your opinioon, time to move on buddy, there's nothing wrong with that. I think you should sell your console to someone, clearly it is not for you.

The idea that you have to learn on a website (off the Xbone, like Gamespot forums) what the free games are and then look around using a search on Xbone for each game one by one hoping it will be free is absolutely ridiculous, cumbersome, and not user friendly.

It's simple: like the 360 (as well as Origin/PS3/PS4/Vita), there should be a Free games tab explaining what the games are with an easy link. In this case, a "Games with Gold" Xbone Tab and I looked and looked for a just such a tab before just digging the games up individually. It's all very clunky.

We shouldn't have to learn in advance off the Xbone what the free games are going to be online, wait for a month/weeks checking since June 1st. The process should be something we can easily do from the console. I can't believe I just read that nonsense defending the lack of direction with Games with Gold on Xbone.

I checked daily for these games and they weren't free until yesterday-ish, then they were free but you had to look around, there was no Free Games tab, and then finally we find out most people can't even finish the DL for the games as they get interrupted or stop downloading at 99%. Now we are hearing we can't play these games until June 9th and we are potentially just downloading them early? Where's the communication? It's a mess.

I went and talked to other forumers yesterday wondering if I was alone in my experience. I wasn't, not by a long shot. They agree the communication on Xbone and the way this has been rolling out is not good, and they especially wanted some sort of Games for Gold Tab. Still, I am happy to see you are enjoying the incredibly clunky process. It's almost as if we never got free games on 360 to show us the way before. If guys like me didn't speak up, people that don't own the machine would never know these problems because people like to pretend their machine is the best. I just want this issue rectified before July's GwG hits.

There's problems here. No sense in denying or defending it out of some sort of allegiance(?), it's best to speak up to Xbox and fans and have Xbox.com fix this shabby roll-out before next month rolls out. This process was aggravating and cumbersome in comparison to other services. Maybe if I only had an Xbone I would be more forgiving, but I came from the 360 and other machines world.

Maybe they just don't want to advertise the free games on the Xbone which would save them money? It's not the end of the world, but it's certainly stupid. I can't even play the games after checking (due to hearing so many others unable to play their games). Whatevs.

1. Games weren't available on June 1st
  2. Suddenly without an official announcement on June 3rd the free games pop up as free if you look for them individually (assuming you researched which ones to look for using the Web)
  3. Then after finding each title individually, it turns out they won't install after you download them from a queue. (Told June 9th?)
  4. There is no Games with Gold Tab advertising any of this on the Xbone, it's all sort of hidden and you have to be "in the know"
  5. Talk about this online with fellow Xboners and hear stories of other aggravated users
  6. Also, you may hear defense on how it's somehow the users fault for not working around the clunky system. Told to sell system and how it's "not for you".

As I said, it's not the end of the world, but the whole process needs to be streamlined, advertised on the machine, and communication on what the heck is going on needs to come from Xbox Management who are still quiet on the subject doing (apparently) stealth roll-outs on these free games for some odd reason (money saver? i.e. less people downloading free games).

---

EDIT NOTE TO FUTURE MORONS: This post is about the Xbone's GwG not the wonderful 360 Games with Gold experience thus far.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

The idea that you have to learn on a website (off the Xbone, like Gamespot forums) what the free games are and then look around using a search on Xbone for each game one by one hoping it will be free is absolutely ridiculous, cumbersome, and not user friendly.

It's simple: like the 360 (as well as Origin/PS3/PS4/Vita), there should be a Free games tab explaining what the games are with an easy link. In this case, a "Games with Gold" Xbone Tab and I looked and looked for a just such a tab before just digging the games up individually. It's all very clunky.

We shouldn't have to learn in advance off the Xbone what the free games are going to be online, wait for a month/weeks checking since June 1st. The process should be something we can easily do from the console. I can't believe I just read that nonsense defending the lack of direction with Games with Gold on Xbone.

I checked daily for these games and they weren't free until yesterday-ish, then they were free but you had to look around, there was no Free Games tab, and then finally we find out most people can't even finish the DL for the games as they get interrupted or stop downloading at 99%. Now we are hearing we can't play these games until June 9th and we are potentially just downloading them early? Where's the communication? It's a mess.

I went and talked to other forumers yesterday wondering if I was alone in my experience. I wasn't, not by a long shot. They agree the communication on Xbone and the way this has been rolling out is not good, and they especially wanted some sort of Games for Gold Tab. Still, I am happy to see you are enjoying the incredibly clunky process. It's almost as if we never got free games on 360 to show us the way before. If guys like me didn't speak up, people that don't own the machine would never know these problems because people like to pretend their machine is the best. I just want this issue rectified before July's GwG hits.

There's problems here. No sense in denying or defending it out of some sort of allegiance(?), it's best to speak up to Xbox and fans and have Xbox.com fix this shabby roll-out before next month rolls out. This process was aggravating and cumbersome in comparison to other services. Maybe if I only had an Xbone I would be more forgiving, but I came from the 360 and other machines world.

Maybe they just don't want to advertise the free games on the Xbone which would save them money? It's not the end of the world, but it's certainly stupid. I can't even play the games after checking (due to hearing so many others unable to play their games). Whatevs.

2. Suddenly without an official announcement on June 3rd the free games pop up as free if you look for them individually (assuming you researched which ones to look for using the Web)
  3. Then after finding each title individually, it turns out they won't install after you download them from a queue. (Told June 9th?)
  4. There is no Games with Gold Tab advertising any of this on the Xbone, it's all sort of hidden and you have to be "in the know"
  5. Talk about this online with fellow Xboners and hear stories of other aggravated users
  6. Also, you may hear defense on how it's somehow the users fault for not working around the clunky system. Told to sell system and how it's "not for you".

As I said, it's not the end of the world, but the whole process needs to be streamlined, advertised on the machine, and communication on what the heck is going on needs to come from Xbox Management who are still quiet on the subject doing (apparently) stealth roll-outs on these free games for some odd reason (money saver? i.e. less people downloading free games).

you dont have to dig at all on the 360 there is almost always a free game gold addy, and just go to games and there is a games with gold at all times, Why are you such a moron? they just RELEASED the games with golds stuff its 4 days later and you are bitching about a dedicated tab that will likely be there by the end of the month?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Also of note the update just rolled out you no longer need gold for netflix and many many other apps.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SolidTy

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

---

EDIT NOTE TO FUTURE MORONS: This post is about the Xbone's GwG not the wonderful 360 Games with Gold experience thus far.

you dont have to dig at all on the 360 there is almost always a free game gold addy, and just go to games and there is a games with gold at all times, Why are you such a moron? they just RELEASED the games with golds stuff its 4 days later and you are bitching about a dedicated tab that will likely be there by the end of the month?

I'm not talking about 360 dipshit, lol. I'm talking about the Xbone UI and especially GwG experience on Xbone and how GwG is better on 360. I'm praising the 360. I repeated "Xbone" multiple times above. Learnz2Reed.

Willie, U funnay 4 a bonafide dolt.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Figures. MS just doesn't get the by gamwers for gamers mantra that SONY teaches us.

yes because youtube is essential for gaming right?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@delta3074

Its more essential than sitting on a shelf in gamestop :p its more essential than TV !

Its more essential than Spying on you !

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#60 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Now you don't need stupid gold to use it.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@darkangel115: voice chat on steam is right up there now, but i concede XBL's is a tad easier (at least I know from experience it was on 360, not sure about xb1).

are hackers more widespread on pc? well i have no data on that. i can see why you've made your guess.

yeah some people choose to pay for servers, i do not. on sony/ms consoles though they've decided online play requires a paid subscription.

the free game angle is interesting. i guess my answer would be that when i first started playing games in about 1992, they cost money. it's only recently that f2p's have come along. also, just like with paid online, if I feel the game is worth the money, then i'll pay the money. same with online play, which i guess fits nicely because i stopped paying the live fee, because i felt it became poor value next to PC's 'free' online.

mmm you have done a good job here to be fair, it's true that xbox live's player avoidance can be helpful (my fiancee used it a lot. on pc she uses a gender-neutral nickname, lol), the voice chat's easy, and you are offered a couple of free games here and there.

but that's the thing though, is that really worth money? if i'm offered the choice of keeping my money of paying for that, i'm going to choose to keep my money. even with the free game thing, i'd rather have the money in my pocket, then choose to buy a game out of volition.

in 2008 though, halo 3 multiplayer on xbox live ... wow. just wow.

short story - i'd probably only consider picking up xbox one / ps4 for single player centric games, in order to avoid their paid online. but hey - not everyone is like me (thank the lord), and value is pretty subjective - if someone thinks the subscription's are good value, well they're more than welcome to part with the money and i wouldn't ridicule them for it.

#JustPheasantThings

Great post man. Nice to know some people can look at both sides of a discussion here :)

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

---

I had no issues installing MAx, and on the main Dashboard now, there is a big link to Games with Gold, you cannot miss it, it appears right in front of you when you log into the dashboard. I was not defending anything, simply describing my experience, in my opinion there is nothing complicated about this whole thing, you just seem to be looking into it a bit too much. Oh well, to each his own.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SolidTy

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

---

I had no issues installing MAx, and on the main Dashboard now, there is a big link to Games with Gold, you cannot miss it, it appears right in front of you when you log into the dashboard. I was not defending anything, simply describing my experience, in my opinion there is nothing complicated about this whole thing, you just seem to be looking into it a bit too much. Oh well, to each his own.

I'm glad they got on that and fixed the issue for future GwG DLers. It won't help others including myself now (since it was already DLed), but good show on reaction time from them since it's only June 4th and I was worried it could take longer for them to fix it. In any event, it's clear it was a problem for multiple users and they fixed it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

why would i use my xbox for it when my ps3 has the better interface?

i have not used the 360 version since sony got rid of the netflix disc and revamped the system years ago.