Still go to Counter Strike for your shooter fix?

• 128 results
#51 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

@ speedfreak48t5p

I haven't becoming a lemming for so long that I've forgotten what gaming on my pc use to be like... I'l bow before id Software and Epic Games long before I even give Valve a second look...... atleast Until Portal 3 comes out ! And it better have local co-op or so Help me God I will punch Gabe in the throat.

#52 Posted by gba1989 (144 posts) -

@BeardMaster: CS and CoD much alike? Not really. Anyone playing both games could tell the difference. I love CoD Black Ops and MW1 but they released too much sequels. I could also say it happened to CS but hey, they've only got three so far, right? It's like eating sweets and getting sick for eating a lot.

#53 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (587 posts) -

Better than the trash that is BF4.

#54 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

Yuh-huh. Though lately I've been playing TF2 more. I'll probably switch back to CS when I get bored of TF2, and the cycle continues...

#55 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

I'll still go back to play CS:GO every now and again. It never really gets old.

My current go to MP shooter is Titanfall.

#56 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13998 posts) -

I don't have a go-to shooter.

I do own CS:GO so might as well play it.

#57 Edited by SuddenlyTragic (735 posts) -

CS what? Oh that PC exclusive series that came to consoles? Aww nothing stays on PC, no good exclusives :(

On topic: Killzone is my go-to shooter, it's much better than CS too.

Haha I hope you're joking. Killzone's multiplayer is terrible and will be dead very soon if it's not already, just like every Killzone game. I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow Fall's MP becomes free to play like KZ3, although still nobody played it even after it became free. Counter-Strike has been one of the most played online games for PC for the past 15 years. And I'd still pretty much consider it a PC exclusive. CS 1.6 was amazing and is still played to this day, as is CS Source, both of which are a decade old at least and were not released on consoles. Yeah CS: GO is on PS3 and 360 but the community is nothing like it is on PC and I can't even imagine trying to play CS with a controller. I'm also someone who generally prefers to use a controller but Counter-Strike is all about twitch reflexes and absolute precision, something you'll never be able to get with a controller.

#58 Posted by anab0lic (271 posts) -

I Loved 1.6 and source, played both for around 8 years, competitively and casual..... CSGO though pretty much FAILS to recapture the magic that made the previous games so great though. The former games were great because they were easy to play, difficult to master.... csgo is easy to play.... nothing much to master... the game is incredibly shallow and dumbed down compared to 1.6/css. The difference between a player playing years vs someone playing just a few months was HUGE in the former games... thats what kept you coming back, you always felt like you could improve. It really isnt like that in CSGO the skill ceiling is much much lower and you will hit the point where you cant really get much better quite quickly.... because there just isnt that many 'advanced' skills to learn/master.

I also think visually while some things look better in csgo other things look far worse... (gun models, player models etc.) The game was made by a bunch of devs (hidden path entertainment) who didnt really have a good understanding about what made the former games so loved and prior to making csgo completely ruined CSS with an 'update' in 2010 which made the game play dramatically worse and has been 'broken' ever since. What CSGO really needed is what dota had during the transition from dota 1 to dota 2 - someone with a solid understanding of the game mechanics (icefrog) working alongside the devs. It's still better than many of the other competitive fps games, but if you didnt play the former versions you pretty much missed out on cs the golden era... and for that reason its pretty much impossible for someone like me and many many others who experienced superior versions of the game prior to enjoy it...its also the reason why 99% of the best 1.6 and css pro players dont play csgo. Its more popular now purely because of the growth of steam userbase and things like twitch giving it more exposure.... not because its the better game than the former versions, because sadly it absolutely isnt. I have a lot of love for valve but they really fucked up with csgo and pretty much fucked over everyone that loved the former games and kept the cs name alive for as long as it has been and grew it to what it was.

#59 Edited by Console_Caesar (46 posts) -

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@console_caesar said:

CS what? Oh that PC exclusive series that came to consoles? Aww nothing stays on PC, no good exclusives :(

Haha I hope you're joking. Killzone's multiplayer is terrible and will be dead very soon if it's not already, just like every Killzone game. I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow Fall's MP becomes free to play like KZ3, although still nobody played it even after it became free. Counter-Strike has been one of the most played online games for PC for the past 15 years. And I'd still pretty much consider it a PC exclusive. CS 1.6 was amazing and is still played to this day, as is CS Source, both of which are a decade old at least and were not released on consoles. Yeah CS: GO is on PS3 and 360 but the community is nothing like it is on PC and I can't even imagine trying to play CS with a controller. I'm also someone who generally prefers to use a controller but Counter-Strike is all about twitch reflexes and absolute precision, something you'll never be able to get with a controller.

Dat PC exclusive, lmao! The only PC exclusive Counter-Strike is Source and that one is regarded as the worst in the series by fans anyway, so that game is nothing to brag about, you herms can keep it.

And CS:GO is worthless on PC, VALVe knows this, that's why they're selling the game for bargain bin prices so they might be able to still make a profit. I mean a few weeks ago the game was on sale for $2,49!!! They're throwing the game away for dirt cheap because it's worthless since most of the players hack, just like in almost any other PC multiplayer game to date.

At least no one hacks in Killzone's MP! CS got killzowned!!! :-)

#60 Posted by Console_Caesar (46 posts) -

@console_caesar said:

What? You're always talking about facts, aren't you? Killzone games sell better and get better review scores, so they're better games, I mean that's the logic you always use, right?

#61 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6389 posts) -

I always end up swinging back to CS from time to time, you never truely stop playing it it seems.

Apart from CS, RO2 and NS2 are also two games I tend to go to to get my shooter/action fix.

#62 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (735 posts) -

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@console_caesar said:

Dat PC exclusive, lmao! The only PC exclusive Counter-Strike is Source and that one is regarded as the worst in the series by fans anyway, so that game is nothing to brag about, you herms can keep it.

And CS:GO is worthless on PC, VALVe knows this, that's why they're selling the game for bargain bin prices so they might be able to still make a profit. I mean a few weeks ago the game was on sale for $2,49!!! They're throwing the game away for dirt cheap because it's worthless since most of the players hack, just like in almost any other PC multiplayer game to date.

At least no one hacks in Killzone's MP! CS got killzowned!!! :-)

Counter-Strike on Xbox was a joke. It shouldn't even be in the same sentence as the PC version. And I personally love CS:Source and play it over CS:GO, as do a lot of people. Steam constantly has great sales, so seeing Valve sell one of their most popular games at a low price one weekend isn't that big of a surprise. Right now it's selling for $14.99 like it usually is. A few months ago Tomb Raider was $4.99, or you could buy the "definitive edition" for PS4 for $60. Steam is known for great deals so that's not a good argument.

#63 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

@Console_Caesar

The Score system just doesn't work. Should get rid of it.

#64 Edited by STEAMSBL0WSSAX (80 posts) -

nah quake 2 is still 1#

#65 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

nah quake 2 is still 1#

Does it suck that you can't run up and jump off of ladders? That animation, eh?

Did you get that Halo game started yet?

#66 Posted by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

Yup. 500+ hours in CS Source, 100+ in CS GO. There's nothing quite like it. If you haven't tried it, it's only 15 bucks and I recommend everyone try it out.

It might be intimidating at first. If you google "how to be good at CS", you get all this shit about sidestepping and comparisons between guns to the smallest increments. Just ignore all that shit. Hop into a casual game and test the waters. If you take it slow and don't go charging out into the open, you should do alright.

#67 Edited by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

Do you even know how to have fun?

#68 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

I get my shooter fix from COD.

I only buy one every two years and I try to skip Infinity Ward, which is why I haven't bought COD since BLOPS2 but I'll definitely buy the next COD.

#69 Posted by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

@console_caesar: Do you even read what you post? There needs to be stupidity bans in SW

#70 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

Killzone games sell better and get better review scores, so they're better games, I mean that's the logic you always use, right?

You need to prove these points.

#71 Edited by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

@lundy86_4: 30k players playing the original CS as we speak. Probably two in total playing all akillzone games that aren't shadowfall. The fact that Xboxdone even tried comparing the two shows his lack of knowledge. Don't even bother asking him for proof

#72 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

@lundy86_4: 30k players playing the original CS as we speak. Probably two in total playing all akillzone games that aren't shadowfall. The fact that Xboxdone even tried comparing the two shows his lack of knowledge. Don't even bother asking him for proof

You aren't helping your own case...

Just wait for him to respond. If he doesn't, then laugh at the additional lulz of his idiocy.

#73 Posted by Console_Caesar (46 posts) -

Here's your proof. 30k players? Lel, that's nothing, the game is dead.

Here, 2.1 million sales in less than half a year on a brand new gaming system!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447361/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-pass-21-million/

And for reviews: Killzone: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/killzone-2

CS:S: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/counter-strike-source

Now bow down to your Caesar, puny hermie! :-)

#74 Edited by lawlessx (46562 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

Here's your proof. 30k players? Lel, that's nothing, the game is dead.

Here, 2.1 million sales in less than half a year on a brand new gaming system!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447361/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-pass-21-million/

And for reviews: Killzone: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/killzone-2

CS:S: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/counter-strike-source

Now bow down to your Caesar, puny hermie! :-)

care to post just how many people are currently playing Killzone 2?

#75 Edited by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

@console_caesar: Sales: Really. KZ was the only non indie game on PS4 launch. If PS4 buyers didn't get it, what would they play?

And LOOOOOL you're telling me Killzone, which is outclassed by Titanfall, BF and fucking COD, is better than CS? Answer my question then, how mamy people are playing all non shadowfall KZ's right now? 3? If it were good, people would be playing it. Theres still 100000 CS tournaments and 100k players in source two years later, 30K in the original CS 15 years later, ect. If KZ even remotely good, COD world at fucking war wouldn't have more players right now than all pre shadow fall killzones put together. Shadowfall will have the same fate as the other KZs in a few month. I've played it at a friends house and had a steady 5+ KD in the 3 rounds i played. If you can even get a single kill in a match of CSGO, I'll burn my PC

Classic XboxDone. Doesn't have a PC and has probably never played anything other than Farmville.

Thinks his PS4 games are better anyways because "anything i havnt plaid obvoslee sux"

#76 Posted by Dave_NBF (1974 posts) -

I got into CS:S in 2004 and have played on and off since then. It is definitely my Go To shooter. I was involved with the Beta in CS:GO and it needed a lot of work even after it's release. I didn't get into the game at all. However I recently went back to CS:GO a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the new gun models and overall changes they made in the game. I do believe CS 1.6 CS:S and CS:GO to be the most competitive online shooters. It's the perfect balance of teamwork, twitch shooting and skill (map knowledge, gun knowledge, spray patterns etc).

The only knock I have on CS:GO is that CS and CS:S really were amazing graphically when they released because they were based on the engines running Half Life and Half Life 2. CS:GO is more of an evolution of CS and I wish they really put out a new Counter Strike on a strong engine. However CS:GO was not intended to be the next true successor to CS:S. I actually think the developers Hidden Path are surprised at how well the game has grown in popularity. I also am glad they are constantly updating the game.

Again, it's really the best online shooter but I don't spend anywhere near the time playing that then I did with CS:S. CS 1.6 and CS:S for most people I imagine will be the online shooter that they remember the most and have the most online memories of spending hours upon hours playing. To me, CS on the PC is kinda like the Halo franchise for Xbox in that many people played that game more than any other game in their library.

#77 Posted by Omega-316 (783 posts) -

@console_caesar: lol who cares how many a game sold. What is the point when there is no one to play with? This is coming from someone who played KZ2 on a competitive level. I loved that game but the game died fast. CSGO has 120000+ players online. Compared to the 2000 people who played KZ2 when i was playing it back in the day when the game was still new.

#78 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

I never got into CS. I tried CS source years ago but didnt like it. AA:SF was my PC shooter fix. Too bad the new AA games are terrible. I don't see me going back to AA:SF. Right now i just play Killzone 2 for my shooter fix. Killzone SF is very noob game with no features, something you expect nowadays.

#79 Edited by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

I really suck at extremely fast paced competitive multiplayer games even on consoles so no.

Battlefield for me.

#80 Posted by MBirdy88 (7744 posts) -

@console_caesar: lol who cares how many a game sold. What is the point when there is no one to play with? This is coming from someone who played KZ2 on a competitive level. I loved that game but the game died fast. CSGO has 120000+ players online. Compared to the 2000 people who played KZ2 when i was playing it back in the day when the game was still new.

Your logic is too good for xboxdone... he does not understand this concept.

#81 Edited by AcidTango (535 posts) -

Yep

#82 Edited by speedfog (3047 posts) -

Wasn't my thing.

#83 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29109 posts) -

CS (1.6, GO) is the best MP shooter by far.

#84 Edited by STEAMSBL0WSSAX (80 posts) -

CS (1.6, GO) is the best MP shooter by far.

its noob quake 2 forever

#85 Posted by XboxDone75 (9 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Omega-316 said:

How many GOTY exclusives does PC have? Oh, none? Awhh :(

#86 Edited by lostrib (34663 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Omega-316 said:

False, but I'm going to guess this xboxdone account is banned or will be soon

#87 Posted by lostrib (34663 posts) -
#88 Posted by N30F3N1X (7983 posts) -

Now I'm console gamer. But i have a decent lap top that can run some games. I can do GTA 4 at the lowest setting with 30fps.

But I am also lucky enough to be able to play counter strike global offensive on 60-70fps on medium+ settings and man am i hooked on it. There is no gimmicks, no perks, no unlockables, no cheap tactic to get you hooked. Just straight up no bs competitive gameplay that hooks you based on its gameplay alone. Reminds me a lot of Socom on the ps2 which i loved. After i unlock almost everything on a modern shooter i then get bored and never play it again. But CS had always been that ageless masterpiece.

Anyone else still has CS as their go to shooter?

Yeah no cheap tactics, getting killed with a headshot by a guy who's spraying with an AK47 while jumping and strafing is totally legit...

#89 Edited by lostrib (34663 posts) -

@N30F3N1X said:

Yeah no cheap tactics, getting killed with a headshot by a guy who's spraying with an AK47 while jumping and strafing is totally legit...

Lol

The bullet deviation in CS GO (probably the other CS games as well) just does not make sense to me

#90 Edited by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

@xboxdone75: How many people are playing Killzone 2 right now? Killzone: Shadowfall? Current players? Peak players?

#91 Edited by KHAndAnime (13456 posts) -

@N30F3N1X said:

@Omega-316 said:

Now I'm console gamer. But i have a decent lap top that can run some games. I can do GTA 4 at the lowest setting with 30fps.

But I am also lucky enough to be able to play counter strike global offensive on 60-70fps on medium+ settings and man am i hooked on it. There is no gimmicks, no perks, no unlockables, no cheap tactic to get you hooked. Just straight up no bs competitive gameplay that hooks you based on its gameplay alone. Reminds me a lot of Socom on the ps2 which i loved. After i unlock almost everything on a modern shooter i then get bored and never play it again. But CS had always been that ageless masterpiece.

Anyone else still has CS as their go to shooter?

You think getting a kill while bunny hopping with an AK-47 is a cheap tactic?

Obviously you don't have the slightest clue what a "cheap tactic" is

(cheap tactics are supposed to be easy ways to get kills...in case you still are clueless)

#92 Posted by MBirdy88 (7744 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Omega-316 said:

how many people take console exclusive's online seriously? none ... awwwhhh

#93 Posted by sonic_spark (4599 posts) -

I loved it. Thought it was the best MP shooter out there. Still think some of the custom maps, modded servers and such add enough variety to keep people coming back.

I'll still never forget I played on cs_militia, with a server of 66 players. It was just amazing.

#94 Edited by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

If I will need a shooter fix, I will just install UT2K4 and play some of that.

#96 Posted by XboxDone75 (9 posts) -

@xboxdone75: How many people are playing Killzone 2 right now? Killzone: Shadowfall? Current players? Peak players?

How many people play GTA V on PC right now? Peak players?

#97 Posted by lostrib (34663 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@xboxdone75 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Omega-316 said:

False, but I'm going to guess this xboxdone account is banned or will be soon

Aww too bad they can never ban my real account, jelly? Unlike you, I'm actually needed for System Wars. :-)

No one needs the PC panhandlers though.

Why don't you put that to the test. go on your main account and openly violate the terms of service. Let me know how that goes

#98 Posted by lostrib (34663 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Theres alot of Elitist Energy in the atmosphere surounding.... well every thing Valve does.

I honestly think Gears of War is a better Multiplayer Shooter.

Valve are Gods. Get down on your knees you console peasant. Beg for forgivness for your second statement.

May the Gaben purge you with Steam Sales

#99 Posted by MBirdy88 (7744 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

How many people play GTA V on PC right now? Peak players?

how many console gamers play WoW, LoL, DoTA? oh thats right...

#100 Edited by jsmoke03 (12768 posts) -

anything after 1.5 is garbage