SteamOs and Ps4 UI does it right

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (4011 posts) -

lightning fast, clean, usefull, lightweight good job sony and valve you did what MS can't they made a power eating slow clusterfuck mess with their OS UI it's just a big big difference

#2 Edited by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Not really. All other devices get more and more capable, it's a dumb thing to do to go opposite of that. Just because it's a gaming machine doesn't mean it should have everything else gutted for no good reason.

#3 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6234 posts) -

Yep.

Any UI which requires shouting to operate should never be considered as being good.

#4 Edited by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

Microsoft made all the worst decisions. Oops!

#5 Posted by Cyberdot (3873 posts) -

X1 UI is an eye sore.

#6 Posted by trugs26 (5784 posts) -

I'd like to mention that I enjoy the Wii U's UI (using the touch screen is nice). But, there isn't much multimedia stuff to do on it, so it might become of lesser importance. But web browsing is very fast (and usable given the touch screen), and general navigating of eShop, Miiverse, etc. is nice too. It used to be really slow at loading menus, but it received an update that sped things up to a more tolerable level.

#7 Posted by _Matt_ (9269 posts) -

I was surprised at how fast and responsive the PS4 ui really was when coming from the clunky mess that is the PS3s. Sony did a good job with the firmware and OS for once

#8 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8571 posts) -

The xbox one ui is ok but it does seem to need some polish. I have a feeling in the coming years it will be even better where the ps4 ui will pretty much stay the same.

#9 Posted by BattleSpectre (6700 posts) -

Early days, more polish needed.

#10 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

What is the difference between the Xbox UI and my Laptop UI?

#11 Posted by mbrockway (3515 posts) -

130gb dedicated to the XBone OS and default apps. Typical Microsoft.

#12 Posted by XBOunity (3837 posts) -

I can navigate faster via voice than anyone using a ps4 or steam. Maybe you guys should try it before you start making proclamations. Lol also insecurity thread is insecure.

#13 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@megaspiderweb09 said:

What is the difference between the Xbox UI and my Laptop UI?

assuming your laptop is windows 8, you can easily download a program to make it so that you never have to see the shitty Metro section of the UI ever again (just buy start 8 for like $5 or download a free equivalent)

#14 Edited by Carbon_Le (185 posts) -

@XBOunity: you must be smoking something. "Xbox go home" or "push a button" cmon man dont kid youself.

#15 Posted by misterpmedia (4224 posts) -

Because they were built and coded with proper vision unlike the other one that wants to do everything and do it all in a mediocre way, turns out to be half baked and laggy. Not to mention is only user friendly if you're using voice commands that are not 100% reliable.

#16 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@Carbon_Le said:

@XBOunity: you must be smoking something. "Xbox go home" or "push a button" cmon man dont kid youself.

You picked the one command which has a dedicated button on the controller. Nice. Btw you can do the same thing on xbox too, just push a button to go home.

#17 Posted by WG_McFartypants (233 posts) -

Now that I have both, the PS4's UI is definitely prettier. XB1 wins hands down for being simple and functional.

#18 Posted by Bubba03 (474 posts) -

You sir are stupid

#19 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7802 posts) -

The XBoner UI is one of the biggest fails in gaming UI history.

Pretty sad.

#20 Posted by bezza2011 (2700 posts) -

The problem with Xbox one is there using windows 8 tiles system I mean do they not get windows 8 world best and seems to be for touch screen and not a non touch screen UI, that's where they keep going wrong

#21 Posted by mems_1224 (48145 posts) -

I heard the friends list on PS4 is shit and the party system isn't all that good.

#22 Edited by charizard1605 (60315 posts) -

I really like the Wii U UI