Steam surpasses 7.1m concurrent online users

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@psymon100 said:

@soulitane said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@soulitane

@jhonMalcovich

@ kraken2109

We maybe in System Wars but I said nothing about consoles. You wana bash'em ? Go ahead, steam is still DRM and DRM is trash.I have standards, theres not a steam sale cheap enough or a steam app Ubiqitous enough to side with that anti-consumer crap.

How is it anticonsumer? You have yet to give me any logic behind your hate. It is DRM yes, there is also DRM on the discs of console games and by the logic you are using then you'd also hate console games. DRM is in every game sold just about. There are a handful that are sold on PC that have no DRM at all, but the majority do have it. Steam is non-intrusive, it doesn't really hurt the consumer either. The only downside is that you are unable to resell and lend games, but that's the same with nearly every downloaded game ever. So could you explain your logic?

must only play gog games.

That's what I was thinking, it's the only way to keep away from DRM =p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ soulitane

Back in My PC gaming days (2005-2009) I played all my games, which I paid for, without DRM, some were nice enough to leave it out, others needed alil help from good old fashioned cracks. I don't care how un-intrusive steam is, DRM is is still anti-consumer. Besides your only thinking about yourself, if you keep an ear out, steam is inconvenient for just as many people it is convenient for. But why should you care, it works for you, thats all you need to know right ? steam is on retail games too, when was the last time you walked into a store and actually bought a game ? LOL steam, I couldn't find a way around it, I simply stopped buying steam games all together, my friends were way more upset at steam than I was, they don't bother with finding a way around DRM for the games they bought legitimately anymore, they skip the buying part and just download the pre-cracked version of the game. its sad really, but hey their having..... For free !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ soulitane

Back in My PC gaming days (2005-2009) I played all my games, which I paid for, without DRM, some were nice enough to leave it out, others needed alil help from good old fashioned cracks. I don't care how un-intrusive steam is, DRM is is still anti-consumer. Besides your only thinking about yourself, if you keep an ear out, steam is inconvenient for just as many people it is convenient for. But why should you care, it works for you, thats all you need to know right ? steam is on retail games too, when was the last time you walked into a store and actually bought a game ? LOL steam, I couldn't find a way around it, I simply stopped buying steam games all together, my friends were way more upset at steam than I was, they don't bother with finding a way around DRM for the games they bought legitimately anymore, they skip the buying part and just download the pre-cracked version of the game. its sad really, but hey their having..... For free !

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 soulitane

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ soulitane

You have yet to say how it is bad, you've just stated that DRM is inherently bad. Specifics, how is it bad for people, how is it anti-consumer? From other threads, you've shown to have played console games, that game disc is a form of DRM, so why do you play them games? Since as you said, DRM is bad, and a disc which you have to put in each time is another form of DRM. So please do tell me how steam is bad, you've been side stepping this point the whole time.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@soulitane said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ soulitane

You have yet to say how it is bad, you've just stated that DRM is inherently bad. Specifics, how is it bad for people, how is it anti-consumer? From other threads, you've shown to have played console games, that game disc is a form of DRM, so why do you play them games? Since as you said, DRM is bad, and a disc which you have to put in each time is another form of DRM. So please do tell me how steam is bad, you've been side stepping this point the whole time.

i'd love to know what these pc games were, these ones released without dlc from 2005 to 2009 which were 'nice enough to leave' DRM 'out'. i was there with half-life 2 at launch, and that is a 2004 game which required internet activation. i also remember bioshock's drm (2007), and doom 3 (2004).

even age of empires 2 (1999) had drm. even all playstation 1 games had drm, that's partly why the discs were black.

what games were you playing?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Lulu_Lulu

@ soulitane

DRM is inherently bad. Do I need specifics ? Maybe.

let me put it this way: If steam offered choice between a game with DRM and a game without, how many morons would choose the one assumes you could be a pirate and needs you to enter a key to prove other wise ? Go ahead choose the DRM option, I dare ya. If there was an alternative to steam you still think 7 million people would still use steam if the game allowed you to play without steam.

And while we're on that topic why do I need that stupid client installed ? Hogging all my resources from space to bandwith. I don't want it ! If people could play the game without it, believe me they would.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#107 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

@Cranler said:

@-Unreal- said:

@Cranler said:

@Arach666 said:

@Cranler said:

@Arach666 said:

@Cranler said:

@way2funny said:

@Cranler said:

@145ty said:

The Steam numbers are pretty good. Especially if you compare a very popular game for consoles like Battlefield 4 which PC usually has more players playing concurrently. There was 115k on PC VS like 65k on Xbox 360. Hell even Skyrim is still hitting 60-70k concurrent (garuntee that its not even close on console) as well as games like PoE and Warframe hitting 20k concurrent is pretty impressive.

Add in LoL, Blizzard games + other MMOs (SWTOR, FFXIV, GW2 etc.,) plus many others and the PC gaming community is huge. Compare it to console where shooter games reign supreme (CoD,BF4 ETC., are their big number games (and PC BF4 is probably 50% larger then the consoles) it really shows how much PC gaming is growing.

Hell in Killzone Shadow Fall the multiplayer is a wasteland like 2k players, a indie game I bought called Chivalry had a bit over 5k when I compared them today.

PC gaming is growing but remember that pc has no direct competition. If mac got most games it would be a viable game platform and would cut the pc numbers in half. Its not fair to compare pc to one specific console for that reason. 360 and ps 3 both have more BF 4 players than pc at the moment.

Pretty sure steam counts its 'mac' and 'linux' users as well. Also if you do not use directx it is not that difficult to port the game to other platforms.

Of course they count the mac and linux users. Theyre all lumped into the numbers mentioned. If they were entirely separate platforms like consoles, and mac and linux got all the games then the numbers for pc would decline dramatically.

Dramatically? Windows users account for over 95% of the steam userbase,so removing less than 5% of the overall numbers would be a dramatic decline?

I guess you didnt read what I was responding to. I was responding to someone who was comparing BF 4 numbers of pc and 360. Comparing pc to one console isnt fair. PC has no direct competition while console has 4 choices of platform for that game . If mac and linux got all the games and had been for years then pc numbers would be dramatically lower. Get it?

Yeah I read it and know what you mean but the reality is that the PC is as much a market competitor to consoles as consoles are to the PC wether we like it or not,the PC is just another choice among the various gaming platforms.

Comparing the PC to the 360 is perfectly fair,consoles are completely different systems that shouldn´t be lumped together unlike the PC wich all it´s gaming(win/mac/lin) can be done on a single hardware platform while consoles cannot. The day you can play PS4 games on the same hardware as you can play Xbox One games then you can lump the numbers together. Get it?

Sorry but no. PC is not in direct competition to consoles. BF 4 can be played on both the xbox one and the ps4 while the computer version of BF 4 is windows only. If you want to play on a computer you have one choice while with consoles you have 2 and during the beginning of new gens you have 4. More people are playing BF 4 on console than pc.

What the **** are you babbling about?

For a start, PC doesn't mean Windows. PC means a personal computer. This includes Windows 95, 98, XP, NT, Vista, 7, 8, Unix, Mac OS, Steam OS, bob from accounting's project on building an operating system.

Your babyish excuses are pitiful. This forum is all about discussing what the best platform for playing games is and the answer is and always has been the PC.

Now dry your eyes and think before you make up an excuse as to why it's :'( not fair.

PC has become synonymous with windows. I guess you're too young to remember the whole I'm a mac your a pc ad campaign. So if its ok to combine all types of computers and the various os's then we can combine all the consoles when comparing play counts.

So you think PC means Windows because Apple had a campaign to try and differentiate them?

You don't have a clue about computers. How dare you come into my thread with your feeble console peasant mind. I should have you scrubbing the outhouses with the rest of the unruly peasants.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 soulitane

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ soulitane

DRM is inherently bad. Do I need specifics ? Maybe.

let me put it this way: If steam offered choice between a game with DRM and a game without, how many morons would choose the one assumes you could be a pirate and needs you to enter a key to prove other wise ? Go ahead choose the DRM option, I dare ya. If there was an alternative to steam you still think 7 million people would still use steam if the game allowed you to play without steam.

And while we're on that topic why do I need that stupid client installed ? Hogging all my resources from space to bandwith. I don't want it ! If people could play the game without it, believe me they would.

Damn, your argument is getting more and more inane. Obviously if people were to choose between DRM and no DRM then they'd choose no DRM. We don't have that choice though anymore, unless you want to use GOG, but then you're lacking in pretty much every modern game. So again, why don't you like steam?

If your PC is struggling with steam open then you don't have a PC that can run modern games. Taking a look at my processes, it's currently using 55mb of RAM and 0% of my CPU, that's with it open and not just in my tray.

So again, can you please actually give me a reason as to why steam is bad? Or are you just hating for the sake of it?

I'm curious as to what games you play then? If you're against DRM then you can't play any console game, or any PC games apart from a select few, or do you just pirate your games?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Cranler said:

PC has become synonymous with windows. I guess you're too young to remember the whole I'm a mac your a pc ad campaign.

So, Mac computers aren't PCs, because Apple had an asinine ad campaign, which meant absolutely nothing, and just preyed on the same type of idiots who think they need special "made for iPod" headphones, and they can't just plug anything into their iPod's 1/8" headphone jack?

News to me. News to just about anyone who's not a pawn of Apple's mind-numbing "I'm different and special because I said so" ad campaigns.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ Soulitane

well duh, I'm not even reading your posts anymore, the more I think about the more it pisses me off ! And I only 2 steam games, just 2 ! **** Steam !

DRM piece of crap.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 soulitane

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Soulitane

well duh, I'm not even reading your posts anymore, the more I think about the more it pisses me off ! And I only 2 steam games, just 2 ! **** Steam !

DRM piece of crap.

Exactly, because you actually have no argument as to why steam is bad, apart from DRM (which I've shown to be a pretty useless argument). Can't you trolls at least try anymore? You're no fun :(

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Lulu_Lulu

@ soulitane

I don't need another reason. Its fucking DRM, designed to stop Pirates and fails miserably in the provess and inconvenience the legitimate customer, yes its an inconvenience. Thats DRM, thats literally its only purpose. Using steam, is like being date raped: you may not realise it but you're definately being f#cked ! Reminds me of that episode in Shameless when those cashiers all finaly admitted they didn't mind being sexually harrased at work because they all got compensated for it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Lulu_Lulu

@ Soulitane

I also forgot thanks to your precious steam EA had the balls to start their own lil DRM project, and now we have exclusives within a single platform, no doubt Ubisoft has simular plans and they're going to make sure their games will be exclusive to their DRM client aswell, if Games For Windows Live returns they will definately try that too, Rock Star Social Club is also a possibility, oh and almost forgot about battlenet, but they do alot of online multiplayer stuff so its a non-issue.

DRM exclusives on a sinlge platform, thats your future !

You and your 7million steam bros shall pave the way to the most unnecessarily complicated PC gaming experience the platform has ever seen. Yeah I'm troll, now watch me play my games without DRM, sucker ! :p

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

such a bad troll go back to playing relationship simulators lulu.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Lulu_Lulu

@ Krelian-Co

I don't know any relationship sims, can't you bash me with something more accurate. I play President Evil 5 and Gears Of War 3. Try again and this time use the source material I have provided for you. ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Lulu_Lulu

I did some googling and found about some more of steams Offline mode issues, looks like its well on its way to becoming completely online DRM. Haha.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I did some googling and found about some more of steams Offline mode issues, looks like its well on its way to becoming completely online DRM. Haha.

what is this, 2004? Guess the only way peasants can make jabs at PC is to lie and use decade old info

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Lulu_Lulu

@ wis3boi

its not lying If I leave out specifics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Soulitane

DRM piece of crap.

you sound like a right tool. lets be honest here.

"why would people use steam" oh i dunno, can never lose your cd key, automatic updates, large community hubs for every single game to discuss issues, positives and share content of said game, unified freinds list ect. 55mb hogs up your system? wtf are you even playing on. who are you people? standard is now 8gb ffs, I have 16gb and it cost F all.

pleanty of positives to steam, wtf is so bad about DRM? all steam games can be played offline after 1 login/authentication. our arguement is so weak its sad.

I find it absolutely stupid that you think steam is complicated, you look at your library, click a game, it installs, updates, installs all neccessary third parties and then plays. as apposed to your manual way of doing each game, sub folders blah blah

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Soulitane

I also forgot thanks to your precious steam EA had the balls to start their own lil DRM project, and now we have exclusives within a single platform, no doubt Ubisoft has simular plans and they're going to make sure their games will be exclusive to their DRM client aswell, if Games For Windows Live returns they will definately try that too, Rock Star Social Club is also a possibility, oh and almost forgot about battlenet, but they do alot of online multiplayer stuff so its a non-issue.

DRM exclusives on a sinlge platform, thats your future !

You and your 7million steam bros shall pave the way to the most unnecessarily complicated PC gaming experience the platform has ever seen. Yeah I'm troll, now watch me play my games without DRM, sucker ! :p

You are simply just an idiot.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Krelian-Co

I don't know any relationship sims, can't you bash me with something more accurate. I play President Evil 5 and Gears Of War 3. Try again and this time use the source material I have provided for you. ;)

How's that XBL Gold DRM that you pay $60 yearly going for you? lol such a hypocrite!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#122 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Am i the only one who logs in to steam everyday mainly to chat with friends? :P

the only reason i use steam is for chatting and its a great chatting place with my fellow gaming friends.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Lulu_Lulu

@ Rage010101

I'm the idiot who plays pc games with no DRM ! :p oh look how stupid I am I can play my games whenever I feel like it no internet required for single player, I'm so stupid for not creating a steam account and giving them my financial details ! Oh lawdy lawdy lawd ! What is Iiiiii gooooone dooooo ?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Am i the only one who logs in to steam everyday mainly to chat with friends? :P

the only reason i use steam is for chatting and its a great chatting place with my fellow gaming friends.

People use psn/xbl for non gaming features too, especially stuff like netflix and such.

I beleive LoL alone has half the concurrent of xbl and psn. 1 game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Lulu_Lulu

@ Rage010101

Oh yeah I don't pay for XBox Live Gold Genius, I don't have it, and I don't want it. Its crap, even Lems know that, they just won't admit it. Only reason I got gears was for the local co-op, because lets be honest, playing online multiplayer is just like playing against AI with an attitude.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@-Unreal- said:

@Cranler said:

@-Unreal- said:

@Cranler said:

@Arach666 said:

@Cranler said:

@Arach666 said:

@Cranler said:

@way2funny said:

@Cranler said:

@145ty said:

The Steam numbers are pretty good. Especially if you compare a very popular game for consoles like Battlefield 4 which PC usually has more players playing concurrently. There was 115k on PC VS like 65k on Xbox 360. Hell even Skyrim is still hitting 60-70k concurrent (garuntee that its not even close on console) as well as games like PoE and Warframe hitting 20k concurrent is pretty impressive.

Add in LoL, Blizzard games + other MMOs (SWTOR, FFXIV, GW2 etc.,) plus many others and the PC gaming community is huge. Compare it to console where shooter games reign supreme (CoD,BF4 ETC., are their big number games (and PC BF4 is probably 50% larger then the consoles) it really shows how much PC gaming is growing.

Hell in Killzone Shadow Fall the multiplayer is a wasteland like 2k players, a indie game I bought called Chivalry had a bit over 5k when I compared them today.

PC gaming is growing but remember that pc has no direct competition. If mac got most games it would be a viable game platform and would cut the pc numbers in half. Its not fair to compare pc to one specific console for that reason. 360 and ps 3 both have more BF 4 players than pc at the moment.

Pretty sure steam counts its 'mac' and 'linux' users as well. Also if you do not use directx it is not that difficult to port the game to other platforms.

Of course they count the mac and linux users. Theyre all lumped into the numbers mentioned. If they were entirely separate platforms like consoles, and mac and linux got all the games then the numbers for pc would decline dramatically.

Dramatically? Windows users account for over 95% of the steam userbase,so removing less than 5% of the overall numbers would be a dramatic decline?

I guess you didnt read what I was responding to. I was responding to someone who was comparing BF 4 numbers of pc and 360. Comparing pc to one console isnt fair. PC has no direct competition while console has 4 choices of platform for that game . If mac and linux got all the games and had been for years then pc numbers would be dramatically lower. Get it?

Yeah I read it and know what you mean but the reality is that the PC is as much a market competitor to consoles as consoles are to the PC wether we like it or not,the PC is just another choice among the various gaming platforms.

Comparing the PC to the 360 is perfectly fair,consoles are completely different systems that shouldn´t be lumped together unlike the PC wich all it´s gaming(win/mac/lin) can be done on a single hardware platform while consoles cannot. The day you can play PS4 games on the same hardware as you can play Xbox One games then you can lump the numbers together. Get it?

Sorry but no. PC is not in direct competition to consoles. BF 4 can be played on both the xbox one and the ps4 while the computer version of BF 4 is windows only. If you want to play on a computer you have one choice while with consoles you have 2 and during the beginning of new gens you have 4. More people are playing BF 4 on console than pc.

What the **** are you babbling about?

For a start, PC doesn't mean Windows. PC means a personal computer. This includes Windows 95, 98, XP, NT, Vista, 7, 8, Unix, Mac OS, Steam OS, bob from accounting's project on building an operating system.

Your babyish excuses are pitiful. This forum is all about discussing what the best platform for playing games is and the answer is and always has been the PC.

Now dry your eyes and think before you make up an excuse as to why it's :'( not fair.

PC has become synonymous with windows. I guess you're too young to remember the whole I'm a mac your a pc ad campaign. So if its ok to combine all types of computers and the various os's then we can combine all the consoles when comparing play counts.

So you think PC means Windows because Apple had a campaign to try and differentiate them?

You don't have a clue about computers. How dare you come into my thread with your feeble console peasant mind. I should have you scrubbing the outhouses with the rest of the unruly peasants.

Again, pc is synonymous with Windows. Intel agrees http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/tech-tips-and-tricks/pc-vs-mac-the-big-debate.html

So just because I side with console in this situation means I'm a consolite? For me, logic supercedes any fanboyisms. Just because I primarily game on a pc doesnt mean I will blindly side with pc in every debate.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Obvious troll is obvious?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Cranler

@the_bi99man said:

@Cranler said:

PC has become synonymous with windows. I guess you're too young to remember the whole I'm a mac your a pc ad campaign.

So, Mac computers aren't PCs, because Apple had an asinine ad campaign, which meant absolutely nothing, and just preyed on the same type of idiots who think they need special "made for iPod" headphones, and they can't just plug anything into their iPod's 1/8" headphone jack?

News to me. News to just about anyone who's not a pawn of Apple's mind-numbing "I'm different and special because I said so" ad campaigns.

Meanings change over time. Like that word which used to mean happy.

Gamespot has a forum that you yourself use, is it called pc forums? Nope! Its called pc and mac forums. Ever notice how publishers will call a windows compatible version of a game the pc version? And one thats compatible with apple as mac version?

Civ 5 on Steam has a tooltip that says "Buy it once and play it on PC or Mac". Steam holds more weight than a couple of Sys warriors.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Cranler

@psymon100 said:

I guess you mean me. Lets get back to the point I was making. You want to buy pc version of BF 4 you get one choice, want to by console version and you get 4 choices. This is why it's silly to compare pc version sales to one specific console. Console isnt monopolized like pc. If MS has consoles monopolized then there would be more BF 4 xbox players than pc.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Cranler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@Cranler said:

Gamespot has a forum that you yourself use, is it called pc forums? Nope! Its called pc and mac forums. Ever notice how publishers will call a windows compatible version of a game the pc version? And one thats compatible with apple as mac version?

Civ 5 on Steam has a tooltip that says "Buy it once and play it on PC or Mac". Steam holds more weight than a couple of Sys warriors.

You mean like "Games for PC" oh no that was "Games for Windows". Macs are PC's that use a different OS to windows PCs (although you can install windows on a mac so there goes that argument for calling them different .... )

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 psymon100

@Cranler said:

@psymon100 said:

I guess you mean me.

Stop you there.

I don't mean you.

Have a lovely day, sir.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Lulu_Lulu

@ psymon100

You must be talking about me then ! :D

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Cranler

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Cranler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@Cranler said:

You mean like "Games for PC" oh no that was "Games for Windows". Macs are PC's that use a different OS to windows PCs (although you can install windows on a mac so there goes that argument for calling them different .... )

Lol at everyone being so literal. Everyone knows that macs are technically pc's. But everyone should also that the lingo has changed to the point that pc now typically means a computer with windows.

Games for Windows was simply a campaign by MS just like the I'm a mac ads were an Apple campaign. Games for Windows is basically dead and like I said, your own forums that YOU moderate agrees with the new terminology of pc and mac.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Cranler: So you can be literal when it suits you, but others can't to refute your own literall-ness? The PC/Mac forum is so named as they are so similar they can be lumped together, undermining your point not strengthening it (and so Mac users don't complain about "Why don't we have a forum?", its all about clarity). The same cannot be said for the other platform specific forums on GS.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 psymon100
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ psymon100

You must be talking about me then ! :D

yup

If you're really anti DRM, then why play any game on the 360? Every 360 game has DRM, and Carmack's on the record complaining about the disc space it uses (Rage had to span 3 discs).

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Cranler

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Cranler: So you can be literal when it suits you, but others can't to refute your own literall-ness? The PC/Mac forum is so named as they are so similar they can be lumped together, undermining your point not strengthening it (and so Mac users don't complain about "Why don't we have a forum?", its all about clarity). The same cannot be said for the other platform specific forums on GS.

If everyone considers the mac a pc then why isnt it just called the pc forum? It's lumped because barely anyone games on macs since they get so few games. A mac only forum would get one post a week.

When was I being too literal?

Intel isnt overly literal. Intel has an article not about OSX vs Windows but Mac vs PC. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/tech-tips-and-tricks/pc-vs-mac-the-big-debate.html

A quick Google search will see who agrees with me

Popular Mechanics http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/reviews/mac-vs-pc-ultimate-laptop-lab-test#slide-1

Cnet agrees too http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-3121_7-57591398-220/dont-buy-a-new-pc-or-mac-before-you-read-this/

Business Insider sees things my way as well http://www.businessinsider.com/the-9-most-important-differences-between-macs-and-pcs-2012-8

Steam agrees http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac

Whose on your side? Biman and a couple other sys warriors! lulz

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#138 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@Cranler said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

If everyone considers the mac a pc then why isnt it just called the pc forum? It's lumped because barely anyone games on macs since they get so few games. A mac only forum would get one post a week.

So why were you lumping the consoles against the PC saying their numbers should count together earlier but according to your own current argument,why are there different,separate boards for xbox,ps and nintendo? Doesn´t that conflict with you current forum argument on the PC board?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Cranler

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

So why were you lumping the consoles against the PC saying their numbers should count together earlier but according to your own current argument,why are there different,separate boards for xbox,ps and nintendo? Doesn´t that conflict with you current forum argument on the PC board?

With BF 4 consolites have 4 choices, computers users have one choice. Not fair to compare pc numbers to one specific console for that reason. Comparing all consoles to pc is the closest you can get to an apples to apples comparison. If Mac and pc were equally popular for computer gaming like Sony and MS are equal for consoles, then we could start comparing pc to specific consoles.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#140 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

With BF 4 consolites have 4 choices, computers users have one choice. Not fair to compare pc numbers to one specific console for that reason. Comparing all consoles to pc is the closest you can get to an apples to apples comparison. If Mac and pc were equally popular for computer gaming like Sony and MS are equal then we could start comparing pc to specific consoles.

Same platform,same forum,different platforms,different forums.

Your own argument betrays you.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Cranler

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

With BF 4 consolites have 4 choices, computers users have one choice. Not fair to compare pc numbers to one specific console for that reason. Comparing all consoles to pc is the closest you can get to an apples to apples comparison. If Mac and pc were equally popular for computer gaming like Sony and MS are equal then we could start comparing pc to specific consoles.

Mac and pc are separate platforms, they use the same forum because a mac only forum would be a ghost town. You think comparing BF 4 player count on pc to the 360 is a fair comparison? When consolites are segregated between 4 platforms?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Mac and pc are separate platforms, they use the same forum because a mac only forum would be a ghost town. You think comparing BF 4 player count on pc to the 360 is a fair comparison? When consolites are segregated between 4 platforms?

PC & Mac are one platform on system wars

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

And this has no bearing on my point about player count comparisons.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Lulu_Lulu

@ psymon100

Consoles aren't open platforms, right off the bat you should know you're giving up all your ownership when you buy one, PC on the other hand is an open platform its practically yours to do with whatever you want (if you have the resources ofcourse) I hate all DRM but I hate it the most on the PC because its the one platform that can avoid this shit yet chooses not to. Don't wowi my hermit friend, I shall return to PC Gaming and will be back circumventing DRM in no time. On the PC you can beat DRM, people just don't want to, maybe their too dumb maybe their too lazy, I don't know. I'l know more when I'm back in.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Well your bitching about the console gamers being segregated when there are at most ~4 million next gen consoles available versus 160 million current gen consoles. But why does it make sense to compare 4 platforms to one platform

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 psymon100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ psymon100

Consoles aren't open platforms, right off the bat you should know you're giving up all your ownership when you buy one, PC on the other hand is an open platform its practically yours to do with whatever you want (if you have the resources ofcourse) I hate all DRM but I hate it the most on the PC because its the one platform that can avoid this shit yet chooses not to. Don't wowi my hermit friend, I shall return to PC Gaming and will be back circumventing DRM in no time. On the PC you can beat DRM, people just don't want to, maybe their too dumb maybe their too lazy, I don't know. I'l know more when I'm back in.

gog.com

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/864977564058514775/ <- Steam games that are DRM free.

It appears there are games on PC, on Steam even, which avoid DRM; contrary to your text in bold. So, do you accept there are DRM free offerings on Steam?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Well your bitching about the console gamers being segregated when there are at most ~4 million next gen consoles available versus 160 million current gen consoles. But why does it make sense to compare 4 platforms to one platform

Because BF 4 is one of the few good games to play on the next gen consoles while all the other platforms have tons of great games to choose from. PS 3 and 360 alone are beating pc on BF 4 though.

It makes sense to compare all console to pc because because pc has no direct competition. Mac doesnt have BF 4. Tell me why it doesnt make sense.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ psymon100

Thats good for digital downloads but steam is on Retail games aswell, and believe me steam does not do retail very well. It is the number one pipeline after all. Even in the internet friendly 1st world countries (I'm guessing).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Because BF 4 is one of the few good games to play on the next gen consoles while all the other platforms have tons of great games to choose from. PS 3 and 360 alone are beating pc on BF 4 though.

based on what?

Currently, BF4 stats show more people on PC than any one platform. Unfortunately it doesn't give peak numbers