Steam Machine more powerful while being cheaper?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34474/20140825/pc-vs-console.htm (300$) (Faked)

http://wccftech.com/pc-vs-consoles-steam-machine-ps4-xbox-specs-performance/ (500$)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/CyberpowerPC-Steam-Machine-Beats-PS4-Xbox-One-Price-Performance-61434.html (Original Article. 500$.)

In a report by Cyberland The Chinese made XiaoMingZi Steam Machine looks like it will be a threat to living-room gaming supremacy held by Sony and Microsoft as, by looking at its specs, it is significantly more powerful than the next-gen consoles at $300

Share your input. I personally think this is amazing if it's real.

Edit: Treat the XiaoMingZi as Rumored/Fake until more sources comes up on it. (Doubt anything will.)

One of the comments on the article:

You stole lines from this article: http://wccftech.com/pc-vs-cons...

Gunther Barbosa, your article was uploaded a day after the one that I linked and you can tell that your paragraphs going over the respective consoles' hardware is ripped and slightly altered from the article by Fahad Arif.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I see someone got around to browsing r/pcmasterrace today

No one seems to be able to find any other information on this product

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BldgIrsh

@lostrib said:

I see someone got around to browsing r/pcmasterrace today

No one seems to be able to find any other information on this product

I am a lurker of that and other subreddits. Usually for good laughs heh.

I am aware that its probably far-fetched.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib

This article and site are a bunch of shit. Do a little more research (found this info in the reddit thread about this topic)

This is a copy and paste of an article they posted previously: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/32975/20140813/pc-vs-console.htm

Which was itself a copy and paste of a cinemablend article: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/CyberpowerPC-Steam-Machine-Beats-PS4-Xbox-One-Price-Performance-61434.html

All they did was change the names

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BldgIrsh

@lostrib said:

This article and site are a bunch of shit. Do a little more research (found this info in the reddit thread about this topic)

This is a copy and paste of an article they posted previously: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/32975/20140813/pc-vs-console.htm

Which was itself a copy and paste of a cinemablend article: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/CyberpowerPC-Steam-Machine-Beats-PS4-Xbox-One-Price-Performance-61434.html

All they did was change the names

Yup, meant to edit in the original link as well. Read the comments on the first article and one of the top posters mentions it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

so what's up? Is this real or not? Give me the TL;DR version please.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BldgIrsh

@Gue1 said:

300$ version is more than likely faked since bunch of it is copy pasta'd. The 500$ version is real though.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lostrib

@Gue1 said:

the $300 xiaomingzi is bullshit

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

It's possible since everything is manufactured in China nowadays so it's not too unreasonable that they could get the parts on the cheap.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

CPU

The PS4's core clock speed is 1.6ghz with a max OC range of 2.75ghz per core.

The Xbox One's core processing speed is 1.75ghz

Steam Machine has an A6-6400K 3.90 GHz CPU from AMD

GPU

Xbox One's GPU an 853mhz core clock speed of the GPU with 12 compute units.

The PS4 has an 800mhz core clock speed with 18 compute units.

Steam Machine has a Radeon R9 270x with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM (2000 mhz)

RAM

Xbox One is using 8GB of DDR3 RAM - 3GB for OS = 5 GB RAM TOTAL

The PS4 also limited to 5GB of usable RAM.

Steam Machine comes with 8GB of DDR3 which would mean that it's likely to use up about 1GB, similar to Windows 7. = 7GB RAM TOTAL

The XiaoMingZi Steam Machine is $300. The Xbox One is $499. The PS4 is $399.

STEAM MACHINE IS 2-3 MORE POWERFUL THAN PS4 AND CHEAPER.

VALVE SAVED PC GAMING, VALVE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE POWERFUL MACHINE AND BEING CHEAPER. VALVE WOULD KILL CONSOLE GAMING IF THEY WANTED.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FreedomFreeLife

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

CPU

GPU

RAM

Steam Machine comes with 8GB of DDR3 which would mean that it's likely to use up about 1GB, similar to Windows 7. = 7GB RAM TOTAL

VALVE SAVED PC GAMING, VALVE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE POWERFUL MACHINE AND BEING CHEAPER. VALVE WOULD KILL CONSOLE GAMING IF THEY WANTED.

The xiaomingzi doesn't appear to exist

Shut up, fake boy. No one cares what you think

You lost this war console freak. You will be always my slave and poor. You never become Elite class. NEVER. YOU LOST!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

You lost this war console freak. You will be always my slave and poor. You never become Elite class. NEVER. YOU LOST!

...shut up you worthless troll. At least know what you're talking about before posting.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

...shut up you worthless troll. At least know what you're talking about before posting.

Elite and money does not make me troll. You will be always slave and thats a fact. You will be always my slave. Every your word is shame. I don´t care what slave(you) say.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreedomFreeLife

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Elite and money does not make me troll. You will be always slave and thats a fact. You will be always my slave. Every your word is shame. I don´t care what slave(you) say.

Flagged for disruptive and offensive posting

You're just a stupid fakeboy. You're probably just a "peasant" masquerading as part of the "master race"

You are flagged. You attacked me first, EVERY TIME YOU KEEP ATTACKING AND INSULTING EVERYONE.

Money does not make me fakeboy. You most idiotic person i ever met in my life.

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 natsm
Member since 2014 • 63 Posts

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Flagged for disruptive and offensive posting

You're just a stupid fakeboy. You're probably just a "peasant" masquerading as part of the "master race"

You are flagged. You attacked me first, EVERY TIME YOU KEEP ATTACKING AND INSULTING EVERYONE.

Money does not make me fakeboy. You most idiotic person i ever met in my life.

You're an idiot

Go back under your bridge

i think he's a kid,or maybe just another fanboy.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#19  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

CPU

GPU

RAM

Wow that's some great hardware for the price! Too bad it's library is weaksauce.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

CPU

GPU

RAM

The 270x is not "2-3 more powerful than PS4"

Please stop lying on the interwebs. Putting it in caps and bold won't make it any true

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Both the xbox one and ps4 ARE steam machines.

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 natsm

@MonsieurX said:

The 270x is not "2-3 more powerful than PS4"

Please stop lying on the interwebs. Putting it in caps and bold won't make it any true

isn't the performance the same?

@Heirren said:

Both the xbox one and ps4 ARE steam machines.

now that i think about it..this is actually true lol

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@natsm: its hard to compare performance because if you pair a good cpu like i7 or fx-8350 with a radeon 7850, you far exceed the ps4's performance in the workload type of watch dogs. (fair enough too because that is much more expensive).

7850 is a 1.75 TF GPU. apparently stock the 270x is 2.68 TF. i suggest that as long as the 270x is paired with a decent cpu eg: core i5 quads (non-t) or better, games should render faster on the 270x. plus you can customise the performance/quality tradeoff.

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 natsm

@CrownKingArthur said:

@natsm: its hard to compare performance because if you pair a good cpu like i7 or fx-8350 with a radeon 7850, you far exceed the ps4's performance in the workload type of watch dogs. (fair enough too because that is much more expensive).

7850 is a 1.75 TF GPU. apparently stock the 270x is 2.68 TF. i suggest that as long as the 270x is paired with a decent cpu eg: core i5 quads (non-t) or better, games should render faster on the 270x. plus you can customise the performance/quality tradeoff.

well i have an i5 cpu so i guess mine is better. WOOOHOO i'm so proud of you my pc rig :)
also,i don't think its actually that expensive because i think if i live in the US my PC would be like 500$

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@CrownKingArthur said:

I have that exact combination of CPU and GPU and in real world performance I would probably say the PS4 is faster due to the crappy ports like stutterdogs.

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By natsm

@edwardecl said:
@CrownKingArthur said:

I have that exact combination of CPU and GPU and in real world performance I would probably say the PS4 is faster due to the crappy ports like stutterdogs.

I have an i5 2310 and R9 270X and it runs on 1920x1080 ultra(except lod) without any problem

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CrownKingArthur
@edwardecl said:
@CrownKingArthur said:

contradicts with experiences of myself, and thehig1. even an i5-3470+7850 exceeds ps4, no sweat.

thank you for your input.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 edwardecl
@natsm said:

@edwardecl said:
@CrownKingArthur said:

what exactly is your combination?

"fx-8350 with a radeon 7850"

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CrownKingArthur

fyi

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/poor-watch-dogs-performance-31296779/?page=1#js-message-342429733

I got about 60fps with my system on high settings (AMD FX 8350, AMD HD 7850 OC to 1000ghz, 8 GB ram)

I really thought I was going to have to upgrade to play this, but no my 7850 is still good enough for now. I'm putting off getting an R9 because I'd need a new PSU for it

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 natsm

@edwardecl said:
@natsm said:

@edwardecl said:
@CrownKingArthur said:

what exactly is your combination?

"fx-8350 with a radeon 7850"

yeah nevermind about that i didn't realize it lol

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By edwardecl

I can barely get a stable 30FPS (not overclocked) no matter what settings I pick, the game just randomly stutters. The only thing that made it playable was the config tweak someone did but even that ain't perfect.

Dunno maybe the PS4 version is the same, if it is that's horrendous.

Same with Assassin's creed, unless I lock that game to 30FPS and triple buffer it using RadeonPro, it stutters. Ubisoft really are a bunch of morons when it comes to PC ports.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CrownKingArthur

mmm yes its true that sometimes gaming can be woesome on pc, i'd agree that generally its more consistent on consoles.

sorry to hear. unlucky. #respect

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Incredible.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@Cranler said:

Wow that's some great hardware for the price! Too bad it's library is weaksauce.

The hardware is library?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

The hardware is library?

Wiiu has weak hardware for the price and it's library sucks.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

The hardware is library?

Wiiu has weak hardware for the price and it's library sucks.

Whoosh

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Just so you know Kdramastars constantly makes up things on their site for ad revenue

wccftech is hit or miss

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib

@daious said:

Just so you know Kdramastars constantly makes up things on their site for ad revenue

wccftech is hit or miss

yeah, it's been pointed out the kdramastars article is bullshit. TC even acknowledged it.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BldgIrsh

Yup. The original article was from cinemablend with wccftech reporting the same thing. The Chinese steam machine was just copied from the original article and reworded with the price tag of 300$.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

When will people stop falling for the old bait tricks of Kdramastars?

I don't even understand how they don't realize something is awfully wrong when they are reading a tech report on a k-drama site.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

@bldgirsh said:

Yup. The original article was from cinemablend with wccftech reporting the same thing. The Chinese steam machine was just copied from the original article and reworded with the price tag of 300$.

even worse, they copied the cinemablend article about cyberpower when it first came out. then just now they copied that same article and changed the names and price.