Steam Just turned PC gaming into a relaxing Console experience.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

There is a TINY percentage of people who have their PCs connected to their TVs.

This is created for a tiny niche of nerds and it doesn't really improve the experience they are going to have for the most part anyway because if they already have their PCs connected to their TVs then they've already been playing the likes of Steam on their PC for ages now anyway, with their mouse and keyboards which will also obviously be attached too and which already offer a better navigation experience.

This, as it turns out, is just a pointless gimmick for a tiny minority of geeks.

amaneuvering

(gif)

It is a gimmick for a few geeks.

getoutc.gif

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"][QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

You grasp whatever the f'k you want.

I know a pile of pointless gimmicky crap for complete nerds and nothing more when I see it.

This could have actually been something special.

It's not.

You can believe whatever it is you want to imagine to be the truth.

amaneuvering

You would think that when not 1 single person is backing up your argument......it might tell you something, my PC is right across from my big TV which I just have to connect with an HDMI cable, big picture allows me to basically play my PC and enjoy it like a console by navigating it with a 360 controller in the comfort of my relaxing recliner chair, which before was not possible, now on PC not only can you get the best graphics but you can also get that relaxing console like experience that people do find as an advantage, How is this not a good thing????

This is created for a tiny niche of nerds and it doesn't really improve the experience they are going to have for the most part anyway because if they already have their PCs connected to their TVs then they've already been playing the likes of Steam on their PC for ages now anyway, with their mouse and keyboards which will also obviously be attached too and which already offer a faster, smoother and more intuitive navigation experience.

This, as it turns out, is just a pointless gimmick for a tiny minority of geeks.

So, by your logic, if someone has their PC connected to a TV, they're a niche of nerds?

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

(gif)

GamerwillzPS

It is a gimmick for a few geeks.

getoutc.gif

Gimmick... For... Geeks.
amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 amaneuvering

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]You would think that when not 1 single person is backing up your argument......it might tell you something, my PC is right across from my big TV which I just have to connect with an HDMI cable, big picture allows me to basically play my PC and enjoy it like a console by navigating it with a 360 controller in the comfort of my relaxing recliner chair, which before was not possible, now on PC not only can you get the best graphics but you can also get that relaxing console like experience that people do find as an advantage, How is this not a good thing????IgGy621985

This is created for a tiny niche of nerds and it doesn't really improve the experience they are going to have for the most part anyway because if they already have their PCs connected to their TVs then they've already been playing the likes of Steam on their PC for ages now anyway, with their mouse and keyboards which will also obviously be attached too and which already offer a faster, smoother and more intuitive navigation experience.

So, by your logic, if someone has their PC connected to a TV, they're a niche of nerds?

Absolutely.

They're tech geeks, computer geeks, or some other kind of geek.

The utterly minuscule percentage of people who actually have their PCs directly connected to their living room TVs, and using Steam too, will be made up almost entirely of geeks. You know, the type of people who would even bother to do this kind of thing in the first place when most other people will simply have a PC set up on it's own, most likely in their bedroom or the corner or another room, and a TV set up entirely separately with some other kind of mainstream entertainment box or console connected up to it.

BPM as it turns out if for the geekiest of geeks.

Anyone who imagines otherwise is wrong.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Absolutely.

The utterly minuscule percentage of people who actually have their PCs directly connected to their TVs, using Steam too, will be made up almost entirely of geeks. You know, the type of people who would bother to do this kind of thing in the first place when most other people will have a PC set up on it's own and a TV, with some other kind of entertainment box or console connected up, set up entirely separately.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit of a geek and nerd but just doesn't realize it.

amaneuvering

You just need one HDMI cable these days to connect a PC to a TV. And if your TV is in the same room, you don't need to be a brainiac to do it or move anything. Long cables exist. Ex. a random guy can switch to a TV for gamepad appropriate games, or movies or whatever the hell he wants, and then switch back to his monitor. Takes like a sec.

I don't know how niche it is, but i sure as f*ck know that any average human can do it, regardless of their stereotype.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 IgGy621985

Absolutely.

The utterly minuscule percentage of people who actually have their PCs directly connected to their living room TVs, and using Steam too, will be made up almost entirely of geeks. You know, the type of people who would even bother to do this kind of thing in the first place when most other people will simply have a PC set up on it's own, most likely in their bedroom or the corner or another room, and a TV set up entirely separately with some other kind of mainstream entertainment box or console connected up to it.

amaneuvering

Seriously dude, I'm really not sure if you're just sarcastic or dead serious:(

I mean, my TV is relatively close to my PC and I connected it with my PC via the HDMI cable. I also have a 360 controller, so I play FIFA on my TV. So, considering all of that, I'm a geek?

But nevermind my case. If people have time, nerves, will and resources to connect their PCs with their livingroom TVs, why bash them? Why call them names? Why such hatred? I mean, take it easy dude:?

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 amaneuvering

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

Absolutely.

The utterly minuscule percentage of people who actually have their PCs directly connected to their TVs, using Steam too, will be made up almost entirely of geeks. You know, the type of people who would bother to do this kind of thing in the first place when most other people will have a PC set up on it's own and a TV, with some other kind of entertainment box or console connected up, set up entirely separately.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit of a geek and nerd but just doesn't realize it.

Lucianu

You just need one HDMI cable these days to connect a PC to a TV. And if your TV is in the same room, you don't need to be a brainiac to do it or move anything. Long cables exist. Ex. a random guy can switch to a TV for gamepad appropriate games, or movies or whatever the hell he wants, and then switch back to his monitor. Takes like a sec.

I don't know how niche it is, but i sure as f*ck know that any average human can do it, regardless of their stereotype.

I didn't say it was hard.

I said only a tiny niche of people have even bothered to connect their PC to their TV and that's who this is for.

The problem is that any geeks who've already done this will most likely already be playing Steam on their TVs with their keyboard and mouse anyway, that's already all set up I assume (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to use the PC up till now), so why would they even care about switching to a slower and more clumsy input method?

The idea of running Steam on your TV and using a controller sounded appealing from the point of view of someone who didn't already have or even want to connect up their PC to their TV but if I'm having to connect my PC to my TV anyway then sacrificing the quality of the interface is almost completely pointless since I will obviously have to have my keyboard and mouse connected up by default too anyway.

It's pointless for the most part and most certainly only practical for a very tiny minority of people.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I mean, my TV is relatively close to my PC and I connected it with my PC via the HDMI cable. I also have a 360 controller, so I play FIFA on my TV. So, considering all of that, I'm a geek?

But nevermind my case. If people have time, nerves, will and resources to connect their PCs with their livingroom TVs, why bash them? Why call them names? Why such hatred? I mean, take it easy dude:?

IgGy621985

He's probably messing around.smh2.gif

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 amaneuvering

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

Absolutely.

IgGy621985

Oh I'm dead serious.

You'll find they insulted me first by insinuating I was retarded or something for questioning the point of this, or how it's supposed to work on your TV unless you already have a PC attached anyway (which entirely defeats the point imo), and all I have done is respond by pointing out just how utterly ridiculous anyone is who actually thinks this service is something special.

It's another option, sure, but that is about all it is and not a very good or particularly beneficial one at that.

Most people don't use their PC via their TV for good reason; because it's just not practical sitting that far from the TV screen when doing most of the things you do regularly on a PC, nevermind configuring a comfy and practical way of using a mouse and keyboard from your sofa for all the actual PC stuff you'll still want to do on your PC, but this new BPM service allows you to magically gain all the awkwardness of using your PC on your TV just so you can use a much slower and more clumsy way of playing you Steam games on your TV screen too.

Now, if they'd figured out a way to ACTUALLY let me use Steam directly on my TV, no PC required, possibly via some kind of cloud based service or even through one of my normally connected consoles or entertainment boxes (as an App/Channel), then that might have actually been something genuinely worth getting excited about.

Right now however it's mostly entirely useless and worthless for the vast majority of people in it's current application and configuration.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Big Picture Mode is awesome. I like the UI much better than PSN. I'm curious if Valve will start adding apps like Netflix and all that so there wouldn't be a need to exit BPM for users with HTPCs

BPoole96
I havent used it yet, what are the advantages of it?
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

You can't relax while playing a PC game because????

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#112 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Wow, people attacking amaneuvering for stating how incredibly useless Steam Big Picture mode truely is.

For real, he has a point, the feature is incredibly useless.

"b-b-bbut these are for people how just want to use their controller...."

Yeah you could already do that! I'm playing Skyrim like all the time with my controller and even Borderlands! I didn't need Big Picture mode for that!

"But The TV!"

Just hook your computer up to your TV! Nothing changes with Big Picture mode!

"B-B-But First Person Web Brows-"

You're an idiot if you think that was cool.

Steam Big Picture mode is just a useless feature teasing us of Valve's true nature of the project which is the heavily rumored Steam Box.

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Big Picture Mode is awesome. I like the UI much better than PSN. I'm curious if Valve will start adding apps like Netflix and all that so there wouldn't be a need to exit BPM for users with HTPCs

Heil68

I havent used it yet, what are the advantages of it?

Turning your PC to a console.

Besides freakin Netflix on Steam? are you serious?

This is nothing but Windows Media Center with a Steam logo on it.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 IgGy621985

Oh I'm dead serious.

You'll find they insulted me first by insinuating I was retarded or something for questioning the point of this, or how it's supposed to work on your TV unless you already have a PC attached anyway (which entirely defeats the point imo), and all I have done is respond by pointing out just how utterly ridiculous anyone is who actually thinks this service is something special.

It's another option, sure, but that is about all it is and not a very good or particularly beneficial one at that.

Most people don't use their PC via their TV for good reason; because it's just not practical sitting that far from the TV screen when doing most of the things you do regularly on a PC, nevermind configuring a comfy and practical way of using a mouse and keyboard from your sofa for all the actual PC stuff you'll still want to do on your PC, but this new BPM service allows you to magically gain all the awkwardness of using your PC on your TV just so you can use a much slower and more clumsy way of playing you Steam games on your TV screen too.

Now, if they'd figured out a way to ACTUALLY let me use Steam directly on my TV, no PC required, possibly via some kind of cloud based service or even through one of my normally connected consoles or entertainment boxes (as an App/Channel), then that might have actually been something genuinely worth getting excited about.

Right now however it's mostly entirely useless and worthless for the vast majority of people in it's current application and configuration.

amaneuvering

I do get your point, but I believe you're bit overreacting. I mean, I tried it and yeah, currently it's pretty clumsy. I used it for a few times and never again. But, then again, it's a choice. So, why bash it so hard calling people names, and bash the whole idea of playing Steam games on a simplified interface using a gamepad?

Some people who have enough time and money will have their mancave gaming PC and a HTPC in their livingroom connected to TV. They will have kb/mouse Steam games installed on their mancave PC, while controller-supported Steam games will be installed on their livingroom HTPC.

Hell, I can imagine myself gaming like that if I had a bigger place and more money, and yeah, I'm "geek" enough to pull it off.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Seems pretty cool, i got no beef with it.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 amaneuvering

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

Oh I'm dead serious.

IgGy621985

I do get your point, but I believe you're bit overreacting. I mean, I tried it and yeah, currently it's pretty clumsy. I used it for a few times and never again. But, then again, it's a choice. So, why bash it so hard calling people names, and bash the whole idea of playing Steam games on a simplified interface using a gamepad?

Some people who have enough time and money will have their mancave gaming PC and a HTPC in their livingroom connected to TV. They will have kb/mouse Steam games installed on their mancave PC, while controller-supported Steam games will be installed on their livingroom HTPC.

Hell, I can imagine myself gaming like that if I had a bigger place and more money, and yeah, I'm "geek" enough to pull it off.

Like I said; I simply came on trying to get some clarification as to how you're supposed to use this/benefit from this on a TV if you're not already using it via your PC anyway and people bashed me like I am some kind of retard.

I simply pointed out the stupidity of their initial reactions by going through exactly why I didn't think this was anything besides a mostly useless gimmick for the vast majority of people.

I didn't start the insults. I just returned the favor in kind.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46226 Posts

calling people nerds on a gaming forum :lol:

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
I'll have to give this a try on my monitor before I possibly build a mini ATX computer that will look good in my living room.
amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 amaneuvering

R4gn4r0k
There's degrees of nerdiness.
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

R4gn4r0k

hmmmm Seems right:P:lol:

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
So, after hearing for years about how getting the console experience was as simple as adding a gamepad and a HDMI cable to your PC, I ask: what did this change, if supposedly there was no problem before? Having said that, there are still at least two big gaps: no certification process, and a lack of consistency in identity management, voice chat, etc.. Closing these two gaps is impossible, as they are contrary to the open nature of the PC platform.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"][QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

You grasp whatever the f'k you want.

I know a pile of pointless gimmicky crap for complete nerds and nothing more when I see it.

This could have actually been something special.

It's not.

You can believe whatever it is you want to imagine to be the truth.

amaneuvering

You would think that when not 1 single person is backing up your argument......it might tell you something, my PC is right across from my big TV which I just have to connect with an HDMI cable, big picture allows me to basically play my PC and enjoy it like a console by navigating it with a 360 controller in the comfort of my relaxing recliner chair, which before was not possible, now on PC not only can you get the best graphics but you can also get that relaxing console like experience that people do find as an advantage, How is this not a good thing????

You really like the throw the word geeks and nerds around, PC gaming isn't just for these "nerds" your talking about, how about the people that just got totally sick of how long this generation has lasted and wanted an upgrade.............I love my console gaming but I was fed up with playing 7 year old dated crap, so this new update for me personally is freaking awesome, as my PC now feels like a seamless console experience instead of being cramped over a mouse and keyboard.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 IgGy621985

I simply pointed out the stupidity of their initial reactions by going through exactly why I didn't think this was anything besides a mostly useless gimmick for the vast majority of people.

amaneuvering

Well, you have two issues with that statement:

1. It's a cool feature for people who actually have HTPCs in their livingroom.

2. It would be a gimmick if it was a paid feature.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

amaneuvering

Semantics. We are all nerds, whether you want to admit it or not.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 amaneuvering

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

R4gn4r0k

Semantics. We are all nerds, whether you want to admit it or not.

Oh I'm a nerd but I'm not a nerd who doesn't know I'm a nerd and I'm not as nerdy as some people in here clearly are.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 R4gn4r0k

Oh I'm a nerd but I'm not a nerd who doesn't know I'm a nerd and I'm not as nerdy as some people in here clearly are.amaneuvering

You are a nerd calling others nerd in a demeaning way. There is no level of nerdiness, you are either a nerd or your not.

You may think there is a level of nerdiness, go ahead. But calling people nerds on a gaming forum is just silly.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

They need to hurry up with Steam gamepad. Playing games with keyboard is turrible.

Mr_BillGates
Steam gamepad = 360 controller. Actually all of PC gamepads = 360 controller.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

I'm liking it so far. They also had a controller-sale, for games that could utilize controllers.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 GamerwillzPS

They need to hurry up with Steam gamepad. Playing games with keyboard is turrible.

Mr_BillGates

Not with First Person games. For the likes of Skyrim, Amnesia, Dead Space (not a FPS but still better with KB/M) and all FPS games, keyboard and mouse is a better control scheme. It all depends on the games.

If you think ALL games are terrible with KB/M, you're a dumb consolite who never tried it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'm liking it so far. They also had a controller-sale, for games that could utilize controllers.

lundy86_4

3Auhq.jpg

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i don't pc game much on my tv, BUT i think this will help quite a few people make a switch/create a account. They made it super easy to switch up the menus on steam to be used with a controller. labeled EVERY game that has built in controller support.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

*lolpic*

wis3boi

Ha, people do some weirdass, funny things :P

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
tried it last night. works really well. i may have to hook my old pc up to my tv for it. for some indie games.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

wis3boi

3Auhq.jpg

lol all that green look like money$$$$$.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
labeled EVERY game that has built in controller support.k2theswiss
Yes, but look how few met the standard for full controller support. There's no central authority that could require it before the game can ship.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"] labeled EVERY game that has built in controller support.lowe0
Yes, but look how few met the standard for full controller support. There's no central authority that could require it before the game can ship.

This is my biggest hurdle. I refuse to fumble around with a keyboard and mouse in my living room. If I were a bachelor, I might consider it, but its not gonna happen. Games need to have either full controller support or no support. Having to use the mouse to navigate game setting or other small features is tedious.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 GamerwillzPS

All games releasing from now should come with controller support, IMO. It's good to give gamers the choice of different control schemes, it would help to expand the PC market and attract potential consolites.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#137 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

It's called the 360 dashboard, windows 8 experience. It's all the rage now. Square ugly boxes all over the screen taking 2-3 times longer to navigate. Alot of web sites are going that stupid direction. The nice thing is, steam doesn't force it on you.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Like I said; I simply came on trying to get some clarification as to how you're supposed to use this/benefit from this on a TV if you're not already using it via your PC anyway and people bashed me like I am some kind of retard.

amaneuvering

You must be right. You're a random dude on the gamespot forums and your opinion of nerdy/geeky features is bound to be more accurate than a whole gaming focused company that have invested a lot of time and money into developing a new UI. I guess Valve just love those 5 people you seem to think do this so much.

Come on man, you aren't that stupid....are you? Or maybe you are if you think it's hard to connect a HDMI cable from your PC to the TV.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GamerwillzPS

It's called the 360 dashboard, windows 8 experience. It's all the rage now. Square ugly boxes all over the screen taking 2-3 times longer to navigate. Alot of web sites are going that stupid direction. The nice thing is, steam doesn't force it on you.

Truth_Hurts_U

It's Valve. A company that never lets you down.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#140 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Bring on the Steambox Gabe. I am ready.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

All games releasing from now should come with controller support, IMO. It's good to give gamers the choice of different control schemes, it would help to expand the PC market and attract potential consolites.

GamerwillzPS

most games where it's appropriate already do come with controller support. eve crysis, a 2008 game, has it built in.

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

GamerwillzPS
Quite a bit already have controller support, at least the multiplats do. A shame it's usually forced to the X360 layout, and not customizable. Just a simple menu where you configure what button does what would be best, like Steam does if you configure your controller for the big picture mode. And at least some non multiplats have open control settups, so even if it isn't made for a controller, it would still be able to play with a controller.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

CaseyWegner

most games where it's appropriate already do come with controller support. eve crysis, a 2008 game, has it built in.

All of the games that have the 'games for windows' logo on the box are supposed to have controller support.

Of course when you buy on steam you don't get a box:P

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

given that Steam is all about the games and community. i really like it.

I like PSN and XBL, but they're both so cluttered with every other multi-media app jammed in.

As for me, i need a devoted controller. All i got right now is a jerry-rigged PS3 controller. it works fine, just hate having to set it all up each time.

clyde46
LOLOLOL! Dude im like you. I use my PS3 controller with MotionJoy. I think tomorrow ill hit the store and buy a legit logitech controller.

Get the 360 pad. I cant recommend it enough.

yeah i want it real bad, but im in St. Lucia and they dont have a lot of gaming hardware. They have used 360 pads on sale but they are the wireless ones and they dont sell the dongle to enable them to be used on PC. :(
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#145 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

BPoole96
Can you start steam into BPM?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#146 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

GamerwillzPS

It's Valve. A company that never lets you down.

Wow wow wow...lets not take it too far there lol. Valve has had its questionable practices...most recently? The whole deal with you losing your games when your banned, and the fact that they pretty much strong armed u into signing a new contract that basically said "u no longer own ur games, u are just renting them from us". That was some pretty shady business practice that is just grimey to the core. But I will admit, taking into account all the gaming companies, Valve does have a better record.
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Loegi

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

R4gn4r0k

All of the games that have the 'games for windows' logo on the box are supposed to have controller support.

Of course when you buy on steam you don't get a box:P

On Steam it should have a bullet for "controller support" on the store page in that case, by the single-player/multi-player stuff. But just looking at a few games that do in fact support controllers, this isn't always the case.
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Loegi
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Animal-Mother
Can you start steam into BPM?

Yes, it's an option under interface.
amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 amaneuvering

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

1080pOnly

You must be right. You're a random dude on the gamespot forums and your opinion of nerdy/geeky features is bound to be more accurate than a whole gaming focused company that have invested a lot of time and money into developing a new UI. I guess Valve just love those 5 people you seem to think do this so much.

Come on man, you aren't that stupid....are you? Or maybe you are if you think it's hard to connect a HDMI cable from your PC to the TV.

See, it's clueless people like you that cause all the trouble.

I'm not on about it being hard to do. I'm on about it being pointless for the VAST VAST majority of people because most people haven't connected their PC to their TV and they quite simply won't. Not even for "Big Picture Mode".

The feature is going to be genuinely appealing to and practical for a tiny minority of people and it doesn't actually add that much of benefit even to those who do bother to connect their PC to their TV anyway.

They've invested a lot of time and money on a feature that very few people are ever going to use and even fewer are going to stick with using after a few mins and they realize they'd be better just using their keyboard and mouse for the most part.

You're just not clued in enough to comprehend that.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] LOLOLOL! Dude im like you. I use my PS3 controller with MotionJoy. I think tomorrow ill hit the store and buy a legit logitech controller.II_Seraphim_II
Get the 360 pad. I cant recommend it enough.

yeah i want it real bad, but im in St. Lucia and they dont have a lot of gaming hardware. They have used 360 pads on sale but they are the wireless ones and they dont sell the dongle to enable them to be used on PC. :(

Use your PS3 controller with MotionJoy. It will emulate a 360 pad and works just as well. You just have to keep it plugged in with the PS3 charger cable unless you buy the bluetooth dongle.