Steam indie packs for holiday sale revealed!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by shutdown_202 (5647 posts) -

I never understood people that say Steam sales hurts their wallet. Saving so much money, its the complete opposite for me. Anyway heres the goods, ill update when new info comes in.

Credits to NeoGaf

TellTale complete pack
Alien Breed pack

Indie Smart pack- (Lumines, Droplitz, Puzzle Agent, Quantz)

2D pack- (Bullet Candy, Geometry Wars, Super Laser Racer, VVVVVV, Galcon Fusion)

Heavy Hitters- (Audio Surf, Shattered Horizon, World of Goo, Zeno Clash)

Fright Pack- (The Path, Zombie Driver, Scourge Project, The Void, Burn Zombie Burn)

Fantasy Pack- (Spectromancer, Fairie Solitaire, Fortix, Bob Came in Pieces, NyxQuest)

Flight Pack
- (Every Day Shooter, Gratuitious Space Battles, Dogfighter, Flotilla, Guns of Icarus)

Adventure Pack- (Gish, And Yet It Moves, Mr Robot, Samarost, Jolly Roger)

Kids Pack- (Toki Tori, Crayon Physics, Secret of Magic Crystal, Max & Magic Marker, Delve Deeper)

Beat Pack- (Rhythm Zone, Beat Hazard, Turba, Chime, Bit Trip Beat)

Future Pack- (Uplink, Twin Sector, Hammerfight, System Protocol, Hacker Evolution)

Brain Pack- (Big Brain Wolf, Windowsill, Zen Bound 2, Diamond Dan, Puzzle Bots)

Mix Pack
- (Darwinia, Defcon, Cogs, Eufloria, Plain Sight)

And the biggie

Indie Potato Pack- Amnesia, Bit Trip, Toki Tori, Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, Darkest Hour, Audio Surf, Wonderful End of the world, Defense Grid, AAAAA, Ball, Cogs, Braid, Super Meat Boy

Ill be getting the Indie potato and heavy hitters pack. Cant wait to finally try Zeno Clash.

#2 Posted by Dark-Ancient (61 posts) -

Indie Potato Pack- Amnesia, Bit Trip, Toki Tori, Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, Darkest Hour, Audio Surf, Wonderful End of the world, Defense Grid, AAAAA, Ball, Cogs, Braid, Super Meat Boy

I want that one :)

#3 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
How much for da potato pacK?
#4 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

which pack have TD games?

#5 Posted by shutdown_202 (5647 posts) -

How much for da potato pacK?locopatho

No info on prices yet but going by past sales, the other packs should be $5 and the potato $10.

#6 Posted by FGMPR (804 posts) -
If true, that will be the greatest $10 some people will ever spend.
#7 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -

I never understood people that say Steam sales hurts their wallet. Saving so much money, its the complete opposite for me.

shutdown_202
It hurts because you're swayed into buying games you''ll most likely not even play for years.
#8 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]How much for da potato pacK?shutdown_202

No info on prices yet but going by past sales, the other packs should be $5 and the potato $10.

I'm having that. And I don't even play my PC ha. Dam sales.
#9 Posted by McStrongfast (4263 posts) -

Oh man, I've lost track of which ones I already own. So many packs of random games have been bought (and then never played).
But I might go potato.

Let's go potato!
I'm streets ahead when it comes to coining phrases.

[QUOTE="shutdown_202"]

I never understood people that say Steam sales hurts their wallet. Saving so much money, its the complete opposite for me.

_Pedro_

It hurts because you're swayed into buying games you''ll most likely not even play for years.

I have 122 games on Steam. I've started 44 of them up. 28 of them for about an hour or less.

Although there might be some issues with accuracy because I know I've played Shatter for quite a bit and it's not showing up. Still, I only ever touch like 40% of the games I buy on Steam. It's just sad.

Oh s***, I own Plain Sight. Who knew.

#10 Posted by Skittles_McGee (9136 posts) -
I own nearly everything in the Potato Pack :| Dammit Steam.
#11 Posted by Wanderer5 (25699 posts) -

Wow Indie Potato Pack is a great deal, too bad I already have most of the games that I would be interested in getting.

#12 Posted by heretrix (37307 posts) -

I never understood people that say Steam sales hurts their wallet.

shutdown_202

Because you'll wind up spending more money than you normally would because there are so many good deals. Last years Christmas sales had people spending 2 to 3 hundred bucks on games.

#13 Posted by BigGimp77 (532 posts) -
I will definatly get the Potato Pack seeing as I was going to get both Amnesia and Meat boy. Question. If you currently own games and you buy a PACK of games that contains a game you own... Do you get a chance to gift the game out? I already own Audio Surf, Braid, and Defense grid.
#14 Posted by MIYAMOTOnext007 (3061 posts) -

[QUOTE="shutdown_202"]

heretrix

Because you'll wind up spending more money than you normally would because there are so many good deals. Last years Christmas sales had people spending 2 to 3 hundred bucks on games.

yeh its not about the games costing alot, its about the deals being so good that you feel the need to buy games you weren't planning on buying.

an example is Red Faction Guerilla, I had decided to pass on the game but when it came onto a steam salefor $5 then my brain told me I needed the game. :lol: $5 is cheap, but when there are 15 different games that you weren't gonna buy but are now $5 or $10 you will bite on them...and that hurts your wallet once you realize how many games you just bought :lol:

#15 Posted by Brownesque (5660 posts) -
Buy the Indie Potato Pack... However, keep in mind that Darkest Hour and Defense Grid are free mods you can get by purchasing Red Orchestra and Killing Floor. But having just completed Amnesia and as someone who owns and has played Darkest Hour, Killing Floor, and Red Orchestra, I can say by far that is the strongest package in the mix. All of those games are excellent and worth the price of admission (whatever it is) on their own.
#16 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

I went down the list and I conveniently only want one game from each pack. Which probably leads to me not buying any of them.

Oh, and none of them besides Bit.Trip are in the Potato Pack. I only want that and SMB from there.

#17 Posted by shutdown_202 (5647 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="shutdown_202"]

MIYAMOTOnext007

yeh its not about the games costing alot, its about the deals being so good that you feel the need to buy games you weren't planning on buying.

an example is Red Faction Guerilla, I had decided to pass on the game but when it came onto a steam salefor $5 then my brain told me I needed the game. :lol: $5 is cheap, but when there are 15 different games that you weren't gonna buy but are now $5 or $10 you will bite on them...and that hurts your wallet once you realize how many games you just bought :lol:

damn...... I never thought it was that bad.

This is my 1st time participating in the Christmas Sales so ill see how it goes.

Im hoping they have Oblivion on sale at some point.

#18 Posted by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -
I own nearly everything in the Potato Pack :| Dammit Steam.Skittles_McGee
I don't luckily :P what do you think the price for that will be though? $20? OR will steam be super generous and make it $10?
#19 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
Actually if the Potato is $10, it would be a good deal for Super Meat Boy alone. I'll consider it.
#20 Posted by Brownesque (5660 posts) -
Actually if the Potato is $10, it would be a good deal for Super Meat Boy alone. I'll consider it.Cherokee_Jack
I think you might want to consider sterilization if you look at that package for Super Meat Boy Alone.
#21 Posted by Wanderer5 (25699 posts) -

Actually if the Potato is $10, it would be a good deal for Super Meat Boy alone. I'll consider it.Cherokee_Jack

Or maybe Super Meat Boy itself could be a deal.

#22 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Actually if the Potato is $10, it would be a good deal for Super Meat Boy alone. I'll consider it.Wanderer5

Or maybe Super Meat Boy itself could be a deal.

Perhaps, but I'd be taking a risk on it not showing up again if I don't buy the Potato.
#23 Posted by Valiant_Rebel (4197 posts) -

I wish there was a way to gift certain games to people from bundles like these. I'm not sure if there is one, I just haven't seen it other than the gifting service. I would hate for some of the licenses to go to waste if I buy Potato.

#24 Posted by Dante2710 (63137 posts) -
Oh, looks like ill be buying the potato pack :D Even i its $20, thats still very good deal.
#25 Posted by Wanderer5 (25699 posts) -

I wish there was a way to gift certain games to people from bundles like these. I'm not sure if there is one, I just haven't seen it other than the gifting service. I would hate for some of the licenses to go to waste if I buy Potato.

Valiant_Rebel

You can't gift certain games from a pack?

#26 Posted by SilverChimera (9256 posts) -
Indie Potato pack looks awesome! :D
#27 Posted by Valiant_Rebel (4197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

Wanderer5

You can't gift certain games from a pack?

Like I said, I'm not sure. I know you can gift full games to someone since I've done that before, but I do not know if I can split a bundle between myself and other people.

Whenever you buy a game on Steam, the options are either buy for yourself or buy for others. The last time I bought a bundle, there was a game in there that I already owned, and when I went to checkout, it said I would not receive a second copy/license of the game. It didn't mention anything about giving it away to someone on my friend's list.

I'll see if I can gift certain games when these deals come around. If I can split games from a bundle, I'll see if my friends want any games and then probably (not certain) come here to see if anybody wants anything.

#28 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

That is the pack I plan on getting because the only game in that pack I have is Audio Surf.

#29 Posted by Rougehunter (5873 posts) -

Might get the potato pack. Anyone know when the they are starting the sale? The hype is killing me:cry:

#30 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Might get the potato pack. Anyone know when the they are starting the sale? The hype is killing me:cry:

Rougehunter

I'm guessing Next Monday because their Summer Sale ended the day after the Fourth of July so this sale might end the day after Christmas.

Edit* I'm not 100% sure.

#31 Posted by Raymundo_Manuel (4641 posts) -

I have lots of games from each of those packs, so none of them are really amazing for me :x

#32 Posted by CoolSkAGuy (9665 posts) -

I have lots of games from each of those packs, so none of them are really amazing for me :x

Raymundo_Manuel
I know don't you hate steam for always trolling us!!! :evil:
#33 Posted by lawlessx (46537 posts) -
Indie Potato Pack would make a great gift.
#34 Posted by Luxen90 (7427 posts) -
I want The Void and Shattered Horizon.