Steam Autumn Sale Thread!! Day Five.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by kitty (114978 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'll try and not buy anything, save it for christmas. i'll probably fail >.>

of course you will :P
#52 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2877 posts) -

Looking to get Arkham City GOTY,Assault on Dark Athena,and maybe Medieval Warfare. Going to hold myself to that.

#53 Posted by lostrib (41969 posts) -

But i was saving all my money for the christmas sale!

#54 Posted by Farsendor1 (431 posts) -

im saving all my moneys for a new cpu this amd cpu just isn't cutting it

#55 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
I hope Torchlight 2 will be on sale.MonsieurX
i can pretty much guarantee it will be. and i can pretty much guarantee i'll buy it.
#56 Posted by soulitane (13867 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]I hope Torchlight 2 will be on sale.jeffster85
i can pretty much guarantee it will be. and i can pretty much guarantee i'll buy it.

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/11/16/happy-thanksgiving/ That says it will go on sale, assuming the sale they are talking about is the same as this one. :P
#57 Posted by Sushiglutton (5480 posts) -
I'm not finished with my Haloween purchases :). Any chance a new game like Assassin's Creed 3 will be on sale? I mean I don't want to buy it, just to see it on sale a couple of days later. Anyone with Steam experience knows how they usually handle situations like this?
#58 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

I'm not finished with my Haloween purchases :). Any chance a new game like Assassin's Creed 3 will be on sale? I mean I don't want to buy it, just to see it on sale a couple of days later. Anyone with Steam experience knows how they usually handle situations like this?Sushiglutton

The soonest it happens is a few weeks later, and I presume that happens when the game didn't sell well at regular price.

It's not likely games like Hitman or AC will be on sale.

#59 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6284 posts) -
I bought all the Total War games last year and haven't even played but 30 minutes of 1 game...LOL
#60 Posted by Sushiglutton (5480 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]I'm not finished with my Haloween purchases :). Any chance a new game like Assassin's Creed 3 will be on sale? I mean I don't want to buy it, just to see it on sale a couple of days later. Anyone with Steam experience knows how they usually handle situations like this?R4gn4r0k

The soonest it happens is a few weeks later, and I presume that happens when the game didn't sell well at regular price.

It's not likely games like Hitman or AC will be on sale.

Ok thanks! I'll get it at full price with no remorse then.
#61 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
MUST......RESIST........SALE.........RUNS.....AND.....HIDES....IN.......CORNER!!!!
#62 Posted by heretrix (37515 posts) -

Nice. Just in time for my new PC build.

#63 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6701 posts) -

Autumn sale in the end of november? lol, Steam don't even know about seasons.. :lol:

Its winter sales.

#64 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

heretrix

I did that with the summer sale. Bought a new PC, and bought a lot of games that could get the most out of the new hardware during the sale.

#65 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1926 posts) -
Not buying a single thing...
#66 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6701 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

R4gn4r0k

I did that with the summer sale. Bought a new PC, and bought a lot of games that could get the most out of the new hardware during the sale.

you don't need a new PC for Steam sales lol. Most of the games that are cheap can be run on mid range 2007 PCs..
#67 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

you don't need a new PC for Steam sales lol. Most of the games that are cheap can be run on mid range 2007 PCs..Mozelleple112

I mean I waited to buy games like Witcher 2 and Shogun 2 because, eventhough I could run them, I knew I was getting a new PC at some point. So it was better for me to wait and experience them in full glory:)

#68 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

Autumn sale in the end of november? lol, Steam don't even know about seasons.. :lol:

Its winter sales.

Mozelleple112
Are you sure you know about the seasons yourself? Do you know what season we´re still on and will be for another month?
#69 Posted by soulitane (13867 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Its winter sales.

Nanomage
Are you sure you know about the seasons yourself? Do you know what season we´re still on and will be for another month?

Yup, Spring =D
#70 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

naaaooooooooo someone save me!!!!!

[spoiler] theme for steam autumn sale 2012 is confirmed [/spoiler]

#71 Posted by heretrix (37515 posts) -

Its winter sales.

Mozelleple112

Winter isn't until December.:|

Autumn = Fall.

#72 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Its winter sales.

soulitane

Yup, Spring =D

>.>
#73 Posted by heretrix (37515 posts) -

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Mozelleple112

you don't need a new PC for Steam sales lol. Most of the games that are cheap can be run on mid range 2007 PCs..

The PC I have now is perfectly capable of playing anything on Steam right now. My new rig will play them much, much better.;)

#74 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6743 posts) -
It's always the same games, for the same prices. I haven't bought anything for the past couple big sales they have had.
#75 Posted by PublicNuisance (4582 posts) -

My body is ready for Gabe's sales. Luckily I work 64 hours next week so I will have some good money coming in to replenish the bank account after Gabe is done with it.

#76 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6284 posts) -
I'm really gonna be eyeballin Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition, it's $30 now, would be a steal for less than that.
#77 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Oh man... It's going to be hard to avoid it with my backlog like this. Gotta control myself.

#78 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -
Hmmmmm.... will AC3 be on sale considering it was just released today for PC?
#79 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28494 posts) -

Its winter sales.

Mozelleple112
Still 60F here :P We've had a foot of snow before at this time of year here (in mid west). I'm from Europe originally and think winter/autumn times are viewed differently there to to the US.
#80 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

All I want is The Witcher 2 but I will probably end up buying more then I need.

#81 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
This time I'll control myself. I swear it.
#82 Posted by Comduter (2245 posts) -

If Hotline Miami goes on sale, I'll definately buy it.

#83 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6506 posts) -
i hope i don't end up getting more games lol.
#84 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

video-game-memes-at-least-im-not-piratin

My wallet will die!

ultimate-k

*Cough*

That never happens...

#85 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

I won't be buying anything.

#86 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
This time I have a definite shopping list. Max Payne 3, Mark of the Ninja, Spec Ops, and I'm out.
#87 Posted by parkurtommo (27651 posts) -

Wallet rape :(

#88 Posted by parkurtommo (27651 posts) -

If Hotline Miami goes on sale, I'll definately buy it.

Comduter
Same here.
#89 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -
I'm so tired of buying cheap garbage games. Dead Island was the last straw. I'm only going to get Dishonored and Borderlands 2 if the prices are right.
#90 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -

This time I have a definite shopping list. Max Payne 3, Mark of the Ninja, Spec Ops, and I'm out.Cherokee_Jack

GMG had Spec Ops for $6 yesterday

#91 Posted by el3m2tigre (4232 posts) -

I'm so tired of buying cheap garbage games. Dead Island was the last straw. I'm only going to get Dishonored and Borderlands 2 if the prices are right.Grawse

Well dang, i bought it for $25 and i thought it was worth it. :p

#92 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
ugh and im going to be broke for awhile too -__- well, looks like i wont be opening steam till the sales over..that way i wont cry when i see something i want for cheap.
#93 Posted by padaporra (3437 posts) -

My credit card is ready.

#94 Posted by Shewgenja (10700 posts) -

I think I'll scoop up Oblivion. I loved Skyrim so much!

#95 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]This time I have a definite shopping list. Max Payne 3, Mark of the Ninja, Spec Ops, and I'm out.BPoole96

GMG had Spec Ops for $6 yesterday

With the headache I had making their site process my last transaction, I'm not eager to go back to GMG. Sometimes I remember the darkness of their tech support process, bringing back these memories I wish I didn't have.

I'm sure Steam will get close enough to that price.

#96 Posted by ArisShadows (22665 posts) -
FFFFFFFFFFF...PannicAtack
This is how I feel.. Especially after purchasing a new system, and also general Black Friday selling..
#97 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
TOO many games, never enough time :/
#98 Posted by glez13 (9012 posts) -

Not gonna buy anything anymore. No purpose in buying stuff, even if cheap, when you don't need it.

#99 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]"Buy game during sale. Never played it." :lol: Ain't that the truth in my case.blue_hazy_basic
mine too :)

so glad I'm not alone in this.... I think half the games I have on Steam have gone unplayed.

#100 Posted by enterawesome (9477 posts) -
Hopefully $50 should land me XCOM and something else. Shogun 2 mayhaps?