State Of Decay heading to XBoxOne (in 1080p)

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

So a Remaster is better resolution, framerate, textures, shadows, and effects. (Like TLOU R, Halo 3,4)

A Remake is improving everything from the character models to the world detail, while keeping the game story and level structure identicle. (Halo 2)

A Reimagining is a total remake as if it was a different game with the plot only the same and completely different gameplay and level layout. (Ratchet & Clank PS4)

The last one can easily just be slotted as a remake. MGS: The Twin Snakes was similar.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yeah I know. Just saying that it's a bit different to Halo 2 since it's a total different game to the original R&C. Where as Halo 2 Anniversary uses the original game template exactly and just adds better assets, level detail, models, lighting etc. Thats why they are offering the option to switch back to the original graphics with the press of a button. Where as R&C Remake can't do the same since it will be built from scratch with new gameplay, AI, physics, and all that stuff. See where I'm coming from?

Yeah, I got what you're saying. Exact copy versus using new technologies to enhance gameplay. In that respect, I don't think REmake will ever be topped.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Not surprising, just picked up the game on PC and it feels like an Xbox port from the get-go...

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GrenadeLauncher

@scottpsfan14 said:

Erm.. we'll see. REmake looks a lot like the original template to me. Same camera placements but with better models and shi. Looks great tho. But I reckon R&C will look better. Just my assumtion. Probly getting both day one.

The 2002 remake introduced new weapons, new enemies, new areas, new puzzles, entirely redesigned chunks of game, new music, new sound effects and new voice acting. Of course the 2015 version is a lazy port but one I'm still probably getting anyway. I love REmake.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

DON'T BUY THIS GAME. It's just a cash grab, but to each his own, I guess.