State Of Decay heading to XBoxOne (in 1080p)

#51 Posted by magicalclick (23706 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher:

State of Decay was only an Arcade game.

#52 Posted by Nike_Air (18422 posts) -

From TVBox , to KinectBox , to IndieBox , to HolidayExclusiveBox , to PortBox ...... what a shame. No thanks Phil Spencer.

#53 Posted by RR360DD (13017 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

From TVBox , to KinectBox , to IndieBox , to HolidayExclusiveBox , to PortBox ...... what a shame. No thanks Phil Spencer.

Still beats the nogamestation

#54 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Link

I am starting to think Sony and MS didn't add backwards compatibility to the PS4 and XB1 so studios could milk us for new versions of games we already have...

Possibly.

Companies making decisions in hopes of increasing revenue is fairly unprecedented.

#55 Posted by cainetao11 (19109 posts) -

I own it on steam. I'm not a big fan of the remasters/reissues. I have bought a few but I am tired of it. Saw it coming when BC went bye bye on ps3, and they have all jumped on it.

#56 Posted by kuu2 (7880 posts) -

Meh.......I will wait till its free.

#57 Posted by mbrockway (3539 posts) -

State of Decay was a great XB Live game, so it is equivalent to a Flower or Journey remake, not LoU. It was engrossing as heck, came right in time for the Walking Dead rush, and it was totally worth $19 on Steam. I'd like more people to get the chance to play it, and see the studio get the funding to make a REAL open world survival game in the same vein.

That said, LOL XBONERS GETTING THE REMAKE SHAFT AGAIN.

#58 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I completely missed out on this game when it was on the 360, so I'm pumped! My Xbox One has been collecting way too much dust as of lately

#59 Posted by MlauTheDaft (4403 posts) -

@lostrib said:

For those that don't want to wait, I believe its 5 dollars right now on steam

4,74€ right now on Steam, so yeah.

#60 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3327 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@RR360DD said:

Loved state of decay. May just double dip as i never got a chance to play the DLC

The dlc sucks. Played for 10 minutes and realized it was just the same game but devoid of personality.

I might double dip too if the price is right. Even if the DLC sucks I would like to try out the main game again because I missed out on quite a bit the first time around. A lot of my team died because at first I was just learning the game, and it turns out time continues for this game even when your machine is off and you are not playing....I remember not playing it for a month and when I Came back half my team were sick or missing if I remember correctly.

Another thing that they could do is add online co-op, but somehow I don't think that would happen. Awesome game but I might not care about it when it releases next year, a lot of high profile games coming out in between now and then, not to mention Evolve.....we shall see.

#61 Posted by tormentos (19969 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

I would also like to point out that this brings the number of remasters on the Xbone to four to the PS4's one. Very poetic.

What about Journey, Flower and Beyond: Two Souls?

Horrible sh** same as Halo collection re makes and ports should die already.

#62 Posted by commander (8624 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Link

I am starting to think Sony and MS didn't add backwards compatibility to the PS4 and XB1 so studios could milk us for new versions of games we already have...

who cares, 3 dollars on steam right now lol

on 1080p lol

#63 Posted by freedomfreak (42887 posts) -
@tormentos said:

Horrible sh** same as Halo collection re makes and ports should die already.

At least the Halo collection put all the Master Chief game together remastered. Good going.

And yeah, too much.

#64 Posted by blackace (21319 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

Where are you getting 4? H:MCC is the only remastered game coming to XB1. Where are the other 3?

Serious damage control up in here. Apparently Halo CE, 3 and 4 aren't individual games now according to Blackace.

I never said the games were on the PS4.

And I did. Learn to address the argument instead of going off on wild tangents you're still wrong about. That's why I also didn't mention Fable Anniversary. The DMC Collection was on 360 too.

Is this the start of another legendary Blackace meltdown?

They aren't being released as seperate games numb-nuts. It's on one disc. If that's the case TLOU remastered would be 2 games. LOL!! God of War Saga would be like 5 games. Dude stop owning yourself. It's an embarrassment. It's 1 game on XB1 and 3 games on PS4.

Your argument was that Microsoft was making more remastered games then Sony and I proved that Sony made a helluva lot more remastered games before Microsoft. So I proved your point wrong. You're just butthurt cause you got owned again.. and again... and again.

You've been having meltdowns all throughout this thread. With each post you make, you're digging your grave deeper and deeper. My bad on DMC Collection. I didn't realize it was released on 360 as well.

Willy Wonka you get nothing

#65 Posted by blackace (21319 posts) -
@Nike_Air said:

From TVBox , to KinectBox , to IndieBox , to HolidayExclusiveBox , to PortBox ...... what a shame. No thanks Phil Spencer.

More like ALL-IN-ONE BOX. IndieBox is the PS4. Phil doesn't need your 'Thanks'. He's making his millions and is well respected.

#66 Posted by nutcrackr (12829 posts) -

lol xbone is taking ideas from sony

#67 Posted by getyeryayasout (8332 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@gago-gago said:

I received a free code for the 360 and SoD was addicting as hell. Did they add co-op in one of the DLC? I may get this depending on the price.

No coop. Yeah, it's a shame. Would've been awesome.

Every bit of this ^^. It would be such a cool co-op game. They're really missing a trick if they're omitting co-op from the X1 version. I can understand why it wasn't in the 360 version, at least at launch, since it was a smaller team working on such an ambitious game, but if SoD is being retooled for the X1 they should add it in.

#68 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (2556 posts) -

State of Decay coming to X1 in 1080p?

Ok. I guess thats.....nice.

Anyway....

#69 Posted by lostrib (41944 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

State of Decay coming to X1 in 1080p?

Ok. I guess thats.....nice.

Anyway....

Anyway what?

The thread is about State of Decay coming to X1

#70 Posted by Daious (1988 posts) -

Ugh, when are next-gen consoles finally going to get some games that aren't just ports.

#71 Posted by remiks00 (2439 posts) -

@daious said:

Ugh, when are next-gen consoles finally going to get some games that aren't just ports.

You haven't heard? Greatness Awaits.

#72 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (2556 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

State of Decay coming to X1 in 1080p?

Ok. I guess thats.....nice.

Anyway....

Anyway what?

The thread is about State of Decay coming to X1

Oh you're such the vigilante.

Do you where tights that say "forum savior" on it and a cape while sitting in your computer chair?

#73 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Still beats the nogamestation

Funnily enough, the Xbone also has no games, RROD360.

@blackace said:

They aren't being released as seperate games numb-nuts. It's on one disc. If that's the case TLOU remastered would be 2 games. LOL!! God of War Saga would be like 5 games. Dude stop owning yourself. It's an embarrassment. It's 1 game on XB1 and 3 games on PS4.

Your argument was that Microsoft was making more remastered games then Sony and I proved that Sony made a helluva lot more remastered games before Microsoft. So I proved your point wrong. You're just butthurt cause you got owned again.. and again... and again.

You've been having meltdowns all throughout this thread. With each post you make, you're digging your grave deeper and deeper. My bad on DMC Collection. I didn't realize it was released on 360 as well.

Blackace ordains! If it's on one disc, it's all one game. Metro Redux is just one game! Not two. And all this time people were telling me Burger King Collection was "packed with value." It's just one game!

My argument was that the Xbone had more significant hyped ports than the PS4 does. It's true, 4 to 1. I know maths is hard, Blackace, but you've just got to think a bit.

Time to run back to the news articles so you can do more damage control. :)

@blackace said:

and is well respected.

Ahaahhahaha. Blackace's ruination intensifies.

#74 Posted by lostrib (41944 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog: just the cape

#75 Edited by gago-gago (9854 posts) -

Lots of salty jealous Sony fans here. Don't worry even though it won't match SoD at least you'll be getting two zombie games, H1Z1 and DayZ whenever that is. Anyway, I think they're adding online for this version. If true it'll be an insta-buy for me.

#76 Posted by RR360DD (13017 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

My argument was that the Xbone had more significant hyped ports than the PS4 does. It's true, 4 to 1. I know maths is hard, Blackace, but you've just got to think a bit.


I think TLOU was hyped just as much, considering its the biggest game the PS4 is getting this year LOL I mean what else is there? Delayclub?lmao

Meanwhile MC Collection is a big game but at least there are others to look forward too like Sunset Overdrive.

#77 Posted by speedfog (3337 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog: just the cape

Lol

OT: wasn't a fan of State of Decay, try but I just couldn't play it for longer then one hour. So won't be buying this one.

#78 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

I think TLOU was hyped just as much, considering its the biggest game the PS4 is getting this year LOL I mean what else is there? Delayclub?lmao

Meanwhile MC Collection is a big game but at least there are others to look forward too like Sunset Overdrive.

Yes, that's a game I was referring to as a "hyped" port. Reading comprehension much? Then there's the face Drive Club slaps about your FH1.5 but that's another discussion.

People are looking forward to Sunset Overdrive? Hype for that has completely died off since E3. Heard nothing about it since.

#79 Posted by silversix_ (15805 posts) -

Good to know that X1 can handle ''''''some'''''' last gen titles in 1080p.

#80 Posted by StormyJoe (6460 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@StormyJoe said:

Link

I am starting to think Sony and MS didn't add backwards compatibility to the PS4 and XB1 so studios could milk us for new versions of games we already have...

who cares, 3 dollars on steam right now lol

on 1080p lol

But, then I'd have to play games on a PC. Ugh - I'd rather not play games...

#81 Posted by illmatic87 (15461 posts) -

Hoping for a sequel

This game needs to redeem itself. There's plenty of cool ideas that's squandered by an equal amount of annoyances.

#82 Posted by bezza2011 (2712 posts) -

Loved state of decay on PC, but felt it got very repetitive and I think they paved the way for maybe a bigger developer to create the same style game but on a bigger and more detailed version.

#83 Edited by Karpetburnz (532 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: I thought Sunset Overdrive looked very good when i saw the first gameplay, but after E3 I have lost a bit of interest, it doesnt seem to look as good as when i first saw it, It seems a little repetitive, youre right about that.

#84 Posted by Karpetburnz (532 posts) -

@blackace: Dude, why are you counting HD collections from last gen? He was talking about PS4 and Xbone. of course PS3 had more ports last gen because Sony had a lot more exclusive franchises from PS2 to port over. the reason the Xbox 360 diddnt have much HD collections last gen was because Microsoft had stuff all exclusives to port, now that Microsoft has somewhat built a few more first party exclusives, they actually have some games to port over to the Xbone.

#85 Edited by inb4uall (6310 posts) -

ITT: cows and lems arguing. I don't see why they need to though. The answer is quite obvious. $ony and M$ are fucking both cows and lems. Neither the Ps4 or xbone are worth shit right now.

#86 Posted by NoahProa (70 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@parkurtommo said:

OH SHIT, 1080P

This is something WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

NOT EVEN PC USERS HAVE SEEN THIS.

I'm sorry what? 1080p was an option on PC?

no, no that's impossible.

I included the 1080p part as a rub to cows who say that XB1 can't do 1080p.

GUYS WE CAN RUN TETRIS AT 1080p 60 FPS !!!!!!!

LMFAO

#87 Posted by clone01 (25205 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

I would also like to point out that this brings the number of remasters on the Xbone to four to the PS4's one. Very poetic.

What about Journey, Flower and Beyond: Two Souls?

And R/C.

And Abe's Odyssee.

#88 Edited by sibu_xgamer (340 posts) -

What a coincidence since the xbone is in a constant state of decay.

#89 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@clone01 said:

And Abe's Odyssee.

Full blown remake like Halo 2

@sibu_xgamer said:

What a coincidence since the xbone is in a constant state of decay.

I'm stealing that one.

#90 Posted by thedude- (2312 posts) -

Exactly, just rerelease them for full or nearly full price.

Next round of consoles need to have better backward compatibility.

#91 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@sibu_xgamer said:

What a coincidence since the xbone is in a constant state of decay.

comment of the day

inb4 @blackace starts ranting again

#92 Posted by clone01 (25205 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@clone01 said:

And Abe's Odyssee.

Full blown remake like Halo 2

@sibu_xgamer said:

What a coincidence since the xbone is in a constant state of decay.

I'm stealing that one.

Why change the criteria suddenly to suit your agenda?

#93 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@Karpetburnz said:

@blackace: Dude, why are you counting HD collections from last gen? He was talking about PS4 and Xbone. of course PS3 had more ports last gen because Sony had a lot more exclusive franchises from PS2 to port over. the reason the Xbox 360 diddnt have much HD collections last gen was because Microsoft had stuff all exclusives to port, now that Microsoft has somewhat built a few more first party exclusives, they actually have some games to port over to the Xbone.

Wow, someone here managed to understand it. Thank you.

#94 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@clone01 said:

Why change the criteria suddenly to suit your agenda?

I didn't "change the criteria suddenly." Halo 2 was never on my list of ports I initially presented.

#95 Edited by StormyJoe (6460 posts) -

@sibu_xgamer said:

What a coincidence since the xbone is in a constant state of decay.

Moo moo mooooooooo.

#96 Edited by clone01 (25205 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@clone01 said:

Why change the criteria suddenly to suit your agenda?

I didn't "change the criteria suddenly." Halo 2 was never on my list of ports I initially presented.

You said: "I would also like to point out that this brings the number of remasters on the Xbone to four to the PS4's one. Very poetic."

A few posters, including myself, pointed out other remakes on the PS4. Your rebuttal was "full blown remakes like Halo 2." So, is it some arbitrary criteria about what constitutes as a proper remake or not? If that's the case, you probably should have presented that in your original statement. Look, we get it: you don't like the XBox One. Put don't move the goalposts to suit some fanboy agenda.

#97 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@clone01 said:

You said: "I would also like to point out that this brings the number of remasters on the Xbone to four to the PS4's one. Very poetic."

A few posters, including myself, pointed out other remakes on the PS4. Your rebuttal was "full blown remakes like Halo 2." So, is it some arbitrary criteria about what constitutes as a proper remake or not? If that's the case, you probably should have presented that in your original statement. Look, we get it: you don't like the XBox One. Put don't move the goalposts to suit some fanboy agenda.

A remaster is not a remake. Simple English language. Don't get upset over it.

#98 Posted by clone01 (25205 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@clone01 said:

You said: "I would also like to point out that this brings the number of remasters on the Xbone to four to the PS4's one. Very poetic."

A few posters, including myself, pointed out other remakes on the PS4. Your rebuttal was "full blown remakes like Halo 2." So, is it some arbitrary criteria about what constitutes as a proper remake or not? If that's the case, you probably should have presented that in your original statement. Look, we get it: you don't like the XBox One. Put don't move the goalposts to suit some fanboy agenda.

A remaster is not a remake. Simple English language. Don't get upset over it.

I'm not. But please explain the difference. I'm all ears.

#99 Edited by tymeservesfate (2227 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

From TVBox , to KinectBox , to IndieBox , to HolidayExclusiveBox , to PortBox ...... what a shame. No thanks Phil Spencer.

with all that it sounds like a great console to have...a little of everything, including games. not sure how ur trying to make all those options a bad thing. way better than the slew of indies and nothing the ps4 offers lol.

#100 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@clone01 said:

I'm not. But please explain the difference. I'm all ears.

I seriously have to explain this?

Remaster: ported to a new console, increase in resolution and framerate, maybe stronger lighting and shadowing, maybe better audio, textures and assets the same. Halo 3, REmake in 2015, TLOU.

Remake: all assets brand new from top to bottom. Oddworld, REmake in 2002, Halo 2.