Starcraft 2 won't be as good as the original IMO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts
From what I've seen in screenshots and read about it this game looks very similar to most standard RTS games released for the past 4 or 5 years. So is this game simply hyped so much because the first one was good or is there real substance behind it possibly being the best RTS of this decade? I don't see many differences between this RTS and others besides thematic ones. So why will it be great and why will it stand above other RTS's besides it reputation.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Actually StarCraft pretty much crafted the standard for the last 4 or 5 years.....

SC2 wont be revolutionary, but that doesent mean its not going to be one of the best games this year.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
To be honest, I never really liked Starcraft. The clickfest oriented gameplay wasn't my sty1e. I've always been more of a Total Annihilation guy when it comes to RTSs...
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts

Not a huge SC fan myself, and I wasn't really looking forward to this much. But then I saw that zerg rush trailer and the combat looked pretty epic.

Also sequels rarely revolutionize a genre, hell, games generally speaking barely ever revolutionize their genres! And I doubt it's even expected in Starcraft's case since the game still has a massive following and I'm sure they don't wanna scare them away by messing with the formula.

I guess in a sense it's the Halo of RTS, it doesn't need to invent the wheel again, just polish what it has and add some features, and the fans will flock to it.

Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
I don't think Blizzard wanted to reinvent StarCraft, they wanted to enhance it's fast paced gameplay and add new units/buildings to keep it feeling fresh gameplay-wise. StarCraft was a stab in the dark, now that Blizzard know exactly what their audience wants, it should be a lot better. You can't really see the magnificence of SC with screenshots, since it's the fast paced and fantastically balanced gameplay that shines.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

To be honest, I never really liked Starcraft. The clickfest oriented gameplay wasn't my sty1e.thepwninator

Yeah, I had the same problem with Diablo...and maybe even Warcraft 3 (although I've barely played that one - it just didn't appeal to me at all.

In any case, I doubt that Starcraft 2 can live up to the impossibly high expectations of its fans.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts
Why do people look to sequels to revolutionize something? Seriously.