Star Wars: 1313 vs. Cyberpunk 2077

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nervmeister (15272 posts) -

Which game taking place in a gritty and corrupt sci-fi city setting do you think will be better?

#2 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16439 posts) -

Why does Cyberpunk 2077 remind me so much of Hard Reset?

C2077

Cyberpunk-2077-screenshot-ahitagni-dot-c

#3 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7493 posts) -
There is pretty much no info on both games so not way to say.
#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
well...star wars managed to be sh!t for an ENTIRE generation... so i think cyberpunk will probably be better.. LucasArts...dun goof'd
#5 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
space uncharted, being space uncharted, loses by default.
#6 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
Linear and scripted cinematic experience from the guys who brought us the super underwhelming Force Unleased series or an open world sci-fi RPG from the men and women that brought us the incredible Witcher series. Hmm. Hard decision, I know.
#7 Posted by ferret-gamer (17328 posts) -

C2077

jun_aka_pekto

Pretty sure that is a community pic in Cryengine 2 and not related to Cyberpunk 2077

#8 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

C2077

ferret-gamer

Pretty sure that is a community pic in Cryengine 2 and not related to Cyberpunk 2077

I'm gonna go ahead and eliminate the "pretty sure" part and confirm that that picture is from the CryEngine 2 community.
#9 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Not even interested in it, but CP2077. 1313 looks dull as f*ck.

#10 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -

CDPR makes a beautiful game, but will it play well? Their previous games have improved in the gameplay department, but I still didn't enjoy the act of playing Witcher2 at all.

1313 looks to, at very least, have acceptable mechanics; though everything SW has been varying degrees of mediocre for quite a long time.

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

C2077

ferret-gamer

I'm pretty sure of that as well.

#11 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Star Wars 1313's gameplay so far looks unremarkable. All we've seen from Cyberpunk is a boring CGI trailer. I still think the Cyberpunk will be good though

#12 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16439 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

C2077

ferret-gamer

Ah, okay. I looked at crydev.net. Apparently, the site I linked the image from thought it was an image from C2077.  

Edit:

I'll be keeping an eye on Cyberpunk 2077 though. I haven't gotten my fill of cyberpunk games yet.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

How the hell am I supposed to answer a question about two games I've barely seen. One of which hasn't had game footage yet :|

#14 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

How the hell am I supposed to answer a question about two games I've barely seen. One of which hasn't had game footage yet :|

seanmcloughlin
simple: one of them is made by lucasarts. modern lucasarts.
#15 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be better. No doubt in my mind. 

#16 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
2077 easily.
#17 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

1313 is going to be another "The Force Unleashed".  I remember when that game was first announced it had amazing graphics and physics (just like 1313) and the game ended up being average at best.  

#18 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be better. No doubt in my mind. 

Vari3ty
I think so too, but I'm keeping my eye on both games.
#19 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

They will be multiplats so I don't have to choose

#20 Posted by mems_1224 (47296 posts) -
no idea. why compare 2 games we barely know anything about?
#21 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

Both look interesting

#22 Posted by Jankarcop (9640 posts) -

whiskeystrike

unplayable on consoles

#23 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Jankarcop

unplayable on consoles

Correcto
#25 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

We haven't seen much of Cyberpunk 2077, but I like the vibe I'm getting from the trailer.

#26 Posted by kipsta77 (1016 posts) -

I'm really liking what i've seen on StarWars1313. BUT, CD Project Red are GREAT developers. Equally as excited!

OT: PC is the lead platform for Cyberpunk 2077...right? I mean it's CDproject red!

#27 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Star Wars uncharted, in a universe where 'gritty' was never part of the operatic tone to begin with, or you know, Cyberpunk - Necromancer meets pen and paper roleplaying turned sandbox RPG. Complete opposite games, but to me Cyberpunk looks infinitely more interesting.
#28 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
We know little information about both. But one is made by CD Project, that one is pretty much guaranteed to be better.
#29 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Irrelevant comparison, Cyberpunk would probably release in 2014-15 as a PC Exclusive cuz obviously next gen consoles would be too weak to handle the CD Projekt Red's awesomeness, 1313 is my one of the most anticipated games, I really love the shooting mechanics and the WHOLE 1313 feel to it, I really hope the game reveals 1313 very differently from other games.

#30 Posted by milannoir (1559 posts) -

Linear and scripted cinematic experience from the guys who brought us the super underwhelming Force Unleased series or an open world sci-fi RPG from the men and women that brought us the incredible Witcher series. Hmm. Hard decision, I know. AAllxxjjnn

My thoughts exactly. I'll stop blindly trusting CD Projekt Red when they stop releasing awesome games.

#31 Posted by airshocker (29934 posts) -

Why would I choose? They both look awesome.

#32 Posted by PAL360 (26943 posts) -

I'm a star Wars fan, but prefer RPGs over linear shooters. Cyberpunk 2077, for me.

#33 Posted by t1striker (1549 posts) -

Um why are we comparing an action game against and rpg?

How about we compare ni no kuni to call of duty. Makes sense right.

I bet that Cyberpunk 2077 will be a much higher quality game though.

#34 Posted by o0squishy0o (2764 posts) -

The trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 looks pretty cool, but its a CGI trailer so it has to look good. Starwars 1313 is probably the only star wars game that actually looks like it will be great and the gameplay looks impressive and the visuals outstanding, so in a way its a pointless comparison.

My vote goes for SW:1313 because it looks like it could be an awesome game.

#35 Posted by RyuRanVII (4251 posts) -

Linear and scripted cinematic experience from the guys who brought us the super underwhelming Force Unleased series or an open world sci-fi RPG from the men and women that brought us the incredible Witcher series. Hmm. Hard decision, I know. AAllxxjjnn
Exaclty. ;)