Star Citizen shown its a better game than NMS, Not worth $60 pre order! Supposed to release this year said dev

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

I can't believe people bought into this NMS hype even I sorta fell for it, should have known after seeing literally nothing all these months now they want to charge 60 dollars for this game. $60 dollars even SC charges less to get the full game? Your kidding me right charging the same price as AAA games for pre orders. The nerve of people comparing NMS to Star Citizen and saying it will be a better game.

Sure the game may be worth more value than say TLG but where is the content I don't want to be walking around all day. NMS needs a sense of direction.Hopefully we don't get some hipster reviewer that gives it a pass because its from a small indie studio.

Lies I tell you man I beat Sean will sent another one just like that. He might as well add a apology.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

No Man's Sky has a firm release date for June of next year.

Three years and 85 million dollars later Star Citizen is a broken mess with nothing to show for it but a bunch of hype trailers.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GodspellWH

@Pray_to_me said:

Three years and 85 million dollars later Star Citizen is a broken mess with nothing to show for it but a bunch of hype trailers.

Two words walking simulator.

Also you realize the game was suppose to release this year but they delayed it

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@godspellwh said:
@Pray_to_me said:

lol the developer it was coming out this year

"Here's to 2015. The year that No Man's Sky comes out."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/25/happy-christmas-mans-sky-team/

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GodspellWH

@TheFadeForever said:
@godspellwh said:
@Pray_to_me said:

lol the developer it was coming out this year

"Here's to 2015. The year that No Man's Sky comes out."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/25/happy-christmas-mans-sky-team/

I saw that that man did he not go by his words

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@godspellwh said:

Lies I tell you man I beat Sean will sent another one just like that. He might as well add a apology.

'Have a super happy Christmas and New Year. Here's to 2016, the year No Man's Sky comes out unless we delay it again.

I can't make any promises love you guys,

Sean

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

I dont see why people want to constantly pit these games against each other, we fiinally have a healthy supply of space sims comiing out,and the only thing i will be doing wiith that is playing the crap out of all of them.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

There was never a competition. Only super hardcore cows like Damien and ghostwarrior786 as well as Mr_Huggles_Dog were overhyping No Man's Sky because it was not announced for PC back then. As soon as it was announced for PC, they stopped talking about it.

You get both Squadron 42 (Single Player Campaign with Multiplayer... 2016) and Star Citizen (Open World Persistent Universe... 2017) just for 45$ (both full fledged standalone game) as well as access to Alpha right now (Sandbox map, FPS, Multicrew ships), and own the game forever (no subscription fee). You can't beat that offer.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

There was never a competition. Only super hardcore cows like Damien and ghostwarrior786 as well as Mr_Huggles_Dog were overhyping No Man's Sky because it was not announced for PC back then. As soon as it was announced for PC, they stopped talking about it.

You get both Squadron 42 (Single Player Campaign with Multiplayer... 2016) and Star Citizen (Open World Persistent Universe... 2017) just for 45$ (both full fledged standalone game) as well as access to Alpha right now (Sandbox map, FPS, Multicrew ships), and own the game forever (no subscription fee). You can't beat that offer.

Sorry, it's not marketed with ONLY ON PLAYSTATION label. / Said the cows.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Do you deliberately post nonsense with the full intention of presenting yourself as an uninformed idiot?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cloud_imperium

@GarGx1 said:
@Pray_to_me said:

Do you deliberately post nonsense with the full intention of presenting yourself as an uninformed idiot?

I think it's intentional. "A loser always acts dumb to attract women".

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Sorry, it's not marketed with ONLY ON PLAYSTATION label. / Said the cows.

+1

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Worthless thread. I think both will be amazing games. The more space sims the better I say.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

afew certain posters in here stopped talking about NMS the day it was announced to be heading to the PC same time as the PS4 version.

they didn't even know what they were hyping..they just wanted an exclusive space sim to bring up in star citizen threads.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GodspellWH

@quadknight said:

Worthless thread. I think both will be amazing games. The more space sims the better I say.

NMS isn't a space sims

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

You do not need procedural generated in 2015 that what killed the game for me. I was pretty excited for this game until they annouced that now all I see is random mess in levels with now soul to them.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Bethesda games have 4-5 year dev cycles. Many mmo's have 4-6 years.

lol whining over 3.

lol ps4 less aaa/aa, aaae/aae, 99% worse multiplats, worse online, less sales than PC

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight

@godspellwh: It Iactually is.There's exploration, flying around in space, trading, space combat, etc. The flight model is nowhere near games like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen but it's still a space sim because it creates the illusion that you're in space doing all these things.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GodspellWH

@quadknight:

A true space simulator is where they tried to make it real as possible to what flying in space is really like. NMS is a more of a action adventure sandbox game to me. There a reason a game like Arma is considered a sim why BF is not. NMS does not fit the definition of a simulator.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuadKnight

@godspellwh: Nah it's still a space sim to me because they get the scale of the galaxy right. The flight model doesn't have to be super realistic. Look at games like Conflict Freespace, one of the finest space sims back in the day and it didn't have a super realistic flight model. NMS doesn't need a realistic flight model either since it has the right scale, true exploration and discovery, trading, mining, combat etc. Flying is just one aspect of a space sim IMO, the other aspects are important too and NMS gets them right.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@godspellwh said:

@quadknight:

A true space simulator is where they tried to make it real as possible to what flying in space is really like. NMS is a more of a action adventure sandbox game to me. There a reason a game like Arma is considered a sim why BF is not. NMS does not fit the definition of a simulator.

NMS doesn't go into to much depth on the detail of its content or show any gameplay that really shows off it as well. I would call it a space adventure game than an actual space sim. A game where you fly a plane doesn't make it a flight simulator. I don't think I ever played a true space sim.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cloud_imperium

@quadknight said:

@godspellwh: It Iactually is.There's exploration, flying around in space, trading, space combat, etc. The flight model is nowhere near games like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen but it's still a space sim because it creates the illusion that you're in space doing all these things.

I'd say it's "Space Exploration" or "Space Combat" game but it's not "Sim". It feels a bit arcady. Star Citizen on other hand uses newtonian physics and everything is taken into account like Mass, Size, Thrusters etc. Then you have ship computers/systems inside the ship, that can take damage from other ship, which means you can loose power, gravity, ship controls etc. It brings it a lot more closer to reality IMO.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I don't see any sort of actual evidence that SC is actually so much better than NMS.

I see the OP as disappointment about what I don't know.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

so how do i buy the game? i want to buy it but i'm so confused with the packages

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_imperium

@rekthard said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

so how do i buy the game? i want to buy it but i'm so confused with the packages

Go here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Preorder

It'll only cost you 45 dollars. You will get full Squadron 42 (SP Game) and Star Citizen (Persistent Online Game) when they come out, as well as access to Alpha of Star Citizen RIGHT NOW. You won't have to pay again for rest of your life.

In 2016, Squadron 42 and Star Citizen will be sold separately as full priced 2 products but if you pledge now you can get both AAA games just for 45 bucks.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@rekthard said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Go here:

It'll only cost you 45 dollars. You will get full Squadron 42 (SP Game) and Star Citizen (Persistent Online Game) when they come out, as well as access to Alpha of Star Citizen RIGHT NOW. You won't have to pay again for rest of your life.

In 2016, Squadron 42 and Star Citizen will be sold separately as full priced 2 products but if you pledge now you can get both AAA games just for 45 bucks.

thanks man, i plan to buy the game in december

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cloud_imperium

@rekthard said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@rekthard said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Go here:

No prob. But keep in mind that this 45$ offer will end sometime in 2016, so I'd say buy it sooner if you are really interested and want to save the money.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@naz99 said:

I dont see why people want to constantly pit these games against each other, we fiinally have a healthy supply of space sims comiing out,and the only thing i will be doing wiith that is playing the crap out of all of them.

That's the spirit !

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GarGx1

@Cloud_imperium said:
@rekthard said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@rekthard said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Go here:

No prob. But keep in mind that this 45$ offer will end sometime in 2016, so I'd say buy it sooner if you are really interested and want to save the money.

Definitely don't leave it too late if you intend to get it. Once (maybe even before) Squadron 42 is released you can guarantee that they'll split the package and you'll need to buy SQ42 and Star Citizen separately.

For a bit of help with what to go for

Aurora - Basic all round package, a ship with some cargo capacity

Mustang - Basic fighter package, not much use for hauling but better in a fight than the Aurora

300i - A bit more than the basic ships, this is a capable fighter with some cargo capacity (looks good too)

Avenger - A bit more again, just as capable a fighter as the 300i but with more versatility in terms of cargo space and big canon on the nose

Hornet F7C - The civilian version of the top end single seat fighter, this is for killing things and not much else

Freelancer - Transit van come VW Camper with big guns, you can bring a mate along for the ride as well. Cheapest and smallest of the multi-crew ships (apart from the F7C - M, a version of the hornet which has two seats)

There are loads to choose from though, feel free to ask me if you're stuck.

Here's a referral code for you to use as well, put it in when you decide to buy a package and you'll get 5000UEC extra (in game money)

STAR-C5WL-DCD3

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Star Citizen is helmed by a prolific racist who mentally abuses employees.

No Mans Sky is made by Rain Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Star Citizen is helmed by a prolific racist who mentally abuses employees.

No Mans Sky is made by Rain Man.

I'm still completely surprised that you are not banned yet :P

FattyMacFatCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FattyMacFatCat
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

NMS is a poor mans Star Citizen

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

People know what SC is. Nobody, fucking NOBODY knows what NMS is. Hyped to hell and back for ages and still nobody knows what the point of the game is (if there is one). Even the devs seem to have no clue what the point of the game is. Most hilarious is the people on PC bleating on about how awesome NMS looks **** me they must be playing on a 386 to be excited by that shit.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GarGx1

@blueinheaven said:

People know what SC is. Nobody, fucking NOBODY knows what NMS is. Hyped to hell and back for ages and still nobody knows what the point of the game is (if there is one). Even the devs seem to have no clue what the point of the game is. Most hilarious is the people on PC bleating on about how awesome NMS looks **** me they must be playing on a 386 to be excited by that shit.

Who are these PC gamers, you speak of?

I think you may be getting confused because apart from a handful of hardcore Sony drones hyping No Man's Sky (even then, that was only when they thought it was a PS4 exclusive) I've literally not seen anyone "bleating on about how awesome it looks" especially PC gamers and certainly not for visuals.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

The reason why so little is known about NMS is because the dev purposly doesn't want to give away too much like most devs do these days. He wants people to discover everything themself instead of spoiling them by showing everything (or a lot of stuff) beforehand. I'm too lazy to search for links but this is pretty much what he said shortly after the E3 reveal of this game.

Anyways I look forward to both but I'll be waiting for reviews on NMS. And instead of bashing either game why not take a moment to appreciate the fact that space sims are making a return and that they're all trying to be unique?

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@godspellwh said:

@quadknight:

the only even close to space sim then is Kernbal Space Program with that definition.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@quadknight said:

By that logic, Starbound would also be space sim.