Star Citizen. Pax Presentation. UPDATE.

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Heirren said:

I'm making sense just fine. I am basing everything I say off what is actually said vs what is actually shown. I don't even mean to come across in a negative manner--I'm just being realistic. The most telling thing is when the developers themselves come across confused when trying to describe what they want to do.

Aww, is little timmy scared of the non movie game?

Little timmy didn't know things other than CoD, Madden, and Uncharted of Us 1886 can be made? Welcome to PC, kiddo.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Jankarcop: Wow could you sound like anymore of a fucking immature Douche bag?

That response is not even worthy of a 5 year old.

you are bloody worse than all of the mentalist console fan boys on this site.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Damn I wish I could care about this game lol. It looks amazing! Just doesn't interest me.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By naz99

@ConanTheStoner: For people who do not really follow the game there is not much to see ,I reckon your view on the game. may change once all its parts start coming together and you get to see a more complete picture of how it will all work together,then again your opinion could stay exactly the same :D

Different courses for different horses so to speak :p

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@faizanhd:

Because I find the concept very interesting. It is nice to see something catering to the pc format for a change. It reminds me of when the rts genre and tactical shooter genres were coming to fruition. However, I'm realistic. I look at things objectively--it isn't hard to see that the developers are having a difficult time wrapping a game around the concept. Pc gamers like to jump on people if they don't see things their way. Because there is crowd funding going on the audience seems to have a sense of entitlement as far as development direction is concerned. Strangely, they seem to, which points to a lack of focus on the development side.

I still haven't played The Last of Us, btw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Jankarcop:

I'm confused. You either stick to pc only threads or have selective reading. I am NOT a fan of playstation.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@naz99:

Yeah, my outlook could change. Every time someone posts new info here I check it out, and damn this game looks crazy ambitious... seems like a ton of well developed content with some killer visuals to boot.

Right now it's one of those things that I can truly appreciate as a technical achievement, but I just can't see myself getting into it.

As you said though, I may start warming up to it when it nears completion. At the very least I'll have to give it a try, it looks too good to ignore.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jankarcop

@Heirren said:

@Jankarcop:

I'm confused. You either stick to pc only threads or have selective reading. I am NOT a fan of playstation.

You are a fan of stupidity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Jankarcop:

Yeah I wouldn't say that.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Oh man this game is getting hyped to the moon.

Hermits going on suicide watch if this flops...

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By naz99

@ConanTheStoner: I have money on it so of course I'm interested,but I am not a huge fan of dogfighting so have not played much since release,however I recently started playing it quite a bit as I wanted to test out the mustang delta I had just upgraded to as I was not happy with my starter ship for dogfighting,the last thing I expected was a 5 hour stint on battle royal I was having that much fun and the ship I owned was an amazing ship to fight in,it has now got me more exited than I have ever been for it,its hard to follow something for 2 years and keep the excitement level up but my recent experience has done just that,so I'm happy at least :p

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

I can't wait for the next trailer and what they will show us. They just started motion capturing so we are going to see a lot improvement for the animation.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jankarcop

@Suppaman100 said:

Kinda like 5club, or was that FlopZone, or wait a second..Knackn't? How about The last of 8.0?

You're one to talk.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Heirren said:

@faizanhd:

Strangely, they seem to, which points to a lack of focus on the development side.

and yet this thread showed you that's not the case. I think I know what people's problem is though....you're not used to seeing a game this early in development. Had this been any other studio, you'd not hear about it until near release.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Anyway, here's a sneak peek at the new damage models

Loading Video...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#66 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@blueeyedcasva said:

I can't wait for the next trailer and what they will show us. They just started motion capturing so we are going to see a lot improvement for the animation.

Yeah, I am waiting for that too. Expect to see new character models and animation system in April.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#67 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

Loading Video...

Holy Sh*t.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Cloud_imperium said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Loading Video...

Holy Sh*t.

Damm right

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Kinda like 5club, or was that FlopZone, or wait a second..Knackn't? How about The last of 8.0?

You're one to talk.

Lol, star citizen can only dream to achieve the greatness of TLOU aka the best game of last gen, just like every PC exclusive (LMFAO!)

But don't cry, buy another overpriced GPU so you can experience marginally better graphics.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jankarcop

@Suppaman100 said:

Lol, star citizen can only dream to achieve the greatness of TLOU aka the best game of last gen,

1. 8.0 best game? I doubt Consoles will have a game of Star Citizens scope until next gen. Have fun waiting.

2. Marginally better...so Digital Foundry must be a bunch of liars! If it was so marginal, how come so many consolites noticed the "downgrade" on Witcher3 when they used console settings? LOLZ?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DEadliNE-Zero0

New video with the panel with info on travel times, quantum drives, etc.

Loading Video...

This second video is about how mining works in particular

Loading Video...

Lots of cool info for anyone who wants it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14466-Design-MobiGlas

"When damaged, you’ll experience visual glitches with the mG and its AR display. The goal here is not to make your lives difficult when trying to interact with the interface, but just to dress it up and offer a fun challenge. Effects such as phasing, displacement and color inversions could be used sporadically to illustrate a glitched interface.

For example, the words on screen could phase and be displaced. Large chunks of pixels could move around or stay stuck to the screen until the next refresh. Portions of the screen could have inverted colors."

even something like a simple menu system is something the devs are aiming to innovate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Heirren said:

@faizanhd:

Because I find the concept very interesting. It is nice to see something catering to the pc format for a change. It reminds me of when the rts genre and tactical shooter genres were coming to fruition. However, I'm realistic. I look at things objectively--it isn't hard to see that the developers are having a difficult time wrapping a game around the concept. Pc gamers like to jump on people if they don't see things their way. Because there is crowd funding going on the audience seems to have a sense of entitlement as far as development direction is concerned. Strangely, they seem to, which points to a lack of focus on the development side.

It's been a chore reading your replies to this pretending you understand what is going on...

The good majority of the game's design is pretty straight foward.... what your argument boils down to is "Until its developed and I can fully see it myself IT HAS NO DIRECTION" .... obsurd. And naturally at this stage many things are still conceptual/in early development... so how the hell can they show it to you before talking about it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@MBirdy88 said:

@Heirren said:

@faizanhd:

It's been a chore reading your replies to this pretending you understand what is going on...

The good majority of the game's design is pretty straight foward.... what your argument boils down to is "Until its developed and I can fully see it myself IT HAS NO DIRECTION" .... obsurd. And naturally at this stage many things are still conceptual/in early development... so how the hell can they show it to you before talking about it?

I'm sorry to hear that. What i'm pointing out as far as the game lacking direction is that i've read, been told here, and have watched in videos that the developers will take ideas from forums and backers. This is my reasoning with saying that. If the developers knew exactly what they were doing they could respond to people explaining how something might conflict with their fundamental design. The first time I ever saw them outright say they aren't doing something was in the last video regarding combat, in response to an audience member. However, in the past they have also stated that they'd like to know what the players are going to want--their ideas.

Now a game with a 70 million dollar backing is going to have a lot of ideas and suggestions coming from people. Maybe they used some, maybe they didn't. Fact of the matter is that if multiple backers are saying do this or that--as asked by the developers--by definition it means there isn't a coherent direction behind the project.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Heirren said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Heirren said:

@faizanhd:

I'm sorry to hear that. What i'm pointing out as far as the game lacking direction is that i've read, been told here, and have watched in videos that the developers will take ideas from forums and backers. This is my reasoning with saying that. If the developers knew exactly what they were doing they could respond to people explaining how something might conflict with their fundamental design. The first time I ever saw them outright say they aren't doing something was in the last video regarding combat, in response to an audience member. However, in the past they have also stated that they'd like to know what the players are going to want--their ideas.

Now a game with a 70 million dollar backing is going to have a lot of ideas and suggestions coming from people. Maybe they used some, maybe they didn't. Fact of the matter is that if multiple backers are saying do this or that--as asked by the developers--by definition it means there isn't a coherent direction behind the project.

Taking feedback and ideas from the gaming community doesn't mean the developers lack direction. They know the kind of game they're trying to develop and they wouldn't include elements that conflict with their original idea for the game.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Loading Video...

I don't think iv ever seen a game do that before.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

This game still isn't out? What an embarrassment

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By naz99

@Pray_to_me: A triple A game in only 2 years? And only 1.5 years fully staffed

Stay clueless

So that means 5 years Dev time for GTA V is the biggest embarrassment in gaming right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Heirren said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Heirren said:

@faizanhd:

... Why is feedback bad? They don't take full ideas from backers, they take suggested fixes, or elements that are not identified as "fun/realistic and or to the standard that was promised" ... they havn't changed any of the overall game's core concepts to suit forum whiners.... It's the little things that get improved via testing and feedback.... you stating it as "FACT" that us backers are influencing the core direction of the game the opposite of fact.

Welcome... to a game designed with the community in mind from the get go... instead of the legion of shut off publisher games, that when you play their games you think "How the F*CK did this idea make it through to the final design?".

How that can be spun as a negative is beyond me.

Bottom line - we get to influence the finer details that make up the core concepts (that have been set in stone since day one.) but nothing more.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Jankarcop

@Pray_to_me said:

What an embarrassment

Like you.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Heirren said:

This is not going to release for a LONG time if they go after what they say.

Arena Commander v1.0 is already out an contains as much content as most $60 console games released these days.

The "final version" of the game will contain probably 10-12 games worth of content. Squadron 42 alone will probably be 50-60 hours long.

There is no way to define when this game will be "complete" due to how CIG is releasing it. All the main modules should be playable by the end of 2015.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@foxhound_fox: If the first release of Squadron 42 is over 5 hours I would be impressed. Game devs always far over estimate the length of their game.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Heirren said:

This is not going to release for a LONG time if they go after what they say.

Arena Commander v1.0 is already out an contains as much content as most $60 console games released these days.

The "final version" of the game will contain probably 10-12 games worth of content. Squadron 42 alone will probably be 50-60 hours long.

There is no way to define when this game will be "complete" due to how CIG is releasing it. All the main modules should be playable by the end of 2015.

What? It only has a hangar, two maps with barrirers, they can be empty or populated with bots or multiplayer. One map with three variants of race tracks, and like a dozen of ships with some variants, and you have to buy these ships individually.

You must be joking.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Loading Video...

Hot damn!

Star Citizen showing what can be done with a game when they aren't strangled by the console hardware.