Star Citizen: new ArenaCommander Gameplay(Stable Build)1440p

#1 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3616 posts) -

Footage of a Arena Commander aka Dog Fighting Module , that takes place within Star Citizen universe . Instead of giving us Arena mode option in main menu , CIG is implementing it directly into the hangar to increase immersion .

- Pax East Gameplay in HD : 0:00 to 15:05

- What is Star Citizen : 15:06 to 22:45 :

- Modules :

1. Arena Commander (1,2,3)

2. First Person on foot combat

3. Planetside Exploration

4. Squadron 42 (Single Player Campaign)

5. Star Citizen (PU) -Final Beta

6. Commercial Release of Sq42 and SC

- People Impressions : 22:46 to 23:16

- New Footage : After 23:16

Zero-G sequences are just prototype here and will be revealed/implemented later in proper footage of First Person Combat . Top secret FPS team is taking care of that stuff .

BTW , is that Kevin VanOrd speaking in the beginning of the video .?

#2 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3904 posts) -

Anyone want to share my boner with me?... I mean ye bra cool game.

#3 Posted by clyde46 (46578 posts) -

I'm looking forward to upgrading my rig for this game.

#4 Posted by 7MDMA (314 posts) -

This game will either be the greatest game ever or the greatest flop. My money is on the former.

#5 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

arena commander's gonna be baws.

#6 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5589 posts) -

Holy shit.

#7 Edited by BattleSpectre (6220 posts) -

Never played a space sim before, don't really have an interest for them but you'd be lying if you said this doesn't look awesome. I still don't know whether I'm sold on it yet (game look fine, I just feel like I'll be bored with a space sim).

#8 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3616 posts) -
@BattleSpectre said:

Never played a space sim before, don't really have an interest for them but you'd be lying if you said this doesn't look awesome. I still don't know whether I'm sold on it yet (game look fine, I just feel like I'll be bored with a space sim).

You should Play Freelancer on your PC. It is best Space Sim for new comers , it is a bit casual . It was also made by Chris Roberts , the game feels revolutionary even for today . Great story and huge galaxy to explore .

#9 Posted by blangenakker (2382 posts) -

Take note people, this is what game development looks like.

#10 Edited by intotheminx (703 posts) -

Visually, this game looks amazing, but the genre isn't for me.

#11 Posted by GarGx1 (2750 posts) -

The awesomeness is overwhelming :D

#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

GOAT confirmed, holy hell those lighting effects, just everything about this game is amazing.

#13 Posted by GabranthXIII (993 posts) -

Holy crap it's so beautiful. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

#14 Posted by melonfarmerz (1188 posts) -

Looks amazing. I get why this doesn't appeal to everyone but before you say this game as a whole will be boring, keep in mind dogfighting is a small small part of the game. You've got so many aspects to Star Citizen. FPS, vast exploration, trading and econ, MMO aspects, ect.

Also, I find it quite intriguing that they decided to keep their FPS team top secret. Perhaps they got a big name FPS studio and they want to make it a surprise?

#15 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3616 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

Looks amazing. I get why this doesn't appeal to everyone but before you say this game as a whole will be boring, keep in mind dogfighting is a small small part of the game. You've got so many aspects to Star Citizen. FPS, vast exploration, trading and econ, MMO aspects, ect.

Also, I find it quite intriguing that they decided to keep their FPS team top secret. Perhaps they got a big name FPS studio and they want to make it a surprise?

Exactly my thoughts . It could be Crytek or Bungie or may be Red Orchestra devs or STALKER team .? Who knows .

#16 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

GOAT confirmed, holy hell those lighting effects, just everything about this game is amazing.

It is but I'm kinda underwhelmed by the weapons and weapon effects, they look uninspired and flat. Here's a mindblowing thought:

What if Star Citizen and Unreal Tournament crossed over and boarding events turned into Assault matches?

#17 Edited by GarGx1 (2750 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Ballroompirate said:

GOAT confirmed, holy hell those lighting effects, just everything about this game is amazing.

It is but I'm kinda underwhelmed by the weapons and weapon effects, they look uninspired and flat. Here's a mindblowing thought:

What if Star Citizen and Unreal Tournament crossed over and boarding events turned into Assault matches?

Well Arena Commander will be a part of the finished game (a small part mind you). I think it's highly likely that there will be a capture the carrier or station mode, which will include boarding and fighting your way through the enemy to the bridge.

It would also be good for organisations to train in without risking the loss of expensive resources and ships while getting the hang of capturing cap ships and space stations.

#18 Posted by Motokid6 (5704 posts) -

Weapons sound lame. And my god I really hope we get to fly down thorough the atmosphere of those planets and land on them. With the whole EVA thing that should be a must

#19 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3616 posts) -
@Motokid6 said:

Weapons sound lame. And my god I really hope we get to fly down thorough the atmosphere of those planets and land on them. With the whole EVA thing that should be a must

Sound effects are placeholders . On game's launch auto pilot will land you inside cities within Planets . However later down the road , they'll release an expansion pack that will allow engine to randomly generate enviroments , which will enable atmospheric flights and whole planets to explore .

But on game's launch everything will be handcrafted and there will be at least 450 locations where you can land your ship and explore the area on foot , that includes underwater cities as well .

#20 Posted by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

lol Hermits. Their best exclusive is a Cryengine Mod

#21 Edited by 7MDMA (314 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

lol Hermits. Their best exclusive is a Cryengine Mod

Are you stupid?

#22 Edited by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

I think I jizzed my pants when he climbed into the cockpit and the startup/exit sequence began. I couldn't imagine what it would be like for someone who has been walking around their hangar for months now.

#23 Posted by melonfarmerz (1188 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

lol Hermits. Their best exclusive is a Cryengine Mod

So like. All games are mods of engines then? lol

#24 Posted by GabranthXIII (993 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

lol Hermits. Their best exclusive is a Cryengine Mod

Jealous are we? Back to the farm you go, peasant.

#25 Posted by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: lol silly Hermits. GOTY confirmed because of "those lighting effects"

#26 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -
@epic-gamerz said:

@Ballroompirate: lol silly Hermits. GOTY confirmed because of "those lighting effects"

GOTY confirmed because we grew up with handcrafted fantastical but desolate worlds in the vacuum of space and not with wannabe space marine garbage like Halo

#27 Posted by wis3boi (31459 posts) -

dat spacewalk/eject

#28 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

@Ballroompirate: lol silly Hermits. GOTY confirmed because of "those lighting effects"

Not a hermit, I love Wing Commander and I love space/sci fi games.

#29 Posted by Vaasman (11458 posts) -

First I was like "omg you can black out from G's this is so detailed." Then he ejects and starts spacewalking and I'm like "welp I came."

#30 Posted by Motokid6 (5704 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: Then Mr. Roberts will have one more customers.

#31 Posted by melonfarmerz (1188 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Motokid6 said:

Weapons sound lame. And my god I really hope we get to fly down thorough the atmosphere of those planets and land on them. With the whole EVA thing that should be a must

Sound effects are placeholders . On game's launch auto pilot will land you inside cities within Planets . However later down the road , they'll release an expansion pack that will allow engine to randomly generate enviroments , which will enable atmospheric flights and whole planets to explore .

But on game's launch everything will be handcrafted and there will be at least 450 locations where you can land your ship and explore the area on foot , that includes underwater cities as well .

I don't get how anyone can read this comment and not buy the game right away

#32 Edited by Jankarcop (9618 posts) -

I find it funny how anti-PC idiots like @m3dude1 , @xboxdone74, @Suppaman100 are too scared to post in these kind of threads.

The Game is that good.

Don't worry, you'll never be first place. Troll away.

#33 Posted by melonfarmerz (1188 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

I find it funny how anti-PC idiots like @m3dude1 , @xboxdone74, @Suppaman100 are too scared to post in these kind of threads.

The Game is that good.

Don't worry, you'll never be first place. Troll away.

What I don't understand is why everyone always replies to them. It's a complete waste of energy. These guys obviously don't have PC's. If you're familiar with Plato's allegory of the cave, it's a perfect description. A man living in a cave believes the cave is the world and shuns the idea of an outside world. From what we've collected, xboxdone74 has a windows tablet which he says is "motion computing, something way more high tech than your PC", Suppaman100 has a fucking low end "gaming" laptop and hasn't tried PC gaming in a long time, and m3dude1 thinks nobody can run BF4 at 60 frames and thinks it's a terribly optimized game, which is completely false, meaning he probably has no clue what he's talking about either.