Star Citizen hangar UPDATE2(Dogfight module Screen shots)

#101 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

This is looking so very nice. I can't wait to see the dog fighting unit. Really hopeful for how this game is going to turn out!

#102 Edited by Wasdie (52449 posts) -

Presentation was a godawful mess. What was working looked amazing.

#103 Posted by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

@Wasdie:

dat helmet

#104 Edited by GarGx1 (7543 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Presentation was a godawful mess. What was working looked amazing.

Standard issue C.I.G. presentation mate.

They know what they are doing when it comes to game (what they did show proved that) but don't have clue on doing live shows and presentations. It's big part of the reason why WMH started getting recorded the day before.

I shouldn't criticize too much though, I couldn't put a live show together if my life depended on it.

#105 Posted by naz99 (2678 posts) -

@Wasdie yeah the presentation did not go too well but at pre alpha stage it did not surprise me or annoy me that the multiplayer presentation did not work.

What we did see of it looked stunning.

Hopefully they will have better luck tonight.

#106 Posted by Twizded (540 posts) -

This game looks amazing, lots of details.

#107 Posted by gpuking (3914 posts) -

That's it? Can someone explain to me what's so special graphically about this game? Looks kinda average.

#108 Posted by IgGy621985 (5436 posts) -

Looks good, but I expected they'd show more by now. Much more.

#109 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

Shame most of the people gloating about this game which is coming to PC, won't be playing the game in Ultra settings and at 4K which everyone keeps boasting about.

does look good tho, but are we more into the graphics more than the actual game, I mean the game is coming from kickstarter no matter who the creator is.

#110 Edited by -CC- (2044 posts) -
@gpuking said:

That's it? Can someone explain to me what's so special graphically about this game? Looks kinda average.

My friend has the hanger and a high end PC. It really looks good in person. If you were just watching the live stream then ya it does not do it justice.

#111 Posted by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

@gpuking said:

What are you talking about the graphics? If you think it looks average you need to get your eyed checked.

#112 Posted by IgGy621985 (5436 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

Shame most of the people gloating about this game which is coming to PC, won't be playing the game in Ultra settings and at 4K which everyone keeps boasting about.

does look good tho, but are we more into the graphics more than the actual game, I mean the game is coming from kickstarter no matter who the creator is.

Cryengine has much to do with it since Crytek and Cryengine are synonyms for insane graphics.

#113 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@gpuking said:

You're in the same class as XboxDone74 in terms of PC bashing so it's hard to really take your opinion seriously... The game looks very stunning, especially considering it's pre pre pre alpha. Watching a low quality twitch stream doesn't do the game justice. Try out the hanger module.

Loading Video...

#114 Edited by DeathLordCrime (839 posts) -

Oh man that looks great I can not wait to try my hands on the new dog fight module

LOL that helmet animation was awesome someone needs to make a gif for it

#115 Posted by NFJSupreme (6298 posts) -

Looks good. Consolites are in for a generation of jelly.

#116 Edited by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

@deathlordcrime said:

Oh man that looks great I can not wait to try my hands on the new dog fight module

#117 Edited by DeathLordCrime (839 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@deathlordcrime said:

Wonder if there going be more of those animations

TOP NOTCH

#118 Edited by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

Going to update if anybody wants to read more

#119 Edited by MBirdy88 (11107 posts) -

Ok now I am more hyped..... looks good for early alpha.

When can we play as backers? have they said?

#120 Posted by pelvist (6200 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Ok now I am more hyped..... looks good for early alpha.

When can we play as backers? have they said?

i heard Chris say something like 2-3 weeks during the DFM presentation.

#121 Posted by Ballroompirate (25406 posts) -

Need this game....can't contain hype lvl....

#122 Edited by DeathLordCrime (839 posts) -

I'm expecting it to be released around May

#123 Posted by Wasdie (52449 posts) -

Early May is a good estimate.

#124 Posted by padaporra (3495 posts) -

Looks really underwhelming.

#125 Edited by DeathLordCrime (839 posts) -

Can't even imagine what it would be like engaging in battle with a large fleet or boarding ships

#126 Posted by Ballroompirate (25406 posts) -

@deathlordcrime said:

Can't even imagine what it would be like engaging in battle with a large fleet or boarding ships

The screams from every ones computer...I sense a disturbance in the force.

#127 Edited by DeathLordCrime (839 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@deathlordcrime said:

The screams from every ones computer...I sense a disturbance in the force.

Fighting space aliens that's a dream come true

#128 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

I kinda like astrology and constellations OMG wonder whats this game about.. maybe will google later for some articles about it.

#129 Posted by lundy86_4 (47516 posts) -

Kinda sad that i'll be hitting up a cheaper Steambox next... I'd like to play this. I might be tempted to at least get a Steambox with decent specs.

#130 Edited by CroidX (1526 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

Kinda sad that i'll be hitting up a cheaper Steambox next... I'd like to play this. I might be tempted to at least get a Steambox with decent specs.

If your getting that 500 dollar one you should upgrade the cpu since I'm sure it will run it find unless they have really high minimum requirement

#131 Posted by lundy86_4 (47516 posts) -

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

If your getting that 500 dollar one you should upgrade the cpu since I'm sure it will run it find unless they have really high minimum requirement

I was looking around the $500ish mark, due to mostly needing a HTPC... If I want to play some games, I will likely go for $1000+. A small form factor is a must for my new comp.

#132 Edited by CroidX (1526 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I was looking around the $500ish mark, due to mostly needing a HTPC... If I want to play some games, I will likely go for $1000+. A small form factor is a must for my new comp.

If that's the case the one I heard around that price had something like a titan in it

#133 Posted by lundy86_4 (47516 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

If that's the case the one I heard around that price had something like a titan

That would be nice. I don't expect ballin' specs, just something capable of decent gameplay.

#134 Posted by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Chris said they were supporting Linux so I guess SC will be on steamOS. Really want to see how well a steam controller plays it.

#135 Posted by lundy86_4 (47516 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Chris said they were supporting Linux so I guess SC will be on steamOS. Really want to see how well a steam controller plays it.

It would be cool. I may dualboot SteamOS, but i'll likely stick with Windows 7 for my home theatre playback.

#136 Edited by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

It would be cool. I may dualboot SteamOS, but i'll likely stick with Windows 7 for my home theatre playback.

I remember it was a bit of a hassle using windows from my couch guess you have a better set up.

If you do play SC on it I think using a joystick would be the best option in controls. I haven't using one for ages.

#137 Edited by GodspellWH (970 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I remember it was a bit of a hassle using windows from my couch guess you have a better set up.

If you do play SC on it I think using a joystick would be the best option in controls. I haven't using one for ages.

That reminds me wonder if SC will get its own joystick

#138 Edited by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

@godspellwh said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@CroidX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

That reminds me wonder if SC will get its own joystick

Damn if they have something like that I might get one

#139 Posted by lundy86_4 (47516 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

Currently, I have a much closer setup, so Windows is great.

Man, I can't remember the last time I used a joystick... Probably in the 90's.

#140 Edited by TheFadeForever (2588 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

Currently, I have a much closer setup, so Windows is great.

Man, I can't remember the last time I used a joystick... Probably in the 90's.

If you do get a new joystick you should buy the Oculus Rift with it. SC is perfect for it can't imagine how its going be like dog fighting using the VR.

#141 Posted by milannoir (1651 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Heil68 said:

I may have a new rig by the time it comes out. I'm not sold on the game however, it has to be fun to me for me to be interested. "space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person."

If it's more sim than action, I'll pass.

what exactly do you want from the game? If you're not into sim this game may just annoy you.

I want action! :P Seriously sims aren't my thing, so games like Civilization and the TW series are not games I enjoy.

This game plans to have intense single-seat fighter dogfights.. AND massive fights involving capital ships with player and/or NPC crews, requiring good coordination at different battlestations, and between fighter wings... AND boarding mechanics/ planetside on-foot combat (FPS.. This is done in the CryENgine after all)....

So you've got the action covered, if you want it. Or you can play as an explorer, searching for new jump points, new systems, new planets, abandoned colonies, shipwrecks etc. Or you can play as a trader, as an industrialist...

But if you're the sort of player who wants someting that is pick-up-and-play, easy-to-master, arcade-esque crap... This game isn't for you.

#142 Posted by MirkoS77 (11067 posts) -

This games going to be the fucking bomb. I'm all in: Facebook Rift, force feedback controller, fully upgraded rig. And I'm going to wait until this is fully up and running at 100%. As much as I was tempted to play around with the modules one at a time, I want to experience this as it's meant to be played. I'm happy to wait for the full retail release.

I'm ecstatic this is getting the backing it is. Roberts is awesome and I've no doubt this will deliver. I think this will be the first game that'll really give me a taste of what VR can give. Gonna be a long wait. At least Batman AK will keep me busy in the meantime.

#143 Edited by CroidX (1526 posts) -

Wonder what kind of pc would be needed to run it with the the OR.

#144 Posted by foxhound_fox (95256 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Average for what exactly? This is the first space sim in years, aside from the X series, that has attempted to do something of this scale, and do it completely without a publisher backing them financially. This is all possible because people donated their hard earned money to Roberts and co to make the game.

#145 Edited by Sushiglutton (6621 posts) -

Unfortunatley my prediction that they wouldn't be capable of making tight moment to moment gameplay seems to have come true. That looks very slow and unexciting.

#146 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

ZOMFG wtf is this gawddamn i need titan gfx for this ?

#147 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

Unfortunatley my prediction that they wouldn't be capable of making tight moment to moment gameplay seems to have come true. That looks very slow and unexciting.

I don't get how nobody realizes that this is a tech demo with two ai drones who didn't even fight back... Pretty sure Roberts said he was aiming for A LOT of people fighting at a time. Like 50 or so...

#148 Posted by CroidX (1526 posts) -

Need to wait two to three weeks

#149 Posted by Wasdie (52449 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

It's not supposed to be an arcade game, it's a sim. They are taking a realistic approach to trust and vectoring.

They also are going to be heavily tweaking the game as it's play tested throughout its life. I expect things to get a bit faster and a bit heavier so turns aren't done on a dime.

#150 Edited by KungfuKitten (23070 posts) -

What is the little white spacefighter at the 5 minute mark in the first vid? It looks cute :D

And still no footage of my A-Wing kamikaze jet... but what was there looks promising. The improvements they make and the depth of detail are impressive.