Star Citizen hangar UPDATE2(Dogfight module Screen shots)

#1 Edited by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -

Here is a video of someone hangar

If you wanna wanna know what it looks like

This is shaping up to be a beautiful and well done game

They targeting a 50 to 60 player count on the dog fights

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

I'm seriously interested in this game.

#3 Edited by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

Wow in this day and age the game will be one of a kind as I know their is another similar game but SC is promising to push boundaries. Bringing back a long forgotten genre in a fresh new way I believe this is one those game that's truly worth its asking price.

#4 Posted by Consternated (489 posts) -

I can't see the video. Do you have a link?

#5 Posted by foxhound_fox (87329 posts) -

Have a friend that is bringing me in on this for his in-game company. He himself has contributed over $3000 to the game. He already has a bunch of ships in his hangar.

#6 Edited by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -
#8 Posted by Consternated (489 posts) -

Have a friend that is bringing me in on this for his in-game company. He himself has contributed over $3000 to the game. He already has a bunch of ships in his hangar.

I guess that's the SC equivalent of this...

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/6a/bf/466abf0e765bab9911ce16ffeb95e5cb.jpg

@Consternated said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaxOzR8vhTo

Sweet, thanks.

#9 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17007 posts) -

This game is like a dream come true. Fuuuu it looks so good!

#10 Posted by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/6a/bf/466abf0e765bab9911ce16ffeb95e5cb.jpg

@TheFadeForever said:

@Consternated said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaxOzR8vhTo

Sweet, thanks.

here for the newer one I added

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN00Ui4SDCY

#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (87329 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Essentially. Apparently all the big investors get access to content as soon as media about it is released, which includes walking around the hangar, entering and playing with stuff on the ships. Just no flying or anything. Yet.

#12 Posted by silversix_ (13880 posts) -

Something tells me that by the time this comes out it won't be impressive anymore like Alan Wake.

#13 Posted by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

I can not wait to see the FPS combat when boarding ships

#14 Edited by melonfarmerz (1072 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Something tells me that by the time this comes out it won't be impressive anymore like Alan Wake.

They're looking at early 2015 right now. That and the fact that this is a fairly unfinished module that is blowing us away speaks volumes about the quality of the game. In a years time, with the addition of some final polish, I really doubt this game will lose much of its beauty.

Also, why did TC post this now? Just out of curious because the hanger module's been out for quite some time.

#15 Edited by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

It would be awesome if there was a star wars mod for this game. Hopefully Star Citizen will be open to the modding community like Skyrim is.

#16 Posted by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -

It would be awesome if there was a star wars mod for this game. Hopefully Star Citizen will be open to the modding community like Skyrim is.

That would be pretty cool if they made some based off of those space battles

#17 Edited by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

Also, why did TC post this now? Just out of curious because the hanger module's been out for quite some time.

Obviously to show how progress is going for the game since we haven't seen anything much about it lately

#18 Posted by melonfarmerz (1072 posts) -

Being such a PC centric title, sticking to the roots of PC gaming, I'd be shocked if it wasn't open to modding.

#19 Edited by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

Just imagine something like tthis looking forward to seeing some epic space battles

#20 Edited by Couth_ (9973 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

I wouldn't be surprised. This game is so far off (not a bad thing, just the truth) many other engines will be updated and optimized to look just as good. It should still be impressive on a technical scale but everyone is screaming upgrade the gpu, that's lulzworthy

Why upgrade now for a game that comes out in another 1-2 years, by the time this thing comes out, the latest mid tier cards should be able to run it.

#21 Edited by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@silversix_ said:

I wouldn't be surprised. This game is so far off (not a bad thing, just the truth) many other engines will be updated and optimized to look just as good. It should still be impressive on a technical scale but everyone is screaming upgrade the gpu, that's lulzworthy

Why upgrade now for a game that comes out in another 1-2 years, by the time this thing comes out, the latest mid tier cards should be able to run it.

I'm sure some will upgrade to the latest mid tier cards whenever they are released.

Hopefully we get to see another game that surpasses SC at the technical that's its pushing in 1-2 years if that ever happens

#22 Posted by blangenakker (2158 posts) -

yes yes we know how pretty the hangar and ships look.

#23 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2198 posts) -

Take a very first look at DFM . This build is not 100% complete for Pax East but you can get the idea of what to expect on April 10 .

#24 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3676 posts) -

They are releasing it module by module and when the full thing is complete 2015 it will be in Beta form for a while. Star Citizen... The actual full complete game out side of Beta form wont be here till 2015 Q4 or 2016 Q1.

Time to upgrade?... For a game that won't be out for 1-2 years?!... Don't be silly.

#25 Posted by CroidX (953 posts) -

They are releasing it module by module and when the full thing is complete 2015 it will be in Beta form for a while. Star Citizen... The actual full complete game out side of Beta form wont be here till 2015 Q4 or 2016 Q1.

Time to upgrade?... For a game that won't be out for 1-2 years?!... Don't be silly.

wait I thought it was the entire full game at early 2015

#26 Edited by CroidX (953 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@silversix_ said:

Star Citizen is being developed on a newer Cry Engine (4th generation ).

#27 Posted by Pffrbt (6446 posts) -

This game is completely uninteresting.

#28 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3676 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Once the full game is released it will have to be in beta form to make sure all the modules are working together as one big ecosystem. In my opinion its their biggest mistake... Its going to need a lot of work to get that done. I understand why they did it, to keep their fans happy... No ones going to fund a game in 2012 that wont be out till 2015 or later, I think its a lot of wasted time programming each part of the game to work almost like a standalone but also to work as one big ecosystem... I SENSE HUGE PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME!

I think the 2015 release date will be pushed back.

#29 Posted by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Once the full game is released it will have to be in beta form to make sure all the modules are working together as one big ecosystem. In my opinion its their biggest mistake... Its going to need a lot of work to get that done. I understand why they did it, to keep their fans happy... No ones going to fund a game in 2012 that wont be out till 2015 or later, I think its a lot of wasted time programming each part of the game to work almost like a standalone but also to work as one big ecosystem... I SENSE HUGE PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME!

how many modules?

#30 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13049 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@silversix_ said:

Exactly, anyone upgrading right now is being rather foolish unless they get a killer deal. The games just aren't out requiring this demanding hardware yet.

#31 Edited by CroidX (953 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@CroidX said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Might as well wait and see how they handle it.

#32 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3676 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@CroidX said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

how many modules?

Around 6... Here's a link of their release schedule.

#33 Edited by CroidX (953 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Couth_ said:

@silversix_ said:

Exactly, anyone upgrading right now is being rather foolish unless they get a killer deal. The games just aren't out requiring this demanding hardware yet.

Not like anything is forcing someone to upgrade now unless they have rig that's outdated. We are already seeing some steep requirements for certain games lately and will most likely continue to see that trend. Its not like you need to upgrade to a say a 800 dollar GPU.

#34 Edited by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -

yes people everyone should upgrade to a titan now

#35 Posted by Heil68 (43175 posts) -

I may have a new rig by the time it comes out. I'm not sold on the game however, it has to be fun to me for me to be interested. "space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person."

If it's more sim than action, I'll pass.

#36 Posted by Nanomage (2367 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

I may have a new rig by the time it comes out. I'm not sold on the game however, it has to be fun to me for me to be interested. "space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person."

If you had played any of his games you´d know what to expect,a shame you didn´t,stuff like Wing Commander or Freelancer are among the all time greats.

#37 Posted by m3dude1 (1020 posts) -

this game wont be out for a loooooooooooooong time, if ever.

#38 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10465 posts) -

zzzzz..

#39 Edited by lawlessx (46410 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

what exactly do you want from the game? If you're not into sim this game may just annoy you.

#40 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

Holy crap

That looks so...impressive.

#41 Edited by CroidX (953 posts) -

@m3dude1:

Its stated to come out in early 2015

not like you would know

#42 Posted by m3dude1 (1020 posts) -

yeah it wont be out in early 2015, that much is certain

#43 Posted by lawlessx (46410 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

and you think this why?

#44 Posted by Ballroompirate (22190 posts) -

My body is ready

#46 Posted by CroidX (953 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@m3dude1 said:

and you think this why?

He doesn't think

#47 Posted by lawlessx (46410 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@lawlessx said:

@m3dude1 said:

and you think this why?

He doesn't think

for the sake of good humor lets say he does.

#48 Posted by Wasdie (49531 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@m3dude1 said:

and you think this why?

Because full release isn't until late 2015?

Alpha/Beta testing starts this year. if you're a backer, you'll be playing the game long before the release. Squadron 42 is releasing sometime mid 2015 and then the persistent universe is going to be sometime late 2015 or potentially early 2016. Dogfighting module is basically alpha phase 2 with the hanger being phase 1. From here until the end of the year they'll be constantly adding more and more into the game. Towards the end of the year we should have the first alpha of the persistent universe working to some degree. Next year is beta and release (maybe).

#49 Posted by m3dude1 (1020 posts) -

the intelligence of some of the posters here is impressive to say the least

#50 Edited by foxhound_fox (87329 posts) -

I'm definitely liking the Freelancer. Wonder what flying the Constellation and Idris would be like?