Star Citizen graphic compared to CGI Sci Fi Movie

• 53 results
#1 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

Comparison both are the same video

Looks like the game is getting there and beyond what do you think. Can't wait to see what they accomplish next year.

Here the full movie

#2 Edited by BloodyTides (132 posts) -

Hard to imagine what it will be like when the final game is released. I'll probably spend hours dogfighting.

#3 Edited by GodspellWH (391 posts) -

Always room for improvements and they got plenty of time. Now I just need to upgrade my CPU

Hell yea captain harlock.

#4 Posted by NFJSupreme (5146 posts) -

those shitty videos makes it hard to compare

#5 Posted by BloodyTides (132 posts) -
#6 Posted by GodspellWH (391 posts) -
#7 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2443 posts) -

After watching new videos , you can clearly see that we are getting there . The game looks very impressive and it is hard to imagine , how it'll look like next year when campaign finally comes out .

#8 Posted by melonfarmerz (1119 posts) -

Just out of curiosity, what is the SC trailer? In engine? In game assets? Actual gameplay?

#9 Posted by Micropixel (862 posts) -

Whatever upgrades I'll need (if any) to get the full-blown experience of this game, I'll glady do!

#10 Edited by adamosmaki (9445 posts) -

@bloodytides said:

@godspellwh:

didn't they recommend a i7

Can't remember but the minimum was a least a i5

actually this are the minimum and recommended taken from their forums

Minimum system requirements: Windows 7 or 8 64-bit

Dual Core CPU Intel: Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz or AMD: Phenom X2

8GB of RAM

DirectX 11 capable GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5850

Recommended system requirements: Windows 7 or 8 64-bit

Quad core CPU: i5 2500, i7 2600, 2700

DirectX 11 capable GPU: GTX 670 or greater

Cryengine 3 along with the optimizations they made ensure this game will run even on rather low end systems and thats great

also this is what they said about CPU's

If you have an overclocked-Q6600 Core 2 Quad, i5 750, Quad/Hex core Phenom II, FX-6100 or better, then your CPU is good enough to give you the option of upgrading now, or waiting until future chips are released, as they will certainly run SC, but perhaps not with the performance level that you want ( meaning probably will be good enough for 30fps )

But it seems that an i5 or an 8core FX are the sweet spot for this game ( as they have them as the recommended )

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (7774 posts) -

Makes Uncharted 4 look a generation behind.
Amazings.

#12 Posted by Sushiglutton (5224 posts) -

Never heard of Captain Harlock. Is that really considered cutting-edge CGI?

#13 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3688 posts) -

Just out of curiosity, what is the SC trailer? In engine? In game assets? Actual gameplay?

In engine real time on a PC. It's a real time sequence. But the gameplay usesthe same assets. So expect it to look as good or better at release.

#14 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3688 posts) -

It's about time PC got a game that used it's tech fully. All those 360 ports just weren't doing the hardware justice.

#15 Posted by clyde46 (44752 posts) -

Just in time for Intel's new 8 core Haswell-E CPU!

#16 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

Never heard of Captain Harlock. Is that really considered cutting-edge CGI?

not sure

#17 Edited by Wasdie (49600 posts) -

That's some pretty low-budget CGI. Not the greatest comparison.

Compare it to those Halo 2 Anniversary CGI cutscenes and you'll see the mountain of difference between pre-rendered and real-time rendering graphics.

#18 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@Wasdie:

Well cut scenes are only for a few minutes this is an entire movie length at a budget over 30 million dollars

#19 Posted by foxhound_fox (87604 posts) -

I hope Star Citizen goes on to redefine what it means to make million dollar games. No more of these $50 million games that provide gamers with 4 hours of content. We'll be expecting persistent universes with constantly updated content that leads to literally thousands of hours of time spent.

#20 Posted by AM-Gamer (3557 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Lmao the character models look like absolute Shit compared to the UC4 trailer.

#21 Posted by happyduds77 (1448 posts) -

If it was a console exclusive a bet all of you hermits out there will say "it's just a cutscene it doesn't count hur dur"

Anyway the graphics look absolutely amazing. It baffles me how they manage to put that much detail in the game.

#22 Edited by ni6htmare01 (910 posts) -

Looks awesome! Graphic is top notch! Too bad I'm not interested in these type of Scifi games!

#23 Edited by Wasdie (49600 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@Wasdie:

Well cut scenes are only for a few minutes this is an entire movie length at a budget over 30 million dollars

I was talking about the movie. Star Citizen looks great but compared to something like that Halo 2 Anniversary CGI cutscenes, you can still see a huge gap between pre-rendered and real-time rendering.

#24 Posted by NFJSupreme (5146 posts) -

@AM-Gamer: what uc4 character models have you seen?

#25 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13328 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I hope Star Citizen goes on to redefine what it means to make million dollar games. No more of these $50 million games that provide gamers with 4 hours of content. We'll be expecting persistent universes with constantly updated content that leads to literally thousands of hours of time spent.

Good luck getting any games made then, expecting that amount of content and time spent on the development process is just ridiculous for every big budget game. From a big time publishers perspective that's just not realistic or feasible.

#26 Posted by parkurtommo (26430 posts) -

In game assets/in engine. Obviously not gameplay.

#27 Posted by GarGx1 (2467 posts) -

If this link has worked it should have higher than 1080p res options :)

#28 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

If this link has worked it should have higher than 1080p res options :)

ok thnx

#29 Edited by Jag85 (4356 posts) -

I watched Captain Harlock just last week. The CGI visuals look incredible... if you're watching it in 1080p (that 480p upload posted by the OP doesn't do it justice). However, the story was pretty disappointing... Captain Harlock isn't even the main character.

As for Star Citizen, I wouldn't say it's reached CGI quality yet, but it has certainly narrowed the gap greatly. As usual, CryEngine still leading the way in real-time 3D graphics.

#30 Posted by foxhound_fox (87604 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Good luck getting any games made then, expecting that amount of content and time spent on the development process is just ridiculous for every big budget game. From a big time publishers perspective that's just not realistic or feasible.

Cloud Imperium Games is doing it. Not only that, they are doing it within a 2-3 year window.

#31 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2412 posts) -

Are you guys out of your fucking minds? Have you seen the Order or the UC4 or the unnanounced yet to be seen QD game?

#32 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2443 posts) -

Are you guys out of your fucking minds? Have you seen the Order or the UC4 or the unnanounced yet to be seen QD game?

Lol , brilliant .

#33 Posted by bezza2011 (2357 posts) -

All well and good saying that the graphics are as good as CGI film but only a small minority will ever get to play it, in all it's glory, I mean to really the only people who will see it at the best it can be will be the small number who own 4K gaming rigs.

#34 Edited by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

lol, hermits are some true hypocrites trying to hype a 100% in-engine non-gameplay movie. yes MOVIE that will 100% not even be a part of the game.

Hell you can take the Infamous Second Son engine and make an amazing movie lol but you clowns are hyping this as if it is any indication of gameplay when it is actually 0.

The actual gamplay looked far behind that and actually even this cinematic isnt as impressive as the in-engine scenes from UC4 or even the Order except the Order cut scenes have been proven to be 100% in-game asses.

This is what Star Citizen gameplay actually looks like

Taken straight from HD video of Star Citicen GAMEPLAY, jag hell lol. bu bu the in-engine movie?

right click and open to see full jag glory

#35 Edited by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

Edit: to further illustate my point here is Infamous First Light (also open world game) in-engine scene

Damn, dat CGI movie quality confirmed? Damn why aren't sony fans hyping this like herms are here?

but here is actual gameplay graphics that show it matches and didn't downgrade into jag hell, no bull shots because we already know Infamous has the best implementation of AA than any current game.

This isnt even being hyped for graphics but herms lose their shit over an in-engine movie when actual gameplay graphics have been shown and tell different story. funny stuff.

#36 Edited by Snugenz (11812 posts) -
#37 Edited by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

Mooooooooooo

Go back to your field you're drunk.

You are a continuous idiot with no argument with any of your moronic replies. All you do it look for someone you identify as a sony fan and make a idiotic fanboy reply with "cow" or "moo" somewhere in there and think you've done something.

That is the legacy of a dumb xbox fanboy turned hermit to hide behind PC. The only counter argument you ever have is to claim you are a hermit but all your hate is toward Sony and PS fans as if sony kicked your cat like the true butthurt lemming you are.

Why don't you drop the act and stop being obsesses with taking revenge on every sony fan who posts on this board because of MS's failure, you are a pathetic clown.

#38 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@kinectthedots:

you sir are truly a moron, and where is UC4 gameplay. Lol mention games we barely seen gameplay of and you talk about an early build of Star Citizen.

#39 Edited by Snugenz (11812 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

Mooooooooooo

You are a continuous idiot with no argument with any of your moronic replies. All you do it look for someone you identify as a sony fan and make a idiotic fanboy reply with "cow" or "moo" somewhere in there and think you've done something.

That is the legacy of a dumb xbox fanboy turned hermit to hide behind PC. The only counter argument you ever have is to claim you are a hermit but all your hate is toward Sony and PS fans as if sony kicked your cat like the true butthurt lemming you are. Mooooooooo.

Why don't you drop the act and stop being obsesses with taking revenge on every sony fan who posts on this board because of MS's failure, you are a pathetic clown.

You're wrong, i'll happily engage in a full on conversation (and have done plenty in my 8 years here) if the person isn't a raging fanboy like you. And it takes no time whatsoever to mock you and move on so why not?.

I have never once claimed to be a hermit, i'm 100% not a lemming and i love Sony products, i buy a lot of them in fact, so stick that up your cow ass and swivel on it sunshine.

Oh and whats with the insults, why are you so mad?. I know it must royally suck basing your happiness on the success of a piece of plastic, and it can't be fun being wrong as much as you are, but you need to chill out, maybe go grazing with the herd?,

#40 Posted by MBirdy88 (7628 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

Mooooooooooo

That is the legacy of a dumb xbox fanboy turned hermit to hide behind PC. The only counter argument you ever have is to claim you are a hermit but all your hate is toward Sony and PS fans as if sony kicked your cat like the true butthurt lemming you are.

oh the wonderful irony. why so mad?

Still milking that terrible screenshot are we?

Mad.... Hypocritical and desperate, its not a good look Kinectthedots.... time to move on.

#41 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4346 posts) -

oh look another picture misrepresenting star citizen. honestly it looks pretty damn good, was playing a bit last night.

#42 Posted by m3dude1 (1148 posts) -

kinect is right tho. you guys are hyping up the same type of video you all bitch and whine about for consoles. none of you have the slightest clue how gameplay will stack up to this commercial video

#43 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4346 posts) -

post 41 was about actual gameplay experience (r9 280x)

#44 Edited by Snugenz (11812 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

kinect is right tho. you guys are hyping up the same type of video you all bitch and whine about for consoles. none of you have the slightest clue how gameplay will stack up to this commercial video

Played Star CItizen plenty already so i do have an idea of how it's gonna stack up, plus we saw Murray Cup footage from Gamescom. You do realize the lies you spread about the game being vaporware are exactly that, lies, right?.

#45 Edited by m3dude1 (1148 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

my post wasnt directed at you

@Snugenz the hanger and dog fighting modules arent even in the same league as that constellation commercial in engine video

#46 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1337 posts) -

Consoles will have to wait next gen to get something on this scale w/ the same gfx...heck maybe not even next gen.

#47 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

my post wasnt directed at you

@Snugenz the hanger and dog fighting modules arent even in the same league as that constellation commercial in engine video

#48 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4346 posts) -

mmm i thought the new hangers were really good, and the way how existing backers get to choose from the range and so on was very fair.

apparently your choice of hanger will impact upon where in the star citizen universe you are based. so, i'm going to go with the industrial one.

if there's one thing i learned playing EVE online, it's that mining asteroids from a spacecraft is the single most fun and awesome thing a human can do with their clothes on (note: clothes optional). so i'm hoping the industrial hangers will be in a chocolate assteroid rich part of the game.

"man with a chocolate face" - borat

#49 Posted by blangenakker (2213 posts) -

Just goes to show what the CryEngine is capable of.

#50 Posted by m3dude1 (1148 posts) -

mmm i thought the new hangers were really good, and the way how existing backers get to choose from the range and so on was very fair.

apparently your choice of hanger will impact upon where in the star citizen universe you are based. so, i'm going to go with the industrial one.

if there's one thing i learned playing EVE online, it's that mining asteroids from a spacecraft is the single most fun and awesome thing a human can do with their clothes on (note: clothes optional). so i'm hoping the industrial hangers will be in a chocolate assteroid rich part of the game.

"man with a chocolate face" - borat

yeah but you cant honestly tell me you dont see a considerable difference between them and the latest gamescom commercial video