Star Citizen Dev: Consoles Couldn't Handle The Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Sounds like hes saying hes lazy.

I bet the pcs out there is weaker then these console will be able play it

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@papatrop said:

@foxhound_fox said:

My Toshiba Satellite laptop (AMD A8-4500M 1.9 GHz QC, 8GB RAM and AMD Radeon 7640G) can't play the current dog-fighting module's "Vanduul Swarm" mode at a playable framerate.

And I've maxed games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, DmC: Devil May Cry and Mass Effect 2/3 at 1366x768.

It'll be a cold day in hell when the current gen consoles get Star Citizen.

I could never game on a laptop. Not seriously at least.

It works fine. It's nice to be able to play games while the GF watches a movie in the same room). I use either M+KB or 360 gamepad. Aside from Star Citizen, it has run everything I've thrown at it.

You ever plan to get a desktop? I've seen you post about PC gaming quite a bit. I didn't know you were using a laptop.

I'm not one for laptops because I enjoy my full-size screen (though it only goes to 1080p), and my gaming mouse. I just recently got a mechanical keyboard as well which is soooooooooooooooo nice. Only spent $60 on it as well which is cool considering the prices of some.

Though I'm more about price, and I don't live with situations that might require a laptop for gaming. I've got my desktop for home use, and a cheapo laptop for portable work. My friend just upgraded from his gaming laptop (of 3 years) to a desktop, and found it to be world-changing. It's pretty nice if you've never had one.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

" We wanted to create a game that showed everyone the capabilities of PC, for those that have fun building configurations with double GPUs and liquid cooling, who no doubt were frustrated to not be able to fully use the potential of their machines."

Ok so you need double GPU´s and liquid cooling to play this game...wonder how many of those 10% gaming rigs using that...i have a feeling this game will sell bad.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

LOL, everyone falling for sam's troll move.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@sam890 said:

UC4 & The Order still looks better.

Take that Kamille

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

" We wanted to create a game that showed everyone the capabilities of PC, for those that have fun building configurations with double GPUs and liquid cooling, who no doubt were frustrated to not be able to fully use the potential of their machines."

Ok so you need double GPU´s and liquid cooling to play this game...wonder how many of those 10% gaming rigs using that...i have a feeling this game will sell bad.

It's being built to sell specifically to a very limited market, so what constitutes as "bad" in comparison to the entirety of the gaming industry will not be "bad" for the devs of the game.

The game has surpassed $48 million in crowd funding from 500k people. Perhaps those 500k people are the only people who'll play the game. That's all the devs want. They're fully aware of how limited their market is which is specifically why they are here telling us that the game is for people with beastly computers.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I guess I'm just not seeing what's so special or amazing about this game that it couldn't be on the consoles. Footage Ive seen doesn't grab me. They are welcome to keep it PC exclusive as far as I'm concerned.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 aroxx_ab

@papatrop said:

@aroxx_ab said:

It's being built to sell specifically to a very limited market, so what constitutes as "bad" in comparison to the entirety of the gaming industry will not be "bad" for the devs of the game.

The game has surpassed $48 million in crowd funding from 500k people. Perhaps those 500k people are the only people who'll play the game. That's all the devs want. They're fully aware of how limited their market is which is specifically why they are here telling us that the game is for people with beastly computers.

Ok but that sounds like kinda expensive game consider the average PC gamer only can afford those $1-5 games on steam sales

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 sam890
@deadline-zero0 said:

LOL, everyone falling for sam's troll move.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Star Citizen's looking pretty unimpressive since the new Next gen exclusives have been revealed.

Sorry Hermits. You're gonna need a $4000 rig to play this game and thats only because it's going to be horribly optimized.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@scottpsfan14: Wait, aren't you the one who's always trashing Ryse anyway? Or is it Tormentos? Anyway, personally, i've always said Ryse, KZ, Infamous, Crysis 3, all look impressive.

But i'll agree that pinpointing the "best graphical game" is hard. The more inclosed the environments are, the easier it is to make a game look better, for example. Honestly, if the game isn't good, i really don't carehow good the gfx is. Batman AK having such great looking graphics is the icingon the cake to a game that looks awesome, IMHO.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sam890

@Pray_to_me said:

Star Citizen's looking pretty unimpressive since the new Next gen exclusives have been revealed.

Sorry Hermits. You're gonna need a $4000 rig to play this game and thats only because it's going to be horribly optimized.

$4000 rig ? NO game requires more than 2k to max out.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Is the TC a PC gamer now?

lem hiding behind pc, lems are now officially ashamed they support xbone

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Nothing on next gen consoles touch this game.

Also: why do you think PC won't have the best gfx this gen...when it has the best gfx every gen so far? Whats new this gen?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

This is trollbait right? Or are you that ignorant?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Wasdie said:

@Pray_to_me said:

are you two gentlemen not formally introduced?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Might build a new Pc next year for this.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

So thsi game will only run on very high end system, and not pc spec comparable to next gen console? This cuts at least 90% of market, then cutting more of piracy and people who wait for sale to buy game. Aiming for very small consumer segment if this is the case.

I guess this is ok when raising so much money already, but a lot of donor will not be able to run this game and disappointed... I think game look very good however and I hope it is good and strong community.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@papatrop said:

You ever plan to get a desktop? I've seen you post about PC gaming quite a bit. I didn't know you were using a laptop.

I'm not one for laptops because I enjoy my full-size screen (though it only goes to 1080p), and my gaming mouse. I just recently got a mechanical keyboard as well which is soooooooooooooooo nice. Only spent $60 on it as well which is cool considering the prices of some.

Though I'm more about price, and I don't live with situations that might require a laptop for gaming. I've got my desktop for home use, and a cheapo laptop for portable work. My friend just upgraded from his gaming laptop (of 3 years) to a desktop, and found it to be world-changing. It's pretty nice if you've never had one.

Yeah, it's on the horizon (I'm going to need one to play Star Citizen, as I have $100 USD invested in the game currently).

My friend who got me into SC (gifted me a LTI Freelancer game package for no reason other than being extremely generous) is offering to "lend" (read: give) me his old PC parts that he isn't using to help me build a fairly decent rig within my budget. Ultimately, I'd like to build something that can run SC maxed, but need to start small with a good foundation then go from there.

But since I'm currently unemployed, I can't start building one till I get a job that not only pays the bills, but let's me save some good money away for parts (and an engagement ring for my girlfriend).

@aroxx_ab said:
i have a feeling this game will sell bad.

Sell bad? It's got nearly 500,000 backers who have invested over $48 million to date and the pledge window will be open until the game is released in final form (with the release of a new ship model, it almost always goes up by $600,000-$1M in a few days).

It's already "sold" incredibly well, and far exceeded Chris Roberts' expectations (the original crowd funding campaign wanted only $500K (IIRC)). There is no potential loss this project could suffer. It's already made the money they invested back and then some.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Star Citizen truly looks fantastic. Probably the single most technically advanced game out there. And I like space games (I suppose). It's just that I find games with more art style and character more impressive. This has a very computery, and clinical look I dislike. But as technically impressive as it gets of course.

You should check out the Asteroid Hangar video they released recently. A very organic looking environment.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 foxhound_fox

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

So thsi game will only run on very high end system, and not pc spec comparable to next gen console? This cuts at least 90% of market, then cutting more of piracy and people who wait for sale to buy game. Aiming for very small consumer segment if this is the case.

I guess this is ok when raising so much money already, but a lot of donor will not be able to run this game and disappointed... I think game look very good however and I hope it is good and strong community.

What sales? People have already bought their access to the game, and then some.

The average backer has pledged $96.50 USD so far.

Apparently PC gamers are willing to pay well over retail MSRP for something they really, really want.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sam890

@Heil68 said:

Dat Broadwell

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By aroxx_ab

@foxhound_fox:

Ah sorry that is right, if you count 500k sold is good so sure...is that normal "good" numbers for indie games? I was comparing it to those AAA-games consider all the hyping hermits doing about this game...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@sam890 said:

@Heil68 said:

Dat Broadwell

I'd be happy with an I7. :P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By foxhound_fox

@aroxx_ab said:

@foxhound_fox:

Ah sorry that is right, if you count 500k sold is good so sure...is that normal "good" numbers for indie games? I was comparing it to those AAA-games consider all the hyping hermits doing about this game...

Star Citizen is an indie game with a greater-than-AAA budget ($10-20M is "normal" for a AAA game these days).

Let that mull around in that noggin of yours for a while.

It's being marketed to a very specific crowd of gamers. Cloud Imperium isn't trying to get everyone and their grandmother to play it. They have made a game that people want to play, and are paying a lot of money for the privilege. More than any modern console retail MSRP.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I guess Star Citizen hitting $48 Million in crowd funding has rattled a few cages. Come back again in a few weeks when they hit $49 Million

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 foxhound_fox

@GarGx1 said:

I guess Star Citizen hitting $48 Million in crowd funding has rattled a few cages. Come back again in a few weeks when they hit $49 Million

Weeks? If they release another new ship for sale, it'll hit it in a day or two.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#82 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Not really news is this? TC I know you're a lem but if its too powerful for PS4 then WiiU and X1 don't measure up for it either.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@foxhound_fox:

What a joke. Get a real PC.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@sam890 said:

I see lems are hiding behind PCs just like Cows were last gen. Coincidence ?

@ghostwarrior786 said:

that must mean 90% pc cant handle it either considering ps4 is more powerful than most pc

#beggar racer owned

#selfownage

#hashtag abuse

Can I get some sources ?

no u may not

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

Sounds like hes saying hes lazy.

I bet the pcs out there is weaker then these console will be able play it

Depends if they bother optimizing those weaker pc spec

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 sam890

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sam890 said:

I see lems are hiding behind PCs just like Cows were last gen. Coincidence ?

@ghostwarrior786 said:

that must mean 90% pc cant handle it either considering ps4 is more powerful than most pc

#beggar racer owned

#selfownage

#hashtag abuse

Can I get some sources ?

no u may not

Meaning you have none and you pulled that statistic out of your arse

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

10% of PC's is still more than the current number of PS4's sold.

Collectively, between the Xbox One and PS4, we're past 15 million units sold.

You think there are more gaming PCs than that which are more powerful than the next-gen consoles?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

To play the game? lolno. Running it maxed, at high resolutions will likely need something pretty damn powerful.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By foxhound_fox

@highking_kallor said:

@foxhound_fox:

What a joke. Get a real PC.

It plays most games at medium or higher with 30+ fps. Its a real PC.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

more like consoles didn't want the game, which is why they needed crowd funding LOL.

lame

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

Collectively, between the Xbox One and PS4, we're past 15 million units sold.

You think there are more gaming PCs than that which are more powerful than the next-gen consoles?

There were an estimated one billion plus PC's in use worldwide as of 2008... 10% of that is 100 million. This, naturally, utilizing Ghostwarrior's percentage.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Any way, **** Star Citizen. Who needs it when you can have this..

Loading Video...

try Colony Wars on the PS1

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I guess I'm not buying this game then. My PC is only slightly more powerful then my PS4. I'm sure that its the same for many out there.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#94  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Wasdie said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I can imagine this game will take far more power than whats actually physically required of GPU's to run this game. Do you disagree?

Due to the fact that I can play a completely unoptimized version of the game on my GTX 780, I'm going to disagree heavily. I run it at high settings at 2560x1440 at about 40 FPS despite the completely unoptimized state the game is currently in.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Xbone is even weaker? lol?

@FreedomFreeLife said:

PLAYSTATION 4 IS WEAK CONSOLE FOR NOOBS!!!

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

And we have known this for some time now.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Wasdie said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I can imagine this game will take far more power than whats actually physically required of GPU's to run this game. Do you disagree?

Due to the fact that I can play a completely unoptimized version of the game on my GTX 780, I'm going to disagree heavily. I run it at high settings at 2560x1440 at about 40 FPS despite the completely unoptimized state the game is currently in.

What's the spread in quality between high and maxed out?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Best looking game? There are lots of 'good looking' games out there for me. Crysis 3 is one of them actually. They really have some great looking environments and lighting going in that game. I would have to say Ryse is the most visually spectacular game i've seen on any platform. And no I'm not talking about image quality, I mean the whole look of the game. It truly looks like CGI. People are really impressed by how that Uncharted 4 trailer looks, but I say that Ryse isn't that far behind in actual looks.

Quite honestly, this is Cryteks best graphics work to date. Especially the actual assets themselves and the use of PBR that makes it look real.

It's just a shame it doesn't get much recognition by PC/PS4 gamers for graphics since it's on the weaker console. The fact is, it's probably the most technically impressice games out there. If this was on PC in super high resolutions with perhaps better textures here and there, hermits would probably agree.

Justice is blind with Ryse visually.

Ryse looks good, I wouldn't say it's technologically the best game, though. So far only the character models have impressed me. If you read their whitepaper, they actually explain how hard it was to push some of tech and how they never achieved some of the effects they originally hoped for. Lots of effects have been omitted from the gameplay and only have found their way in the cutscenes (they also have been bastardized). The waves for example.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

More like console gamers don't want the game. Why would we when Destiny is almost upon us? :-/

Start them petitions, PC beggars. Oh wait...already started.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Well I just broke down and bought an Avenger and am downloading the early access stuff now. I've been looking for something to challenge the new cards.