Star Citizen Booms with Awesomeness

• 128 results
#101 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3713 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

The racing trailer looks good, and the FPS trailer.... but need some actual gameplay!

This will destroy my computer....

gotta laugh at the typical cow trolls showing up "LULZ NO MANS SKY"

@Cloud_imperium said:

@NoodleFighter said:

Cows really think that a $50 million and growing, with veterans behind games such as Freelancer can't make a game that can compare to one made by like 4 guys which is probably their first time making a space sim gam.

Yeah , it's sad that people judge games while taking their preferred platform into consideration , instead of looking at actual content . No Man's Sky looks really good and I'm really looking forward to it but Star Citizen is a different beast .

There's a lot of blind faith being placed in this game that I find rather humorous is all. I'm sure it'll be good but damn so little has been seen of it's apparent "Potential."

We've seen a lot more about Star Citizen than 2 trailers of No Man's Sky .

#102 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@SimplyFatal said:

@ReadingRainbow4: That's mainly because they have been working on the Crysis engine to their liking. They have to re-work so many things for it to be able to do what they desire. It's not that easy...

Once they have that done, they will be showing off planetary exploration. It's easy to show off ships, space combat, and fps because it requires less of programming. not to mention they can use many of the assets from the fps crysis.

That's great and all but I'd rather see something proving that. Talk is cheap, I want to see this grand vision of theirs.

#103 Edited by BloodyTides (151 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

The racing trailer looks good, and the FPS trailer.... but need some actual gameplay!

This will destroy my computer....

gotta laugh at the typical cow trolls showing up "LULZ NO MANS SKY"

@Cloud_imperium said:

@NoodleFighter said:

Cows really think that a $50 million and growing, with veterans behind games such as Freelancer can't make a game that can compare to one made by like 4 guys which is probably their first time making a space sim gam.

Yeah , it's sad that people judge games while taking their preferred platform into consideration , instead of looking at actual content . No Man's Sky looks really good and I'm really looking forward to it but Star Citizen is a different beast .

There's a lot of blind faith being placed in this game that I find rather humorous is all. I'm sure it'll be good but damn so little has been seen of it's apparent "Potential."

We've seen a lot more about Star Citizen than 2 trailers of No Man's Sky .

Exactly and than these trolls showing up bringing up No Man's Sky makes it look like their desperate for something like Star Citizen.

#104 Posted by airshocker (29910 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

why every Western space related game always takes something from A Space Odyssey 2001 and from Blade Runner when it's cyberpunk. Like seriously, this is something that never fails.

So what? There should be anime girls wearing barely-there space suits? No thanks. I like my games as realistic as possible. You can keep your anime crap.

#105 Posted by airshocker (29910 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

They should release a downloadable tech demo to see if our current rigs can handle it. I've got FX 8350 and R9 290 and I even doubt it can run the game beyond medium settings - let alone 4K.

There is. It's called Arena Commander. It runs on my PC fine.

#106 Posted by SimplyFatal (1115 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: Well then wait... It takes time to make a game.

#107 Posted by foxhound_fox (88743 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Blind? We are seeing the entire development process of the game (something we never see normally, outside of CGI trailers and bullshots). People wouldn't be investing an average of $100 a person to play "potential". They clearly see more here than you do. That's $40 more than the average game at retail.

A friend of mine is in for almost $4000. He believes in the talent of the development team and trusts in their vision and ability to properly manage the money he's given them. He was one of the original backers from the beginning. He loved Chris Roberts' games from decades past and wants him to succeed yet again.

If anything, the only "blind faith" is the hyping of games like The Order 1886. Where we've seen less than two minutes of gameplay, a bunch of CGI images and trailers, and know nothing about what's going to be in the game besides grainy cinematic Victorian TPS action. For Star Citizen, they've laid out a whole plan and are detailing every miniscule detail for all backers to see clearly and decide whether or not they will invest money in the game.

Honestly, this method will be the future of gaming. Where people back the games they want to see made, and games that over-promise and under-deliver are a thing of the past.

#108 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Blind? We are seeing the entire development process of the game (something we never see normally, outside of CGI trailers and bullshots). People wouldn't be investing an average of $100 a person to play "potential". They clearly see more here than you do. That's $40 more than the average game at retail.

A friend of mine is in for almost $4000. He believes in the talent of the development team and trusts in their vision and ability to properly manage the money he's given them. He was one of the original backers from the beginning. He loved Chris Roberts' games from decades past and wants him to succeed yet again.

If anything, the only "blind faith" is the hyping of games like The Order 1886. Where we've seen less than two minutes of gameplay, a bunch of CGI images and trailers, and know nothing about what's going to be in the game besides grainy cinematic Victorian TPS action. For Star Citizen, they've laid out a whole plan and are detailing every miniscule detail for all backers to see clearly and decide whether or not they will invest money in the game.

Honestly, this method will be the future of gaming. Where people back the games they want to see made, and games that over-promise and under-deliver are a thing of the past.

Pray tell, who's been hyping the order? I've just seen it mentioned for it's visuals.

I'm not saying this games gonna be shit or anything, but the constant comparisons to No man's Sky seem a bit daft when We've seen barely anything at all of Star Citizen concerning exploration, which seems to be a key feature of the former.

#109 Posted by foxhound_fox (88743 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Pray tell, who's been hyping the order? I've just seen it mentioned for it's visuals.

Wow, that was such a quick response, there wouldn't have been time to read my whole post.

#110 Posted by WallofTruth (1746 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

When the full game is out for sale, i'll care.

This.

#111 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Wow, that was such a quick response, there wouldn't have been time to read my whole post.

You'd be surprised how fast I can read then.

Also, edited. Hurdur.

#112 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Heil68 said:

When the full game is out for sale, i'll care.

This.

That's basically what I've been saying as well. I'm sorry for not placing my unwavering faith in Chris Roberts guys.

Simply, show me the money.

#113 Edited by BloodyTides (151 posts) -
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I'm not saying this games gonna be shit or anything, but the constant comparisons to No man's Sky seem a bit daft when We've seen barely anything at all of Star Citizen concerning exploration, which seems to be a key feature of the former.

lol wonder who's been constantly comparing SC to No Man Sky.

Sorry for them showing more on the space combat when its a space sim

#114 Edited by CroidX (1138 posts) -

@bloodytides said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

games that over-promise and under-deliver are a thing of the past.

lol wonder who's been constantly comparing SC to No Man Sky.

Sorry for them showing more on the space combat when its a space sim

Yep now there getting to the other stuff which is real exciting.

Now what I wonder is what part are people actually excited for in NMS. Are they even interested in the space combat since little has been shown a least SC has already shown plenty of that because of course its a space game.

#115 Edited by BloodyTides (151 posts) -

@CroidX:

Honestly if your not bought on the space combat and everything related to it I see no point in bothering with SC. I feel the same way for NMS but we seen little to none while we seen crucial elements that are important in SC.

Seems like some people are trying to defend NMS by saying SC hasn't shown its other features yet NMS being a also a space game has very little demonstrated on its space combat or anything concerning it what so ever.

#116 Posted by airshocker (29910 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So then wait, just like the rest of us. Every single system that they've announced has been revealed and explained at some point. What makes you think exploration will be any different?

#117 Edited by airshocker (29910 posts) -
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

That's basically what I've been saying as well. I'm sorry for not placing my unwavering faith in Chris Roberts guys.

Simply, show me the money.

But the thing is: You have no idea who is placing unwavering faith in Chris Roberts and who isn't. There's a reason people still continue to give money to this project: We keep getting provided more and more information on the game. This is the most transparent development process I've ever been a part of. I'm playing EVERYTHING that Chris Roberts has said I would be playing. That's not placing unwavering faith, that's called earning trust. I trust Chris Roberts because he's come through on EVERYTHING he has promised thus far.

You don't have to support Star Citizen but what you don't have the right to do is disparage the game and its creators.

#118 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3713 posts) -

Guys , just let them troll . No need to explain anything , they'll always come up with some new BS excuses . Thing is , lot of the stuff Star Citizen promises has already been done in Freelancer (created by same team) . Star Citizen is next gen version of it . They are not rookies .

They say NMS is better , without ever seeing single extended gameplay footage (and just 2 flashy trailers) . Most of of the people comparing NMS (created by 4 people) to Star Citizen (created by over 200 veterans) are those who won't be able to play the game on their preferred platform .

Whenever someone invades threads/articles like these and troll for no reason , rest assured that the game looks amazing and making lot of people jelly .I'll be playing Elite Dangerous , No Man's Sky , Squadron 42 , Limit Theory and Star Citizen because all of these games will be available on PC (and all of them are unique in different way) , so good luck to NMS's devs. Let them troll , and let them miss most of these games and defend NMS to death , since that'll be only game available on their platform .

#119 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So then wait, just like the rest of us. Every single system that they've announced has been revealed and explained at some point. What makes you think exploration will be any different?

because people desperately want to watch something fail for no reason other than to justify their non purchase/non interest

#120 Posted by SimplyFatal (1115 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: Exactly. These guys repeat the same thing in their posts, its going back to the same discussion >.> This is why I don't bother to debate with people on these forums. That and I rather read them spew crap because well, its enjoyable...

#121 Edited by melonfarmerz (1189 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Guys , just let them troll . No need to explain anything , they'll always come up with some new BS excuses . Thing is , lot of the stuff Star Citizen promises has already been done in Freelancer (created by same team) . Star Citizen is next gen version of it . They are not rookies .

They say NMS is better , without ever seeing single extended gameplay footage (and just 2 flashy trailers) . Most of of the people comparing NMS (created by 4 people) to Star Citizen (created by over 200 veterans) are those who won't be able to play the game on their preferred platform .

Whenever someone invades threads/articles like these and troll for no reason , rest assured that the game looks amazing and making lot of people jelly .I'll be playing Elite Dangerous , No Man's Sky , Squadron 42 , Limit Theory and Star Citizen because all of these games will be available on PC (and all of them are unique in different way) , so good luck to NMS's devs. Let them troll , and let them miss most of these games and defend NMS to death , since that'll be only game available on their platform .

You're my hero

#122 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@airshocker said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

because people desperately want to watch something fail for no reason other than to justify their non purchase/non interest

I'd actually love if this turned out to be amazing, same thing with no man's sky.

I must confess, that the space combat just doesn't interest me all that much, I want to see this exploration some of the fan base has been yammering about so much.

Or maybe, both games will end up being superior in different ways. That's a pretty crazy concept right?

#123 Posted by NoodleFighter (7088 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: Don't forget Dreadnought man

LOL for the first time cows are defending an indie game made by 4 people against a AAA one

It's almost as if we swapped places, my goodness playstation fans will hype almost anything if its exclusive to their platform even "console exclusives"

Apparently they've forgotten that hype doesn't equal quality. Thats why most of their PS3 exclusives are dead especially multiplayer ones.

#124 Posted by kweeni (10924 posts) -

I'm actually pretty excited about the alien language thing. I'm surprised there isn't more talk about it(well, this is System Wars for a reason I guess...).

#125 Posted by Ben-Buja (3028 posts) -

This game is extremely ambitious, I hope it can live up to the hype

#126 Edited by KungfuKitten (21139 posts) -

So I have a constellation (don't ask), and I really disliked the bars in the cockpit...
And they release this constellation with an alternative cockpit that I can upgrade to...
Nope. I'm not going to spend more money on this.

I don't see myself playing a game like this with other people anyway. I think I'd rather be cruising around on my own in a little ship. I think LoL has made me a-social.
Either I go solo or start my own business in the game so that I can be an ingame psychopath.
But then that Phoenix variant could be what I'm looking for...
Nope. No. I really need that money for reallife things.

#127 Posted by milannoir (1558 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Amen to that; couldn't have said it better. Now's a great time to be a space sim fan, and it's ALWAYS a great time to be a PC gamer ;)

#128 Edited by DarthRamms (543 posts) -

lol look at @ReadingRainbow4 trying to say lame console trolls like @ps4hasnogames actually has a point when nothing he mention has been really shown. Everyone who has kept up with the game knows Chris Robert(Famous game developer of one of the best space games of all times) sold this game as a space sim and has clearly shown a lot of things relating to it.

All I have to say to cows on NMS is "lol" better find something else than one or two videos. Why even bother mentioning the game here lol.

@bloodytides

bu bu exploration and shit...... funny how a few minutes of gameplay and mention features can get people raging making multiple threads of literally the same thing. When a game already shown tons of content related to its theme has to be asked for more to meet expectation to people who aren't interested in the features the game will heavily revolve around during gameplay.

#129 Posted by SimplyFatal (1115 posts) -

@milannoir: Elite dangerous is going to come on top for now, until we see more of what Star Citizen has to offer. But, its great to have this moment again. I'll be playing most of them.