Star Citizen. 1 hour of goodness from Gamescom in HD

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

So this is what hermits have been drooling over all this time? Looks fucking boring.

@KillzoneSnake said:

Is this game supposed to be fun? I dont even find the gfx impressive... when i see The Order is like O.O when i see this its like ZzZz....

@Sushiglutton said:

This game makes me think of "The Emperor's New Clothes". Super hyped by its fans, but when I look at it all I see is really slow and dull gameplay presented in the most generic sci-fi style possible. The game is naked.

@Gue1 said:

indeed. It actually looks pretty bad.

Oh god the peasantry. The fact that you guys hype the most boring looking games (I:SS, The Order, No Man's Sky) just because they're on PS4 and dismiss anything, no matter how amazing, just because you can't play it, is ridiculous.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Gue1 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

So this is what hermits have been drooling over all this time? Looks fucking boring.

I'd like to know what looks "bad" about it. Because it's been years since I've been this excited about playing a game. Hell, it's probably been close to a decade since I've been this excited.

No cinematic 30 fps, no movie like black bars, no washed out grey palette, no fog everywhere to mask the textures, no hardcore god rays, no CGI cutscenes every 2 minutes, no QTE's. Is this even a game? Looks stupid.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Still looking amazing. By the time Arena Commander hits version 1 (we're at .8 right now) it will be as feature filled as a lot of games are on launch. I'm pumped.

The racing ended up looking a lot more fun than I was thinking it was going too. The multi-crew ships look every bit as awesome as I expected. The actual gameplay is all still very rough, but it is coming together. The trailers they put together are of the highest of quality. Games is stunning.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Can I still buy into this game?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Yes. You can buy the lowest level of ship package for $40 and get beta access then purchase instant alpha access for $5 more.

Or you can be me and spend nearly $150 to get a Hornet. I may have a problem.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Gue1 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

I'd like to know what looks "bad" about it. Because it's been years since I've been this excited about playing a game. Hell, it's probably been close to a decade since I've been this excited.

They're trolling.

The upsetting part is Gue's post count. I wouldn't expect someone as seasoned as him to be trolling so often. A quick look at his post history shows he's been doing it for quite some time.

yeah ok..lol

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

last night i watched this whole video. i really enjoyed it. at the moment i'm a backer with arena commander.

great they're introducing coop, now the mrs wants to play too - so once AC 0.9 comes out they'll have another backer.

really sensible choices regarding the hangers. first person gameplay coming at PAX, that's freaking awesome.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
@Wasdie said:

@clyde46 said:

Yes. You can buy the lowest level of ship package for $40 and get beta access then purchase instant alpha access for $5 more.

Or you can be me and spend nearly $150 to get a Hornet. I may have a problem.

If I didn't have a £100 parking fine then I'd be all over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Absolutely, dude. You can pretty much buy whatever ship or game package you want and then buy an arena commander module pass(it's $5) and you're set. Just be aware that some ships aren't flyable in AC just yet. I think only the Hornet, Aurora and 300i are flyable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@Wasdie said:

Still looking amazing. By the time Arena Commander hits version 1 (we're at .8 right now) it will be as feature filled as a lot of games are on launch. I'm pumped.

The racing ended up looking a lot more fun than I was thinking it was going too. The multi-crew ships look every bit as awesome as I expected. The actual gameplay is all still very rough, but it is coming together. The trailers they put together are of the highest of quality. Games is stunning.

Makes me regret not getting the M50 when I had the chance.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@rabakill said:

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_aTbgXTn8

And there's a difference between having an informed opinion and not.

So when people like you don't actually back up what you say, what are the rest of us to think? Give actual examples of why you think the gameplay isn't fun. Slow, boring, and empty with regards to what? Nothing that I've played, except for the solo flight mode, has been empty. Multiplayer combat in AC has been anything but slow and boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@rabakill said:

Loading Video...

and what pray tell, makes that any faster or more exciting than star citizen? its not faster, its not more action packed... the only recognisable advantage, is being a friggin star fox level easy flight....

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rabakill

@airshocker said:

@rabakill said:

So when people like you don't actually back up what you say, what are the rest of us to think? Give actual examples of why you think the gameplay isn't fun. Slow, boring, and empty with regards to what? Nothing that I've played, except for the solo flight mode, has been empty. Multiplayer combat in AC has been anything but slow and boring.

Very little going on at once, slow flight doesn't give an actual sense of speed, small scale conflicts, tedious shooting....... empty environments, annoying sounds.....

just because you like it doesn't make it objective, how about you tell me, besides graphics, what makes the core gameplay stand out above its competitors in terms of fun

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@rabakill said:

@airshocker said:

@rabakill said:

Very little going on at once, slow flight doesn't give an actual sense of speed, small scale conflicts, tedious shooting....... empty environments, annoying sounds.....

just because you like it doesn't make it objective, how about you tell me, besides graphics, what makes the core gameplay stand out above its competitors in terms of fun

see ? the ignorance again... Star Citizen will have 200+ ships in one zone... all you see now is alpha flight testing.

And clearly... by the racing footage shown, the Star Citizen Ships move a hell of a lot faster than star conflicts.... which is just a little star fox deathmatch/ctf game.... ugh it was a tedious grind fest.... with appaling space combat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@rabakill said:

@airshocker said:

@rabakill said:

"Very little going on at once," what? Multiple ships going head to head isn't enough for you? "Tedious shooting," what is tedious about it? "Empty environments," It's space...of course parts of it are going to be empty. It would have to be to facilitate ship vs ship combat in an arena(where there are places you can and can't go). I don't think you've actually played Arena Commander, though. If you had you'd realize there are actually a lot of objects and debris in the current maps.

The rest of what you mentioned is subjective.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

It looks mind blowing at times but how come that there are so many jaggies at 17:05-17:50? There it looks like the game is rendered at a fairly low resolution with no aa at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@rabakill: I think what you appreciate is simplified gameplay, which is what Star Conflict represents. Star Conflict isn't a space sim. It's really just a third-person shooter.

Star Citizen is a space sim. It's meant to simulate dogfighting. You can't make comparisons of the games because they're different types of games.

Now I'm not criticizing what you like, but to make criticisms of Star Citizen solely because it's more advanced than Star Conflict is disingenuous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@miiiiv said:

It looks mind blowing at times but how come that there are so many jaggies at 17:05-17:50? There it looks like the game is rendered at a fairly low resolution with no aa at all.

Was probably an issue with how they captured that footage. It doesn't look nearly that bad when I load up my hangar. Although the deluxe hangar(what they showed) is pretty ugly to begin with.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

The game looks quite good, the only thing that bothers me is the system requirements. To me it looks like they are not going to bother optimising the game for a set of hardware and it's going to run like shit on mid rage systems,

I hope I'm wrong.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Now we have to wait for PAX Australia for FPS combat

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rabakill

@MBirdy88: you should look up the word ignorance because you don't know what it means.

A real space sim wouldn't be at the speed of sound

The game does not look fun from what I've seen. The apologists can throw their rhetoric around but I'll wait until it looks fun before investing

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CrownKingArthur
@TheFadeForever said:

Now we have to wait for PAX Australia for FPS combat

i'm looking forward to that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@rabakill said:

you should look up the word ignorance because you don't know what it means.

The game does not look fun from what I've seen. The apologists can throw their rhetoric around but I'll wait until it looks fun before investing

Aside from some subjective viewpoints(which don't really make any sense if you think Star Conflict looks good), you haven't shown what doesn't make it fun.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@rabakill said:

@MBirdy88: you should look up the word ignorance because you don't know what it means.

your comment was pretty ignorant considering it was based on alpha gameplay taken place on a empty testing map. saying that there's very little going on shows just how little you understand the game and what its end goal is.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@rabakill said:

We just saw first release of pre alpha build of the game . It is currently version 0.8 . After two weeks , they are about to update it to version 0.9 . That alone brings tons of improvements and new features . They are even going to increase ships' speed (Plus new sound effects) . Did you even watch the video .?

This is just a pre alpha build to test the game . Final game will have 50+ Space Ships in same instance fighting one another . Campaign is still one year away from release . You know games aren't made in 1 day . They start somewhere and build rest of the game on it .

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

This looks like shit. Nothing like other pics that have been posted. Looks to be running on Mass Effect Engine.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lawlessx

@Heirren said:

This looks like shit. Nothing like other pics that have been posted. Looks to be running on Mass Effect Engine.

yup..the mass effect engine..thats exactly what its called

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@lawlessx said:

@Heirren said:

yup..the mass effect engine..thats exactly what its called

its funny because mass effect engine games are usually my favourite games on the citadel

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

This is my dream game ive been waiting for.....along with mass effect 4.

Tough choice between this and bloodborne lol

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lawlessx

A note from the chairmen:

At $53 million, we would like to look ahead to Star Citizen’s launch. One thing we’re doing today is drilling down how a lot of our post-launch systems will work: deciding how we discourage bad behavior within the confines of the Star Citizen universe, while at the same time letting players have as much fun and freedom as possible. What we’d like to experiment with on launch is the “Independent Arbitrator’s Guild,” a staffed position for taking care of certain player disputes without leaving our world. The stretch goal will earmark money to maintain this as a position at Cloud Imperium! Here’s the in-universe background:

• INDEPENDENT ARBITRATOR’S GUILD – Have you been wronged by your superiors? Has the member of your organization entrusted with watching the funds, been watching them go into their own pocket? Think you don’t have any recourse? You’re wrong. Fully licensed and bonded to work within the UEE and beyond, the Independent Arbitrator’s Guild allows citizens (and civilians, we don’t discriminate!) to file complaints against (or within) private organizations. Petition cases with our IAG representatives to have your voice heard and restitutions made. Is your business less than legitimate? IAG is only here to judge the matters you want us to. Confidentiality is guaranteed.

I like were this is going