Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

compare to

They found a bunch of hidden ships on a asteroid I wonder has anyone discover the same thing on the latest build. But **** it I'm still waiting for the FPS module.

And looks like SC still needs to optimize the renders for the engine more. The two games aren't far apart on a technical level with one being open world so it shows how far Star Citizen has come. UT having DX12 will give a advantage until SC also get's it.

Most importantly, Star Citizen 1.1 includes the launch of a number of new systems. Some, like the 64-bit conversion, are entirely ‘under the hood,’ while others are available for use today. The game now includes a new character rig, with smoother and better animations. The new dynamic damage system has been launched with the Gladius, and will eventually be applied to all old and new ships. Arena Commander also now features a landing system (detailed below), a new Mounts system with the introduction of Gimbal Mounts to the store and, likely most interesting for today’s pilot, the launch of the REC system. This is our first pass at rental credits, aimed to allow payment-free progression in Arena Commander. You can expect plenty of balancing in the coming days, so get out there and provide your feedback! As promised, all existing backers will get 5,000 REC to start things off!

You can see the entire change list in the 1.1 patch notes here.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

dat blonde babe

was that lock suppose to be a throw back to wing commander?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Not sure i get the comparison. Both games are still in alpha states so they'll receive tuning.

They're comparable in terms of quality, but SC is going environments on a much larger scale with large degree of environmental interactivity.

Has much has i love, and can't wait for, UT4 and it does look amazing, it's scale makes makes the comparison flawed.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarthRamms

@deadline-zero0 said:

Not sure i get the comparison. Both games are still in alpha states so they'll receive tuning.

They're comparable in terms of quality, but SC is going environments on a much larger scale with large degree of environmental interactivity.

Has much has i love, and can't wait for, UT4 and it does look amazing, it's scale makes makes the comparison flawed.

Its show how impressive the game is pulling off graphics comparable to one with less environments to render

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

Will play both and keep following them onto release date.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Both I'm super excited for but ya like others said I'm not understanding the comparison. Both are next generation engines but they are going for such different kinds of games that it's kind of hard to compare them in anyway other then that. Alpha code for both though so we all know this isn't anywhere near as good looking as both these tittles are going to get.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

The thing with Unreal Tournament's renderer is it's supposed to be a showcase for the Unreal 4 engine. So it's very polished already.

With Star Citizen they've had to redo the backend. They can't use traditional level mapping techniques because it's just not good enough for their worlds. Until they finish this, graphic rendering is kind of secondary. They can't do culling and whatnot until that stuff is finished so it's all a crapshoot on performance. Until they know what they can do they can't really work on the renderer.

CIG did hire a bunch of engineers from Crytek and they are working on the "Star Engine" right now. They call their build of the CryEngine 3 the "Star Engine" and apparently Chris Roberts has some very exciting stuff to show us about how CIG is now pretty much independent from Crytek all together. He got really excited teasing it a couple weeks back.

Right now Arena Commander has unbelievably high resolution assets but the actual renderer is unoptimized and really mess. No proper LoDing, no proper culling, no AA at all, no AF, default CryEngine settings all around.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CroidX

@Wasdie:

Wasn't CIG always independent from Crytek

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wasdie  Moderator

@CroidX: Technically. But they always were still relying on Crytek for the renderer of the CryEngine.

I don't think Chris Roberts liked that.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@CroidX said:

dat blonde babe

was that lock suppose to be a throw back to wing commander?

Yes.

@deadline-zero0 said:

This. Final version will look a lot better. Not to mention, Graphics are more than pretty rooms. SC will be more demanding (destructible environments, ship parts, animations, scale and other stuff). Both games look next gen.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CroidX

@Wasdie said:

@CroidX: Technically. But they always were still relying on Crytek for the renderer of the CryEngine.

Good Crytek is going under anyways they may as well develop their own engine

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

Undeniably impressive even at a early stage

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

The new module can't come anytime soon

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Both are testament to the power of modern PC's and still have a long way to go.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarthRamms

@GarGx1 said:

Both are testament to the power of modern PC's and still have a long way to go.

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yes.

This. Final version will look a lot better. Not to mention, Graphics are more than pretty rooms. SC will be more demanding (destructible environments, ship parts, animations, scale and other stuff). Both games look next gen.

@Wasdie said:

Star Citizen 1.1 is live

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

nice.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

The Order looks better...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Constellation Phoenix looks so nice

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarthRamms

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

Nope Better luck next time and do bring your other alt account here LOL

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@DarthRamms said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

You pixelated that screenshot through photoshop, it looks nothing like that.

The ORder is currently the top lookign game, just ask GioVela he owns a PC better than any nerdmit here.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@DarthRamms said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

The ORder is currently the top lookign game, just ask GioVela he owns a PC better than any nerdmit here.

gpuking aka Giovela was the first one to post that that screen lol

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarthRamms

@TheFadeForever said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

gpuking aka Giovela was the first one to post that that screen lol

yep owned

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS: Then why is his PC ranked where it is in the Benchmark thread in the PC Discussion Board?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#25 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Unreal Tournament looks more impressive in terms of graphical quality, but Star Citizen looks more impressive in terms of scale.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

GD those ships look amazing.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

graphics looks worse than PS4. this is what hermits have been boasting about? lol

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

This Star Citizen looks impressive. Is there going to be a dick version of the game? If the rumors are right I'm not even going to attempt to get the digital version. That install size would be a third of Comcast's data cap.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Correction to my last post I meant to say disk not dick. smh

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts
Loading Video...

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Version 1.1 looks cool but I just found out that I have to re-download the whole game again to play it. :(

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:
Loading Video...

lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Good to see the usual crowd of muppets trying to discredit SC.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Incredible. Game of forever in the making.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I'm sorry but there's nothing special about the way it looks apart from the super sharp jaggies that hurt my eyes.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@walloftruth said:

Unreal Tournament 4 looks better. Alone the lighting is quite a bit better, which makes a big difference. UT can easily be mistaken for CGI, while Star Citizen still looks like a video game at any time.

Now the thing is though, I haven't played SC yet, so I'm judging this from the screenshots and videos I saw. Also SC obviously has a way bigger world and more interactivity, so it's obviously harder to make it look as good as UT.

having played both I give the edge to SC

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Shall we ignore how poor 1.1 launch is? ... again.... delays.... and not even polished... hell the Multiplayer Servers are down until "monday when we are all back at the office" .... The FPS module has been delayed a full month (no doubt social module even longer).

2.5 years in and still now Multicrew ships or any signs of any other ship roles outside of pew pew....

I've lost patience with it..... they clearly have the money, but the talent doesn't appear to be there.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Shall we ignore how poor 1.1 launch is? ... again.... delays.... and not even polished... hell the Multiplayer Servers are down until "monday when we are all back at the office" .... The FPS module has been delayed a full month (no doubt social module even longer).

2.5 years in and still now Multicrew ships or any signs of any other ship roles outside of pew pew....

I've lost patience with it..... they clearly have the money, but the talent doesn't appear to be there.

I hope you realise 2.5 years is not a long time at all. Most games take years to develop. They aim to officially launch this game in late 2016 which would give it about 4 years of development time or a little longer with delays. That sounds about right.

This being an alpha, issues and lack of polish(idk what you were expecting here) are normal... And delays are common thing in this industry, shit happens. The money and talent are both there, all that's needed is time...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@kweeni said:

@MBirdy88 said:

I hope you realise 2.5 years is not a long time at all. Most games take years to develop. They aim to officially launch this game in late 2016 which would give it about 4 years of development time or a little longer with delays. That sounds about right.

This being an alpha, issues and lack of polish(idk what you were expecting here) are normal... And delays are common thing in this industry, shit happens. The money and talent are both there, all that's needed is time...

Yup, lets keep making that tired excuse.... I'm sure that will still be said in 2016 when we are still in PU alpha ... because they can't get their act together like many other non whip-lashed publisher-free games.....

Arena Commander 2.0 in Q2 ..... hahahahahah .... I bet it'l be late Q3 early Q4 .... SQ42 and PU alpha? this year? at this rate... please.....

The company cannot keep it together.... most features are still on paper... because it's taking them ages to get the damn what-every-other-game-has-already done basics down on a clearly poor choice of engine.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wasdie  Moderator
Loading Video...

So amazing.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wasdie  Moderator

@MBirdy88: Content should start flowing on an almost bi-weekly basis now. 1.1 represented teh shift to the double floating bit precision for the engine and the integration of the "large world" tech is coming in a week or so. Then the FPS module.

Once the large-world tech is in the multicrew ships can flyable.

The engine needed basically a new mapping system on the backend to accommodate the world sizes and were necessary for the larger ships. They've moved their tree structures that contain all of the level data to a new format. Without that, the multicrew ships couldn't happen.

The procedrual generation of the hull's outer shell and damage states also represents a huge chunk of R&D that will allow them to now quickly iterate on the multicrew ships while drastically improving performance (especially vRAM).

You can continue to be cynical but there is no indication that they aren't going to hit their releases. This is pretty standard game development for a new IP. You're just not used to being exposed to software that is nowhere near complete. Once major structure changes are defined and implemented, iterating on new features and content is the next step. They've also been working with Google for the matchmaking system and they just moved over to a global network that doesn't care about regions (which is why there were the bugs for 1.1).

It's still an alpha build of the game. Shit is going to break.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Wasdie said:
Loading Video...

So amazing.

and people say SC doesn't have "a sense of speed"

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@kweeni said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Yup, lets keep making that tired excuse.... I'm sure that will still be said in 2016 when we are still in PU alpha ... because they can't get their act together like many other non whip-lashed publisher-free games.....

Arena Commander 2.0 in Q2 ..... hahahahahah .... I bet it'l be late Q3 early Q4 .... SQ42 and PU alpha? this year? at this rate... please.....

The company cannot keep it together.... most features are still on paper... because it's taking them ages to get the damn what-every-other-game-has-already done basics down on a clearly poor choice of engine.

It's not an excuse m8, it's a fact. Games of this scale take years of development, ~2 years is nothing. You thinks games like GTA and The Elder Scrolls are made in such a short time? Even fucking Destiny took like 6 years iirc. The only difference is that those companies can develop their game behind closed doors and can announce it when the time is right. This is not an option for CIG which is why it might seem like SC is taking an eternity to make when it's actually nothing out the ordinary.

You're only making random assumptions about the future and are pretending said assumptions to be fact. Fallacy right there. Delays happen often at CIG, like AC 1.1 recently, but not by months or a year. It was pretty bad in the beginning but they've got much better at it.

And I clearly told you that delays are a common thing in this industry(and everywhere else for that matter), hell a big one happened recently with UC4, no reason to pick on SC for it. But sure lets ignore this detail.

You say they can't keep it together. Because there happen to be delays? Lol. (see above)
Because you think most features are still on paper? Another random assumption. Also, priorities.
Engine choice? I don't see what's so bad about it, please explain.

Minus the delays they've delivered on their promises well so far and I see no reason for why this should suddenly stop. I have the impression that you're just hating on this game for the hell of it or are just trolling for attention, whichever. Not that I expect any better from System Wars of course.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DEadliNE-Zero0

@shibua said:

I think they had to downgrade the graphics because STEAM survey's show that the majority of Hermits own mid range PC's

what downgrade?

@Wasdie said:
Loading Video...

So amazing.

For some reason, the ships don't come off has fast while playing. He must be going at top speed

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

I think they had to downgrade the graphics because STEAM survey's show that the majority of Hermits own weakass PC's

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Wasdie said:

@MBirdy88: Content should start flowing on an almost bi-weekly basis now. 1.1 represented teh shift to the double floating bit precision for the engine and the integration of the "large world" tech is coming in a week or so. Then the FPS module.

Once the large-world tech is in the multicrew ships can flyable.

The engine needed basically a new mapping system on the backend to accommodate the world sizes and were necessary for the larger ships. They've moved their tree structures that contain all of the level data to a new format. Without that, the multicrew ships couldn't happen.

The procedrual generation of the hull's outer shell and damage states also represents a huge chunk of R&D that will allow them to now quickly iterate on the multicrew ships while drastically improving performance (especially vRAM).

You can continue to be cynical but there is no indication that they aren't going to hit their releases. This is pretty standard game development for a new IP. You're just not used to being exposed to software that is nowhere near complete. Once major structure changes are defined and implemented, iterating on new features and content is the next step. They've also been working with Google for the matchmaking system and they just moved over to a global network that doesn't care about regions (which is why there were the bugs for 1.1).

It's still an alpha build of the game. Shit is going to break.

I hope your right Wasdie.... I truly do.

Probably getting abit burned out. These extra servers at 7PM better do the trick! I want to actually... play... hopefully the playerbase is far more active now that the REC system comes in.

I hope they do churn out more content fast now though.... 6 months of A.C and only 2 maps.. its getting stale.