STALKER Clear Sky Tech demo video up on steam (high quality)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

this is the same video that was shown a few months ago...but this is a direct, and much higher quality version.

and the graphics....are really really good...atmosphere is top notch to...but the lighting is the best I have ever seen, hands down.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=5037&cc=US

to watch the HD video, you are gonna need to have steam installed.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
the steam video has been up for a while...maybe a week or so
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Saw it a couple days ago... nearly **** my pants when I saw it. Surprising that it is this game and not Crysis that is forcing me to get a new DX10 capable computer... problem is, I really don't want to use Vista.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Saw it a couple days ago... nearly **** my pants when I saw it. Surprising that it is this game and not Crysis that is forcing me to get a new DX10 capable computer... problem is, I really don't want to use Vista.foxhound_fox

learn to boot both? seems like teh best option if you ask me.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
Looks real nice!
haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts

Saw it a couple days ago... nearly **** my pants when I saw it. Surprising that it is this game and not Crysis that is forcing me to get a new DX10 capable computer... problem is, I really don't want to use Vista.foxhound_fox

Don't worry, Vista today =/= Vista at launch.
It is just as stable as Xp nowadays.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Cant wait for it.

As long as its a bit more open than the first, and doesent have loading screens inbetween (large) areas - or the annoying guy at the bar ("I said come in dont stand there, I said come in dont stand there, I said come in dont stand there") It'll be a truly amazing game.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Can you release a **** ** * * *** *** ** playable demo yet, GSC? :|

Obviously, playable demo > nonplayable demo or video > screenshot > text description.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 foxhound_fox
learn to boot both? seems like teh best option if you ask me.warmaster670

I just don't want Vista on my computer... I don't care about dual booting. I would love for Linux to be fully game capable then I would have no need for Windows at all.
Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts
looks amaing....wondeing if my set up will run this in ful settings
TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
It looks pretty but the first game was a disappointment imo, the gameplay felt weird and u couldnt aim very well(the weapons were awful that rifle at the beginning was just bad), the graphics were average at best(i played the game on high) and the rpg elements felt weird.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxhound_fox
It looks pretty but the first game was a disappointment imo, the gameplay felt weird and u couldnt aim very well(the weapons were awful that rifle at the beginning was just bad), the graphics were average at best(i played the game on high) and the rpg elements felt weird.TanKLoveR

The combat was supposed to be "realistic" in that crappy guns shot crappily and good guns shot goodily. The G36 look-alike was God. Experiencing the Zone alone is worth a play through of the game. **** the story. There is nothing else like it and GSC Game World deserves more praise for doing something relatively unique.
TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

[QUOTE="TanKLoveR"]It looks pretty but the first game was a disappointment imo, the gameplay felt weird and u couldnt aim very well(the weapons were awful that rifle at the beginning was just bad), the graphics were average at best(i played the game on high) and the rpg elements felt weird.foxhound_fox

The combat was supposed to be "realistic" in that crappy guns shot crappily and good guns shot goodily. The G36 look-alike was God. Experiencing the Zone alone is worth a play through of the game. **** the story. There is nothing else like it and GSC Game World deserves more praise for doing something relatively unique.

I guess STALKER is some what of an acquired taste, either you enjoy all the elements it introduced or u dont, i guess im a bit more casual. I enjoyed hl2,crysis and bioshock a lot more. I played the game for like 8 hours and i really didnt find myself "Experiencing the Zone" that much, it was just momentary annoyance between point A and point B. Crysis was more enjoyable that way, but the overall game was a bit too simple.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skrat_01

[QUOTE="TanKLoveR"]It looks pretty but the first game was a disappointment imo, the gameplay felt weird and u couldnt aim very well(the weapons were awful that rifle at the beginning was just bad), the graphics were average at best(i played the game on high) and the rpg elements felt weird.foxhound_fox

That was the problem though. ONce you got the great guns like the 'super' superiour G36, the games combat and st-yle kind of took a dive. It was great at the start and midway, battling with worn out weapons that felt like real imperfect guns - it fitted with the zone and combat. Once you got the G36 that risky nature of gunfights and fear of dealing with monsters was gone, as you became a walking tank, chock full of ammo and medipacks. The whole survival element was gone - which was one of the best things about the game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxhound_fox
That was the problem though. ONce you got the great guns like the 'super' superiour G36, the games combat and st-yle kind of took a dive. It was great at the start and midway, battling with worn out weapons that felt like real imperfect guns - it fitted with the zone and combat. Once you got the G36 that risky nature of gunfights and fear of dealing with monsters was gone, as you became a walking tank, chock full of ammo and medipacks. The whole survival element was gone - which was one of the best things about the game. skrat_01

Except on Master difficulty though. My major problem with the game is the pace changed from non-linear to linear right when you got to Pripyat, a place in the Zone that would have made for an exceptional exploratory area. Hopefully GSC will fix the issues with Clear Sky.
Sonir77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sonir77
Member since 2006 • 1846 Posts
aww geez i better get the original soon
slickchris7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slickchris7777
Member since 2005 • 1610 Posts
I hope they use different character/weapon models, because those look like the same in the first STALKER.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Well I'm never playing Clear Sky after dark, or at least I'm keeping a set of clean gitch nearby.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Looks awesome
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]That was the problem though. ONce you got the great guns like the 'super' superiour G36, the games combat and st-yle kind of took a dive. It was great at the start and midway, battling with worn out weapons that felt like real imperfect guns - it fitted with the zone and combat. Once you got the G36 that risky nature of gunfights and fear of dealing with monsters was gone, as you became a walking tank, chock full of ammo and medipacks. The whole survival element was gone - which was one of the best things about the game. foxhound_fox

Except on Master difficulty though. My major problem with the game is the pace changed from non-linear to linear right when you got to Pripyat, a place in the Zone that would have made for an exceptional exploratory area. Hopefully GSC will fix the issues with Clear Sky.

I defitnaly agree with you, when you get to Pripyat the game does change into a very linear affair - its a major dissapointment as areas like Pripyat could have been awesome explorable places, like the ones earlier on.
Mayhem48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mayhem48
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts
Yea the game looks amazing. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl was also a great looking game with good atmosphere but this is definitely an improvement, cant wait till its released.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="TanKLoveR"]It looks pretty but the first game was a disappointment imo, the gameplay felt weird and u couldnt aim very well(the weapons were awful that rifle at the beginning was just bad), the graphics were average at best(i played the game on high) and the rpg elements felt weird.skrat_01

That was the problem though. ONce you got the great guns like the 'super' superiour G36, the games combat and st-yle kind of took a dive. It was great at the start and midway, battling with worn out weapons that felt like real imperfect guns - it fitted with the zone and combat. Once you got the G36 that risky nature of gunfights and fear of dealing with monsters was gone, as you became a walking tank, chock full of ammo and medipacks. The whole survival element was gone - which was one of the best things about the game.

Alright, now I need to play this. G36 is my favorite gun

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Can you release a **** ** * * *** *** ** playable demo yet, GSC? :|

Obviously, playable demo > nonplayable demo or video > screenshot > text description.

aliblabla2007

They can't release a demo, for the same reason Assassin's Creed or Oblivion can't have one.