SSBB will use WiiMOTE + NUNCHUCK - Picture included

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BSNOIUNCzeI

Here you go. A good example why a Wiimote setup is not good for Brawl if it's anything like Melee.

Hir0_N

funny vid, liked the purepwnage :)

Haven't seen that series in awhile. I should dig it up. 

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]At high level play, Smash is the fastest fighting game everRedmoonxl2

I love and vastly prefer Smash, but anyone who says this has never seen MvC2 being played at high levels.

I have seen MvC2 at high level and I still say that consistant speedwise, Smash is still faster. MvC2 is just a matter of chaining super moves one after the other.

Pardon me, I should add something... They either haven't seen it or don't understand what's going on.

In your opinion since you merely said that to lash out at me.

Personally I see that MvC2 is basically chain moves together to keep a constant flow which keeps the super meter full so you can do super moves. Granted there is plenty of depth in MvC2, I still see it as a super move fest.

I still say that Smash is a faster paced game while you think that MvC2 is faster. Whatever, I'm not depriving you of your views so don't try that with me. 

Is it? Every move done in MvC2 takes at *least* double the inputs from the controller relative to Smash... Add this to the "arena" being a hotbox, and you have a small area that is almost totally player controlled - the navigation/control of which takes mind boggling inputs per second from the player.

Most bystanders just looking in mostly just see flashes of light/huge explosions and have no idea how much activity is going into controlling the pyrotechnics of the game. It's faster than Smash BECAUSE it's a super-move fest.

Smash may look faster, but bottom line is, it doesn't take nearly as many inputs from the player per second.

Silent_Bob32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Silent_Bob32
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts

People bought a Gamecube to play the last SSB, so I'm pretty sure they'll spend $20 to play this one if they have to.

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
It probably could work on the wiimote/nunchuck setup, but i would rather use my cube controller.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
i think wiimote use would be good for SSBB .. especially for any minigames
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Redmoonxl2
Is it? Every move done in MvC2 takes at *least* double the inputs from the controller relative to Smash... Add this to the "arena" being a hotbox, and you have a small area that is almost totally player controlled - the navigation/control of which takes mind boggling inputs per second from the player.

Most bystanders just looking in mostly just see flashes of light/huge explosions and have no idea how much activity is going into controlling the pyrotechnics of the game. It's faster than Smash BECAUSE it's a super-move fest.

Smash may look faster, but bottom line is, it doesn't take nearly as many inputs from the player per second.AfterShafter

Look, again, I don't want to get into this with you. Granted, the small arena setting leaves the player of MvC2 in a position to act quickly but I still find that being able to actively perform in Smash as well as the very small error window that Smash's allows you makes for a faster paced game. I find SHFFLing more difficult than comboing in MvC2 and this is coming from someone who has MvC2 on the Xbox.

Whatever, I'm done discussing this with you. I'm not going to go through 20 pages of back and forth.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
Awesome, last I heard SSB Brawl wasn't going to utilize motion sensing, this is welcome news.
edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts

[QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="Potemkin2005"]Just because you made a cut little diagram in photoshop doesn't mean that SSBM will use the Wii-mote. It just shows that they could. You should change the title of your topic so it's not so misleading.Hir0_N
I used paint roflmao. Yeah anyways they could and most likely will. If they wanna maximise the sales, they are not going to make people buy classic controllers.

You said c-stick isnt needed but I think it really is. it is absolutly essential for high end play (it makes it faster and more accurate.

Lol u must be a noob then. If ur really good. C stick is as fast as A button + joystick tap. I started playing SSB on the N64 like this and I started playing this way in SSBM and its as fast as using the C stick.

the main reason for using the c-stick in high end play is to aerial attack in one direction while DI'ing in another, something that cant be done if you use the control stick to smash. its a little thing, but some players will definitely miss it.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AfterShafter
p>

Look, again, I don't want to get into this with you. Granted, the small arena setting leaves the player of MvC2 in a position to act quickly but I still find that being able to actively perform in Smash as well as the very small error window that Smash's allows you makes for a faster paced game. I find SHFFLing more difficult than comboing in MvC2 and this is coming from someone who has MvC2 on the Xbox.

Whatever, I'm done discussing this with you. I'm not going to go through 20 pages of back and forth.

Redmoonxl2
Small window of error does not equal speed, it equals precision. Smash is much more about very precise movements/locations than MvC2, but MvC2 *easily* requires more button inputs per second to be competitive... Hence my saying it is faster.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
Im pretty sure Nintendy already said SSBB will require the GameCUbe Controller or a Classic Controller to play itUptown
Jesus people, where do you pull this stuff? Sakurai only HINTED that players "may not want to put away their GameCube controllers just yet," which hints at compatibility with the Wii Remote/Nunchuck, Classic Controller, AND GameCube controller. That doesn't mean it "requires" the GC or Classic controllers. For Christ's sake.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]p>

AfterShafter

Small window of error does not equal speed, it equals precision. Smash is much more about very precise movements/locations than MvC2, but MvC2 *easily* requires more button inputs per second to be competitive... Hence my saying it is faster.

However you need a combination of speed and precision to remain competitive in Smash, not just one. In order to compete and not get overwhelmed, you need to be able to react quickly, attack and follow up. The opponent then needs to know how to counterattack, outmaneuver you and you need to react accordingly. 

again, I'm not counting out the fact that MvC2 is a fast game but I still feel that the elements in Smash makes for a game that requires more from you in a minute than MvC2, thus making for a faster game. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The only one's that are complaining are the veterans who are too stubborn to learn a new control scheme.

I for one will welcome Wiimote controlled SSBB... but they really do not need motion commands... there are plenty enough buttons.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]p>

Redmoonxl2

However you need a combination of speed and precision to remain competitive in Smash, not just one. In order to compete and not get overwhelmed, you need to be able to react quickly, attack and follow up. The opponent then needs to know how to counterattack, outmaneuver you and you need to react accordingly. 

again, I'm not counting out the fact that MvC2 is a fast game but I still feel that the elements in Smash makes for a game that requires more from you in a minute than MvC2, thus making for a faster game. 

Whatever you "feel," MvC2 simply requires more controller inputs from the player. Exactly how can Smash "require more from you in a minute" when second by second MvC2 requires more activity, pretty much unabated until the round is over?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Redmoonxl2

Whatever you "feel," MvC2 simply requires more controller inputs from the player. Exactly how can Smash "require more from you in a minute" when second by second MvC2 requires more activity, pretty much unabated until the round is over?AfterShafter

Fine, whatever, you "win". End of conversation. I'm not dragging this on further than it has.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

I will never buy 4 classic controllers just to play one game. SSBB is also one of the biggest Nintendo franchise so they would contradict themselves if they used another controller.

Hir0_N

But you would buy 3 more nunchucks and wiimotes? GC-controllers comes quite cheap now. 

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]

Whatever you "feel," MvC2 simply requires more controller inputs from the player. Exactly how can Smash "require more from you in a minute" when second by second MvC2 requires more activity, pretty much unabated until the round is over?Redmoonxl2

Fine, whatever, you "win". End of conversation. I'm not dragging this on further than it has.

Tough to continue to argue when your points are supported more by how you "feel" than how things are...
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Redmoonxl2

Tough to continue to argue when your points are supported more by how you "feel" than how things are...AfterShafter

I can argue but choose not to otherwise it'll keep on dragging. I simply don't have the patience for going on a 20+ page debate today. Sorry to disappoint you.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]

I will never buy 4 classic controllers just to play one game. SSBB is also one of the biggest Nintendo franchise so they would contradict themselves if they used another controller.

Cyberfairy

But you would buy 3 more nunchucks and wiimotes? GC-controllers comes quite cheap now. 

What make you think that GC controllers will be easy to find next christmas? And yes, I prefer buying 4 wiimotes and nunchuks because pretty much all games I will buy will require it.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#69 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i wouldnt buy ssbb or a wii if ssbb made me use the wiimote
stilfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 stilfro
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
Didn't they already say that SSBB will use only the Wiimote like in Excite Truck?Supafly1
SSBB will use the Gamecube controller, or alternatively the Classic controller if you neglected to save your GCN controllers. It definitely won't use the Wii Remote.