SSBB will use WiiMOTE + NUNCHUCK - Picture included

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I will never buy 4 classic controllers just to play one game. SSBB is also one of the biggest Nintendo franchise so they would contradict themselves if they used another controller.

If I forgot anything, let me know. This is the best setup I could think of so any questions/suggestions will be appreciated.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
Didn't they already say that SSBB will use only the Wiimote like in Excite Truck?
Potemkin2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Potemkin2005
Member since 2005 • 1771 Posts
Just because you made a cut little diagram in photoshop doesn't mean that SSBM will use the Wii-mote. It just shows that they could. You should change the title of your topic so it's not so misleading.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

The disjointed nature of the Wiimote and the over abundance of shoulder button commands makes it an impractical setup. I'll stick to the simple, yet highly effective Classic controller thank you very much.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hir0_N

The disjointed nature of the Wiimote and the over abundance of shoulder button commands makes it an impractical setup. I'll stick to the simple, yet highly effective Classic controller thank you very much.

-Spock-
Im sure anyone could get used to this setup because its a little similar to the old one.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

The disjointed nature of the Wiimote and the over abundance of shoulder button commands makes it an impractical setup. I'll stick to the simple, yet highly effective Classic controller thank you very much.

-Spock-

Or the GC controller, which addresses all my Smash Bros needs.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hir0_N
Just because you made a cut little diagram in photoshop doesn't mean that SSBM will use the Wii-mote. It just shows that they could. You should change the title of your topic so it's not so misleading.Potemkin2005
I used paint roflmao. Yeah anyways they could and most likely will. If they wanna maximise the sales, they are not going to make people buy classic controllers.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
Im pretty sure Nintendy already said SSBB will require the GameCUbe Controller or a Classic Controller to play it
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

The disjointed nature of the Wiimote and the over abundance of shoulder button commands makes it an impractical setup. I'll stick to the simple, yet highly effective Classic controller thank you very much.

Redmoonxl2

Or the GC controller, which addresses all my Smash Bros needs.

Not everyone has a GC controller(people who didnt buy the GC) and as I said above, if they want this game to sell properly they are not going to force people to buy another controller.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hir0_N
Im pretty sure Nintendy already said SSBB will require the GameCUbe Controller or a Classic Controller to play itUptown
NO IT WASNT CONFIRMED. THE DEVELOPPER ONLY HINTED THAT IT COULD USE IT. BUT IT WILL PROBABLY BE ANOTHER OPTION.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
Good Lord I hope not... The Wii's motion sensing won't likely just be non-beneficial to a game liks SSB, it'll probably be a detriment.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hir0_N
Good Lord I hope not... The Wii's motion sensing won't likely just be non-beneficial to a game liks SSB, it'll probably be a detriment.AfterShafter
Did u even read the first post? There is no motion sensing except for pointing in menus...
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
This setup is a bit too awkward, you're relying too much on the Wiimote, when the Nunchuck should be doing most of the work
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Hir0_N

Im sure anyone could get used to this setup because its a little similar to the old one.

Not even close. In the old setup, you had specials, normals and jump lined up with easy access. Shield were the shoulders and all was good. You simply can't mimic that on the Wiimote setup and have it be just as easy.

At high level play, Smash is the fastest fighting game ever. How can you compete with that setup, even online?

Mark my words, Smash will come with a classic controller and cost $59.99. Nintendo will be insane not to. 

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hir0_N

"The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet." Thats what Sakurai said.

So yes GC controller will probably be an option, so will the Wiimote + nunchuk.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Hir0_N

Of course, but in due time. The essense of what makes SSBM great is the ability to jump in and instantly have fun. Players will now have to do baby steps at first before getting more and more used to this new setup. This means that players who once had legendary skills are back to square one. And since SSBB will feature online, the Wiimote could prove intrusive in the fast-paced nature of the game.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
[QUOTE="Potemkin2005"]Just because you made a cut little diagram in photoshop doesn't mean that SSBM will use the Wii-mote. It just shows that they could. You should change the title of your topic so it's not so misleading.Hir0_N
I used paint roflmao. Yeah anyways they could and most likely will. If they wanna maximise the sales, they are not going to make people buy classic controllers.

You said c-stick isnt needed but I think it really is. it is absolutly essential for high end play (it makes it faster and more accurate.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

-Spock-

Of course, but in due time. The essense of what makes SSBM great is the ability to jump in and instantly have fun. Players will now have to do baby steps at first before getting more and more used to this new setup. This means that players who once had legendary skills are back to square one. And since SSBB will feature online, the Wiimote could prove intrusive in the fast-paced nature of the game.

SSB on the N64 was different than Melee too gameplay and speed wise. Im sure it wouldnt take me more than 30 mins to get used to it.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Redmoonxl2

"The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet." Thats what Sakurai said. So yes GC controller will probably be an option, so will the Wiimote + nunchuk. Hir0_N

Classic controller and the GC controller will be the standard for serious Smash play, mark my words. It's no different than fighting games requiring sticks to get the most out of the game.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="Potemkin2005"]Just because you made a cut little diagram in photoshop doesn't mean that SSBM will use the Wii-mote. It just shows that they could. You should change the title of your topic so it's not so misleading.laughingman42

You said c-stick isnt needed but I think it really is. it is absolutly essential for high end play (it makes it faster and more accurate.

Lol u must be a noob then. If ur really good. C stick is as fast as A button + joystick tap. I started playing SSB on the N64 like this and I started playing this way in SSBM and its as fast as using the C stick.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Redmoonxl2

Not even close. In the old setup, you had specials, normals and jump lined up with easy access. Shield were the shoulders and all was good. You simply can't mimic that on the Wiimote setup and have it be just as easy.

At high level play, Smash is the fastest fighting game ever. How can you compete with that setup, even online?

Mark my words, Smash will come with a classic controller and cost $59.99. Nintendo will be insane not to. 

Yeah maybe. But can you agree that the Wiimote will be an option too?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Hir0_N

It'll be for minigames but don't kid yourself into thinking that using a Wiimote setup will keep you in an even playing field as a person who uses a classic/GC controller.

BuddaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BuddaX
Member since 2004 • 2583 Posts
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Hir0_N

I think the set up looks just fine.  It will play just as good with the Wiimote and Nunchuk as a regular controller once you get the hang of it.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Redmoonxl2

It'll be for minigames but don't kid yourself into thinking that using a Wiimote setup will keep you in an even playing field as a person who uses a classic/GC controller.

So whats the point of buying one of the most hyped Wii game if it doesnt even use the Wiimote. Thats just stupid. I can understand that some low quality games dont use it. but SSBB?
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

Im pretty sure Nintendy already said SSBB will require the GameCUbe Controller or a Classic Controller to play itUptown

They said you may want to hold on to your gamecube controllers. That doesn't necessarily mean the game won't use the Wiimote, just that there might be multiple control schemes.

_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _vacant_
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Hir0_N

So whats the point of buying one of the most hyped Wii game if it doesnt even use the Wiimote. Thats just stupid. I can understand that some low quality games dont use it. but SSBB?

why buy any sports game?  just play the ones from back in the snes or n64 days.

its not stupid, there is much more functionality in the wii tahn in the cube, and even if the GC controller is the only controller option, there will be enough to make it a game worth buying.

think of how much the controls were improved from SSB to SSBM...    even if they dont use the wiimote they could revamp the entire thing.    they wanted to change the flow of the game anyway.   maybe the wiimote would lend well to that.

the fact of the matter is, that we dont know, and until there is any announcement theres no need to be mad sad or angry....   hows about we all just be cautiously optimistic?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Redmoonxl2

So whats the point of buying one of the most hyped Wii game if it doesnt even use the Wiimote. Thats just stupid. I can understand that some low quality games dont use it. but SSBB?Hir0_N

So you only buy games based on controller uses? Why not buy a game based on the fact that it's the latest addition to a strong, deep franchise? Fancy controller uses doesn't make a game any better. I prefer my game to be playable.

Hell, this is coming from me, someone who actually defended the Wiimote on numerous occasions! The fact is that Smash and Wiimote just doesn't mix using the Melee formula.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hir0_N
Didnt sakurai said that SSBB wil be less fast paced than SSBM????? Anyways I respect people opinion but before saying the control setup is horrible, just hold the Wiimote and the nunchuk and image yourself playing it. Im sure its not so bad.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]

So whats the point of buying one of the most hyped Wii game if it doesnt even use the Wiimote. Thats just stupid. I can understand that some low quality games dont use it. but SSBB?Redmoonxl2

So you only buy games based on controller uses? Why not buy a game based on the fact that it's the latest addition to a strong, deep franchise? Fancy controller uses doesn't make a game any better. I prefer my game to be playable.

Hell, this is coming from me, someone who actually defended the Wiimote on numerous occasions! The fact is that Smash and Wiimote just doesn't mix using the Melee formula.

What if they actually come up with a similar setup? Will u avoid it or give it a try? You cant say it sucks because you havent tried it.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AfterShafter
At high level play, Smash is the fastest fighting game everRedmoonxl2
I love and vastly prefer Smash, but anyone who says this has never seen MvC2 being played at high levels.
ZinkOxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZinkOxide
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts
Approaching as a serious smash player, I would never use that setup.  Your hands would be all over the place, no C-stick, the sheild/dodge/grab (and presumably tech, although you don't seem to have that) button has way too many functions for one button, and lack of a dedicated jump button kinda kills this.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Redmoonxl2

Didnt sakurai said that SSBB wil be less fast paced than SSBM????? Anyways I respect people opinion but before saying the control setup is horrible, just hold the Wiimote and the nunchuk and image yourself playing it. Im sure its not so bad. Hir0_N

Sakurai also said that the classic/GC controller is the way to go. Besides, Sakurai stated that he wanted to focus on air combat in Brawl. Also, I bet that Nintendo didn't expect Melee to be as fast as it is. As long as cancels and fast falling exists in Brawl, the speed will be no different.

Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts

-Spock-
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]At high level play, Smash is the fastest fighting game everAfterShafter
I love and vastly prefer Smash, but anyone who says this has never seen MvC2 being played at high levels.

I have seen MvC2 at high level and I still say that consistant speedwise, Smash is still faster. MvC2 is just a matter of chaining super moves one after the other.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hir0_N
Approaching as a serious smash player, I would never use that setup.  Your hands would be all over the place, no C-stick, the sheild/dodge/grab (and presumably tech, although you don't seem to have that) button has way too many functions for one button, and lack of a dedicated jump button kinda kills this.ZinkOxide
if youre really a serious smash player, you would have played Super smash brothers on the n64...and it was basically the same setup. And if you read carefully, YES there is a dedicated jump button.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AfterShafter

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]At high level play, Smash is the fastest fighting game everRedmoonxl2

I have seen MvC2 at high level and I still say that consistant speedwise, Smash is still faster. MvC2 is just a matter of chaining super moves one after the other.

Pardon me, I should add something... They either haven't seen it or don't understand what's going on.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

Just because you made a (bad) setup for it, doesn't mean that it will... Stop saying that.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hir0_N

Just because you made a (bad) setup for it, doesn't mean that it will... Stop saying that.

the_leet_kid
ok thats ur opinion. But next time, try to come up with some reasons.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_leet_kid

[QUOTE="ZinkOxide"]Approaching as a serious smash player, I would never use that setup.  Your hands would be all over the place, no C-stick, the sheild/dodge/grab (and presumably tech, although you don't seem to have that) button has way too many functions for one button, and lack of a dedicated jump button kinda kills this.Hir0_N
if youre really a serious smash player, you would have played Super smash brothers on the n64...and it was basically the same setup. And if you read carefully, YES there is a dedicated jump button.

It's not basically the same setup, this would be the equivalent of using the Z button on the n64 to special attack, and the R button to jump. Doesn't sound very good...

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]At high level play, Smash is the fastest fighting game everAfterShafter

Pardon me, I should add something... They either haven't seen it or don't understand what's going on.

In your opinion since you merely said that to lash out at me.

Personally I see that MvC2 is basically chain moves together to keep a constant flow which keeps the super meter full so you can do super moves. Granted there is plenty of depth in MvC2, I still see it as a super move fest.

I still say that Smash is a faster paced game while you think that MvC2 is faster. Whatever, I'm not depriving you of your views so don't try that with me. Still doesn't change the fact that both are very fast games.

ZinkOxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZinkOxide

Hiro, the "dedicated jump button" is pressing up on the stick.  That's far too imprecise- what about shorthops?  In addition, Melee has a lot more possible commands than the N64 game- more directions, tilts, better DI, wall and edge techs, more grab directions, and the very important C-stick.  

This setup is just not as precise or functional as the GCN setup. 

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hir0_N

[QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="ZinkOxide"]Approaching as a serious smash player, I would never use that setup.  Your hands would be all over the place, no C-stick, the sheild/dodge/grab (and presumably tech, although you don't seem to have that) button has way too many functions for one button, and lack of a dedicated jump button kinda kills this.the_leet_kid

It's not basically the same setup, this would be the equivalent of using the Z button on the n64 to special attack, and the R button to jump. Doesn't sound very good...

Its not about how it sounds, its about how it feels. And this setup is not definitive, you would change it in game if they let you the option to change it. Just hold ur Wiimote + nunchuk and ull see it doesnt feel that bad.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_leet_kid

Hiro, the "dedicated jump button" is pressing up on the stick.  That's far too imprecise- what about shorthops?  In addition, Melee has a lot more possible commands than the N64 game- more directions, tilts, better DI, wall and edge techs, more grab directions, and the very important C-stick.  

ZinkOxide

I agree, but the C stick was not important at all... That's the one unnecessary thing.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hir0_N

ZinkOxide

JUMP IS THE B BUTTON. get some glasses.

I RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION BUT INSTEAD OF SAYING "IT SUCKS, IT WON'T WORK, WON'T HAPPEN" WHY DON'T MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS?

ZinkOxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ZinkOxide

The C stick is vital for having any kind of control over aerials and doing fast smashes.  Granted it isn't required, but it's a lot faster and more useful than A+stick a lot of the time.

Why isn't this on the Wii boards? There's nothing SW-like about it. 

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_leet_kid
Hiro, let me clarify. I think it's possible (key word) for a good wiimote setup to be made. But I don't think this is it.
ZinkOxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZinkOxide
B cannot work for jumping, it's a trigger! You can't shorthop!
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hir0_N
Hiro, let me clarify. I think it's possible (key word) for a good wiimote setup to be made. But I don't think this is it.the_leet_kid
You could change the setup ingame. This was only to proove the wiimote will most likely be used TOO. I only took like 10 mins to make this setup but if iw anted to I could make numerous experiments to find what is the best setup.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Redmoonxl2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BSNOIUNCzeI

Here you go. A good example why a Wiimote setup is not good for Brawl if it's anything like Melee. 

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hir0_N

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BSNOIUNCzeI

Here you go. A good example why a Wiimote setup is not good for Brawl if it's anything like Melee. 

Redmoonxl2
funny vid, liked the purepwnage :)