Square Enix: We're brining other FF titles to PS4

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

Now where are all the dumb fucks who were defending the remasters. See that happens when you support shitty practices like that. Enjoy your remasters instead of new games.

FFXV, KH3, Deus Ex sequel, and Rise of The Tomb Raider aren't new games?

I'm just asking because your comment makes no sense.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#52  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

The article is talking specifically about the Chinese market, to introduce them to older Final Fantasy classics. He didn't mention anything about the Western or Japanese markets.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I'll just wait on the next gen installment.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Meh...I may consider getting one when they are ported to the PS5.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

Now where are all the dumb fucks who were defending the remasters. See that happens when you support shitty practices like that. Enjoy your remasters instead of new games.

Square Japan was already in the toilet since before the "remaster" stuff started in the last few years. They barely put out any legit games last gen. They had a major game get stuck in development hell for many years (Final Fantasy vs XIII). What did they even do on consoles from 2006-2012? Basically 1 Star Ocean game, Neir, and a highly disappointing Final Fantasy trilogy that nobody wanted. Compare that to their PS1 and PS2 output...

I think their move to mobile games was more damaging to their "high end" output than anything else. Some argue that's where their great games have moved, I don't agree with that, but at least they put out some variety on handheld.

Basically they lacked vision for the entire last generation of consoles, it was all about chasing the quick bucks with them (1st it was mobile and handheld games... and now it's remasters). For this gen I guess we'll have to see how Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XV turn out, and also see if they even attempt to develop new IP's.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Square Japan was already in the toilet since before the "remaster" stuff started in the last few years. They barely put out any legit games last gen. They had a major game get stuck in development hell for many years (Final Fantasy vs XIII). What did they even do on consoles from 2006-2012? Basically 1 Star Ocean game, Neir, and a highly disappointing Final Fantasy trilogy that nobody wanted. Compare that to their PS1 and PS2 output...

I think their move to mobile games was more damaging to their "high end" output than anything else. Some argue that's where their great games have moved, I don't agree with that, but at least they put out some variety on handheld.

Basically they lacked vision for the entire last generation of consoles, it was all about chasing the quick bucks with them (1st it was mobile and handheld games... and now it's remasters). For this gen I guess we'll have to see how Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XV turn out, and also see if they even attempt to develop new IP's.

The problem is that the Japanese market itself has moved towards handhelds and now mobiles, and Japanese companies like Square Enix are simply following suit, since it's a lot less risky making handheld and mobile games for their domestic audiences than it is making AAA console games for Western audiences.

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Remake FF6! Not even a full hd remake (which would end up ruining the atmosphere and general feel of the game imo), but remake it with FF9 graphics and static backgrounds.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@Blabadon said:

That being said, I'd love to actually be able to play FF 12 ever since my 60 GB PS3 broke.

Still waiting on the hd announcement for that, did the x and x-2 remaster sell well? I do recall something about if they did, that 12 would get a hd release.
I love 12 and still have my ps2 hooked up for it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

squeenix: "we are bringing other ff titles to ps4... unless someone gets offended... then sony will cancel them and the execs will go hide under their beds."

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#60 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Since everyone has been on this remaster binge, how about Square makes a HD Remaster of Dragon Age VIII?

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I wonder if fans of the old Square Enix (or rather SquareSoft and Enix), are aware that Square Enix is shit today because they keep supporting practices like this.

I'm all for keeping old games playable on new systems, but quit hyping up these announcements, and substituting the creation of new games for re-releasing old ones.

lol at the FF7 reveal at the Sony event.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Oh gosh, I just realized that the new ports will more than likely be the IOS ports.

EH....I'm not looking forward to that.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

They are trying to make up for their FF7 announcement. I still cant believe they thought it was a good idea and the balls to come out on stage to make that announcement

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Oh yay... the same games... released.... again .......

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

For f*** sake release 15 first !