Splinter cell Blacklist VS Hitman Absolution.

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
Out of both which will be better stealth game?  VS  I think it will be Hitman. back then i thought it was complete dumb down like conviction but new footage surprise me and it looking good so far Splinter cell blacklist on other hand look complete garbage. gone from best stealth game to mediocre action game where one button complete full mission
#2 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Black Ops 2, duh.

#3 Posted by nervmeister (15224 posts) -
From what I've seen of both (walkthroughs mainly), Hitman: Absolution. It encourages blending in and drawing as little attention to yourself as possible before, during, and after you kill someone. Blacklist seems to be more about murdering everyone in your path.
#4 Posted by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -
they both look awesome. cant wait to play em
#5 Posted by Sun_Universe (326 posts) -

Hitman Absolution.

#6 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Better stealth game? Hitman Absolution.

Better game? Hitman Absolution.

#7 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

splinter cell blacklist a stealth game?:lol: is this a joke thread?

#8 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5636 posts) -

Splinter cell Blacklist aint a stealth game lol. Hitman Absolution all they way.

#9 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Blacklist isn't looking too good. So Absolution.

#10 Posted by Xtasy26 (4251 posts) -

Definitely Hitman Absolution.

#11 Posted by lawlessx (46683 posts) -
is Blacklist even close to being a stealth game?
#12 Posted by AmayaPapaya (9029 posts) -

I just played my first Hitman game a few weeks ago. They were all really cheap during the Steam sale but I didn't expect much. I started up Blood Money and am really enjoying it. It's a very good game. I will probably get Absolution on the PS3 in some time.

#13 Posted by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -
both look awesome. i cant wait to play em. im playing all the splinter cells right now and they definitely get better with each installment
#14 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -
Hitman...Splinter Cell barely looks like a Stealth game anymore.
#15 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

Splinter Cell, Stealth? lol

#16 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

They both look really fantastic, but Hitman is Hitman

#17 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Hitman Absolution
#18 Posted by th3warr1or (20640 posts) -

Zaibach

:lol:

#19 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -
Thief 4.
#20 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

Zaibach

That... is honestly depressing.

#21 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Splinter Cell is the clear answer, how can people say Hitman? It's got nothing on SC, I could understand if Black List was like Conviction (which was ok), but it's more like Double Agent or Chaos Theory by the looks of it.

But both of these games are nothing compared to the stealth legends that are Theif and Metal Gear Solid.

#22 Posted by parkurtommo (26798 posts) -

Blacklist will be another CoD wannabe it seems, so the obvious choice would by H:A.

#23 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Blacklist will be another CoD wannabe it seems, so the obvious choice would by H:A.

parkurtommo

The hell?

Are people just calling everything CoD wannabes nowadays? Like, really?

#24 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

I could understand if Black List was like Conviction (which was ok), but it's more like Double Agent or Chaos Theory by the looks of it.

ShadowMoses900

How so? From what we've seen so far, it looks even more action oriented than Conviction.

#25 Posted by ArisShadows (22625 posts) -
Going by last entries of each series and what I seen so far of the new ones, Hitman ABsolution.
#26 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Splinter Cell is the clear answer, how can people say Hitman? It's got nothing on SC, I could understand if Black List was like Conviction (which was ok), but it's more like Double Agent or Chaos Theory by the looks of it.

But both of these games are nothing compared to the stealth legends that are Theif and Metal Gear Solid.

ShadowMoses900

This looks like Double Agent or Chaos Theory?

Zaibach

What game were YOU playing?

#27 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Hitman all the way.

#28 Posted by blangenakker (2311 posts) -
Definetly Hitman, becuase you know, you're not in constant action
#29 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Neither are out yet, so I can't comment. I enjoyed Conviction, just for the record. Sure it was watered down to hell, but they did at least give a good reason for that. Hitman: Blood Money was a gem to play though, so I am looking forward to seeing if Absolution can beat it.
#30 Posted by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -

Zaibach
you could bash down doors and take an assault route in most splinter cells. stealth has always been an option even in conviction. its just that now they can do the action sequences that they used to try in their previous games a lot better.
#31 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Goyoshi12

Zaibach

He is in a war zone and is trying to get to safety, so he has to break a door down. You could smash doors open in the older SC games. People are going to hate on this game but I'm gonna keep hyping it, I don't care about what haters think. They are never happy with anything.

I also hear the MP is making a comeback, the one from Double Agent and Chaos Theory, both of which were very fun. But a bit too complex in some aspects. Hopefully it is more balanced and refined this time with Spy vs Soldier stuff.

The day time levels remind me of MGS4.

#32 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Yeah, Black List definitely looks more like Conviction than Chaos Theory, I don't know where people are getting that from. That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game though, they might fix up on some things. I am missing stealth games nowadays though, all those that I considered decent stealth games have altered to either be more "cinematic" or just appeal to mainstream shooter audiences. Hitman might be the last shot at stealth games, so long as it sticks by its roots.
#33 Posted by lawlessx (46683 posts) -
[QUOTE="meconate"]Yeah, Black List definitely looks more like Conviction than Chaos Theory, I don't know where people are getting that from. That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game though, they might fix up on some things. I am missing stealth games nowadays though, all those that I considered decent stealth games have altered to either be more "cinematic" or just appeal to mainstream shooter audiences. Hitman might be the last shot at stealth games, so long as it sticks by its roots.

Even hitman is being developed for the mainstream,but atleast from the gameplay videos i've seen looks more closer to it's roots than blacklight.
#34 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="meconate"]Yeah, Black List definitely looks more like Conviction than Chaos Theory, I don't know where people are getting that from. That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game though, they might fix up on some things. I am missing stealth games nowadays though, all those that I considered decent stealth games have altered to either be more "cinematic" or just appeal to mainstream shooter audiences. Hitman might be the last shot at stealth games, so long as it sticks by its roots.lawlessx
Even hitman is being developed for the mainstream,but atleast from the gameplay videos i've seen looks more closer to it's roots than blacklight.

hitman now has hawkeye and detective vision :?

#35 Posted by hippiesanta (9850 posts) -
Solid Snake
#36 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="meconate"]Yeah, Black List definitely looks more like Conviction than Chaos Theory, I don't know where people are getting that from. That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game though, they might fix up on some things. I am missing stealth games nowadays though, all those that I considered decent stealth games have altered to either be more "cinematic" or just appeal to mainstream shooter audiences. Hitman might be the last shot at stealth games, so long as it sticks by its roots.lawlessx

Lol at "for the main stream" all games are main stream. It's like movies, they are all main stream. That made no sense.

#37 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="meconate"]Yeah, Black List definitely looks more like Conviction than Chaos Theory, I don't know where people are getting that from. That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game though, they might fix up on some things. I am missing stealth games nowadays though, all those that I considered decent stealth games have altered to either be more "cinematic" or just appeal to mainstream shooter audiences. Hitman might be the last shot at stealth games, so long as it sticks by its roots.ShadowMoses900

Lol at "for the main stream" all games are main stream. It's like movies, they are all main stream. That made no damn sense.

you always make sense. don't know how you do it. but you always make sense.

#38 Posted by lamprey263 (23630 posts) -
Hitman, the Splinter Cell games got less interesting over time
#39 Posted by lawlessx (46683 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="meconate"]Yeah, Black List definitely looks more like Conviction than Chaos Theory, I don't know where people are getting that from. That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game though, they might fix up on some things. I am missing stealth games nowadays though, all those that I considered decent stealth games have altered to either be more "cinematic" or just appeal to mainstream shooter audiences. Hitman might be the last shot at stealth games, so long as it sticks by its roots.platniumgamer

hitman now has hawkeye and detective vision :?

from what i understand those features can be turned off.
#40 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="meconate"]Yeah, Black List definitely looks more like Conviction than Chaos Theory, I don't know where people are getting that from. That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game though, they might fix up on some things. I am missing stealth games nowadays though, all those that I considered decent stealth games have altered to either be more "cinematic" or just appeal to mainstream shooter audiences. Hitman might be the last shot at stealth games, so long as it sticks by its roots.ShadowMoses900

Lol at "for the main stream" all games are main stream. It's like movies, they are all main stream. That made no sense.

It made perfect sense since this generation of mainstream just consist of a game checklist that must include fast-paced shooter action with lots of DLC and online ranking multiplayer. Not all games are mainstream and not all movies are mainstream, so you made no sense. I guess all music is mainstream too, eh?
#41 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] Even hitman is being developed for the mainstream,but atleast from the gameplay videos i've seen looks more closer to it's roots than blacklight.meconate

It made perfect sense since this generation of mainstream just consist of a game checklist that must include fast-paced shooter action with lots of DLC and online ranking multiplayer. Not all games are mainstream and not all movies are mainstream, so you made no sense. I guess all music is mainstream too, eh?

What is "main stream" then? Something that is popular? Splinter Cell has a good sized fanbase but it's not really that popular, most people don't talk about it. I guess COD is what you are referring to, which by that Halo would also be considered mainstream as well then.

By this logic many PC games are not considered mainstream because no one plays them but a very small group of people, most people don't even know what the hell Planet Side 2 is. That is because that game is not good and no one cares about it.

#42 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

[QUOTE="meconate"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

What is "main stream" then? Something that is popular? Splinter Cell has a good sized fanbase but it's not really that popular, most people don't talk about it. I guess COD is what you are referring to, which by that Halo would also be considered mainstream as well then.

By this logic many PC games are not considered mainstream because no one plays them but a very small group of people, most people don't even know what the hell Planet Side 2 is. That is because that game is not good and no one cares about it.

I don't recall actually ever saying Splinter Cell was mainstream, I said stealth games are trying to appeal more to mainstream shooter audiences. I didn't know Hitman and Splinter Cell were the only stealth games around, since I was actually more had Ghost Recon in mind as a game that started as a decent tactical stealth shooter, and Future Soldier felt nothing short of the result of Gears of War meets Call of Duty. I'm in no way saying mainstream (or popular) is necessarily bad, I would only like at least some games to stick to their roots. Fortunately, Hitman is looking that way, even if it does have a few new changes.
#43 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5636 posts) -

Splinter cell Blacklist aint a stealth game lol. Hitman Absolution all they way.

#45 Posted by jg4xchamp (47944 posts) -
One is a pure bastardization of what Splinter Cell used to be, and the other is more Hitman. It's like having to settle for Rex Grossman or Mark Sanchez.
#46 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
MGS is not stealth game. just action game with stealth elements. Early splinter cell games and Hitman are king of stealth games. and how is blacklist more like chaos theory? CT was pure stealthy game. this one is just run of the mill action game
#47 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5636 posts) -

#48 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
the other is more Hitman. jg4xchamp
So? more hitman is good.
#49 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

SNIPER4321

MGS is not stealth game. just action game with stealth elements. Early splinter cell games and Hitman are king of stealth games. and how is blacklist more like chaos theory? CT was pure stealthy game. this one is just run of the mill action game

go for the big boss emblem on MGS4 then come back to me saying its a game with stealth elements, in brutal honesty you described the 2 games (well splinte cell as of recent) in one swift blow and honestly thats what made the old SC games insanely dull was how insanely boring the stealth was.

But i assure you do a big boss run in MGS4, then come back saying that.

#50 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

ShadowMoses900

He is in a war zone and is trying to get to safety, so he has to break a door down. You could smash doors open in the older SC games. People are going to hate on this game but I'm gonna keep hyping it, I don't care about what haters think. They are never happy with anything.

I also hear the MP is making a comeback, the one from Double Agent and Chaos Theory, both of which were very fun. But a bit too complex in some aspects. Hopefully it is more balanced and refined this time with Spy vs Soldier stuff.

The day time levels remind me of MGS4.

I don't quite recall running through a level, bashing in doors, and shooting every being in sight. All I remember was sitting silently in the dark, being patient and tactical with how you approached the many targets either from a knock-out from a rock or just a straight up sneak shoot kill.

Anyways, from what I've heard they're focusing more on the action and speed of this new iteration and not the stealth mechanics. Sure, you could go in gunsablazing in previous titles of Splinter Cell but here they're putting a big emphasis on the action and speed wher that is, imo, not where Splinter Cell lies in.