User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@mems_1224 said:

more than i thought it would sell. too bad that community will be dead in a month or two

Yup and like others pointed out, 1/10 console owners bought it? I thought Nintendo had this magical attach rate?

Good sales when you break a million though.

lol are you really complaining about the attach rate a month into its life? Seriously?

Well it will be dead in another couple months, so yes.

lol like how Smash and Kart is dead right?

you're comparing Smash and Kart to Splatoon? Seriously?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#102 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@mems_1224 said:

more than i thought it would sell. too bad that community will be dead in a month or two

Yup and like others pointed out, 1/10 console owners bought it? I thought Nintendo had this magical attach rate?

lol are you really complaining about the attach rate a month into its life? Seriously?

On the contrary, the game is exhibiting extraordinary legs worldwide, where it refuses to drop from the charts not only in traditionally strong Nintendo territories like France, Germany, or Japan, but also weaker ones like the UK.

Splatoon is a verified success, trying to downplay this at this point is as stupid as trying to downplay Bloodborne's success (meaning I will make fun of anyone who does it as mercilessly as I made fun of those certain individuals who downplayed Bloodborne's success), and frankly, damage control.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

How many are actually still playing though??

wouldnt be surprised if 900k returned their copy after the first week :P.. i know 2 of my friends who bought it day 1 and sold it one week later lol

It's one of the most active online communities in any game...

Any evidence to that?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@mems_1224 said:

On the contrary, the game is exhibiting extraordinary legs worldwide, where it refuses to drop from the charts not only in traditionally strong Nintendo territories like France, Germany, or Japan, but also weaker ones like the UK.

Splatoon is a verified success, trying to downplay this at this point is as stupid as trying to downplay Bloodborne's success (meaning I will make fun of anyone who does it as mercilessly as I made fun of those certain individuals who downplayed Bloodborne's success), and frankly, damage control.

How many people are currently playing online?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Maroxad said:

Any evidence to that?

@mems_1224 said:

How many people are currently playing online?

To be clear, I was referring only to Wii U games.

And Nintendo does not disclose online population numbers- my only metric can be how easy it is to find a game (10 seconds or less, and each game needs to be fully populated, or it won't proceed beyond the matchmaking stage).

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Nope, like all online games, even massively media campaign ones like Titan Fall and Evolve die out pretty quickly. Even Halo 4 saw a dramatic decrease.

Gamers get bored or new games come out and they move on.

I said 1 million was good sales, I just dont expect the online to thrive for long. TF and Halo sold much more than that and they dropped.

Maybe Splatoon will be different because lack of software like COD to steal players away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Nope, like all online games, even massively media campaign ones like Titan Fall and Evolve die out pretty quickly. Even Halo 4 saw a dramatic decrease.

I said 1 million was good sales, I just dont expect the online to thrive for long. TF and Halo sold much more than that and they dropped.

Maybe Splatoon will be different because lack of software like COD to steal players away.

That's the other thing- Titanfall, Evolve, Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, all cater to the same market. What is Splatoon's competition? Smash Bros.? Mario Kart? Sure, two very powerful games, but also completely different. There is nothing else like Splatoon on the system. I think it will continue to thrive.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@mems_1224 said:

That's the other thing- Titanfall, Evolve, Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, all cater to the same market. What is Splatoon's competition? Smash Bros.? Mario Kart? Sure, two very powerful games, but also completely different. There is nothing else like Splatoon on the system. I think it will continue to thrive.

Even games that try to be different like Evolve suffer to COD or another new game coming out.

I dont see the appeal of Splatoon myself as I dont usually play online only games, especially competitive ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Even games that try to be different like Evolve suffer to COD or another new game coming out.

I dont see the appeal of Splatoon myself as I dont usually play online only games, especially competitive ones.

Well you're in luck. Splatoon isn't online only! In fact the single player is longer and more challenging than The Order or Ryse.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Heil68

@GoldenElementXL said:
@Heil68 said:

Well you're in luck. Splatoon isn't online only! In fact the single player is longer and more challenging than The Order or Ryse.

lolno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@Heil68 said:

lolno

Spoilers

Here is my evidence.

Loading Video...
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Heil68

@GoldenElementXL said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@Heil68 said:

lolno

Spoilers

Here is my evidence.

Loading Video...

I wont even rent it..lolno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@Heil68: But you bought Ryse? Whatever floats your boat I guess...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Heil68

@GoldenElementXL said:

Yup and I had over 40 hours in the game. Got my $30 worth. Can I buy Splatoon for $30 and if so where? Can I coop against AI? Can I voice chat with my coop partner?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Yup and I had over 40 hours in the game. Got my $30 worth. Can I buy Splatoon for $30 and if so where?Can I coop against AI?Can I voice chat with my coop partner?

No, but if it happens, I will let you know! Maybe we will even get to play together ;)

There is a coop mode, yes.

Lol nah. Nintendo and voice chat have a bumpy relationship.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Yup and I had over 40 hours in the game. Got my $30 worth. Can I buy Splatoon for $30 and if so where?Can I coop against AI?Can I voice chat with my coop partner?

No, but if it happens, I will let you know! Maybe we will even get to play together ;)

I'm not even sure how to add a person to the Nintedno network..lolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Srsly bro? Just go the friends list, click on add player, type in the username, and you're done. Just like any other network.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Heil68

@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Srsly bro? Just go the friends list, click on add player, type in the username, and you're done. Just like any other network.

Maybe ill try that...dont know what good its going to do though unless we play MK

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Rofl at heil in this thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Maybe ill try that...dont know what good its going to do though unless we play MK

You're already in my friends list :p

But yeah, we should definitely try to play MK8 sometime. You got the DLC?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Nope, I stopped playing around a year ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:

You gotta take those Sony goggles off a little more often. The MK8 DLC is fantastic.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#123 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41524 Posts

I, nintendoboy16, will confess that I was one of those who thought this game wasn't going to fare critically well or sell well. Now, excuse me so I can go find a crow.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

I, nintendoboy16, will confess that I was one of those who thought this game wasn't going to fare critically well or sell well. Now, excuse me so I can go find a crow.

Bless your heart for admitting it! Almost everyone who should be eating crow still refuse to admit that its good and that its selling or are saying it will be dead in a few months. Some people just don't want to admit that they're wrong.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#125 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Bless your heart for admitting it! Almost everyone who should be eating crow still refuse to admit that its good and that its selling or are saying it will be dead in a few months. Some people just don't want to admit that they're wrong.

Works both ways, because the cry baby apologist assume that the game can't be good, and was missing shit it should have had at launch.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#126 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

How many are actually still playing though??

wouldnt be surprised if 900k returned their copy after the first week :P.. i know 2 of my friends who bought it day 1 and sold it one week later lol

It's one of the most active online communities in any game...

In any game.. on WiiU? what other online games are available on WiiU to begin with? of course it will be the most active online game since its the ONLY online game on the console lol

also.. link for stats??

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

@charizard1605: Ahh fair enough.

Anyways, got to hear It is still widely played. I took a break after prioritizing my finals over it. And now I dont have access to a TV. I cannot wait to play it again.

So they added some kind of co-op mode. Hmm, lets see if we can get all of us in a game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@finalstar2007: Man, I have no time for your bullshit ignorant trolling. So I'll just not make the time to actually make the effort to respond to your posts from here on out.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Heil68

@GoldenElementXL said:
@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:

You gotta take those Sony goggles off a little more often. The MK8 DLC is fantastic.

Whats that have to do with anything? I dont buy Sony DLC either. In fact, I cant remember the last DLC I purchased, probably Halo 3 map packs.

Take off your Nintendo googles maybe?