Splatoon "going multipat" courtesy of Disney I. 3.0!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Disney Infinity 3.0 adds official Splatoon-like Toy Box game called “Squid Wars”

Source.

No reason to buy a Wii U now !(?)

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Glitchspot!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

False heading...

never bought a Wii U for splatoon. so no!

When will the PS4 get a 2nd game after bloodborne? ;(

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Wii U is doomed.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

The lawyers are probably already knee deep in all of this, I can see a lawsuit brewing over it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Ha! That's rich.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52441 Posts
@nyadc said:

The lawyers are probably already knee deep in all of this, I can see a lawsuit brewing over it.

Don't **** around with Disney's lawyers.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Everybody wants to be Nintendo, leading the game industry since day 1.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56194 Posts

@mesome713: Hey must be the money. Everyone wanna be rich like Nintendo. I'm not mad at all lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@davillain-: I agree, it actually feels pretty good to have so many companies trying to copy that Nintendo charm.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Copy Nintendo and do it better. At least people will be able to put their video clips on Youtube without getting copyright strikes.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

The only sure thing is ... you dont play with your wii U anyomore while you waiting . In the meantime after some hunderd of hours in Witcher 3 , people are playing MGS5 then will move on to so many other options. Yeah , PS4 has no games other than BB to have fun with. Same of X1 or PC. Wii U is the only option.

PS4 has the most AAa/AA games out of all consoles as we speak ,except if you are one of those hypocritical people saying that playing exclusives only ...then keep playing with your Wii U since it has better , in both quality and amount , exclusives atm ... But let me guess ... you aint playing with it since .. theres nothing left to play while waiting for something good right ?

So keep your exclusives and let others having constantly AA/AAA titles to play every single month of the year , what if they are not exclusives , and move on. Better to have splendid games and options than 4-5 more exclusives while missing 99% of AAA multis. Period

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Looks like that mall level from Splatoon.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

Why do people never see quotation marks?

This looks three-quarters of the way down the road to direct ripoff category.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@nyadc said:

Disney should just buy Nintendo already. They've done a grand job with Marvel.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15579 Posts

Well the video makes it look like absolute garbage so I'm thinking Nintendo doesn't have much to worry about.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

Currently there is over 400+ for current gen 8 console leader PS4.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

PS4 has the most AAa/AA games out of all consoles as we speak ,except if you are one of those hypocritical people saying that playing exclusives only ...then keep playing with your Wii U since it has better , in both quality and amount , exclusives atm ... But let me guess ... you aint playing with it since .. theres nothing left to play while waiting for something good right ?

>Playing multiplats on consoles instead of PC.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41554 Posts

@Shottayouth13- said:
@freedomfreak said:
@nyadc said:

Uh... how about NO? Disney's handling on Star Wars isn't looking so great bar Rebels (though I still have yet to read "A New Dawn", a prequel to Rebels). And although I'm more excited to see Force Awakens after the "Chewie, we're home!" trailer, I still worry that this new trilogy will be the "Dragon Ball GT" of the Star Wars franchise.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

WiiU just got Splat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Heil68 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

390 multiplats, 1 good game, 9 mediocre sony games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

That looks unbelievably bad..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56194 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Shottayouth13- said:
@freedomfreak said:
@nyadc said:

Uh... how about NO? Disney's handling on Star Wars isn't looking so great bar Rebels (though I still have yet to read "A New Dawn", a prequel to Rebels). And although I'm more excited to see Force Awakens after the "Chewie, we're home!" trailer, I still worry that this new trilogy will be the "Dragon Ball GT" of the Star Wars franchise.

While I do agree that Disney is scaring everyone on handling Star Wars, my biggest complaints is the fact that EU [now legends] are no longer canon which was a disappointment to see but I'm still giving Disney a chance when Force Awaken hits December to see if Disney is worthy of taking Star Wars. Besides, who would you suggest to take Star Wars then Disney? GL has always been cool with Disney which is why he sold it to Disney. The only thing I can say is, just go see the movie, that's all I can say. So far Rebels series is not bad but Clone Wars was really good.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#25 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's a soulless version of Splatoon.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:
@Heil68 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

lol

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AzatiS

@skelly34 said:
@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

>Playing multiplats on consoles instead of PC.

This is irrelevant to my point. PC >> ALL and story ends.

But we are talking about PS4 vs Wii U here and not Wii U AND PC vs PS4 or something so what you saying doesnt make sense alot

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

that looked horrible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

The only sure thing is ... you dont play with your wii U anyomore while you waiting . In the meantime after some hunderd of hours in Witcher 3 , people are playing MGS5 then will move on to so many other options. Yeah , PS4 has no games other than BB to have fun with. Same of X1 or PC. Wii U is the only option.

So keep your exclusives and let others having constantly AA/AAA titles to play every single month of the year , what if they are not exclusives , and move on. Better to have splendid games and options than 4-5 more exclusives while missing 99% of AAA multis. Period

Right.... but in terms of system wars. if you own a PC, the PS4 pretty much only has Bloodborne as a stand out title.

Meanwhile I still actively played Smash Bros, Mario Kart and currently Mario Maker. Sometimes Hyrule Warriors with the mrs, but im not a big fan... not really that great.

Out of my 3 consoles, the PS3 gets the least use because of this. Xbox is my media centre, mrs uses it for kinect games, I use it for Forza mostly at the moment (so again, equally as depressing as the PS4).

One day the PS4 will have a purpose if you are a PS4 owner... 1 day.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

Right.... but in terms of system wars. if you own a PC, the PS4 pretty much only has Bloodborne as a stand out title.

Meanwhile I still actively played Smash Bros, Mario Kart and currently Mario Maker. Sometimes Hyrule Warriors with the mrs, but im not a big fan... not really that great.

Out of my 3 consoles, the PS3 gets the least use because of this. Xbox is my media centre, mrs uses it for kinect games, I use it for Forza mostly at the moment (so again, equally as depressing as the PS4).

Ok so you saying PC AND Wii U >> PS4 ! Fair enough though you should clarify that on your original post.

Because millions of Wii U owners using it for .. dust collection as we speak while waiting for Zelda actually while hunderd of thousands of PS4 users log in PSN daily to play online games , multi or not. And that is what consoles are for ... gaming , not waiting or gaming for a year . My opinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

Ok so you saying PC AND Wii U >> PS4 ! Fair enough though you should clarify that on your original post.

Because millions of Wii U owners using it for .. dust collection as we speak while waiting for Zelda actually while hunderd of thousands of PS4 users log in PSN daily to play online games , multi or not. And that is what consoles are for ... gaming , not waiting or gaming for a year . My opinion

Ofcourse....

your point is based on a "singular device". and you would be right.

PC and Wii U > PS4? definitely .

PC > PS4 ... no doubt.

Wii U > PS4 on its own? probably not.

PC + PS4 < PC + Wii U.

Ofcourse, preferences aside, just going by whats available.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44589 Posts

I have a Wii U and no desire for the game, if I did ever get an desire to play it though I'll do it properly, and not some knockoff.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#33 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

It's good to see that some things never change in the vidya industry. I remember all those booty bootleg Pac-Man clones from back in the day, and before FPS was a bona fide genre any FPS was just called a 'Doom clone'.

Companies have been ripping Nintendo off for decades, I'm sure they'll survive this, too.

Are we going to start seeing a wave of "Splatoon clones" now? And if they ever become their own genre, what would they be called? "Paint shooters"?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Shottayouth13- said:
@freedomfreak said:
@nyadc said:

I can guarantee you they've (Nintendo) already rejected numerous offers over the years.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Honestly, I kinda wanted Disney Infinity 3.0 until I saw this. That mode just looked like absolute shit. Might just be a fluke, considering I love the first Infinity, but still...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

Ofcourse....

your point is based on a "singular device". and you would be right.

PC and Wii U > PS4? definitely .

PC > PS4 ... no doubt.

Wii U > PS4 on its own? probably not.

PC + PS4 < PC + Wii U.

Ofcourse, preferences aside, just going by whats available.

Yeah it is based from its system individually , what it has to offer , what you getting value wise etc ... Wii U is the best secondary system for now , because i strongly beleive in a year or 2 that wont be the case anymore because the other 2 will catch up exclusives wise.

I agree with the comparisons

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Wow, they actually copied Arowana Mall too! Can't believe that. Looks like pants anyway, a bit like that Team Fortress 2 Splatoon mod but even worse.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

HahaI I'm sorry, I love Disney Infinity 3.0 and all, but this is no substitute for Splatoon. Trust me.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Looks good enough for Nintendo-haters.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@nyadc said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Heil68 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

False heading...

lol

Dont forget the world's most powerful video game console in the history of video games that just so happens to be current gen 8 console leader.

lol