Splatoon deserves more attention as a new IP

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

I have already posted a few different times that I thought it was the most innovative and creative game at E3 this year~

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@2Chalupas

No they don't. You're judging games by their facade and not by their gameplay.....

Whats really is you actually believe playing games with nudity, violence and language some how makes you mature...... The age rating system doesn't determine whether something is geared to ward children.... It tells if something is appropriate. But level of maturity is not implied.....

You must be really thick in the head if you actually believe playing a TPS with a deep and profound story somehow negates the but load of sensless violence that occurs with in the the gameplay....

The Wii U is just a console dude theres no reason to try to paint any of its features or lack there of as an indicator for which age group its geared towards..... And as far as I'm concerned its kids who populate the online scene...... Either that or Man Children.

Who said anything about "rated M" games? You are making a giant assumption that I only play games that are rated M, that has no basis in reality at all. All I'm stating is that Nintendo has typically geared itself towards a younger audience, and this has played a role in the lack of online infrastructure. I can't believe even a hardcore Nintendo fanboy would try and refute this, as it's a simple reality.

Case in point: This is Nintendo's ad compaign vs Sony's PS4 campaign. These are real ads. The intent of these ads is crystal clear. One is going for families with young kids, the other is going for more college age males or maybe even young working adults. Care to try and refute these with anything but your wak-ass argument that I must only play "shallow" games and I'm a meathead?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Nintendo doesn't make new IPs.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I couldn't agree more. This looks like a great new mp shooter. I am going to need to play this.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

My question is, will the WiiMote and Nunchuck be usable as thats my preferred control method for FPS and TPS. I'm getting it but I REALLY hope they have WiiMote and Nunchuck support.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I saw this with friends and we were planning strats while the vid was going. Sounds like a win to me.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@2Chalupas

No they don't. You're judging games by their facade and not by their gameplay.....

Whats really is you actually believe playing games with nudity, violence and language some how makes you mature...... The age rating system doesn't determine whether something is geared to ward children.... It tells if something is appropriate. But level of maturity is not implied.....

You must be really thick in the head if you actually believe playing a TPS with a deep and profound story somehow negates the but load of sensless violence that occurs with in the the gameplay....

The Wii U is just a console dude theres no reason to try to paint any of its features or lack there of as an indicator for which age group its geared towards..... And as far as I'm concerned its kids who populate the online scene...... Either that or Man Children.

Who said anything about "rated M" games? You are making a giant assumption that I only play games that are rated M, that has no basis in reality at all. All I'm stating is that Nintendo has typically geared itself towards a younger audience, and this has played a role in the lack of online infrastructure. I can't believe even a hardcore Nintendo fanboy would try and refute this, as it's a simple reality.

Case in point: This is Nintendo's ad compaign vs Sony's PS4 campaign. These are real ads. The intent of these ads is crystal clear. One is going for families with young kids, the other is going for more college age males or maybe even young working adults. Care to try and refute these with anything but your wak-ass argument that I must only play "shallow" games and I'm a meathead?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Technically nintendo was going after older audiences with the WiiU originally.This did not show up in any launch WiiU commercials. They are now going after families and kids.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Interesting; not my kind of game.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@2Chalupas

Sony and Microsoft have forgotten the majority of gamers prefer to play together with people in the same room not over the net... I honestly couldn't care just how bad Nintendos infrustructure is because I'm not that desperate for company.

And since why are people using the word "downgraded" more and more lately ?

That's not even close to true. Might be true for children gamers where the parents might not want them going online, not so much for adult gamers (and by adult, I just mean anyone that can drive).Typical gamers want to go online and play not just with 1 or 2 people, but with larger groups of people (i.e. online shooters, MMO's, sports games with leagues, etc).

How many people in their 20's sit in their home and play local couch co-op? Maybe if your wife is a gamer, or if you have a bunch of kids and want to play family games, but that's about it. Normal adults aren't having "LAN parties" or having "Smash bros" parties to play local. They are instead, playing online, and have been for years. It is not that Sony and Microsoft have forgotten anything, it's that they've moved with the times to cover these audiences, and Nintendo has not.

Speaks the truth, my other half would kill me if I had friends over playing games 2-3 days a week, so online it is. Up until high school/ college local multi-player was very much enjoyed though.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@nervmeister said:

Yes. I give due credit to this game for doing something different for once.

This.

Could be a new hit for Nintendo.

I agree.. but I can't see this being a $60 title.

I can if they add enough game modes, levels, online features and customization/loadout options.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

but does it haz titans

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

bump

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

This and Project S.T.E.A.M were delightful surprises from Nintendo.

More of this is welcomed.