Spark Unlimited understands desire for Battlefront 3 "not our decision to m

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

It's ridiculous how much some developers don't like money. :|

Spark Unlimited understands desire for Battlefront 3, but 'not our decision to make'

Article_wrap_spark_unlimited

Earlier this year around February it was heavily rumored that Spark Unlimited was working onStar Wars: Battlefront 3.Job postingshinting at "a 3rd Person Action/Adventure sequel in ahigh-profile science fiction franchise" just screamedBattlefrontsequel.

Of course, as we know now, that rumor is not true. The science fiction game the job was alluding to wasLost Planet 3,a sequel to Capcom's 3rd person shooter franchise. While we're equally excited for that, there was still some disappointment among fans hoping forBattlefront 3. At New York Comic Con, Spark Unlimited addressed the whole situation and finally responded to the rumors and their reaction to them.

"We understand there's a real desire to have that," began Spark Unlimited development director Kevin Scharff, who is also serving as lead producer onLost Planet 3. "We kind of, I guess, enjoyed the moment for a little bit, but felt ultimately that's not our decision to make and that we actively urged people to contact LucasArts to find out what the status ofBattlefront 3was."

"As a developer, we really respect our relationships with our publishers and it's never to our benefit - as much as we'd like to - to engage in the community and talk about things that we have no control over. The last thing we wanted was some very stern letter from George Lucas."

"We've been working on Lost Planet 3 for almost three years now if you count the original concept, so Spark hasn't had time to think about anything else for quite a while," added Capcom producer and Lost planet 3 project lead Andrew Szymanski.

Although I'm sure Spark Unlimited is busy withLost Planet 3, Szymandki's statement isn't entirely true. Spark is actually in the pre-production stage of another project:Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z,a "bold new take" on the 3rd person action/horror genre.

#2 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

Yea such a shame. I have fond memories of Battlefront 1 & 2 on Xbox Live. Wish we could get another one.

#3 Posted by Led_poison (10143 posts) -
Spark Unlimited is a terrible dev, I still remember turning point
#4 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
Hopefully, it stays that way.
#5 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10609 posts) -
You never know. Disney might do it.
#6 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
why the hell is spark unlimited even commenting on this? Please stay away from star wars battlefront. Hopefully disney pushes lucasarts to make bf3
#7 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
It's probably a blessing that Spark isn't making BF3, their track record isn't exactly that great.
#8 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -
It's probably a blessing that Spark isn't making BF3, their track record isn't exactly that great.EliteM0nk3y
True, but I like the fact that Spark Unlimited acknowledges the fact that people want Battlefront III. I just think the reason it's not being made is because no one knows how to start development on it. Star Wars is huge, Battlefront is the biggest most popular Star Wars video game series, SWB2 if I remember correctly surpassed Halo 2 as #1 played online game on Xbox. Battlefront 3 is a huge responsibility, I just hope Disney will finally give us not the Battlefront 3 we deserve, but the one we need right now. :P
#9 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8721 posts) -
I'd rather Spark Unlimited not get anywhere near Battlefront 3.
#10 Posted by G-Lord (2134 posts) -

Spark is probably too busy at the moment anyway. They are working on Lost Planet 3 and Ninja Gaiden Z.

#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16466 posts) -

Spark Unlimited is a terrible dev, I still remember turning pointLed_poison

Yeah they have made some pretty sh1tty games but LP3 looks a lot better.

#12 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -
How on Earth does this terrible developer keep getting projects?
#13 Posted by RR360DD (11800 posts) -

why the hell is spark unlimited even commenting on this? Please stay away from star wars battlefront. Hopefully disney pushes lucasarts to make bf3campzor

lucasarts will just be focusing on mobile and social games under disney. I'm not sure what developer they should get to me BF3, but definitely not spark unlimited

#14 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

Yeah I'm sure they are equally excited about working on Lost Planet 3 :lol:

#15 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]It's probably a blessing that Spark isn't making BF3, their track record isn't exactly that great.Blazerdt47
True, but I like the fact that Spark Unlimited acknowledges the fact that people want Battlefront III. I just think the reason it's not being made is because no one knows how to start development on it. Star Wars is huge, Battlefront is the biggest most popular Star Wars video game series, SWB2 if I remember correctly surpassed Halo 2 as #1 played online game on Xbox. Battlefront 3 is a huge responsibility, I just hope Disney will finally give us not the Battlefront 3 we deserve, but the one we need right now. :P

Dice could do it... but I want Mirror's Edge 2, and EA is having them push out BattleFields' once every year...
#16 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"][QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]It's probably a blessing that Spark isn't making BF3, their track record isn't exactly that great.Inconsistancy

Dice could do it... but I want Mirror's Edge 2, and EA is having them push out BattleFields' once every year...

We can only hope for a Mirrors Edge 2 :(
#17 Posted by funsohng (27660 posts) -
Sadly they do not seem to understand our desire for just not having the game ever made if it is going to be made by Sparks Unlimited of all people.
#18 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -
Sadly they do not seem to understand our desire for just not having the game ever made if it is going to be made by Sparks Unlimited of all people.funsohng
Now that Disney bought Lucas Films I don't think Sparks Unlimited will get to make it. This article was before the buyout.