So.....The Mass Effect DLC. Who has it? What's your Impressions? [no spoilers]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
So, is the Mass Effect DLC worth it?
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MikeE21286

Its not even out yet dude.. What planet are you on?NitaraPwnzU

It came out today....March 10th

:|

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts
My bad.. for some reason I thought it was next week. I will be checking it out tommorrow.
iusm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 iusm78
Member since 2008 • 1474 Posts

[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]Its not even out yet dude.. What planet are you on?MikeE21286

But it's only February 22, dude.. What planet are you on?

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]Its not even out yet dude.. What planet are you on?iusm78

I am pretty sure it's March 10th dude. Check your calendar.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MikeE21286
[QUOTE="iusm78"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]Its not even out yet dude.. What planet are you on?dkhw

I am pretty sure it's March 10th dude. Check your calendar.

I smell a broken sarcasm detector ;)

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
picked 'Not Worth 400 points' by mistake. 400 points is a nice price. Pretty good, the new enemies are pretty cool. Like the batarians who are pretty neat, also the new type of heavy turret that move and the ones with pop-up cover (which was a nasty surprise)
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

No, It's March 10, And in same places of the World it's allready March 11

iusm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iusm78
Member since 2008 • 1474 Posts
[QUOTE="iusm78"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]Its not even out yet dude.. What planet are you on?Marka1700

No, It's March 10, And in same places of the World it's allready March 11.

I think it's just because I live in a different part of the world. You must be American so you can't understand that. I like in Uzbekistan. We can't afford all of the days like you spoiled Yanks can.

DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
it was a fun time, its essentially an uncharted world thats quite populated. the end shootout alone is worth it, and i have to say, the renegade ending is pretty brutal
anonymoussum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anonymoussum1
Member since 2006 • 771 Posts
[QUOTE="Marka1700"][QUOTE="iusm78"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

No, It's March 10, And in same places of the World it's allready March 11.

I think it's just because I live in a different part of the world. You must be American so you can't understand that. I like in Uzbekistan. We can't afford all of the days like you spoiled Yanks can.

All of those greedy capitalists...

Sonir77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sonir77
Member since 2006 • 1846 Posts
Well my 360 should be back any day now... and I have to get mass effect back off a friend then I will continue my second playthrough ( characters first name is "commander")
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
its worth exactly 400 points or 300...i haven;'t finished it, but it is great...feels like it shoulda been the in the game tho...better then all the side quests tho, this feels like a side plot like those loves plots.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

its unbelievable for what they charge for these days...in the old days of Bioware and on a different platform this would have all been free.

Maybe its the Mod factor, but you see a lot, and I mean a lot more free content of the PC. The Witcher is getting a huge content update soon, World In Conflict has been recieving several new maps and a lot of Support, Valve is well known for their free content and gives it out all the time with TF2...even Epic hands out free maps....and Blizzard, well they still update content free even today.

The only time I have ever heard of PC DLC in map form, was for the newer BF games, and even those added new weapons and vehicals.

I dont know why it hasnt happened yet, but Im very glad the whole DLC movment hasnt passed on to the PC.

Fjackel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Fjackel
Member since 2005 • 133 Posts

its unbelievable for what they charge for these days...in the old days of Bioware and on a different platform this would have all been free.

Maybe its the Mod factor, but you see a lot, and I mean a lot more free content of the PC. The Witcher is getting a huge content update soon, World In Conflict has been recieving several new maps and a lot of Support, Valve is well known for their free content and gives it out all the time with TF2...even Epic hands out free maps....and Blizzard, well they still update content free even today.

The only time I have ever heard of PC DLC in map form, was for the newer BF games, and even those added new weapons and vehicals.

I dont know why it hasnt happened yet, but Im very glad the whole DLC movment hasnt passed on to the PC.

cobrax25

its becauseMicrosoftis greedy most of the time the gamecompanieswant to give out the dlc for free butMicrosoftnever gives stuff out for free unlesssomeonepays for it like discoverychanneland the first gears maps

Fjackel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Fjackel
Member since 2005 • 133 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Fjackel

its because Microsoft is greedy most of the time the game companies want to give out the dlc for free but Microsoft never gives stuff out for free unless someone pays for it like discovery channel and the first gears maps

Fixed it dont know why it was all weird like that though

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

i agree tho, content like this should be free if the devs want it to be free. i support steam and gabe newell for saying that he wants all of the tf2 addons free on xbl! heck tho i think bioware wanted to charge for this content to help fund me2, which will earn them more money, but heck, thats what this is all about right? money! games don't run on honey and wishes....

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chaos_HL21
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Fjackel

its becauseMicrosoftis greedy most of the time the gamecompanieswant to give out the dlc for free butMicrosoftnever gives stuff out for free unlesssomeonepays for it like discoverychanneland the first gears maps

MS is not the only one doing that, on PSN there are maps you have to pay to play, also with Oblivion the offical DLC for the PC also needed money to get. Blaming this fully on MS isn't right, the companies now see it as a good way to get money.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 100Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts

why ask here? you'll just have a bunch of bitter cows voting for the first one :|

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
I'm still waiting for my friend to give me back my game. Then i'll buy it in a heartbeat and continue to play :D.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
From what iv heard if you pass a certain point in the game you cant play these missions. Unless you start over or haven't passed that point yet. I passed the point already and I don't wanna beat the game again.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

why ask here? you'll just have a bunch of bitter cows voting for the first one :|

100Gamer

I'm kind of a cow and I'm not bitter:|.

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Why don't someone give us a short recap on what the content actually is(quests? items?) and how much 400p is in $$$?
Avatar image for dragon_master11
dragon_master11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dragon_master11
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts

Why don't someone give us a short recap on what the content actually is(quests? items?) and how much 400p is in $$$?EntwineX

400 mp is about $5.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="Fjackel"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Chaos_HL21

MS is not the only one doing that, on PSN there are maps you have to pay to play, also with Oblivion the offical DLC for the PC also needed money to get. Blaming this fully on MS isn't right, the companies now see it as a good way to get money.

I dont think the DLC for Oblivion ever came to the PC...and why should it...when you can make your own horse armor in the game editor.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chaos_HL21

I dont think the DLC for Oblivion ever came to the PC...and why should it...when you can make your own horse armor in the game editor.

cobrax25

It did, I have the PC copy of Oblivion, and it does have it.

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts

It's worth the £2.70, but no more than that. It is certianly much better value than the halo maps (or anything else on live). Full voice acting, new species, new cinematics. It's exactly what downloadable [charged] content should be.