Sonys Share Play is a Game Changer

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

http://www.businessinsider.com/sonys-ps4-sharing-feature-is-a-game-changer-2014-8

Repost from locked thread.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

I'll say what I said in that thread...

@lundy86_4 said:

Still, it's a neat idea, though it's on a time limit. They also talk about lag in the article, which I feel will play a pretty role.

#3 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (585 posts) -

Meh I'll just play my games on my PS4 and it's a feature I will not use.

#4 Edited by BldgIrsh (2683 posts) -

Is this all cows can hype about?

(It's already a topic on SW's.)

#5 Posted by mems_1224 (47229 posts) -

Nah, its not.

#6 Posted by FinalFighters (1529 posts) -

now watch M$ copy this.

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (30407 posts) -

Will probably in an update in around 2016 or delayed

#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -
@FinalFighters said:

now watch M$ copy this.

haha. yeah good one.

#9 Posted by farrell2k (6325 posts) -

I must say, a link to some web site is a very compelling case you are making here. Let me guess, you're a cow?

#10 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11412 posts) -

So like I said in the other threads. Like what the DS and 3DS have been doing since their launches but more advanced. It's a neat feature but don't think it's such a big deal.

#11 Posted by Bishop1310 (1108 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sonys-ps4-sharing-feature-is-a-game-changer-2014-8

such game changing... lol wtf

#12 Edited by MrFreehuggs (99 posts) -

Good for PS4 and it's owner? Yes. Game changer? Far from it. For a select few it may be the deciding factor but not the masses.

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

Too bad MS never did this stuff for the X1, it could have been a good selling point

#14 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8113 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

I must say, a link to some web site is a very compelling case you are making here. Let me guess, you're a cow?

No, he's a troll.

#15 Posted by clyde46 (46552 posts) -

I don't see this as being a big deal. It will be a novelty.

#16 Posted by foxhound_fox (88651 posts) -

Steam already does this, and gives indefinite time to friends so long as the person who owns the game doesn't want to play it.

#17 Posted by clyde46 (46552 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Steam already does this, and gives indefinite time to friends so long as the person who owns the game doesn't want to play it.

Inb4 "lol PC gaming".

#18 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11412 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

This is different though. Unless I'm mistaken on PS4 it allows you and your friend to play together with a time limit. Though I'll admit the way Steam does it is much better even if only one of you can play it at a time. It's literally letting a friend borrow a game until you want it.

#19 Posted by MonsieurX (30407 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

But that's not really the same thing

#20 Posted by Vecna (3394 posts) -

Not even remotely a game changer. Its a cheap ass way to market games with the time limit imposed.

#21 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@clyde46: Inb4 "lol PC gaming".

Let me join you in that lol.

Lol pc gaming.

#22 Edited by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

I think this Play/Share concept is cool and pretty innovative for consoles.

I can see it being something I might use for cousins and people that live far away from me.

#23 Edited by SolidTy (43673 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Yeah, this let's you play together simultaneously.

#24 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@Vecna: Not even remotely a game changer. Its a cheap ass way to market games with the time limit imposed."

So....

Marketing traditional way > marketing traditional + letting you play the game for a bit ?????

Sober up.

#25 Posted by RR360DD (11979 posts) -

A laggy stream of a game with a time limit and no option to save?! Sounds great!

#26 Posted by silversix_ (14779 posts) -

If the time limit is only one hour, how is it supposed to be a game changer?

#27 Posted by adamosmaki (9645 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@FinalFighters said:

now watch M$ copy this.

haha. yeah good one.

and the problem one company copying a good think another company made ( and btw this is not and do it better is exactly what ?

Or i guess you think playstation got where it is today by not copying others ?

Also this feature is not a first for Sony you know. Others are doing it ( maybe Sony added a couple of new features and is a bit different but is hardly a first time think unlike what many cows seem to think )

#28 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4145 posts) -

@FinalFighters: Sony actually copied this from MS. Or do people not remember the retracted family share option?

#29 Edited by intotheminx (702 posts) -

I have a feeling this feature will be talked about more than it is actually used.

#30 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25513 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@clyde46: Inb4 "lol PC gaming".

Let me join you in that lol.

Lol pc gaming.

Yeah LOL PC Gaming.

#31 Posted by nini200 (9817 posts) -

Isn't this like the Single Cartridge game sharing feature that the regular DS had? It let multiple players play a game if only one person had the actual game.

#32 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

A crappy version of steam-family-sharing.

PSN will never be half as good as steam, so just stop.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (45084 posts) -

SONY living the by gamers FOR gamers mantra, that has propelled them to current gen 8 leader.

#34 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27859 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@foxhound_fox said:

For an hour.

#35 Edited by Gue1 (10186 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

no it doesn't.

#36 Posted by speedfog (3223 posts) -

Time limit? Lolol

#37 Posted by Gue1 (10186 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SolidTy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@foxhound_fox said:

For an hour.

If you want the game then buy it, ask your friend to lend you the disc... Or pirate it like most PC gamers do.

#38 Posted by clyde46 (46552 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SolidTy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@foxhound_fox said:

For an hour.

If you want the game then buy it, ask your friend to lend you the disc... Or pirate it like most PC gamers do.

You been reading from the same page as Ubisoft I see.

#39 Posted by bobbetybob (19286 posts) -

So basically it's going to be completely pointless on 90% of peoples internet connections especially in multiplayer games. Plus this has to be coded into the game, how many developers are even going to bother? It sounds like a lot of hassle to put in a feature most people will only use once.

#40 Edited by glez13 (8874 posts) -

What I don't understand is, are the 60 minute sessions limitless or is it like just one session per game or like per day or some other kind of limit?

#41 Posted by B4X (5074 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

This could lower the number of NOOB deaths in The Demon, Souls, and Bloodborne games.

Just think 95% of you guys might get the false sense of actually beating the games now. Might even catch up to Xbox completion percentage, and lower those incredible death tolls?

Win, Win for all!

#42 Posted by tdkmillsy (1399 posts) -

@intotheminx said:

I have a feeling this feature will be talked about more than it is actually used.

Exactly

#43 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11412 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Isn't this like the Single Cartridge game sharing feature that the regular DS had? It let multiple players play a game if only one person had the actual game.

It's what I've been saying in the multiple threads that have been posted yet al TCs have completely ignored it.

#44 Edited by CDWJUSTIN (2078 posts) -

ever heard of the saying dont knock it till you try it... you people are all talking as if youve used it already

#45 Edited by lamprey263 (24130 posts) -

Only allowed to play with your friends for 1 hour, some game changer, but I guess it's better than nothing. It'll be interesting to see how the streaming works since it's user hosted and not like the other player downloads the game and a dedicated server in between mediates things.

#46 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8113 posts) -

No, it isn't.

#47 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29373 posts) -

Redefining the gaming experience, now you can let other people play your games for you!

#48 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11412 posts) -

That whole one hour time limit makes me wonder how it works.. Is it one hour a day? One hour every few hours? One hour one time only? Has it been mentioned how that works?

#49 Posted by mikhail (2261 posts) -

Another compelling and thoughtful topic from AmazonAngry. I mean, how can one argue with all of those detailed and well-researched facts?

#50 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28421 posts) -

lolololololol time limited demo that is laggy.

lololol Oh sheen's.