Sony would consider a bundle with both PS3 and Vita

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Now this should be interesting, while not confirmed yet, Sony said that they wouldnt mind having a future bundle with both PS3 and Vita together...according to Sony "We have nothing against [a bundle] whatsoever," Fergal Gara, managing director of PlayStation UK recently told CVG. Fergal added that it could conceivably happen as early as this Christmas, if Sony wanted.

Sony also said that such bundle would do perfectly since both platforms have cross play features.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/01/sony-would-consider-bundling-vita-with-ps3/

1508ef8b315227596d03cc7b5ab609eb.PNG

PErsonally i think a bundle of both systems at $450 or $499 would make sense

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
Doesn't sound very practical.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
:/
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Doesn't sound very practical. _Cadbury_

If it does happen then that is one hell of a deal actually.. you get both systems at once and probably a little cheaper than buying both separately... should be a great bundle for those interested in both systems ( if it does happen )

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
'k.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]Doesn't sound very practical. finalstar2007

If it does happen then that is one hell of a deal actually.. you get both systems at once and probably a little cheaper than buying both separately... should be a great bundle for those interested in both systems ( if it does happen )

But I really doubt there are enough people out there who want to buy a ps3 and vita in one hit to warrant a bundle.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#8 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
If you don't want to buy the Vita by itself, you certainly don't want to pay extra for it when you buy a PS3. Maybe if lots more PS3 games had remote play, it would make sense.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Actually a decent solution for this holiday, if done properly. They just need to make people awarE that games such as R&C, battle royale and others Are cross buy too. Once the vita drops in price next year this should be more viable a solution.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rjdofu

If you don't want to buy the Vita by itself, you certainly don't want to pay extra for it when you buy a PS3. Maybe if lots more PS3 games had remote play, it would make sense.Cherokee_Jack
True, even so, getting the bundle just for the remote play feature is a waste, it's like paying $200 for a controller. Maybe you meant cross buy?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
I personally don't think it's a good idea, but I know nothing about business :P
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Make sense how? What incentive does each provide.. Slight price difference if I were to buy both. I don't see this being a reason wanting to own either, especially a Vita.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

It would sell worse than the PSP Go.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41524 Posts
That sounds... STUPID! That would be like if Nintendo bundled GBA with GameCube.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44535 Posts
Not really going to appeal to people that already have a PS3, and if they don't already have one I doubt many people will jump on this deal.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I just don't see it...

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
It would be a smart move to position it against the Wii U.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Well, I didn't expect this.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
unless vita is for free this bundle can gtfo. 500$ for a relic and a handheld with no games is a no no.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Sony including the Vita with the PS3 won't make people think its like the Wii U, give up this desperate fixation with wanting to be Nintendo it ain't going to happen

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#23 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41524 Posts

Sony including the Vita with the PS3 won't make people think its like the Wii U, give up this desperate fixation with wanting to be Nintendo it ain't going to happen

Supabul

If anything, it's nothing more than spruced up GameCube and GBA when they link as well as the fact that you have to buy a separate system in order for stuff like this to work.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19561 Posts
I suppose if they bundled Vitas in for free with every PS3, that might generate a bit of a boost in Vita software sales...? ...but no, I don't really see this being a hugely popular bundle. Most people interested in Sony already have a PS3 (and/or maybe a Vita), and those who were on the fence about buying one or the other aren't going to be easily swayed into buying both at once (unless there was some massive price cut on the bundle, of course).
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Well this is some important non-news :|
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
A ps3 and a Vita? So Sony is basically saying, "hey, can you throw this away for us?"
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts
I'd rather have $200+ worth of world class, high scoring, meta game spread sheet making PS3 exclusives instead of the Vita.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#29 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I think it's a terrible idea. Almost everyone who wants a PS3 has one, just make a more affordable Vita bundle and get great 3rd party support. Plus I know if there ever was a PS/Vita bundle it'd be at least 500 CDN and that's way too much.

EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts
And people wonder why the Sony brand is going broke. There will be no PS5 if sony continues like this. Hell there might night be a PS4.
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]I'd rather have $200+ worth of world class, high scoring, meta game spread sheet making PS3 exclusives instead of the Vita. sts106mat
too bad LBK, wonderbook, Twisted metal, Ratchet and wank & PSABR wont be world class or high scoring. you'll be better off with a vita

Are serious? Wonderbook is gonna sell like hot cakes!
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

They should do PS4 and Vita. If they make the bundle $100 more then I would probably spend the extra to get it.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

A buy a PS3 get a Vita for free bundle might work. Like how they were giving away PS3s if you bought a TV type thing.

Otherwise unless it is deeply discounted I doubt many people would be interested in buying two game systems at one time for over $500.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"]I'd rather have $200+ worth of world class, high scoring, meta game spread sheet making PS3 exclusives instead of the Vita. sts106mat
too bad LBK, wonderbook, Twisted metal, Ratchet and wank & PSABR wont be world class or high scoring. you'll be better off with a vita

Nope, I'd rather have fuking WONDERBOOK, than Vita...And StarHawk and TwistedMetal BOTH(woot woot) made the spreadsheet, and that's all that matters and thus SDC. Thank you Sony for at least that.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] too bad LBK, wonderbook, Twisted metal, Ratchet and wank & PSABR wont be world class or high scoring. you'll be better off with a vita

Nope, I'd rather have fuking WONDERBOOK, than Vita...And StarHawk and TwistedMetal BOTH(woot woot) made the spreadsheet, and that's all that matters and thus SDC. Thank you Sony for at least that.

starhawk looks good actually, i'd probably enjoy that. but twisted metal, nah.

You never played TM on the PS1 or PS2? Sweet Tooth am cry.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#38 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

smart choice for Sony.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Haha I love how Sony are literally insane :P
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]starhawk looks good actually, i'd probably enjoy that. but twisted metal, nah. sts106mat
You never played TM on the PS1 or PS2? Sweet Tooth am cry.

nah, like i just said in another thread, i am really picky about the type of games i play, i am actually getting worse with age. i cannot say i have truly thoroughly enjoyed a game released this year apart from Mass Effect 3 & Trials Evo. nothing has grabbed me. i am hoping halo 4 gives me that first few minutes of "yes, stuck in this game for months" feeling that skyrim did last November.

You should rent Sleeping Dogs, I'm playing it on Pc and it's a jolly good time ;)
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rjdofu
Haha I love how Sony are literally insane :Plocopatho
:? how?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Haha I love how Sony are literally insane :Prjdofu

It seems to me like only a hardcore PS fan would want to own both these expensive machines and use the cross play features yet a hardcore PS fan would already have one or both of these...
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
got both.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"]I'd rather have $200+ worth of world class, high scoring, meta game spread sheet making PS3 exclusives instead of the Vita. Heil68

Even if I did play home consoles anymore I would still use portables too. Since I play games at more than just home.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] nah, like i just said in another thread, i am really picky about the type of games i play, i am actually getting worse with age. i cannot say i have truly thoroughly enjoyed a game released this year apart from Mass Effect 3 & Trials Evo. nothing has grabbed me. i am hoping halo 4 gives me that first few minutes of "yes, stuck in this game for months" feeling that skyrim did last November.

You should rent Sleeping Dogs, I'm playing it on Pc and it's a jolly good time ;)

box art turned me off straight away, also third person games, they make me even more fussy. got really bored of max payne 3 after a few levels, that seemed way too shallow for me. like i said, a lot of games suck this year. borderlands was awesome but gave me big headaches i had to sell it.

How did borderlands give you headaches? :S
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] nah, like i just said in another thread, i am really picky about the type of games i play, i am actually getting worse with age. i cannot say i have truly thoroughly enjoyed a game released this year apart from Mass Effect 3 & Trials Evo. nothing has grabbed me. i am hoping halo 4 gives me that first few minutes of "yes, stuck in this game for months" feeling that skyrim did last November.

box art turned me off straight away, also third person games, they make me even more fussy. got really bored of max payne 3 after a few levels, that seemed way too shallow for me. like i said, a lot of games suck this year. borderlands was awesome but gave me big headaches i had to sell it.

I'm.. Super confused. Headache? Due to what? And how does this work with Halo? Not hating here just genuinly asking
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Haha I love how Sony are literally insane :Plocopatho

It seems to me like only a hardcore PS fan would want to own both these expensive machines and use the cross play features yet a hardcore PS fan would already have one or both of these...

It all depends on pricing & games bundled with it, if they can price it nicely, it'll be a fine option for new fans. I agree with you though, buying that bundle only for cross play feature is pretty stupid. However, there's cross buy feature as well, buy PS3 ver and get Vita ver for free.

If Sony try this, it's obvious that they want to compete with the Wii U. They're kinda similar, but vastly different at the same time. I don't know, it seems Sony is going the opposite direction of Nintendo, instead of separate handheld and console apart, they try to make the gap as close as possible. Though I don't really like it (I want the vita to be something different, for it to stands on its own), I'll wait to see how that turns out.