Sony wants me to pay to access my PS3 saves...

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Even though I paid 20$ for PSNow, I can't access my PS3 saves. I figured I'd finish GOW 2 HD. I was delighted to see it in PSNow, was even more delighted to see I could actually take my PS3 saves and picked up where I left off. Everything was great...until I got a message that I needed PS Plus to have cloud storage so I could access my saves.

You'd figure by paying 20$/m they would have the decency to at least give you an easy access to your PS3 saves but no...

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I love Sony, but PS Now is fucking garbage any way you look at it.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Well that's not very nice

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

This is no news you need PSN+ for online storage

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Juub1990

@aroxx_ab said:

So on top of the 20$ a month I have to pay another 50$ just so I can access my saves? Don't you think that sucks?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And this is what gamers get for rebuying games they already owned instead of demanding backwards compatibility.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

And this is what gamers get for rebuying games they already owned instead of demanding backwards compatibility.

To believe we have people actually defending this kind of bullshit.. As a pc gamer I couldn't imagine not being able to play some of my favorite games that are many years old..

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Typical. There is no limit to Sony's dumb shit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Psn now isnt backward compatibility fool it work even on tv and you dont need a ps4..lol

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aroxx_ab

@Juub1990 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

So on top of the 20$ a month I have to pay another 50$ just so I can access my saves? Don't you think that sucks?

Doesnt matter what i think, it is what it is

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

So, TC, I'm with you. I was never really a fan of this whole pay to play nonsense from the get-go. However, the question does beg to be asked. What would be a fair amount of cloud storage for an unpaid PSN account?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I love the techy bullshit. "Its not BC and neither is X1's". I don't give a shit what you call it, or how it is accomplished. Can I play games from the previous gen's offerings on the latest console? Well then I am calling it backwards compatible. I hope it chaps people's butts. No matter how its cut, PS is trying to make money off of BC with the PS4, their HDTVs. Look at their corporate finances and its easy to see why. I wont be using PSNow in any way shape or form and am thankful my X1 is rolling out my games from 360.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox

@tormentos said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Psn now isnt backward compatibility fool it work even on tv and you dont need a ps4..lol

Not sure what this has to do with the TC's problem.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Wait, there are actually people who use PSNow?

@sSubZerOo said:

As a pc gamer I couldn't imagine not being able to play some of my favorite games that are many years old..

Yeah, and you only have to buy them again from GOG to make them run. Lulz.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

So, TC, I'm with you. I was never really a fan of this whole pay to play nonsense from the get-go. However, the question does beg to be asked. What would be a fair amount of cloud storage for an unpaid PSN account?

I'd say 1gb, that's not very much (more than enough for saves) and a person with the platform alone is going to buy games and bring revenue to it regardless.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aroxx_ab

@cainetao11 said:

I love the techy bullshit. "Its not BC and neither is X1's". I don't give a shit what you call it, or how it is accomplished. Can I play games from the previous gen's offerings on the latest console? Well then I am calling it backwards compatible. I hope it chaps people's butts. No matter how its cut, PS is trying to make money off of BC with the PS4, their HDTVs. Look at their corporate finances and its easy to see why. I wont be using PSNow in any way shape or form and am thankful my X1 is rolling out my games from 360.

So would you call Nintendo Virtual console Eshop BC?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cainetao11

@aroxx_ab said:
@cainetao11 said:

Yeah sure. Why not? As long as I can do it with the disc or cartridge. But in that case the ONLY way you can is buying the game again digitally. Why does it even matter?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NyaDC
@aroxx_ab said:
@cainetao11 said:

If you're playing a game on a newer succeeding system from a previous generation console I'd say that qualifies as BC regardless of how it's accomplished.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Or just keeping their PS3. Equally hilarious Xbox One owners bleating about x game is not on BC list and they can't play it because the halfwit fucktards sold their 360 knowing they want to play 360 titles.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cainetao11

@nyadc said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@cainetao11 said:

If you're playing a game on a newer succeeding system from a previous generation console I'd say that qualifies as BC regardless of how it's accomplished.

But in the case of the VC there is no way I can put a Gamecube disc into my WiiU and play the game. I would have to buy it again digitally. With PSNow, Sony is attempting to answer the BC option with a revenue generating plan. And it sucks to be honest.

The_Power_of_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Power_of_X
Member since 2013 • 563 Posts

@Juub1990: Well yeah you are using their cloud service to store your saves. And I don't know if things changed for the XOne but on the 360 it was the same deal. If you wanted to back up your save files on their cloud services then you had to pay for XBL.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NyaDC

@cainetao11 said:
@nyadc said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@cainetao11 said:

But in the case of the VC there is no way I can put a Gamecube disc into my WiiU and play the game. I would have to buy it again digitally. With PSNow, Sony is attempting to answer the BC option with a revenue generating plan. And it sucks to be honest.

Yes it does suck and it's bullshit that money is being charged for this, however are you still able to play these older games on this newer system even if you have to pay for them again? The answer is yes.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

It's a dumb move. It makes a lot of sense to give you cloud access. The goal should be to unify the services and gamers. For 20 dollars a month, PS Plus should be thrown in. Let's say they lost a tiny amount of money doing that, but imagine what it would do for their social gaming goals, brand building and PSNow building. It seems short sighted.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@nethernova said:

Wait, there are actually people who use PSNow?

@sSubZerOo said:

As a pc gamer I couldn't imagine not being able to play some of my favorite games that are many years old..

Yeah, and you only have to buy them again from GOG to make them run. Lulz.

... No you don't... For the few games that don't work out of the box there are easy to find patches.. The PS4 and XboxOne (up until recently) can't play games released 5 years ago, meanwhile on the pc I am able to play the majority of my library spanning back 10 to 15 years with minimal hassle outside of turning on compatibility mode..

Hell even if you buy the game on GOG.. Your not barred from using it down the future with other computers.. Much of the shit you bought on the PS3 can't ever be used with the PS4.. How are people seriously defending this crap?

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@blueinheaven: lol that is pretty funny. Luckily I kept my Xbox 360 and my backlog is ridiculous.

Back on topic Sony "this is for the player's" "greatness awaits". Well I'm awaiting a lawsuit from some angry cows for more false advertising.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

The cloud storage is a known part of the PS+ service,

This sounds like a you problem.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

So you pay a subscription service to play games you already own but then need a second subscription service if you want to access your save games?

There are actually people defending this as well?

Wow, I'm lost for words.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Save your games on the cloud (PS Plus). If you haven't played your PS3 games on your PS4 before, how the hell were you expecting to have access to them on your new console?

And why don't you have PlayStation Plus yet? wtf, man!

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Can't you transfer them on a usb drive?

If not then that's some stupid shit.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Can't you transfer them on a usb drive?

If not then that's some stupid shit.

You probably can.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Juub1990: One of the benefits of PS+ was cloud saves. It sucks you found this out the way you did, but it has been like this for years.

You could always just transfer the saves via a USB drive or HDD though. I did this for years before cloud saving was a thing.

I don't use BC but I also don't use PSNow.

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SuperFlyZero
Member since 2015 • 414 Posts

I understand why PS Now exists, but I can't imagine being a poor sap who would have to use it. It's great being a game collector.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos

@foxhound_fox said:

Neither did your argument about rebuying game which is false by the way.

@cainetao11 said:

So how is it backward compatibility when it work on Playstation TV.? On Sony TV's on Samsung TV without requiring a PS4 at all.?

PSN Now is not backward compatibility is a streaming rental service much like netflix,you don't even need a PS4 the PS4 is one of the platforms that support it,the PS4 don't have backward compatibility because the Jaguar inside the PS4 can't emulate Cell at all,is a whimp CPU which is even beat by Cell in some test like Ubisoft one abotu compute.

In fact all it takes is reading how TLOU was ported,most of the effects run on Cell were moved to the GPU because that Jaguar is a whimp to do those,Cell wasn't the best ever but it worked like an Ageia PPU from a few years back what you now know as PhysX on Nvidia cards.

Yeah hope you don't have any COD or GTA or the hundreds of games that are incompatible,because yeah you need a 360 for those,and you can't play them on xbox one.

So No Bioshock 1,2 and 3.? No Battlefield.? No Left 4Dead .? No Halo Ce,3 4,reach odst.? Oh wait you have a collection you can buy for $60 on xbox one funny how Halo which is a MS game is not there and worse spartant which is total shit is.

Isn't that MS way of saying fu** you want to play Halo 1,2,3,4 buy the collection.? Aren't you smacking that kind of practices.? I could understand other games but Halo.? That is a on purpose omition to keep selling the MCC to xbox one owners.

No Forza.? No Red dead Redention + zombie mode? No Crackdown.? Only 1 Assassins Creed.? No Ghost Recon.? No Saints Row,No lost platent,no Dead Rising.?No Oblivion,no Skyrim.? No Mafia.? NO Tomb Raider,No Hitman,NO witcher..

I think is easy to show my point and is obvious that MS backward compatibility was put in place to have something to brag about on xbox one,rather than being a true effort,much like it happen with all the 180 they have done this gen to please some and stop the bad image they got.

From what i can see either you have a shitty list of xbox 360 games or you basically played nothing on xbox 360,because i just named many of the popular franchices and games which were hugely pupolar on 360 and many aren't there,having a 360 list of games without Halo,Forza,COD,GTA is a total failure most AC missing,no tomb raider no loss planet some of thise games make the 360 what it was.

So yeah celebrate that the xbox one play your 360 games,the reality is further from the truth and saying all i need is this game or that game it totally pathetic and not an excuse that justify the lack of great games.

@nyadc said:

Yeah i guess Some samsung TV are backward compatible with the PS3..lol But how can that be those TV are not consoles how can a TV be backward compatible with a console when is not.?

PSN now is a RENTAL service is not backward compatibility and you don't need a PS4 to play it,hell it would work on Cell phones if sony allows it,is a streaming services much like Netflix is you are not rebuying shit on PSN now pay a monthly feed to rent those games.

As for Juub1990 the lemming.

You can save and continue your game on PSN now without PSN+ you can continue your game were you left it up even if you change from PS4 to a Sony TV,what you can't do is download your save from the cloud to your PS3,because that is a PSN+ feature and has being since before PSN now existed.

Can I save and resume my game?

Yes. Your game saves are stored in our cloud storage system allowing you to pick up your game save, on any enabled PlayStation Now device.

Can I download my game saved data from PlayStationâ„¢Now to my PS3 console?

Yes, if you are a PlayStation Plus member, you can transfer saved data from PS Now to your local PS3 system via PS+ Online Storage.

Can I upload my game saved data from my PS3 console to PlayStationâ„¢Now?

Yes, if you are a PlayStation Plus member, you can transfer saved data to PS Now from your local PS3 system via PS+ Online Storage.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/faq/

Uploading and downloading Saves to the cloud is a PSN+ feature and always have being.

@cainetao11 said:

For the 10th time PSN now is not Restricted to the PS4 is a rental service like netflix that work on TV some even not from Sony like some Samsung models,and Playstation TV as well which has no PS3 hardware at all,so how can it be backward compatibility when the device in question is a TV.? Since when TV are backward compatible with consoles.?

The PS4 is one of the platforms that support it just like others is not backward compatibility dude.

@GarGx1 said:

So you pay a subscription service to play games you already own but then need a second subscription service if you want to access your save games?

Wow, I'm lost for words.

Is not how he paint it.

Uploading and downloading saves to the cloud has always being a PSN+ feature since before PSN now existed,now if you pay for PSN now and you want to save and continue playing you can and you don't need PSN+,in fact you can be playing on PS4 and move to your PS TV device and still you can continue your game were you left it between devices,what you can't do is download your save from the cloud because that is a PSN+ features and sony make it clear on their faq page that i just link now.

And no unless you own all PS3 games is not paying for game you already own,in fact you rent in PSN now you don't buy games so you are not buying anything,and if you compare it with gamefly which is $22 now a month and how you have to wait until the game arrive by mail is better,as there is no download or anything or waiting,

Lemmings trying to pass PSN now as backward compatibility are a joke even more of a joke is TC where was he when MS was charging people to access netflix,hulu and all that crap that they stopped doing this gen after they saw how the xbox one was sinking.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@darkspineslayer: No it sounds like a shitty PS Now problem.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Sounds like he's trying to play games from gen to the next for free.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
@sSubZerOo said:

... No you don't... For the few games that don't work out of the box there are easy to find patches.. The PS4 and XboxOne (up until recently) can't play games released 5 years ago, meanwhile on the pc I am able to play the majority of my library spanning back 10 to 15 years with minimal hassle outside of turning on compatibility mode..

Hell even if you buy the game on GOG.. Your not barred from using it down the future with other computers.. Much of the shit you bought on the PS3 can't ever be used with the PS4.. How are people seriously defending this crap?

That is because PC is x86 the PS4 uses x86 hardware for the first time,the PS3 uses a PPC CPU with SPE which was cumbersome and hard to code for even on its own platform,let alone try to emulate on diferent hardware the 360 CPU didn't have SPE only 3 PPE basically so emulating it with that Jaguar is an easier job Emulating Cell on that Jaguar is imposible hell to emulate the PS2 CPU you need something better than a Jaguar on PC.

The hardware is different and the processs to emulate those Cell process are not easy it would probably require a game by game code rather than a 1 tool fix all problems.

I am sure that if sony stick with AMD and use x86 for their next platforms they could achieve backward compatibility much betetr and without extra hardware.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp

@LJS9502_basic said:
@jg4xchamp said:

How is it free if he's paying for a service, said service lets you go from device to device, but to use the part where you are using your saved data, you have to pay for a separate service than the one you are already paying for. I believe that's putting a feature behind a pay wall.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@jg4xchamp said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@jg4xchamp said:

How is it free if he's paying for a service, said service lets you go from device to device, but to use the part where you are using your saved data, you have to pay for a separate service than the one you are already paying for. I believe that's putting a feature behind a pay wall.

Apparent;y that service is not included in the cost. That happens. Not just with games.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@The_Power_of_X: You don't have to pay for Gold to have access to cloud save file storage on Xbox One. I'm not sure if it's been like that since its premiere or they changed it early 2014 when they dropped some system functionality/apps being behind paywall but it's there for a 1.5 years at least. I'm not sure if it also applies to X360 tho.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jg4xchamp

@LJS9502_basic said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Apparent;y that service is not included in the cost. That happens. Not just with games.

No no no it's a video game, in an era where saving games is a thing, he's streaming digital versions of a game through a service that lets him save to a cloud. And to use it on other devices even though he's already paying for the service that lets him play and upload to a cloud, to actually access it he needs to now also pay for a separate service just to access stuff he's already paying for.

That is stupid. If you don't see the issue there, you are absolutely part of the problem.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

PauperStation strikes again.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos

@jg4xchamp said:

Is not you can save and even move across devices using the same save,what you can't do is download your save to the PS3 which is a PSN+ feature since before PSN now existed.

Maybe next time he should educate him self better,because it is on sony faq page.

@jg4xchamp said:

Wrong you can use your save, can be playing on PS4 and say you change to PS Tv and you can continue there using the same save you have,you don't need PSN+ to use saves across devices what you need PSN+ is to download that save to your PS3 because that is a PSN+ feature in fact to upload them in the first place you need it a PSN+ account because that was a PSN+ feature on PS3 even when the PS4 wasn't here and online play was free.

PSN Now saves are done in the cloud but you can save and continue without needing PSN+ and you can do that across difference devices.

I find even more hypocrite and stupid to see lemming trying desperate to make a case,when they were nickel and dime all last gen and even charge to access freaking netflix which every one could access free,even Internet Explorer was hiden behind a pay wall on 360 when the PS3 had a browser from launch free.

Hell MS hid game recording under live gold and that is a damn hardware feature which you already pay for when your bouth the console,even to record your own game you have to pay for gold,don't know if they drop that shit already but on launch it was like that,so was paying for netflix,hulu and skype as well,that last one is free on pc as well but on xbox one is not.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@jg4xchamp said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@jg4xchamp said:

No no no it's a video game, in an era where saving games is a thing, he's streaming digital versions of a game through a service that lets him save to a cloud. And to use it on other devices even though he's already paying for the service that lets him play and upload to a cloud, to actually access it he needs to now also pay for a separate service just to access stuff he's already paying for.

That is stupid. If you don't see the issue there, you are absolutely part of the problem.

And the bolded is the difference. Personally I play PS3 games on a PS3. I'm not the problem. It's the self entitlement people that are the problem.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox

@tormentos said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Neither did your argument about rebuying game which is false by the way.

So I can just put my PS2 games into a PS4 and they will work flawlessly?

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

You have PS NOW but not PSN+???

Why and how?

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Wow, I'm lost for words.

no. You can put your saves on a usb.

Cloud storage is a PSN+ feature, his' problem is that he doesnt have PSN+

(his real problem is that he even subscibed to PS NOW in the first place)

He is bitching a whining when he could have just accessed them manually, but he wants them done through a cloud he never paid for.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

The fact that you have to pay ANYTHING for games you already own whether it's a rental fee or buying the game all over again is just dumb and 1 misstep of Sony this gen. Since the PS3 uses cell and makes it kinda hard to make BC work on the PS4 they should have just left it alone and not even focused on anything BC. PSNow is just a joke, period.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Juub1990

@RTUUMM said:

You have PS NOW but not PSN+???

Why and how?

I have no games I want to play online yet. I just own Bloodborne and Uncharted Collection. I wanna beat Bloodborne offline first. I have no use for PSN+ at the moment. PSNow is nice but the price tag is kind of difficult to justify.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50544 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007: Play it on your ps3 and you don't have to pay