Sony VR CONFIRMED (Project Morpheus)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I wonder if this headset can create a virtual reality where PS4 actually has games.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Do SONY have as much experience in the Market as john Carmack? What does Valve have to do with it?

Also the Rift is NOTHING like the headsets used for watching movies, it has FAR more functionality and features

You Clearly know absolutely nothing about the Rift

i suggest you educate yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift

VAlVE is not manufacturing the RIFT you fool,lol

In the making of electronic device a hell of allot more,in fact when sony started making electronic John Carmack wasn't even born.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-11-oculus-rift-recruits-valves-vr-project-lead-as-chief-architect

It isn't being produced by Valve, they just hired the guy as lead chief architect, also, we are talking about VR headsets, NOT electronics in general, just because SONY have been in the electronics business longer than most people doesn't mean they have more expertise in ALL things electronics.

You seem to forget that VR is more than hardware, it's software as well and we are talking about a company that uses MS drivers for there Ps3's,lol

Like i said, instead of just jumping on the first thing actually read the article i posted and realise that the guys at OR, inc have more expertise and experience with not just the hardware but the software involved as well

The Rift is being Manufactured by Occulus Rift,inc dude NOT valve

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

@treedoor said:

I wonder if this headset can create a virtual reality where PS4 actually has games.

They tried,it failed.Even 99% of the Cows who were tested rejected this reality,though they never admitted to it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Shewgenja: good point. Perhaps Sonys VR glasses can introduce something that was missing from the formula. Maybe one day we will laugh at the TV's we have now as this could become the norm.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@StormyJoe:

So you going to enlighten me like I asked or do you just expect me to believe you?

If you can’t that’s alright. You don’t have to admit it.

Oh and your wrong about the Blu Ray. It was required if you didnt want to have games on 3 disc's like some 360 games.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Knowing Sony it's going to be slick. This will be far more next gen than kinect ever was. Sony's ready to steal the thunder from MS once again.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Hopefully its optional and they don't push all development towards it. I don't like VR and don't see it as anything more than a gimmick. However if it brings in $ for Sony so they can produce more AAA games then I'm all for it.

@donalbane said:

It isn't as full featured as the Rift, and it costs 3-4 times as much, so no sale.

Link?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

See cows want their own gimmick, it'll be just like Kinect, neat and interesting with probably tons of potential that it will never live up to.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

I'm glad to see Sony moving in this direction, but I doubt that many console gamers would pay for the tech this console generation. We'll have to wait for a price..

On a side note, I'm more excited for the Oculus Rift than any other piece of hardware that I've ever seen.. By far...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol oh sony shoehorning together a VR tech because another company is doing it.

they did it with rumble, they did it with the move controller.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol oh sony shoehorning together a VR tech because another company is doing it.

they did it with rumble, they did it with the move controller.

Yeah because MS didn't copy anything right.?

My god you red bearded sheen..hahahaha

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@highking_kallor said:

@StormyJoe:

If you say so chump. Drink the MS coolaid. Sucker.

Exactly what is the PS4 doing that the PS3 did not do, other than produce better graphics?

You mean like Party chat,jump between 2 apps with the touch of the Home button,download content when the units is off,pause and resume.

So what is your excuse.? But but the 360 had party chat,yeah the PS3 didn't and the PS4 does..

@StormyJoe said:

It's obvious to me you know nothing about what the XB1 can do. Ignorance must be bliss, I suppose. The XB1 does a lot more than what you mockingly say it does.

And no, not every video game gen is marked by only a hardware upgrade. The PS2 helped make DVDs popular, and the PS3 helped Blu-Rays become popular; neither one was essential to video games. The XBoxLive for the 360 redefined console online experience - which was more than just multiplayer with a headset.

Yeah without DVD PS2 games would have come in 5 Cd's or more,on 2000 not many games used DVD,but by 2001 that majority did,even games on Dreamcast pass 700MB reason why Sega used a GD rom,1GB disc,so yeah DVD was need it for the PS2 gen and MS knew that is the reason the xbox came with 1,the xbox 360 could not have it because on 2005 there was no HD-DVD or Blu-ray ready and the cost was to much as sony losses proved,MS and its fans claimed that Blu-ray wasn't need it part of the advantage the PS3 had over the 360 was uncompressed textures,but wait the same year the PS3 release the 360 got Blue dragon which was 4 DVD so yeah don't tell me it wasn't need it,Mass effect 2 and 3 are multiple disc,even Rage which is a FPS is 3 DVD on xbox 360.

@delta3074 said:

It isn't being produced by Valve, they just hired the guy as lead chief architect, also, we are talking about VR headsets, NOT electronics in general, just because SONY have been in the electronics business longer than most people doesn't mean they have more expertise in ALL things electronics.

You seem to forget that VR is more than hardware, it's software as well and we are talking about a company that uses MS drivers for there Ps3's,lol

Like i said, instead of just jumping on the first thing actually read the article i posted and realise that the guys at OR, inc have more expertise and experience with not just the hardware but the software involved as well

Ok lets do it your way then...

Why can't can it be better.? Why it has to be lol like you claim.

'Have you play with sony's VR do you have other opinions to contradict what this article was saying.? Do you have anything other that your biased opinion.?

Waiting for answers.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I can't see this taking off as I know for a fact Sony is going to put the price too high. Even if the tech is great, people who buy a $399 console don't want to buy a $299 headset for it. PC gamers are glad to drop that kind of money on new toys for their already expensive PCs, it just comes with the territory.

The Oculus Rift is going to be $299 on launch (probably) because it's a pretty advanced piece of hardware that does a lot of things. I can't imagine Sony's being much cheaper.

I'm thinking the same thing. As a peripheral for a $400 console they simply can't price it too high or it won't sell. If it doesn't sell, games won't be made for it. And if games aren't made for it, it will be a flop.

The other limiting factor is the performance capabilities of the console itself. For immersive VR you need low latency and at least 60fps. This means we won't be seeing the latest and greatest AAA games in VR on the PS4. These games often barely run at 30fps, let alone 60fps. This fact may also turn off many gamers.

Still, if they make it cheap enough and focus on quality experiences with simpler graphics tailor made for VR it can still be a success.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Xbone/Kinect killer inbound

"Bu bu but DX12 ;_;"

Not when it's priced at $600+ it won't be. lol!! If they are saying it's better than Oculus Rift which is ($500) we know it will be more then that price. Going to turn out to be another MOVE for Sony. Everyone gets excited for it. It gets released with some support. Sales of the games and the unit faulter after 6 months. 3rd party support dries up quickly. Sony VR owners left with a $600 paper weight and another $1 billion in loses for 2014.

@mems_1224 said:

lol another cheap peripheral from sony hoping ride the success of others

I doubt it will be cheap for the consumer. I bet money that they don't announce the price at the GDC.

No one got excited for Move though. Remember how every part of the E3 conference that involved it was the worst part?

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Sony should get Sega to work on a VR Echo The Dolphin. That would be pretty rad. Swim the vast ocean and explore until Drive Club releases.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@highking_kallor said:

@StormyJoe:

Exactly what is the PS4 doing that the PS3 did not do, other than produce better graphics?

You mean like Party chat,jump between 2 apps with the touch of the Home button,download content when the units is off,pause and resume.

So what is your excuse.? But but the 360 had party chat,yeah the PS3 didn't and the PS4 does..

@StormyJoe said:

It's obvious to me you know nothing about what the XB1 can do. Ignorance must be bliss, I suppose. The XB1 does a lot more than what you mockingly say it does.

And no, not every video game gen is marked by only a hardware upgrade. The PS2 helped make DVDs popular, and the PS3 helped Blu-Rays become popular; neither one was essential to video games. The XBoxLive for the 360 redefined console online experience - which was more than just multiplayer with a headset.

Yeah without DVD PS2 games would have come in 5 Cd's or more,on 2000 not many games used DVD,but by 2001 that majority did,even games on Dreamcast pass 700MB reason why Sega used a GD rom,1GB disc,so yeah DVD was need it for the PS2 gen and MS knew that is the reason the xbox came with 1,the xbox 360 could not have it because on 2005 there was no HD-DVD or Blu-ray ready and the cost was to much as sony losses proved,MS and its fans claimed that Blu-ray wasn't need it part of the advantage the PS3 had over the 360 was uncompressed textures,but wait the same year the PS3 release the 360 got Blue dragon which was 4 DVD so yeah don't tell me it wasn't need it,Mass effect 2 and 3 are multiple disc,even Rage which is a FPS is 3 DVD on xbox 360.

@delta3074 said:

'Have you play with sony's VR do you have other opinions to contradict what this article was saying.? Do you have anything other that your biased opinion.?

Waiting for answers.

The Ps4's hardware limitations will mean it is not as good as the rift for starters dude, show some common sense dude, you are talking a VR Headset for what is essentially a mid range PC whereas the Rift is 1080p at 60fps, something niether the XB1 or the Ps4 have been able to maintain consistently, the bottom line is that the PC version, occulus Rift is obviously going to perform better because of the powerful hardware it is designed to be attached too, you keep telling other people to show common sense now it's your turn dude.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#68 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@donalbane said:

It isn't as full featured as the Rift, and it costs 3-4 times as much, so no sale.

Link?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HMZ-T3W-Head-Mounted-Viewer/dp/B00FNJGJN0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394713500&sr=8-2&keywords=virtual+reality+helmet

$1000, no headphones, 720p.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

@StormyJoe:

So you going to enlighten me like I asked or do you just expect me to believe you?

If you can’t that’s alright. You don’t have to admit it.

Oh and your wrong about the Blu Ray. It was required if you didnt want to have games on 3 disc's like some 360 games.

Do you have any idea how sick and tired I am of explaining this to people? WTF? You people bash a product you know nothing about, and then want people like me to do the research for you.

Believe whatever you want - if you want to be looked upon as an ignorant fanboy, by all means continue down your current path.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@highking_kallor said:

@StormyJoe:

@StormyJoe said:

@delta3074 said:

Waiting for answers.

@tormentos, once again, you prove that you know absolutely nothing. I might as well just reply with a bunch of "blah blah blahs". All you do is say the same ignorant comments. FYI: just because you type it over and over again does not magically make it true.

You don't even OWN any next gen consoles, and you are going to try and tell me what the capabilities of each one are? What-the-f*ck-ever.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos, once again, you prove that you know absolutely nothing. I might as well just reply with a bunch of "blah blah blahs". All you do is say the same ignorant comments. FYI: just because you type it over and over again does not magically make it true.

You don't even OWN any next gen consoles, and you are going to try and tell me what the capabilities of each one are? What-the-f*ck-ever.

One again you run like a coward when i own your silly ass over,you asked what the PS4 did that the PS3 didn't that wasn't just better graphics i told you some of the things and you go into full denial,party chat alone is enough to kill your argument.

Yet i know more about what the PS4 can do that the PS3 didn't than you do,is that a lack of knowledge on your part about the PS3 or the PS4 which one.?

Here we go again is that you Kingtito.? Is that your other alter account Stormy.? boy because you sure hold tied to the same lame argument he does,hey you own a xbox one,you don't freaking own a PS4 so you are calling me out because i don't own one to know what it does,but you are downplaying the hardware of the PS4 without fu**ing owning one.?

My god what a hypocrite you really are,now admit that you loss and move on,there are several things the PS4 can do that the PS3 could not,and you look bitter and sad downplaying the PS4 hardware without OWNING it which you accuse me of not doing..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tormentos

@donalbane said:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HMZ-T3W-Head-Mounted-Viewer/dp/B00FNJGJN0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394713500&sr=8-2&keywords=virtual+reality+helmet

Thats not sony's VR that is sony's head mount which give you and experience of seeing a 700inch TV and support for 3D movies,is wireless and work with a wide range of devices...hahahah

That is not sony's VR....lol Nor is an indication of how much it will cost,specially when Oculus rift is say to cost $300.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

it's gonna be an awesome gimmick that people are gonna be very eager to try. once.

then it's back to business as usual.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#74 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

PS Move, 3D and now this... Meh.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

One again you run like a coward when i own your silly ass over,you asked what the PS4 did that the PS3 didn't that wasn't just better graphics i told you some of the things and you go into full denial,party chat alone is enough to kill your argument.

Yet i know more about what the PS4 can do that the PS3 didn't than you do,is that a lack of knowledge on your part about the PS3 or the PS4 which one.?

Here we go again is that you Kingtito.? Is that your other alter account Stormy.? boy because you sure hold tied to the same lame argument he does,hey you own a xbox one,you don't freaking own a PS4 so you are calling me out because i don't own one to know what it does,but you are downplaying the hardware of the PS4 without fu**ing owning one.?

My god what a hypocrite you really are,now admit that you loss and move on,there are several things the PS4 can do that the PS3 could not,and you look bitter and sad downplaying the PS4 hardware without OWNING it which you accuse me of not doing..

I didn't run from anything.

"You mean like Party chat,jump between 2 apps with the touch of the Home button,download content when the units is off,pause and resume." <- Those are your "great next gen features" that makes the PS4 more than just a hardware upgrade? Really? Those could not have just been accomplished by an OS patch to the PS3?

I have used a PS4 at last a dozen times now. How many times have you used one?

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

@donalbane said:

@Spartan070 said:

@donalbane said:

Link?

That has absolutely nothing to do with their proposed PS4 headset but whatever.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

"You mean like Party chat,jump between 2 apps with the touch of the Home button,download content when the units is off,pause and resume." <- Those are your "great next gen features" that makes the PS4 more than just a hardware upgrade? Really? Those could not have just been accomplished by an OS patch to the PS3?

Like 5 times already funny i have play it less than you yet know the PS4 has features the PS3 doesn't have.

Yet i know that the PS4 has a share button that allow you to share videos instantly,which the PS3 didn't have.

A controller with a 3.5 jack which allow you to use any head phones you may have to hear the game like Beats Audio or any brand.

Remote play.?

Play as you download.

Why the PS3 didn't party chat if is just as easy as getting a patch.?

The PS4 controller alone allow for things impossible on the PS4.

Admit it you lose..

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Like 5 times already funny i have play it less than you yet know the PS4 has features the PS3 doesn't have.

Yet i know that the PS4 has a share button that allow you to share videos instantly,which the PS3 didn't have.

A controller with a 3.5 jack which allow you to use any head phones you may have to hear the game like Beats Audio or any brand.

Remote play.?

Play as you download.

Why the PS3 didn't party chat if is just as easy as getting a patch.?

The PS4 controller alone allow for things impossible on the PS4.

Admit it you lose..

Party chat and playing as you download. Really? So, if the PS4 had exactly the same graphical prowess as the PS3, but offered party chat, a new controller, and the ability to play games as they download; that would be features worthy of calling it a "new" console?

You lose... again.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

lol at some of these cows thinking its going automatically do well. I wonder what games will be supported the VR needed a constant 60fps to maintain a good experience with no lag. Maybe some kiddie linear games will do the trick.

Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Obviously_Right

@TheFadeForever said:

lol at some of these cows thinking its going automatically do well. I wonder what games will be supported the VR needed a constant 60fps to maintain a good experience with no lag. Maybe some kiddie linear games will do the trick.

There's no reason why it can't do 60fps. The graphics don't have to be out of this world to create an immersive experience.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Obviously_Right:

So basically games dedicated to Sony VR guess it might end up limiting its uses

Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Obviously_Right

@TheFadeForever said:

@Obviously_Right:

So basically games dedicated to Sony VR guess it might end up limiting its uses

Probably. I'm not expecting every game to support it or anything like that.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

So when is this event, is it in 10 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes?

Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Obviously_Right

@bobbetybob said:

So when is this event, is it in 10 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes?

5.45 PDT

So around 5 minutes.

Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Obviously_Right

Oh my.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Sony VR inbound. This should be really interesting but I won't get my hopes up. We probably won't see much until E3.

DriveClub + Driving Wheel + VR = Mind Blown

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

yep its happening. expect drive club to release with vr support

Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Obviously_Right

Confirmed. Sony is moving into the VR space.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Nonstop-Madness

Project Morpheus -

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ghostwarrior786

there it is people. project morpheus!!!!

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

DAY FUCKING ZERO.

Seriously, Sony should have invested this $$$ in some awesome new IP's.

I may be undermineing this technology's potential though.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ghostwarrior786

haha

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Bet it's going to be pricy

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

MOTHER OF GOD!!!!

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Hmm, only a prototype, so that means Rift should beat it to the market. PS Move and the PS Camera make a lot more sense now though.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Nonstop-Madness

Shit just got real.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Hmm, I don't expect much from Sony. They've always copied others when it comes to stuff like this, and have consistently failed to properly support those products. At most, we'll probably see a few indie titles make use of it--stuff like The Witness. The hardware limitations of the PS4 will likely doom the product before it's even released.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

" First up is "Sight." "To achieve presence, we need a high-res, high framerate... display." Also needed are "specialized optics." "

Flop confirmed. Only games the PS4 will be getting for a VR experience are indies. High res and high framerates are just dreams for consoles.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

When are these large tech companies going to learn that singular experiences just don't sell well any longer. MSoft is coming out with their goggles as well later next year (Rumor) and all of them will not be coming into my home.

Also, doesn't this need the camera to work properly? Sony not putting the camera in the box at launch hampers this tragedy even more.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I have read that the HMZ-T2 is ass and it costs like $1500, so what can this new VR thing offer that is better for games but at the same time cheaper?