deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Is this all coming up in an update for the PS4? It all sounds so exciting!

SOURCE

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

.... Why ask the community ?

Those features are a MUST...imo.

I'm sorry but this might look like an attempt to show that Sony interacts with it's community....Maybe the question about a what features to add, has some wiggle room but to me....to question when to release an update and expect the community to answer .... that has no wiggle room.

There are employees that are supposed to plan and analyse this. Business Analysis. Why give the job to the community ? Don't they have people that do the project structuring inside the Playstation Division... ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@acp_45 said:

I'm sorry but this might look like an attempt to show that Sony interacts with it's community....Maybe the question about a what features to add, has some wiggle room but to me....to question when to release an update and expect the community to answer .... that has no wiggle room.

There are employees that are supposed to plan and analyse this. Business Analysis. Why give the job to the community ? Don't they have people that do the project structuring inside the Playstation Division... ?

The thing is, I am pretty sure all of these features are coming to PS4 at some point or the other in its lifespan- this survey may just be a means to gauge which ones are the most requested, and then fast track those ones first. It is no different from when Microsoft opened up an Xbox feedback and suggestions site, really.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

Is PSNow a flop?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@PSP107 said:

Is PSNow a flop?

PSNow is Sony hedging bets on an entirely different future of gaming- it has nothing to do with their PS4 strategy.

To answer your question, yes it is a flop. It was a misguided and directionless attempt to begin with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@charizard1605 said:
@acp_45 said:

The thing is, I am pretty sure all of these features are coming to PS4 at some point or the other in its lifespan- this survey may just be a means to gauge which ones are the most requested, and then fast track those ones first. It is no different from when Microsoft opened up an Xbox feedback and suggestions site, really.

As I said, the fact that they ask about features is acceptable...

But asking when to update...makes me see this survey in a different light..

It looks like Sony is just trying to show the world that they have good interaction with their community and to make a point, rather than actually wanting to find out when they should update....

Because the people in the PS division of Sony have or should have employees monitoring and managing the projects...

Why ask the community about when projects should be complete when they don't even know the technicalities and are ignorant of the processes ?

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

That first list is hilarious. BC that is a legit thing to be add but the rest is just common sense things to be added. I mean really you need to add notifications to be told when people are online, delete items from a library, appear offline, and download avatars on PS4 I figured those things come standard. Wow I heard the PSN and the PS4 was medicore but dang I didn't know those features were missing. Also I love how on the second list the final answer says Don't Know lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@getyeryayasout said:

@charizard1605: I think you're right that we'll see most, if not all of these changes eventually. That's a lot of changes, they just need to prioritize how they want to go about implementing them and in which order. Sounds good to me, any of those changes would be a welcome improvement. Who knows, maybe we'll finally see the ability to change PSN ID's? Naaaah! :P

From what I understand, the reason that we can't do it right now is because of the way the PS3 handles the PSN ID database (something that the PS4 and PS Vita both fixed)- as long as the PS3 is an active system supporting PSN, I doubt that we will see this feature. That said, once the PS3 is inevitably retired from the active lineup in a couple of years, I think the ability to change our names on PSN should be a thing.

@acp_45 said:

It looks like Sony is just trying to show the world that they have good interaction with their community and to make a point, rather than actually wanting to find out when they should update....

Because the people in the PS division of Sony have or should have employees monitoring and managing the projects...

Why ask the community about when projects should be complete when they don't even know the technicalities and are ignorant of the processes ?

I wouldn't read too much into that man, it's a pretty standard kind of question that most surveys have, I doubt they are planning their business strategy around these survey answers. It's no different to when a Club Nintendo survey asked users when they expected to see the DS successor, or the next Zelda game- they were coming when they were coming, but understanding community expectations is always good for a business, and a survey like this is the easiest way to do that.

@360ru13r said:

That first list is hilarious. BC that is a legit thing to be add but the rest is just common sense things to be added. I mean really you need to add notifications to be told when people are online, delete items from a library, appear offline, and download avatars on PS4 I figured those things come standard. Wow I heard the PSN and the PS4 was medicore but dang I didn't know those features were missing. Also I love how on the second list the final answer says Don't Know lol.

@charizard1605 said:

comchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 comchild
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts

Folders would be so nice. I would be more excited about digital content if I could organize it somehow. And the ability to clean the library would be great too. I would actually take those over BC any day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Well that's a step up in the right direction. And it's direly needed. PSN isn't worth a penny as of now, unless you're still a PS3 gamer.

But LOL at B/C feature. I thought Cows didn't care about that?

I thought PSN was just as "equal " to XBL, according to some Cows? Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@charizard1605 said:
@getyeryayasout said:

@charizard1605: I think you're right that we'll see most, if not all of these changes eventually. That's a lot of changes, they just need to prioritize how they want to go about implementing them and in which order. Sounds good to me, any of those changes would be a welcome improvement. Who knows, maybe we'll finally see the ability to change PSN ID's? Naaaah! :P

From what I understand, the reason that we can't do it right now is because of the way the PS3 handles the PSN ID database (something that the PS4 and PS Vita both fixed)- as long as the PS3 is an active system supporting PSN, I doubt that we will see this feature. That said, once the PS3 is inevitably retired from the active lineup in a couple of years, I think the ability to change our names on PSN should be a thing.

@acp_45 said:

I wouldn't read too much into that man, it's a pretty standard kind of question that most surveys have, I doubt they are planning their business strategy around these survey answers. It's no different to when a Club Nintendo survey asked users when they expected to see the DS successor, or the next Zelda game- they were coming when they were coming, but understanding community expectations is always good for a business, and a survey like this is the easiest way to do that.

I guess so, yeah.

I could be completely wrong...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@getyeryayasout said:

@charizard1605: Thankfully I'm satisfied with my PSN handle (although, some asshole stole my first choice 'Pramath1605') but I feel bad for the 'Xxbongrippah420xX's out there, who've become attached to the profile that they started 10 years ago. Now they're 30, and swapping gamertags in the office is always an awkward affair. :P

He does sound like an asshole. And yep, old high school Gamertags can be so embarrassing...

All I want is to switch over to xXLinkinPark69Xx, that sounds like it would be the perfect PSN ID for me. It's so edgy.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

My OCD would be happy if I could organize the UI a bit to my liking. That is what I would like in the next update. I hope Sony isn't trolling us with potential BC either

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46254 Posts

Do you want:

[ ] Exclusive games

Yes, please

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I sort of doubt that Sony will be rolling out BC anytime soon (other than the current PSNow model). Hell given the rather thin availability of actual classic PS2 games on the PS3 for purchase, I sure wouldn't expect many of those either. No I suspect Sony will continue to push the PSNow stuff.

I would love to finally be able to delete demos and beta icons from my library.

Also the ability to delete game data, while leaving DLC, updates and saves intact would be great. Sort of like how you can go into the Xbox game folder and just take out the game itself while leaving every thing else alone. That would be nice when the HDD space gets tight. You could just take out games you have on disc. When you need to re-install them it would take a minute or two. As it stands now you need to delete everything, so when you re-install you end up waiting to re-download updates and DLC. That sucks.

Also being able to change PSN IDs would be good for people who want to do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

I need BC to have my Demon's Souls, MGS4 and Killzone 2 on PS4 and finally get rid of old PS3. Sadly, unlikely to happen.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

getting real BC would be so good. And by real I mean be able to play the games I already have.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

I want BC for PS1/PS2 games and to see trophies offline.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

The biggest innovator for Soony is Microsoft.

Say thank you Cows.

I SAID SAY THANK YOU!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@VERTIGO47 said:

But LOL at B/C feature. I thought Cows didn't care about that?

Well, can't speak for other PS owners, but I don't. I really missed playing The Last of Us, but I already have the remaster, so yeah... don't need B/C anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

folders would be awesome.I hate the ps4 UI. I would even take the bubble folders like vita. I like grouping my games together into categories that make sense to me.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#24 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Persona 3 FES on PS4 would be amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

It's embarrassing that in the year 2015, PSN still lacks basic features like friend notifications, appear offline mode, the ability to change ID, and the ability to remove items from my library; on top of things like frequent down times, subpar voice chat quality, crappy cloud storage, trophy synching, and slow and unreliable messaging.

It's a complete ripoff that Sony is charging almost as much as Xbox Live for a service that is no where near as good. Plus Microsoft is even going the extra mile now and giving free backwards compatibility while Sony wants us to pay to rent games we already own. What a ripoff.

This, in my opinion, is the PS4's biggest weakness and the primary reason why I prefer my Xbox One over my PS4. Come on Sony, either fix/implement these things or don't charge for it until your service is of the same quality as Xbox Live.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Psn isn't even working right now for me and thousands more, error code np-37680-4 google it, it's a damn mess. Some have been unable to sign in for three days and it's actually spreading and getting worse.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Where in that survey do they tease BC? PS1 and PS2 classics will just be downloadable purchases like what the PS3 had.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Wait its 2015 and you still can't change your PSN username!?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

PS1/PS2 Classics isn't backwards compatibility. It's the chance to rebuy games you already own.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

"Appear offline mode"

LOL

Really shouldn't be that big of a deal to get that in there. Come on Sony.

Also I'd rather they spent more time making PSN stable instead of creating new ways to bleed us dry i.e selling PS1 and PS2 classics on the store.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@charizard1605: No video chat in that list is disappointing. Unless it's coming before 4.0?

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@VERTIGO47: its equal according to ganespot aswell. And we def dont want bc , unless its something easy to put. We dont want the desperate distracted move ms pulled. Focus on other futures. It already came without it

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Cows said they don't want/need backwards compatibility, and it's just a sign you have no games on your console

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Where in that survey do they tease BC? PS1 and PS2 classics will just be downloadable purchases like what the PS3 had.

Actually, you're right, I mistyped. I've fixed that.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By emgesp

@drummerdave9099 said:

Cows said they don't want/need backwards compatibility, and it's just a sign you have no games on your console

Its not that PS4 owners don't want BC its just that we have realistic expectations. Do you realize how hard it would be to try and emulate the Cell processor? It was already a big challenge for Microsoft to get 360 BC and that architecture isn't nearly as complicated as the Cell.

But going forward you can expect future Playstation consoles to be BC thanks to X86.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@emgesp: I doubt that, they will make a 4K console and claim the older games would look bad due to the way lower resolution. Then they will sell you Until Dawn Remastered etc. They should just make the games available for digital copy, they are already in that format anyway.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I'm all for PS2 classics... This is something they should definitely have in place for the PS5 (if not earlier), and they should ditch the PSNow service for gaming, and add local PS3/PS4 support for the PS5, if it's possible. I'd like to see how it would affect the cost, because i'd be willing to pay a premium for the option.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Cool, PS1/PS2 classics would be great if they basically opened up the same library of games made available on PS3 on the PS4 and then they can work to adding to it. Even better if there's no need for a redundant purchase or a Nintendo-like pay a discount price for the upgrade. As far as I see it it's all just emulation anyways,, so we basically already purchased the ISOs if we already got them on the PS3.

PS1/PS2 classics is such a great feature to have that they shouldn't need to ask. Also, while they're at it, they should expand it to include digital PSTV integration to allow people to play those PSTV compatible Vita games.

Only question I have is regarding rights. I know originally PS had a 5 systems rights limit to content and then because of rampant sharing of digital rights implemented a 1 system rights registration limit requiring people to unregistered rights from one piece of hardware to another; has this changed since? I'd prefer something like what Xbox does where basically it automatically registers the new device and doesn't require a convoluted rights transfer or removing registration of rights to older devices. I heard this was the case at some point you needed to deactivate registration on older device to install on new; can anybody for certain tell me how it works? I had a friend say he struggled with Sony over old rights to digital content, though I suspect since he makes new PSN accounts all the time he might have his rights tied to a PSN account he couldn't recover (maybe due to forgetting email and password he registered too). I remember he complained about not being able to recover his digital library when he got a new PS3, and that Sony said without his console serial number they couldn't help him get his digital rights back. So, like I said I suspect his problem was he lost his account login info, I don't think that's a problem with me. Is unreistering rights on PSN a hassle, or is it not necessary anymore? Do I just need my account login info or do I need to save my serial number to my devices I have rights to this stuff tied to?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

@VERTIGO47:

According to me, xbl doesn't have the overall lead over psn like it did last gen. There are some things that psn does better than xbl currently.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lamprey263

This goes for both Nintendo and MS and Sony, they really need to update libraries to ignore demos and betas.

Not sure how PS4 library management works but the XBO is abhorrent for anybody with more than a dozen games installed. It's organized by large icons of colomns of 2 rows and goes on right as long as it needs to. With my external HDD I could easily put 100 games on my HDD making library management awful, I'd have to scroll forever to find something, and the larger the library the more it seems to stress the system. Not sure if PS4 has better system in how it handles library, I see sometimes a bar people have to scroll across for installed games or digital games, wondering how that works if you also have like 100 games would it be an awful way of organizing; is that why people want folders?

MS had a pin page on Xbox One where I could fit about 24 pins, if they expanded to have multiple pages like that to browse titles that'd be better for larger libraries. I also think everybody needs to take a page out of steam's book, where you have your whole library available but installed games are full in color and brightness and the uninstalled ones are dim but they're there to quickly select to install or uninstall.

At the very least Microsoft has a tab on the right of the library for games ready to install. They also have an option to hide games from that list (though I don't like that option because I can see me maybe hiding things by mistake and where would I find it?). I don't think the PS3 had an easy system like this, you'd have to know what you were looking for in the store to redownload it (there was an indicator though on the store of the title I believe to show you owned it). At least Nintendo has a purchase chronological history, as did Xbox, but that too included demos, free avatars, wallpapers and useless shit, etc. What they really need to do in these library managements is distinguish games from the other shit, demos and betas too, and make an easy to access hidden game section in case you accidentally place something there.

I've been told there's workarounds by going to the websites, but this should all really be shit that can be handled from the console itself to make for the most user friendly experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Didn't they say something about disc based Ps2 emulation? That'd be cool if they went through with that.

lastcoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lastcoin
Member since 2015 • 248 Posts

@lamprey263: No limit for login,they just ban your account if they find anything suspicious.

But you could only choose one system as the master device per account.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Honestly, do people really want older PS2 and PS1 games on the PS4? I find it pretty hard to get excited about playing older games in the same blurry mess that they used to be. Especially since PS1 emulation is essentially perfect on PC, and PS2 emulation is getting closer to perfection every year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Why can the community choose when the next big update arrives? That doesn't make any sense at all... You've got a team, they decide which features they want in v4.0, based on their opinions and those of the community, and then THEY decide how long it will take, and create a plan.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lamprey263

@JangoWuzHere said:

Honestly, do people really want older PS2 and PS1 games on the PS4? I find it pretty hard to get excited about playing older games in the same blurry mess that they used to be. Especially since PS1 emulation is essentially perfect on PC, and PS2 emulation is getting closer to perfection every year.

not everyone wants to resort to piracy

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@emgesp said:

Its not that PS4 owners don't want BC its just that we have realistic expectations. Do you realize how hard it would be to try and emulate the Cell processor? It was already a big challenge for Microsoft to get 360 BC and that architecture isn't nearly as complicated as the Cell.

But going forward you can expect future Playstation consoles to be BC thanks to X86.

I can accept them not adding PS3 backwards compatibility because the Cell would be difficult to emulate, but there is no excuse for them to not at least add PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility. If Microsoft can add 360 backwards compatibility then Sony should have an easier time adding PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility. The only reason they are not going to do it is because since they are already in the lead, they see no reason to provide a pro-consumer feature like backwards compatibility and they would instead prefer you to spend money to rent PS1 and PS2 games off of PlayStation Now instead.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:

@emgesp: I doubt that, they will make a 4K console and claim the older games would look bad due to the way lower resolution. Then they will sell you Until Dawn Remastered etc. They should just make the games available for digital copy, they are already in that format anyway.

No, the fact is doing Remasters is much easier than taking time to emulate the Cell architecture.

If the PS5 is also X86 then PS4 BC will be a piece of cake. Most people know this, so Sony couldn't get away with not offering that functionality.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

not everyone wants to resort to piracy

What does piracy have to do with anything?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By emgesp

@storm_of_swords said:
@emgesp said:

I can accept them not adding PS3 backwards compatibility because the Cell would be difficult to emulate, but there is no excuse for them to not at least add PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility. If Microsoft can add 360 backwards compatibility then Sony should have an easier time adding PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility. The only reason they are not going to do it is because since they are already in the lead, they see no reason to provide a pro-consumer feature like backwards compatibility and they would instead prefer you to spend money to rent PS1 and PS2 games off of PlayStation Now instead.

PS1 and PS2 BC is doable, but its not really a priority. Also, I don't think the demand is as high as you think for PS1/PS2 BC on the PS4. It just makes more sense to offer digital downloads of some of the better PS1-PS2 games. I just hope they aren't priced too high. $4.99 a pop seems reasonable.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@ermacness: xbl works more consistently though, kind of sorta a big deal for a premium service to... ya know... WORK