Sony sued over Killzone: Shadow Fall's graphics!

• 174 results
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Good. Sony needs to put a stop to their lies.

Shit, I might sue Sony myself if this continues.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yikes

@tormentos here's your chance!!!!

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#153 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@hehe101 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Sounds like what the xbone does.

Don't recall microsoft lying though? It's not the first time Sony false advertised, so childish!

Bravooooo... Lets see how they spin this one..hahaha

And doesn't say upscale in any place..hahahaaaaaa...

Thread surely backfire....hahahahaa

To be fair he didn't use the word native either. The Xbox 360 technically outputs 1080p doesn't it, just not native?

MTE

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#154 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@ZombeGoast said:

Why can't people sue for things like GFWL and lying about supporting it? You can never get banned from it and that's why Dark Souls is overrun by hackers.

Why don't people stop being a bunch of little pussies and stop suing over this kind of shit, period?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

To be fair he didn't use the word native either. The Xbox 360 technically outputs 1080p doesn't it, just not native?

Look at the question he is been asked,is pretty clear why he imply.

@b4x said:

"Now welcome the starting line-up of your Sony All-Stars!!!"

Your defensive MVP.....Tormentos!! "crickets"

Best comeback ever..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tormentos

@Shielder7 said:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaa...

The dishonesty of MS is epic,i remember when that screen was posted here first time,i was like..

Megaton COD advance war,AC Unity and Evolve went xbox one exclusive..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I should sue Microsoft for advertising Ryse as an exclusive.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

That doesn't even pale in comparison to the shit Sony pulls out of its ass everyday.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos: I never. Said Ms didn't pull the same shit you Muppet, did you miss the part where is said peter Moore had lied.

Truth is you can't even read English obviously because if you actually read my posts I was actually agreeing with most of your points but that doesn't,t change the law, MS CANNOT be found liable for what 3rd party company's do,FACT,MS cannot be found liable for 3rd party games that do not live up to there promise of 720p= FACT,NO Company can be found liable for what another company does that is not not owned or controlled by said company=FACT.

By your logic COLT should be found liable if a US soldier murders someone with an M4.

Do you see now how stupid your argument with?

I only provided points of law so you are not really arguing with me ,you are arguing with the law.

I am so sorry the law does not work the way you want it too,lol.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#160 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Multiplayer looks good to me... i just want clan matches already. Its this month or nothing.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Wasdie said:

It will be thrown out.

Not sure that's necessarily true. The question is what are the damages? The only people who will see anything are the class action attorneys. Even if they get 200k people to sign up they'll likely only see pennies each. This type of lawsuit (along with patent trolling) is really sickening.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 delta3074

@tormentos: dude,where did I say peter Moore's statement only applied to third party claimed?

I clearly stated that MS could be found liable for games that where published by them,can I ask,not being funny, are you dyslexic?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#163  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Shielder7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

That doesn't even pale in comparison to the shit Sony pulls out of its ass everyday.

Loading Video...

In other words it's only ok if MS does it.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#164 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Look at the question he is been asked,is pretty clear why he imply.

@b4x said:

"Now welcome the starting line-up of your Sony All-Stars!!!"

Your defensive MVP.....Tormentos!! "crickets"

Best comeback ever..lol

Thank you. The title fits.

There are zero fences / boundaries in your open field of play. You wouldn't last 1 day on any other form but here.

You are tolerated. Nothing more. Carry on.

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

People have too much time on their hands.....although Sony did deceive people, not worthy of a lawsuit.

Yeah because MS isn't with the magic cloud that never stop giving,DX12 double frames claim,hell was the 360 1 Teraflop like MS claimed.?

How about all games will be minimum 720p with 4XAA on 360.? Companies do this sh** all the time.

Hell is BF4 60 FPS on xbox one.? Time to sue EA..lol

How about Titanfall which MS advertise.? Is 60 FPS.? Lets sue MS.

How about Tomb Raider on PS4 is it 60 FPS.? Lets sue square..

Was the PS3 2 Teraflops,where is 4d and 120FPS,lets sue sony again..haha

The funny part is how he ask more than 5 million dollars for damages..hahahaha

Man US simple sucks in this regard,they should make a law that if you make frivolous law sue,you end paying all the money the justice department spend on that trial for all the duration of the trial,so that people like this stop doing this sh**.

Are you kidding me, why say US law sucks when over here EVERYONE who bought shadowfall is entitled to a refund under the sale of goods act 1979,it's not just the US that sucks when it comes to laws like this, under the Sale of goods act 1979 there is NO room for flexibility, If shadow fall isn't 100% 1080p, which it isn't, as advertised then SONY are in breach, which is a bit stupid if you ask me, there needs to be more flexibility.

Did SONY lie? yes they did, Do they deserve to be screwed over by a lawsuit like this for one tiny little misdemenour? no of course not, if everyone sued everytime a Game didn't EXACTLY match the description on the Box the gaming industry would be in Deep shit.

Solidty's post said it all, EVERY game we bought last gen claimed 1080p on the back, Upscaled is not the 1080p they advertised and there is no statute of limitation over here as far as i am aware, you could grab all your old games take them down to small claims court and get every penny you paid for those games Back and still keep the games,lol

i did Consumer legislation in College for 2 years and Although it's good that we are the most Protected Consumers in the world the lack of flexibility allows people to cross the line like this, there is no room for good old fashioned common sense.

Thankfully we have Sane people over here, if we are satisfied with a product we don't really care if it doesn't Exactly match what it says on the Box.

Also, why do you HAVE to bring MS into everything, this thread is about SONY and shadowfall.

Are you one of these naive people that thinks 'Other people do it so it's alright for me to do it?

the Fact that MS has lied in the past does not detract from the Fact that SONY DID lie about the resolution on shadowfall

You may not be entitled to a full refund though, a partial refund can still be made as the defect is not severe enough to be product or service breaking. It depends exactly what was printed on the back of the game box and you would need the assistant to admit to giving the false information. This case would need to go to court to be tested but this would be a grey area and would be open to debate and I feel, would ultimately do more harm than good.

Solidty is wrong in what he says about games claiming to be 1080p last gen, on that GTA5 Xbox game posted it states HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p, one could assume its stating an HDTV running those resolutions is required for the game. Now if somebody posts a pic of the Killzone game in question, we could confirm if this is different.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 delta3074

@ccagracing said:

@delta3074 said:

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

People have too much time on their hands.....although Sony did deceive people, not worthy of a lawsuit.

Yeah because MS isn't with the magic cloud that never stop giving,DX12 double frames claim,hell was the 360 1 Teraflop like MS claimed.?

How about all games will be minimum 720p with 4XAA on 360.? Companies do this sh** all the time.

Man US simple sucks in this regard,they should make a law that if you make frivolous law sue,you end paying all the money the justice department spend on that trial for all the duration of the trial,so that people like this stop doing this sh**.

Are you kidding me, why say US law sucks when over here EVERYONE who bought shadowfall is entitled to a refund under the sale of goods act 1979,it's not just the US that sucks when it comes to laws like this, under the Sale of goods act 1979 there is NO room for flexibility, If shadow fall isn't 100% 1080p, which it isn't, as advertised then SONY are in breach, which is a bit stupid if you ask me, there needs to be more flexibility.

Did SONY lie? yes they did, Do they deserve to be screwed over by a lawsuit like this for one tiny little misdemenour? no of course not, if everyone sued everytime a Game didn't EXACTLY match the description on the Box the gaming industry would be in Deep shit.

Solidty's post said it all, EVERY game we bought last gen claimed 1080p on the back, Upscaled is not the 1080p they advertised and there is no statute of limitation over here as far as i am aware, you could grab all your old games take them down to small claims court and get every penny you paid for those games Back and still keep the games,lol

i did Consumer legislation in College for 2 years and Although it's good that we are the most Protected Consumers in the world the lack of flexibility allows people to cross the line like this, there is no room for good old fashioned common sense.

Thankfully we have Sane people over here, if we are satisfied with a product we don't really care if it doesn't Exactly match what it says on the Box.

Also, why do you HAVE to bring MS into everything, this thread is about SONY and shadowfall.

Are you one of these naive people that thinks 'Other people do it so it's alright for me to do it?

the Fact that MS has lied in the past does not detract from the Fact that SONY DID lie about the resolution on shadowfall

You may not be entitled to a full refund though, a partial refund can still be made as the defect is not severe enough to be product or service breaking. It depends exactly what was printed on the back of the game box and you would need the assistant to admit to giving the false information. This case would need to go to court to be tested but this would be a grey area and would be open to debate and I feel, would ultimately do more harm than good.

Solidty is wrong in what he says about games claiming to be 1080p last gen, on that GTA5 Xbox game posted it states HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p, one could assume its stating an HDTV running those resolutions is required for the game. Now if somebody posts a pic of the Killzone game in question, we could confirm if this is different.

Goods must match their description

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 states that products must match the description given to them by the seller, otherwise the buyer has a right to return the product for a full refund. A good example might be a coat sold as 100% wool that turns out to be a wool mix.

It's basically a given that you will get a Full refund within the act itself.

Saying that you raised a Very valuable point, is what is written on the back of the box the resolution the game is capable of OR is it in Fact the 'Requirements' to play that game. To me it's now glaringly obvious that it's a requirement needed to play the game and not a Description of what the game is capable of. if that is indeed the case the SONY has nothing to answer for unless they intend on actually Playing the 'consumer perception' card(lame)

'But my client THOUGHT it meant......'

You spotted something i completely missed, kudos man *tips hat*

So much for 2 years at college,lol

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#167 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

While I think this is a little silly, for a change, I think this case should go forward. This was rather deceptive on Sony's part. It is basically 1080i (although not the standard 1080i) and they are claiming it is 1080p. That is false advertising in my book and they should be called on it. Of course, there is a lot of advertising BS going on out there from a lot of parties that is similarly deceptive, but two wrongs don't make a right.

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 ccagracing

@delta3074 said:

@ccagracing said:

@delta3074 said:

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 states that products must match the description given to them by the seller, otherwise the buyer has a right to return the product for a full refund. A good example might be a coat sold as 100% wool that turns out to be a wool mix.

Saying that you raised a Very valuable point, is what is written on the back of the box the resolution the game is capable of OR is it in Fact the 'Requirements' to play that game. To me it's now glaringly obvious that it's a requirement needed to play the game and not a Description of what the game is capable of. if that is indeed the case the SONY has nothing to answer for unless they intend on actually Playing the 'consumer perception' card(lame)

no worries at all. I have two years of a law degree, so familiar with the concepts of uk law, us law is completely different kettle of fish. The problem with this is; 1, the box, what does it say. 2. Does the multiplayer part of the game at any point reach 1080p. If it does reach 1080p at some point, then we can refer back to promotional material and the box to see if any exclusions points or terms exist in the small print. Another often overlooked part of the sale of goods act is, what is a reasonable amount of time? 4 weeks, 4 months to determine the defects or misrepresentation of a goods or services. I think this would be tossed in the UK legal system as well, Sony would offer to clarify on promotional materials on future games. An example of this is the "actual game footage" or "not gameplay footage " that typical is on ios game TV adverts now.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Perhaps people could stop being gullible twats and stop preordering games, and wait for actual feedback from reviewers of all levels? Your only promoting this kind of behavior because you buy in to the bullsh!t spewed by the PR team of the publisher in which they then bait and switch you with a product that is a downgrade..

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

This suit is frivolous relative to other frivolous lawsuits.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@b4x said:

EDIT: Funny thing is you act like this protection is a bad thing? This lawsuit is BS.. think about the lawsuits were corporations killed hundreds of people.

You can only hurt these giant douches one way. In their checkbook. Sounds like a good thing to me?

No, corporate executives need to start being held criminally responsible if we ever expect responsible, ethical behavior.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Clearly, he's going to win this. I mean, it's just such a good lawsuit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

Which clearly on the xbox 360 since launch they didn't PDZ say 720p on the back and in no place say upscale....

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ccagracing

@tormentos:

It says HDTV 720p on the back of the PDZ box. I'm not sure what you are trying to say as your post isn't worded correctly.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Which clearly on the xbox 360 since launch they didn't PDZ say 720p on the back and in no place say upscale....

NO, you are not getting what we are saying, it's obvious now that what is written on the back of the box is what YOU NEED to actually play the game, it's not a description of what the game is actually capable of it's telling you what YOU REQUIRE to play the game which means everything both of us has said is completely wrong.

We where working on the (wrong) assumption that what was written on the back of the Box was the resolution the game runs at, thats just not the case, it's a requirement much the same as the minimum requirements specs on the Back of the Box for PC games.

It's basically telling you that YOU need a HDTV that is compatible with a 720p/1080i/1080p signal to actually play the game (you need XXX GPU, XXX CPU ,XXX RAM and Direct x XX for this game to run)

While we where being too busy arguing over what turns out to be nothing this guy had the sense to see what it actually meant.

and he's right, this would be thrown out in a UK court and should be by an american court, i would just love to Know which idiot Lawyer actually thought it was a good idea to advise his client to go ahead with it.