Sony should secure No Mans Sky exclusivity COMPLETELY

• 118 results
#1 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

Right now it's only timed-exclusive on PS4....... coming soon to other platforms, though 'other' platforms have not been fully specified yet (maybe just PC)

But I think Sony should secure the exclusivity completely, no timed-exclusive, no PC, no Xbone, no PS3, no WiiU, nothing, JUST PS4! I want this game all for PS4, forget sharing with other platforms

then imagine PS4 2015 line-up The Order, No Man's Sky, Bloodborne, and Uncharted 4

#2 Posted by ShutUpFanboys (40 posts) -

@-Damien-:

you're the biggest cow here. this just proves it further.

#3 Posted by santoron (7702 posts) -

Why? What harm is there in other gamers playing the game?

Besides, it's never going to happen.

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (43047 posts) -

Nope.

#5 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4515 posts) -

that is a very moist and wet dream you've got there

#6 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Exclusivity really isn't necessary, this is especially true when it's for stupid reasons like "being the winner". Grow up dude. The devs want to maximize their profits and how can anyone blame them. Everyone needs to see this game if it's as good as the sockpuppets say.

#7 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3544 posts) -

Sorry but no, I'm a cow and this game will be multiplatform for the developer to make more beautiful games.

#8 Posted by trugs26 (5314 posts) -

In a perfect world, every one would have access to all games.

#9 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

ya... those devs are sitting on a gold mine, they have support for the game from all players pc xbox, ps, ect

They be stupid to be sell outs to cows.

Also 110% sure your cow lord already tried to buy them out but they could only get timed

P.S If you really believe that, QUIT gaming please... You are sad if you ever wish a game is exclusive restricting people from playing it.

#10 Edited by clyde46 (45374 posts) -

Why? It will only hurt the devs. Also, its nice to see your salty tears.

#11 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Why? It will only hurt the devs. Also, its nice to see your salty tears.

who's salty? why me salty? at the very least PS4 will get it first before other platforms....... that's IF, big IF, it comes out to other platforms....as of now it's still PS4 EXCLUSIVE

#12 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29114 posts) -

Why do you not want other people to be able to play the game?

#13 Posted by Motokid6 (5331 posts) -

TC... You are the problem.

#14 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

I didn't say that.........

I have no problem with other people playing the game..... of course they just need to buy a PS4

#15 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9560 posts) -

Um................... no.....................

Also........ no

#16 Posted by CyberLips (1822 posts) -

Not going to happen. And besides, the devs worked really hard on this game and i want them to get all the support they can.

#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (87839 posts) -

A procedural MMO exclusive to a console?

#18 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

Not going to happen. And besides, the devs worked really hard on this game and i want them to get all the support they can.

well I'm pretty sure Sony would have to pay more money if they were to secure the exclusivity, so that should be enough to compensate.....plus PS4 has the biggest fanbase so they wouldn't miss much from other platforms

#19 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29114 posts) -
@-Damien- said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

I didn't say that.........

I have no problem with other people playing the game..... of course they just need to buy a PS4

Why not let them play it on other consoles?

#20 Posted by remiks00 (1738 posts) -
#21 Edited by clyde46 (45374 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@CyberLips said:

well I'm pretty sure Sony would have to pay more money if they were to secure the exclusivity, so that should be enough to compensate.....plus PS4 has the biggest fanbase so they wouldn't miss much from other platforms

#22 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28365 posts) -

lol its insane sony will literally put themselves into bankruptcy buying the exclusivity they have and sheen's want them to buy more.

#23 Posted by remiks00 (1738 posts) -

lol its insane sony will literally put themselves into bankruptcy buying the exclusivity they have and sheen's want them to buy more.

This

#24 Posted by UnifiedConsole (30 posts) -

Yeah... Hey Sony should also buy KFC their chicken is delicious.

#25 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9531 posts) -

that is a very moist and wet dream you've got there

Indeed.

#26 Edited by lostrib (35018 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@CyberLips said:

Compared to who? Because there's what 7-8 Million PS4s as of last announcement?

#27 Edited by TwistedShade (3155 posts) -

Thought Cows previously said third-party exclusives were bad for the industry? Guess that only applies if Sony doesn't get them.

#28 Posted by lostrib (35018 posts) -

TC seems like the kind of fanboy that makes death threats when games go multiplat

#29 Posted by TheRealBigRich (726 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@CyberLips said:

wouldn't miss much from PC?

#30 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

@lostrib said:

TC seems like the kind of fanboy that makes death threats when games go multiplat

lol.....I'm not crazy like FF fans...

I'm gonna start tweeting Yoshida about NMS exclusivity, hope he gets the idea ;-)

#31 Posted by lostrib (35018 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

I'm gonna start tweeting Yoshida about NMS exclusivity, hope he gets the idea ;-)

I'm sure he will make sure not to pay attention

#32 Posted by santoron (7702 posts) -

Thought Cows previously said third-party exclusives were bad for the industry? Guess that only applies if Sony doesn't get them.

I've never heard that one. Who are you quoting?

I've heard rants against platform exclusive content and timed dlc before. Of course, I've heard that from fans of every platform.

#33 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

I'm sure he will make sure not to pay attention

he actually replied to my tweets a couple of times in the past about some ideas

#34 Edited by finalstar2007 (24999 posts) -

Your asking Sony to become Microsoft by spending money on timed exclusives to become exclusives? nah man Sony should just focus on the first party studios and bringing blockbuster titles.. leave the timed exclusive stuff for MS

#35 Edited by lamprey263 (23300 posts) -

No, it not being on the X1 is enough of an edge for Sony. Why spend money when it's not going to make a lick of difference. I doubt it'll cause PC gamers to buy a PS4, they still got a list of similar games with some incoming like Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, The Mandate, Eve Online, X3, and whatever else I can't think of. Sure it might suck for some if they're really looking forward to it, and sure some might get a PS4 if it goes exclusive or might just get one regadless, but I don't think making this a PS4 exclusive will do a whole lot for Sony, or the PS4. Besides, I thought cows all had monster rigs to play those Xbox/PC games that weren't on PlayStation consoles, making this exclusive would just limit their options.

It might be worth noting this will only matter to the System Wars crowd, outside this bubble of SW I'm sure many people will see it as a console exclusive if it's not showing up on another competing console.

Anyhow, game looks good, being the best it can be is probably the best thing developers can do to guarantee it's success and the success of whatever platform it's on.

#36 Posted by Ovirew (6326 posts) -

I say if Sony really wants to make the game exclusive, they should go for it. But personally, I question how much there is to do in the game. I see the game actually having less for you to 'do' than Minecraft, but we'll have to wait and see. An impressive game to be made by such a small team either way, but fans shouldn't be so quick to call this one a winner til they see more.

#37 Posted by Vecna (3385 posts) -

Op is clearly an oxygen deprived cow. No further input needed.

#38 Posted by Chubith (345 posts) -

There is literally no reason why that should ever happen. More platforms naturally means more sales. when you have a small team making something that looks so damn promising, you would think everyone would want the game to sell as much as it can.

#39 Posted by adders99 (2596 posts) -

Sometimes I question what age you must be to continuously create threads like this...

#40 Edited by AdrianWerner (27988 posts) -

I don't think it's even timed exclusivity. The way it was worded it's obvious it will be on PC the same day as on PS4.

And sure, it would be nice for Sony to get it. But Hello Games financed all the development themselves and it just doesn't make sense for them to kill their sales by going exclusive.

#41 Posted by aroxx_ab (9311 posts) -

I think this game will flop hard, how fun can it really be to do nothing more than explore universe/wastelands looking at beautiful things but nothing more.

#42 Posted by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

Mad cow disease confirmed in this thread

#43 Posted by dommeus (9241 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

creepy

#44 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15941 posts) -

I'm sure the devs would agree if Sony made each them millionaires with their own mansions, supercars, and big fat bank accounts.

#45 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

Oh the irony...

#46 Posted by xhawk27 (7232 posts) -

They don't have the coin to do so.

#47 Posted by MBirdy88 (7838 posts) -

One rendered concept video and you all think this is some messiah... it could be totally crap with no direction...

#48 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10574 posts) -

You see why people think Gamers are stupid ?

Going exclusive doesn't improve No Man's Sky in any way.... It just means other people can't play it. It takes a special kind of moron to executed this level of stupidity.

#49 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -

Not gonna happen. When Hello Games was flooded out, Microsoft was there to help them back on their feet.

#50 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16984 posts) -

sony rep