Sony should make a new Heavenly Sword game

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

heavenly-sword_B.jpg

6g1uq0j.gif

63lnzir.gif

Anyone here remembers that game, Heavenly Sword? It had a fairly decent story, characters and the graphics/voice acting were on par with Uncharted, both games had the exact same problem, both had short single player campaigns and no multiplayer offerings whatsoever, Uncharted was given another try by Naughty dog because the first game sold well enough, but that wasn't the case with Heavenly Sword... the poor thing, Ninja Theory went multiplat and scrapped any ideas for a sequel because they're not looking to sign another contract with Sony for a sequel and Sony basically ditched the IP, although Nariko the main character is featured on Battle Royale.

Sucker Punch or Naughty dog could do wonders with the Heavenly Sword universe.

kingtito

A remake of a below mediocre game with not much a fanbase because a few people think it should be made? Hmmm nope doesn't make sense and why ask for a remake? Might as well ask for a part 2. That would make more sense.

Heavenly Sword sold over 1 Million copies and has a Metacritic score of 79. What are you talking about?

Anyway, only problems with the 1st one were the combat stances needed some tweaking and the game was only 5 hours. Problem with a sequel is that Nariko is dead and unless they want to pull some magic the only one who they could do a sequel with is Kai and she too would die after wielding the Heavenly Sword as anyone who does well, dies.

#52 Posted by funsohng (27648 posts) -
Sony should make a Matrix kind of game with batman's combat maybe, would be awesome.TheGuardian03
I watched Matrix movies recently and that does sound pretty awesome. With shooting like Max Payne.
#53 Posted by Heil68 (43939 posts) -
I agree, I love the first game, except for the last boss and he was stupidly cheap, but overall the production value and gameplay were excellent and I would love to see another one.
#54 Posted by YuriSH (1803 posts) -

Sony cancelled the sequel that was in the making already.

#55 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I still say Nariko is one of the most good looking video game babes. She reminds me of a hotter, more badass version of Emma Stone :D

#56 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

I still say Nariko is one of the most good looking video game babes. She reminds me of a hotter, more badass version of Emma Stone :D

Master_ShakeXXX

Nariko is probably the most bad*** woman in gaming IMO. Too bad she's dead. :(

#57 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

FlamesOfGrey

Did she die? It's been so long since I've played HS that I don't even remember how it ended :lol:

#58 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Did she die? It's been so long since I've played HS that I don't even remember how it ended :lol:

Yeah, the whole game is essentially a flashback leading up to her death. You start the game at the final battle right before the final boss and then the game tells the events.

Anyone who wields the Heavenly Sword dies.

#59 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

FlamesOfGrey

Yeah, the whole game is essentially a flashback leading up to her death. You start the game at the final battle right before the final boss and then the game tells the events.

Anyone who wields the Heavenly Sword dies.

Aw, that sucks :(

Alright, I'm gonna find myself a copy of this. Gotta play it again.

#60 Posted by parkurtommo (26749 posts) -

Sony can't make games. They are not developers.

#61 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Heavenly Sword was an acceptable launch title that people wouldn't shut up about and ganed notoriety, but it's not a very good game by today's standards.

#62 Posted by Mario1331 (8822 posts) -

i liked HS, i dont care for another but ill definately buy

#63 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I prefer God of War.

#64 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -
No, they shouldn't. The first game, aside from technical graphics, was sh!t. Unless the demo didn't represent the whole game.Zeviander
You are judging a game based off the demo? Wow. :roll: I too wish they had made another Heavenly Sword as I think it was a wonderful game, too bad we won't ever see a sequal.
#65 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -
Enslaved is one of my favourite games of all time yet i found Heavenly Sword incredibly boring. Given that Ninja Theory and Sony parted ways on poor terms i doubt itll happen.
#66 Posted by Malta_1980 (11242 posts) -

Once i hoped Santa Monica Studios or else Ready at Dawn would be appointed by Sony to release a sequel to HS..

However it doesnt look like Sony want to invest in this game..

Its a pity since i really enjoyed the 1st game and although i wish it was longer it surely was fun, beautiful visuals, great animation, solid gameplay and top-notch voice acting...

Lets just hope to see Heavenly Sword 2 for PS4 :P

#67 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9648 posts) -

I always wanted to play it but never did. Looks good.

RyanShazam
Its great, a bit short and not alot of veriaety in combos/weapons, but I loved it. I also love the Six-axis gameplay portions
IF they give it to a developer that can make a decent action game, then yes.funsohng
They can give it to ReadyAtDawn Studios, they pretty much perfected GOW on the PSP.
#68 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9648 posts) -

I prefer God of War.

ShadowMoses900
cuz having both would be terrible.....
#69 Posted by Blabadon (26147 posts) -

Unnecessary spoilers in this thread. You guys are ****

#70 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

Blabadon

Nariko is shown dying at the beginning of the game dude. It's common knowledge. The entire game is a flashback.

#71 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
Yes, more red head leads is always a good thing.
#72 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6546 posts) -

I like the 1st one. I say Santa Monica should do it. I love God of War but don't you wanna try something different? As far as story goes it could be a prequel or sequel but I think it should be unrelated to Nariko.

#73 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

I would hope so as I loved HS very much

#74 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

FlamesOfGrey

Nariko is shown dying at the beginning of the game dude. It's common knowledge. The entire game is a flashback.

well, thats no excuse cause...

[spoiler] she doesnt die in that scene, she later revives as a godess. Only after defeating Bohan does she dies for good, so Blabadon complaints are legit. I would be p*ssed aswell [/spoiler]
#75 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

Heavenly Sword was an acceptable launch title that people wouldn't shut up about and ganed notoriety, but it's not a very good game by today's standards.

Gxgear

One can improve or does not?

Also I disagree with you as I recently played HS and, besides the anoying last boss fight, I still enjoyed it immensely and thought that, as a launch title, it certainly had potencial to improve. Its 5h were definitely more enjoyable for me then many >10h games I played this gen

I say, just improve combat (by adding a jump mechanic and enemies that do not block constantly every move) and expand its lenght to 10h and add some replayability options or even a MP mode ala GoW: Ascension and the game may be a success

#76 Posted by TomatoDragonPSN (531 posts) -

I like the 1st one. I say Santa Monica should do it. I love God of War but don't you wanna try something different? As far as story goes it could be a prequel or sequel but I think it should be unrelated to Nariko.

AsadMahdi59
I would love to see SM make a HS game.
#77 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

Vatusus

well, thats no excuse cause...

[spoiler] she doesnt die in that scene, she later revives as a godess. Only after defeating Bohan does she dies for good, so Blabadon complaints are legit. I would be p*ssed aswell [/spoiler]

Well you know she's going to die very early in the game as it's brought up many times throughout. The internet is spoiler heaven anyway especially in topics about any particular game.
#78 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Vatusus

One can improve or does not?

Also I disagree with you as I recently played HS and, besides the anoying last boss fight, I still enjoyed it immensely and thought that, as a launch title, it certainly had potencial to improve. Its 5h were definitely more enjoyable for me then many >10h games I played this gen

I say, just improve combat (by adding a jump mechanic and enemies that do not block constantly every move) and expand its lenght to 10h and add some replayability options or even a MP mode ala GoW: Ascension and the game may be a success

You just agreed that as a launch title it's good...exactly my point:?

Looking back on it, Heavenly Sword is extremely scripted, very linear, and just doesn't hold up to the best of the action adventure genre. As for potential to improve, sure, but arguing the hypothetical doesn't give any credence to your argument.

#79 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
You are judging a game based off the demo? Wow. :roll: -Renegade
Problem? Many games this gen have pushed me to buy them first day (or straight after finishing if they are older and already released; like Skate) based on a demo alone. The fact I quit the HS demo laughing at it, and the idea of Ninja Theory making a Devil May Cry game might be indicative of how it would be a waste of my money trying the full game. I thought the combat was atrocious. The graphics were pretty. I'm not playing a game for it's graphics. I've already got DMC4 and Bayonetta to fulfill my action needs this gen, and really don't want to play another for it's story.