Sony set to Dominate E3 2014?

#1 Edited by f50p90 (3767 posts) -

With the latest leaks of Demon's Souls 2 and hints towards TLG and Guerrilla's new IP it's looking like Sony has the opportunity to really blow the top off E3 this year.

Things sure to be there:

• Uncharted 4
  • Drive Club
  • The Order: 1886
  • Exclusive Destiny Content
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • PlayStation Now
  • Indiesx1000

Games heavily rumored to be there:

• Demon's Souls 2
  • Guerrilla's new IP
  • The Last Guardian

Games they could unleash just because:

• Sony Santa Monica game (probably God of War)
  • Deep Down (finally confirm for the US)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (obviously in development)
  • H1Z1
  • Planetside 2

This is stuff we all know at least exists(with the exception of TLG). We know Microsoft has Halo, Gears, Forza and Sunset and Nintendo will be there with Smash and Kart, maybe Zelda? I expect all 3 to bring something new to the table as well but It just seems like Sony has so much more in the pipe at this moment.

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (44353 posts) -

Maybe. There isn't enough info.

#3 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9493 posts) -

Was Deep Down actually confirmed for the US? That's pretty great.

I'm really looking forward to The Order and Uncharted but seeing Guerilla's new IP has me the most excited.

#4 Edited by lostrib (42990 posts) -

lol The Last Guardian

#5 Posted by lawlessx (47214 posts) -

we shall see...

#6 Edited by smashed_pinata (3290 posts) -

Nope not going to happen. Nintendo will win E3 with Zelda U

#7 Edited by f50p90 (3767 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Was Deep Down actually confirmed for the US? That's pretty great.

It hasn't been. I meant to imply they could finally announce it at e3 this year and hopefully show more gameplay

#8 Edited by osan0 (13039 posts) -

its hard to see anyone else taking it.

maybe nintendo will drop a few bombs in their directs around E3.

MS will just be the usual COD promotion, kinect stuff and new services and deals struck for more useless tat for live gold. if halo still a big deal? i never notice the hype for it anymore. i would say destiny will probably get more attention.

so yeah...unless nintendo have some major surprises in store it certainly looks like another open goal for sony.

....unless your a vita owner. if your hoping for good vita news then...well....lets keep the hope alive people.......pooooor vita :(.

#9 Edited by SolidGame_basic (19330 posts) -

@osan0 said:

its hard to see anyone else taking it.

maybe nintendo will drop a few bombs in their directs around E3.

MS will just be the usual COD promotion, kinect stuff and new services and deals struck for more useless tat for live gold. if halo still a big deal? i never notice the hype for it anymore. i would say destiny will probably get more attention.

so yeah...unless nintendo have some major surprises in store it certainly looks like another open goal for sony.

....unless your a vita owner. if your hoping for good vita news then...well....lets keep the hope alive people.......pooooor vita :(.

The Vita's had a string of announcements already with Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts R, and Oreshika coming this year. Also, the Vita slim and Borderlands 2 are coming May 6. And of course there will be more announcements. Just need to pay attention ;)

#10 Edited by misterpmedia (4521 posts) -

@lostrib said:

lol The Last Guardian

#11 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@lostrib said:

lol The Last Guardian

its happening. 100%

#12 Edited by hoosier7 (3983 posts) -

Probably, i think they've got the most room for new reveals which is what i like the most from E3.

#13 Posted by osan0 (13039 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: freedom wars looks good

tales of hearts is, as i suspected, a port (and a port of an old DS game at that...go figure).

Oreshika could also be worth a look.

and borderlands 2 is not even worth mentioning. a limited port of an old game released on pretty much every other platform years ago. im not sure why they bothered with that one. a new borderlands for the vita...oh yes please.

if sony aim to impress on the vita front then they are going to have to do a lot better than that. for the record....i really do hope sony aim to impress on the vita front.

looking at the release schedule for europe for 2014 (according to eurogamer) the only game i am interested in is the god of war collection (simply because i havent played those games before and its a great type of game for a handheld). the new gravity rush could also be very good (loved the first one despite the flawed combat system) but we may not see that until next year.

other than that (oh and Ys...should pick that up) its very slim pickings at the moment.

#14 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19330 posts) -

@osan0 said:

@SolidGame_basic: freedom wars looks good

tales of hearts is, as i suspected, a port (and a port of an old DS game at that...go figure).

Oreshika could also be worth a look.

and borderlands 2 is not even worth mentioning. a limited port of an old game released on pretty much every other platform years ago. im not sure why they bothered with that one. a new borderlands for the vita...oh yes please.

if sony aim to impress on the vita front then they are going to have to do a lot better than that. for the record....i really do hope sony aim to impress on the vita front.

looking at the release schedule for europe for 2014 (according to eurogamer) the only game i am interested in is the god of war collection (simply because i havent played those games before and its a great type of game for a handheld). the new gravity rush could also be very good (loved the first one despite the flawed combat system) but we may not see that until next year.

other than that (oh and Ys...should pick that up) its very slim pickings at the moment.

Tales of Hearts R is a remake for a DS game that never came out of Japan.

#15 Posted by Couth_ (10357 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2 means yes. It's too bad it leaked. It would have been perfect for a "BUT WAIT - WE HAVE ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT"

#16 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9563 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

lol The Last Guardian

I believe The Last Guardian is dead.

#17 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Don't forget agent!

#18 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9423 posts) -

I don't feel like Sony's current stable of first party franchises could get me excited in the least. there would have to be something new and interesting from them for me to take notice right now.

It's usually 3rd parties that make a Sony console great and their conferences don't focus on that.

#19 Edited by lostrib (42990 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

lol The Last Guardian

They'll release it as an HD remaster for PS6

#20 Posted by Heil68 (47377 posts) -

I'm, looking forward to it.

#21 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1132 posts) -

This should come as no surprise to anyone.

Sony has the first party that the others don't

Look at last gen.

Look at the gen before that.

Look at 3 gens ago.

I expect plenty of great games. I know I won't be disappointed.

#22 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@lostrib said:

The game has to come out first lol. And i don't think they're going skip this gen, it's now or never.

#23 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9759 posts) -

They'll probably have a solid E3, although I don't know if they'll "win" it. Nintendo might have a really good E3 too.

#24 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Oh yeah. PlayStation gonna tear it up.

#25 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9563 posts) -
@xboxdone74 said:

Oh yeah. PlayStation gonna tear it up.

So where are all the award winning PS4 exclusives? Are you ready to tell us yet?

#26 Posted by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

Well to be fair winning an e3 against microsoft is not that hard. TV TV SPORTS TV TV KINECT WATERCOOLER.

#27 Edited by xX0LDSCH00LXx (1409 posts) -

Pfffft...hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! No.

#28 Posted by charizard1605 (61781 posts) -

My money's on Nintendo for a change.

#29 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6356 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm, looking forward to it.

#30 Edited by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

Uncharted 4, The Order 1886 and Demon Souls II and this shit is ova

#31 Edited by f50p90 (3767 posts) -

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

The game has to come out first lol. And i don't think they're going skip this gen, it's now or never.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was outright cancelled but there has been some industry insider hints about it

#32 Posted by Nike_Air (18428 posts) -

I hope Sony decides to space things out for their "AAA" game announcements between E3 , Gamescom , TGS , and they can even save the VGX ! I watch that mess Geoff Keighly hypes every year anyway.

I want them to stream and hype every show. E3 is big , but it's not the end all be all.

#33 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (6277 posts) -

I'm looking forward if The Order: 1886 is not all about BS cutscenes because it looks interesting. That, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian and Demon's Souls 2 are what I'm interested; With two of them being just rumors.

#34 Posted by Couth_ (10357 posts) -

@Nike_Air: idk man e3 is the super bowl of them all and that's become more apparentin recent years. I feel like tgs used to be more major but Japan cares less and less about the consoles each year, you can see it in the floor interviews they just don't get hyped about anything. Why waste a major announcement on tgs? They might like stuff better tailored for their styles and interests

Gamescon is more for the visitors.. Its best for them to actually have playable stuff..stuff at e3 is more unplayable trailers lol

#35 Posted by Ghost120x (4189 posts) -

They will win if they bring back wild arms. I need a next gen, high production, classical turn based jrpg for consoles. Someone needs to steer square in the right direction. The last game I played like that was Lost Odyssey. Good times..

#36 Edited by melonfarmerz (1283 posts) -

Well when your competition is Nintendo, who already unvieled all their major stuff, and fucking Microsoft, who's probaby waiting unviel the newest cable and Kinect features, you could go up, take a shit on stage, leave, and still win

#37 Posted by _Matt_ (9446 posts) -

Nintendo will win this year.

#38 Edited by freedomfreak (43727 posts) -

Last of Us remaster is gonna steal the show.

I think they will all do great. I hope Nintendo will deliver the goods. Reggie lied to me when he said 2014 wasn't gonna have any droughts. The hell, Reggie?

#40 Posted by misterpmedia (4521 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

lol The Last Guardian

It will be an episodic movie adventure by tell tale for the Vita.

#41 Posted by rrjim1 (937 posts) -

Not a very good list, Uncharted 4, and The Order 1886, is about all I'm interested in right now.

#42 Edited by tymeservesfate (2227 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

lol The Last Guardian

It will be an episodic movie adventure by tell tale for the Vita.

smh...

#43 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: Why do you continue to ask your Caesar questions that do not have answers yet, citizen? Is this to cover up the sad state the pc is in?

How many goty exclusives did pc have gen 7 on Gamespot? That is a question that can be answered.

Carry on, citizen.

#44 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9040 posts) -

Sonys E3 lineup is weak sauce poured over a sun baked turd.

#45 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9563 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@speedfreak48t5p: Why do you continue to ask your Caesar questions that do not have answers yet, citizen? Is this to cover up the sad state the pc is in?

How many goty exclusives did pc have gen 7 on Gamespot? That is a question that can be answered.

Carry on, citizen.

So there are no award winning PS4 exclusives. That's all you had to say.

#46 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

sony has been kind of quiet for the most part, expecting some bombshells.

#47 Edited by Suppaman100 (4367 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Carry on, citizen.

PS4 just released, why ask such nonsense?

PC beggars and their damage control...

#48 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@Suppaman100: It is pretty depressing, not to mention Hannibal crazy, to ask for an answer to something that hasn't been determined yet.

But that is the defense mechanism of the pc beggar.

#49 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9563 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Carry on, citizen.

PS4 just released, why ask such nonsense?

PC beggars and their damage control...

Console peasants and their 20 fps, 882p, and no mods. lolz

#50 Edited by groowagon (3030 posts) -

are all lems dead? cows are still hungry for blood and now they are after hermit flesh. crazy sons of b****

it's all pc beggars vs peasant cows in here now.