Sony's Yoshida Has Been Banned Twice on Miiverse

  • 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Blabadon (27144 posts) -

What the fuck lol

Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, revealed that he's been banned twice on Miiverse, Nintendo's social networking service.

Talking with Mark Cerny last week (and reported by Engadget), Yoshida admitted that he's gotten into trouble on Miiverse two times. "The first time was because I had my Twitter account in my profile, and that's against the rules," Yoshida said. "The second time is because I wrote, 'I love PS.' You're not supposed to promote a commercial product in Miiverse, so they correctly interpreted 'PS' as 'PlayStation.'"

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (13991 posts) -

when you live by a for sony gamers by sony gamers mantra...it should be no surprise.

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5076 posts) -

only twice? that bloke ain't so tuff.

#4 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5492 posts) -

nintendo are such player haters, so out of touch.

#5 Posted by misterpmedia (3705 posts) -

Iwata personally slamming the ban hammer down.

"Please understand."

#7 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8525 posts) -

This is an injustice! This is a guy from a company that stands up for gamers and protects them from the greed and recycling that plague Nintendo and Microsoft.

#8 Posted by Blabadon (27144 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Booo Nintendo, booo!

You don't ban Yoshi, he's one of the coolest dudes around!

The reasons are goddamn hilarious.

#9 Posted by darkangel115 (1843 posts) -

So basically even the Sony Execs are trolls. No wonder Cows are so terrible. The bad thing is they do a huge disservice to sony who has done so much for gaming, but it gets over shadowed by obnoxious fans

#11 Posted by FinalFighters (1625 posts) -

Are you serious? you get banned for mentioning other systems on miiverse? smh.

#12 Edited by wolverine4262 (19613 posts) -

That doesnt sound like a shitty tos at all.

#13 Edited by freedomfreak (41396 posts) -

Miiverse is lame anyways. Might as well use the internet. Your average smartphone is twice as fast as Miiverse.

Not to mention the entire point of it flies out the window when not even every game is supported by it.

#14 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7441 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

Are you serious? you get banned for mentioning other systems on miiverse? smh.

It's not that outrageous when you consider that he works for Sony and was promoting the playstation brand. Gamespot doesn't allow people to peddle their products on the forums, either.

#15 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5076 posts) -
@wolverine4262 said:

That doesnt sound like a shitty tos at all.

i thought their tou was fair:

War is peace

Freedom is slavery

Ignorance is strength

#16 Edited by wolverine4262 (19613 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur:

As are their punishments.

#17 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14683 posts) -

So If I say, I love Sega I could be banned? lol.

Oh man.

#19 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7441 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So If I say, I love Sega I could be banned? lol.

Oh man.

Well, if you are a ranking official at Sega, log in with your real name, and say you love them, I'm sure they probably would ban you from the Miiverse forums. How does Sony handle the PSN forums on the PS4? Do they allow solicitation?

#20 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

what a badass.

#21 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14683 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So If I say, I love Sega I could be banned? lol.

Oh man.

Well, if you are a ranking official at Sega, log in with your real name, and say you love them, I'm sure they probably would ban you from the Miiverse forums. How does Sony handle the PSN forums on the PS4? Do they allow solicitation?

I'm not sure, I do know playroom offers Stripteases.

I think Sony May be a bit more Lax on this particular issue. It's kind of rediculous to ban someone for mentioning other consoles, games. Who would have thought Miiverse had such an oppressive atmosphere.

#22 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7441 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So If I say, I love Sega I could be banned? lol.

Oh man.

Well, if you are a ranking official at Sega, log in with your real name, and say you love them, I'm sure they probably would ban you from the Miiverse forums. How does Sony handle the PSN forums on the PS4? Do they allow solicitation?

I'm not sure, I do know playroom offers Stripteases.

I think Sony May be a bit more Lax on this particular issue. It's kind of rediculous to ban someone for mentioning other consoles, games. Who would have thought Miiverse had such an oppressive atmosphere.

What are your thoughts on the people who come onto this website to promote a new indie game that they just made?

#23 Edited by clyde46 (46795 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So If I say, I love Sega I could be banned? lol.

Oh man.

Well, if you are a ranking official at Sega, log in with your real name, and say you love them, I'm sure they probably would ban you from the Miiverse forums. How does Sony handle the PSN forums on the PS4? Do they allow solicitation?

I'm not sure, I do know playroom offers Stripteases.

I think Sony May be a bit more Lax on this particular issue. It's kind of rediculous to ban someone for mentioning other consoles, games. Who would have thought Miiverse had such an oppressive atmosphere.

What are your thoughts on the people who come onto this website to promote a new indie game that they just made?

I have no issue with a one man band/small team promoting their game, I do take issue with large companies with lots of ad money using shills and underhanded tactics to promote their game.

#24 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14683 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So If I say, I love Sega I could be banned? lol.

Oh man.

Well, if you are a ranking official at Sega, log in with your real name, and say you love them, I'm sure they probably would ban you from the Miiverse forums. How does Sony handle the PSN forums on the PS4? Do they allow solicitation?

I'm not sure, I do know playroom offers Stripteases.

I think Sony May be a bit more Lax on this particular issue. It's kind of rediculous to ban someone for mentioning other consoles, games. Who would have thought Miiverse had such an oppressive atmosphere.

What are your thoughts on the people who come onto this website to promote a new indie game that they just made?

I have no issue with a one man band/small team promoting their game, I do take issue with large companies with lots of ad money using shills and underhanded tactics to promote their game.

Yeah I think it's fine unless it's a slender clone, lol.

#25 Posted by darkangel115 (1843 posts) -

Imagine if a high ranking exec at MS did this, how much cows would be trashing it?

#26 Edited by silversix_ (14986 posts) -

The thing is so childish that i bet you'd get banned for drawing something round with a straight line=penis=banned.

#27 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4649 posts) -

lol Nintendo still in the dark ages. It's a small thing, but it's representative.Don't people just get tired of Nintendo being so stubborn and refusing to get with the times on just about everything. Don't people just get tired of waiting for them.

#28 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25835 posts) -

You're not supposed to promote a commercial product on Miiverse. Welp.

Time to shut down Miiverse.

#29 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

Imagine if a high ranking exec at MS did this, how much cows would be trashing it?

MS did better. They begged gamers lining up for to play Mario Kart 8 early as a special event at certain bestbuys to buy their products

#30 Posted by lostrib (39049 posts) -

That's pretty funny

#31 Posted by Bigboi500 (30311 posts) -

Shameless.

#32 Posted by santoron (7792 posts) -

That's pretty hilarious.

#33 Posted by Shewgenja (9822 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

when you live by a for sony gamers by sony gamers mantra...it should be no surprise.

I laughed so freaking hard! Sometimes, you strike gold, sir :)

#34 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11489 posts) -

Miiverse is ridiculously strict but I think there's more to it than that. You don't just get banned for your first offense if it's something like that. I had my online IDs listed on my profile and had it hidden by an admin until I changed it.

#35 Posted by locopatho (20421 posts) -

Lol. Whatta shock. It's a poor service. Keeping a wacky bastard like him would HELP Miiversie. SO of course they ban him.

#36 Posted by resevl4rlz (3280 posts) -

how do we know its him really? it could just be another fake person

#37 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5076 posts) -
@resevl4rlz said:

how do we know its him really? it could just be another fake person

he admitted it in an interview with engadget

honestly - i think this says more about the draconian nature of miiverse than it does about yoshida-san.

if nintendo believed in the strength of their product, then they should have no problem with their community discussing other consoles/platforms.

#38 Edited by xhawk27 (7359 posts) -

Yeah but did he ever get banned on XBL? :D

Trying how to copy the Best Console Online Gaming service.

#39 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (894 posts) -

A man who is not afraid to step on some toes is the only man I wish to lead me into the next generation.

#40 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7863 posts) -

Lol. Yoshida, he's nobody.

#41 Edited by super600 (30811 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

Are you serious? you get banned for mentioning other systems on miiverse? smh.

The miiverse mods have to be extremely harsh at times because millions of users have access to and use miiverse(especially children).That is why they have all these crazy rules(including the advertising rules).And yoshida was not banned permanetly I think.

#42 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27236 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@FinalFighters said:

Are you serious? you get banned for mentioning other systems on miiverse? smh.

It's not that outrageous when you consider that he works for Sony and was promoting the playstation brand. Gamespot doesn't allow people to peddle their products on the forums, either.

True. There are even worse reasons to get banned.

#43 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27236 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

lol Nintendo still in the dark ages. It's a small thing, but it's representative.Don't people just get tired of Nintendo being so stubborn and refusing to get with the times on just about everything. Don't people just get tired of waiting for them.

He promoted a product when he wasn't supposed to. Gamespot and IGN don't even allow that on their forums.

#44 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

he was drawing a penis going inside an xbox one.

#45 Posted by finalstar2007 (25334 posts) -

So you get banned if you say you love some other item? lmfao kiddynintendo strikes again!

i see people with comments like i love xbox or 3DS ftw on PSN all the time and have any of them been banned for saying that? no heck even on CoD a lot of people have XBOX as their clans and have any been banned? no.

lol nintendo

#46 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5788 posts) -

I got a post deleted because I drawed a poop with a cute face.

#47 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27236 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@resevl4rlz said:

how do we know its him really? it could just be another fake person

he admitted it in an interview with engadget

honestly - i think this says more about the draconian nature of miiverse than it does about yoshida-san.

if nintendo believed in the strength of their product, then they should have no problem with their community discussing other consoles/platforms.

How, exactly?

#48 Posted by hippiesanta (9915 posts) -

Nintendo is sooo insecure ....... well..... at least real gamers hate them

#49 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7441 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@resevl4rlz said:

how do we know its him really? it could just be another fake person

he admitted it in an interview with engadget

honestly - i think this says more about the draconian nature of miiverse than it does about yoshida-san.

if nintendo believed in the strength of their product, then they should have no problem with their community discussing other consoles/platforms.

There is sort of a difference between discussing other products/platforms and trying to sell them on miiverse.

#50 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@darkangel115: you're so butthurt, damn.