Sony’s Credit Rating May Be Cut to Junk by Moody’s

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@treedoor said:

Even in Playstation's best years it was still just a very small part of Sony's overall business, so it's not really surprising that investor's still predict a gloomy outlook for Sony even on the verge of PS4's release.

Maybe if Sony could pull a Wii, and sell a few hundred million first party titles, but I doubt that happens.

Highly doubt it, only way to do that would be to go after the casuals 100% like the Wii did and MS is trying to do.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

Sony are broke. In other news the sky is blue and water is wet.

Which make then having stronger hardware than MS $100 cheaper a total embarrassment..hahaha

How can a company who is on the edge,out do one that does billions upon billions,and basically getting ready to deliver a massive own sales wise this holiday.

Look we all know the PS4 is a stronger gaming machine, but thats all it it is. MS have a vision to become the entertainment centre of the living room, its a different market. They are not targeting the Tormentos of the world. They are targeting consumers like me, with disposable income a family and a social life haha.

MS know what they are doing. They are not trying to create the most powerful gaming machine to please fanboys and fuel system wars. They are trying to make a diverse and successful product that appeals to a wide audience.

Its not difficult to create a powerful console. It is difficult to create a balanced cost effective machine for a mass market. For me the X1 is the better deal.

So you just admitted that MS is targeting casuals with the Xbone.

LOL

Jesus christ dude, the fate of Sony can affect entire gens of gaming and you don't seem to care at all..

Ok and let's ignore that Xbox has not made any profit at all for MS yet.

The future for Xbox is uncertain too. Read this;

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/sherlund-microsoft-should-consider-selling-xbox-bing-businesses/

http://microsoft-news.com/activist-shareholders-may-force-microsoft-to-sell-xbox-bing/

Big shareholders want MS to get rid of their Xbox devision.

If Xbone fails then it could be the last Xbox console we see.

And Sony should leave the TV market, that's one of the biggest divisions where they are losing money. Atleast their life insurance business is going well.

Also watch this:

Loading Video...

Over a decade they still made a big profit of 7+ billion dollars.(still peanuts when you compare with MS though) But Sony won't go bankrupt that easily.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

Which make then having stronger hardware than MS $100 cheaper a total embarrassment..hahaha

How can a company who is on the edge,out do one that does billions upon billions,and basically getting ready to deliver a massive own sales wise this holiday.

Look we all know the PS4 is a stronger gaming machine, but thats all it it is. MS have a vision to become the entertainment centre of the living room, its a different market. They are not targeting the Tormentos of the world. They are targeting consumers like me, with disposable income a family and a social life haha.

MS know what they are doing. They are not trying to create the most powerful gaming machine to please fanboys and fuel system wars. They are trying to make a diverse and successful product that appeals to a wide audience.

Its not difficult to create a powerful console. It is difficult to create a balanced cost effective machine for a mass market. For me the X1 is the better deal.

LOL

Jesus christ dude, the fate of Sony can affect entire gens of gaming and you don't seem to care at all..

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/sherlund-microsoft-should-consider-selling-xbox-bing-businesses/

http://microsoft-news.com/activist-shareholders-may-force-microsoft-to-sell-xbox-bing/

And Sony should leave the TV market, that's one of the biggest divisions where they are losing money. Atleast their life insurance business is going well.

Also watch this:

Loading Video...

Over a decade they still made a big profit of 7+ billion dollars.(still peanuts when you compare with MS though) But Sony won't go bankrupt that easily.

Yeah, keep thinking MS is gonna retire the XBONE anytime soon.

Also, lmao @ listening to Sony about their finances, these are the guys that managed to lose money ever since the PS2 launched

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Killing the Playstation would be one of the final things to go, that will never happen. They are too large of an organisation to die, the PS4 has no chance of being effected.

I don't know about that. Sony lost over $11 billion with the PS3 and they will probably lose a few billion with the PS4 as well. If Sony continues to bleed money over the next few years, it could effect all of Sony, not just their Playstation division. Kaz has been trying to turn things around, but so far he's only done a fair job of it.

@Shewgenja said:

So, this is what Lems must resort to to make up for the fact they are supporting an utter shit box this gen? Too bad for them that Steambox will wipe the XBox from all recollection when it drops.

No one really cares about the SteamBox except PC gamers. Most of them just want the new innovative controller for their own PC. lol!! SteamBox will be the next Ouya and since it's a system and not a game console, it's not really competing with PS4 or XB1.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Suppaman100

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Also watch this:

Loading Video...

Also, lmao @ listening to Sony about their finances, these are the guys that managed to lose money ever since the PS2 launched

LOL, so now the CEO of Sony isn't a reliable source? I can't take you serious anymore dude.

Also LOL at you thinking Xbox is untouchable, if Xbox won't make any money soon for MS it's good bye for Xbox. And that's coming from some of the most important shareholders of MS.

And the future doesn't look good with the Xbone. It had so much bad press, I would be amazed if Xbone sold well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

And yet the PS4 will still outsell all other consoles on the market

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lumpy311

@charizard1605 said:

And yet Sony is still going bankrupt.

PS4 is in a lot of danger of going under.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Also watch this:

Loading Video...

LOL, so now the CEO of Sony isn't a reliable source? I can't take you serious anymore dude.

Also LOL at you thinking Xbox is untouchable, if Xbox won't make any money soon for MS it's good bye for Xbox. And that's coming from some of the most important shareholders of MS.

And the future doesn't look good with the Xbone. It had so much bad press, I would be amazed if Xbone sold well.

The XBONE is selling well.

Also, please stop trying to spin this like a true Sony Fanboy, fact is, Microsoft has a lot of money they can waste, Sony doesn't.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Suppaman100

@Lumpy311 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Sony is not going bankrupt. (thanks to their insurance division)

Also LOL at you ignoring the fact that Xbox has made ZERO profit for MS and thinking the Xbox division is untouchable.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Also LOL at you ignoring the fact that Xbox has made ZERO profit for MS and thinking the Xbox division is untouchable.

Microsoft is untouchable, not their XBOX division, again, stop trying to spin this like a Sony Fanboy, this is news about Sony.

Sony is in danger and so is gaming as we know it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#61 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Also watch this:

Loading Video...

That chart shows me that the Xbox has ben profitable for the last four years; cumulative profit might be negative, but most investors care for the current balance- flows, not stocks.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Suppaman100

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Microsoft is untouchable, not their XBOX division, again, stop trying to spin this like a Sony Fanboy, this is news about Sony.

LOL, Xbox division is also in danger no matter how you spin it. Anyway if you're ignoring my facts I posted I'll leave it with that.

We'll see how it goes then but I'd be amazed if Xbone would sell well after all the bad press.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@charizard1605 said:

LOL, Xbox division is also in danger no matter how you spin it. Anyway if you're ignoring my facts I posted I'll leave it with that.

We'll see how it goes then but I'd be amazed if Xbone would sell well after all the bad press.

Judging by preorder numbers when compared to the PS4, it is selling well, like it or not, the Xbox isn't nearly in danger as much as the PS4 is, you can't spin it around this time, Sony Fanboy.

Also, all the "negative" press didn't reach the actual important console market, the casuals.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Suppaman100

@charizard1605 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Also watch this:

Loading Video...

That chart shows me that the Xbox has ben profitable for the last four years; cumulative profit might be negative, but most investors care for the current balance- flows, not stocks.

Looks like investors DO care about the Xbox division being unprofitable.

Look at these that I already posted here:

Some of the biggest shareholders want MS to get rid of the Xbox division.

And let's be srs here, the future doesn't look bright for Xbone after all the bad press they got. So there's a chance it will be the last Xbox we'll see.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah it also show that the first 3 years actually the brand loss more than they make on those 4 years.

So you have a product which is confirmed to loss money on all generations it has been part of,and the lest time they make some profits but the losses the first 3 years were so bad that it basically eat all of the earning.

So yeah you have a brand that is warranty to loss money,but is not warranty to make you any,and investors do see that.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Suppaman100

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Judging by preorder numbers when compared to the PS4, it is selling well, like it or not, the Xbox isn't nearly in danger as much as the PS4 is, you can't spin it around this time, Sony Fanboy.

Also, all the "negative" press didn't reach the actual important console market, the casuals.

That's what you think. Xbox Fanboy.

But hey continue with your denial, it's very funny. You'll remember my words when Xbone fails.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@charizard1605 said:

That's what you think. Xbox Fanboy.

But hey continue with your denial, it's very funny. You'll remember my words when Xbone fails.

Xbox fanboys have to own an Xbox, i, even if i wanted to, could not, as it is not releasing in my country, no Xbox has, in fact.

The Xbone isn't failing, the PS4 is.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Sorry I dont understand business

Quad FTW!

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah it also show that the first 3 years actually the brand loss more than they make on those 4 years.

So you have a product which is confirmed to loss money on all generations it has been part of,and the lest time they make some profits but the losses the first 3 years were so bad that it basically eat all of the earning.

So yeah you have a brand that is warranty to loss money,but is not warranty to make you any,and investors do see that.

Obviously don't know anything about economics do you, investors don't look at past losses to much what they look at is overall company health and current trends the Xbox it now well into it's 6th year of been profitable while the playstation has posted losses for 6 of the last 7 years.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Also watch this:

Loading Video...

You speak with a whole lot of bluster regarding the Xboxes future considering there is a new CEO stepping in and the XBox Division hasn't turned over a single red cent for Microsoft since its inception. What do you think a new CEO wants to do? Keep a division around for the sake of carrying on a failed legacy while share prices suffer possibly as a result? Get real. You was talking that good shit but only prove why videogamers need to leave the financial talks to the grownups. It has no place here as you clearly demonstrate.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Literally the only thing that will keep XBox around for another generation is if the next Windows is successful enough to make stock owners happy and ignore the billions being sunk into it. Do bare in mind that Zune suffered a similar fate not too long ago. If stock prices stagnate? Heh. This place will be hilarious!

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Damn, SONY. You're fucking up big time.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@thegamer00 said:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-01/sony-s-credit-rating-may-be-cut-to-junk-by-moody-s-after-loss.html

Uh oh. Not looking good for Sony's long term prospects for the PS4.

After global financial crisis(GFC), these rating agencies are a joke.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

@TheEroica said:

Meh, this isn't system wars related... And honestly, if Sony was in such dire shape the things they will be cutting back on are the things that don't make them money... The ps4 is about to make them dump truck loads. Microsoft could've squashed them like a rodent this gen, instead they basically did all the pr work for them...

Don't you mean about to lose them dump truck loads?

It's the great irony of the early part of the console cycle if you price under cost. Not that that will matter much as the market understands this and will discount PS4 losses as long as they move lots of units.

wasn't it already said that all they need to make a profit from a buyer at launch is for them to spend an additional $60?

considering the rise in plus subs, people buying accessories, and profits from new game sales, it really shouldn't take them a long time to start making money off of these systems.

And this is before cost to produce units is lowered even once.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-20-sony-expects-to-recoup-playstation-4-hardware-loss-at-launch

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Lol, so true.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

There's alot of truth to that.

Same with me as well.

Back on Sony though. Selling their system at a loss in hopes of recouping the difference in services/features is their gameplan. But its not smart business if your company is in the financial state Sony is. MS is selling each system at a profit while also reaping revenue from services/features. System preference aside, this is a smarter plan and is why I think MS isn't worried about the PS4 selling more in the first few years. MS feels they will sell enough, but remain proftable enough to keep bulldozing their way further into the livingroom they can live with the PS4 winning the fist few years. If you're operating in the black and growing the buisness, caring will remain in these forums and not the boardrooms.

Sony needs the PS4 to be the PS2 and it won't be. It will do very well though. MS needs the One to steadily build and grow business, and it will. But Sony can't afford to be as patient as MS can.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#77 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

I'm curious to see how much it costs to manufacture the PS4 and how much they lose on each unit sold. The first few years for the PS3 were catastrophic for Sony. Hopefully things aren't so rough this time around.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22627 Posts

@SUD123456: I wasn't really commenting on the initial year losses the companies hit with new console launches, I'm talking about the truck loads of dough sony is about to make with the PS4 on a whole. That good press and that price point is where the ps4 is absolutely crushing the competition.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'm curious to see how much it costs to manufacture the PS4 and how much they lose on each unit sold. The first few years for the PS3 were catastrophic for Sony. Hopefully things aren't so rough this time around.

Would be interesting to know, apparantly it only takes one full priced game purchase to break even I think on the PS4s from what I remember reading, so hopefully won't be anywhere near as catastrophic.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#80 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Would be interesting to know, apparantly it only takes one full priced game purchase to break even I think on the PS4s from what I remember reading, so hopefully won't be anywhere near as catastrophic.

Oh really? Then they should be fine then. Anyone bringing out the doom n' gloom message need to rethink their perogatives.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Oh really? Then they should be fine then. Anyone bringing out the doom n' gloom message need to rethink their perogatives.

Aye, I would find a link, but far to tired to search right now, I'm hoping someone else will take the cue to find it for me :P /

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

We all know PS4 is a go, locked and loaded, better strap one on TC, its gonna be pedal to the muther fvcking metal.

SCEA president and CEO Jack Tretton added: u201cOur goal with PlayStation 4 is to deliver inspiring and creative play experiences that gamers have never seen before. The level of enthusiasm weu2019re seeing from GameStop customers demonstrates how the promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers, and weu2019re looking forward to unveiling more about the new platform in the coming months.Push the boundaries of play, Working with some of the most creative minds in the industry, PlayStationu00ae4 delivers breathtaking and unique gaming experienceu201dIt will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3. Day fvcking 1. Speaking of the PS3, I'd like to thank Sony corporation with a special shout out to Ken Kutaragi

Through your hard work and dedication, you have given us a system of the ages and console of the generation. A value that only you could imagine has unfolded before our very eyes and blossomed into something very beautiful.So, you see, we took small steps to success all along that hike. Together, they added up to hundreds of thousands of small steps. But we might have chosen not to take the first step. We might have stopped at any point along the way. That would have meant that we would not have gotten to our destination.

There were also obstacles along the way. But with each small step they were overcome.

There were frustrations, fears and uncertainties. But with each small step they were crushed.

There was hardship and danger, but with each small step and focus on the desired destination it was conquered.So you see, success is no mystery.

Because, as the Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu said: A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

It takes only one small step to succeed and you have done it Ken. Bravo.

It goes without saying that a thanks is in order for Kazuo Hirai

You have taken Ken's vision and molded into something beautiful. All the world's your stage. And all the men and women merely players: A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but not you Kaz, no being a doer requires effort, risk, and change and you have done a noble job. Bravo!

And last but certainly not least I'd like to thank Jack Tretton, your loyalty, perseverance and dedication has helped Sony reach it's goals and making Sony the #1 console of choice.That is real freedom. That is being educated, and understanding how to think. The alternative is unconsciousness, the default setting, the rat race, the constant gnawing sense of having had, and lost, some infinite thing.You have dared to go where others have been scared to go Jack, Thank you and God bless Sony USA."

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Lumpy311: You dont seem to understand how business works. MS won't waste money on a division that's not profitable. They will sell it and focus on what makes them money if it is not successful. Sony will likely sell there music and movie divisions before they stop making PlayStation.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

We all know PS4 is a go, locked and loaded, better strap one on TC, its gonna be pedal to the muther fvcking metal.

SCEA president and CEO Jack Tretton added: Our goal with PlayStation 4 is to deliver inspiring and creative play experiences that gamers have never seen before. The level of enthusiasm weu2019re seeing from GameStop customers demonstrates how the promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers, and we're looking forward to unveiling more about the new platform in the coming months.Push the boundaries of play, Working with some of the most creative minds in the industry, PlayStation4 delivers breathtaking and unique gaming experienceu201dIt will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3. Day fvcking 1. Speaking of the PS3, I'd like to thank Sony corporation with a special shout out to Ken Kutaragi

Through your hard work and dedication, you have given us a system of the ages and console of the generation. A value that only you could imagine has unfolded before our very eyes and blossomed into something very beautiful.So, you see, we took small steps to success all along that hike. Together, they added up to hundreds of thousands of small steps. But we might have chosen not to take the first step. We might have stopped at any point along the way. That would have meant that we would not have gotten to our destination.

There were also obstacles along the way. But with each small step they were overcome.

There were frustrations, fears and uncertainties. But with each small step they were crushed.

There was hardship and danger, but with each small step and focus on the desired destination it was conquered.So you see, success is no mystery.

Because, as the Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu said: A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

It takes only one small step to succeed and you have done it Ken. Bravo.

It goes without saying that a thanks is in order for Kazuo Hirai

You have taken Ken's vision and molded into something beautiful. All the world's your stage. And all the men and women merely players: A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but not you Kaz, no being a doer requires effort, risk, and change and you have done a noble job. Bravo!

And last but certainly not least I'd like to thank Jack Tretton, your loyalty, perseverance and dedication has helped Sony reach it's goals and making Sony the #1 console of choice.That is real freedom. That is being educated, and understanding how to think. The alternative is unconsciousness, the default setting, the rat race, the constant gnawing sense of having had, and lost, some infinite thing.You have dared to go where others have been scared to go Jack, Thank you and God bless Sony USA."

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Sony is dying. Selling buildings haven't helped them at all. Kaz has failed.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jimmypsn

Posted from previous thread I made:

Last quarter Sony lost 200 million dollars. In the previous quarter before that Sony posted a 35 million dollar profit but that was due in part with Sony selling their buildings including their headquarters in New York and Tokyo. Now Sony doesn't have those assets to sell and will have to go to others to make ends meet. Investors wants Sony to sell their entertainment division. Some are even looking at several electronic divisions including Playstation. Gaming sector posted a 10 million dollar lost. Add that to the fact that Sony lost all the money they made on the PS1 and PS2. Not to mention more than 5 billion dollars on the PS3. Sony is in deep sh%t right now to say the least. I have a feeling those that purchase a PS4 may truly find themselves in unusual circumstances in a few years.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Its over...even if though the PS4 will be a success Sony can't survive another generation of selling it at a loss. Don't count on a PS5 coming out in 10 years from now.

The next gen will be between Valve and Microsoft.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jimmypsn

@SonofK said:

Its over...even if though the PS4 will be a success Sony can't survive another generation of selling it at a loss. Don't count on a PS5 coming out in 10 years from now.

The next gen will be between Valve and Microsoft.

I agree.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@always_explicit: This can't even be considered damage control. This is just pathetic, delusional, drivel. Nothing more, nothing less.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jimmypsn

I just found out Sony lost 2.2 billion dollars in market cap when their stock dropped 12% the last few days. Crazy.