Sony's $124million stake in SE sold $47million (updated)

#101 Edited by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@sts106mat said:

@lglz1337 said:

and this is bad why exactly ?

bad ? who said that ?

Financial woes are good?

sorry, the topic title has changed.... It was originally "sony downsizes again - to sell their entire investment in Square Enix"

I changed it because some Sony fans got upset, they felt that "downsizing means sacking people or selling buildings, not downsizing their investments in other companies"......

the new title allows for people to discuss other Sony related financial news, rather than just the SE investment article

#102 Posted by musicalmac (22832 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@misterpmedia said:

But the investment meant nothing to them anyway, they weren't getting anything out of it anymore. Seems like a prime part of the rib to cut. Hopefully they funnel out more parts that are probably stewing around wasting money while getting nothing in return.

Right, the investment is no longer paying off, so Sony is selling. Why isn't it paying off anymore?

How exactly IS IT paying off if you still think it's paying off for them?

That's a very weird way to answer my non-rhetorical question with another hopefully rhetorical question. lol

#103 Posted by musicalmac (22832 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@musicalmac: Again, please point to the evidence that the shares have given Sony any influence. Again, show me what they've been gaining from these shares.

At what point in the past FF jumped onto different platforms is irrelevant because the three and the next will be across both sides. If their shares gave them the influence you seem to believe then that wouldn't be happening. Why would you keep shares in a company for the sake of the previous years when the recent ones haven't been to your benefit?

No doubt it might damage relations but they know the position Squeenix is in, they can't afford to drop the biggest next gen platform so they're covered. Either way Sony are a business that know more than your or I so it's clear whatever goodwill they got from Squeenix wasn't worth having $47m holed up in failing business.

If i gave you $47m right now where would you put it? Square or into a new or existing project?

We're talking on different levels about different things.

And it's not about what I'd do with 47 million dollars, it's what Sony is going to do with 47 million dollars. I'm guessing the answer is pay the bills, because they need the money. It's a very bad position to be in.

#104 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@sts106mat said:

@lglz1337 said:

and this is bad why exactly ?

bad ? who said that ?

Financial woes are good?

sorry, the topic title has changed.... It was originally "sony downsizes again - to sell their entire investment in Square Enix" I changed it because some Sony fans got upset that downsizing means sacking people or selling buildings, not downsizing their investments in other companies......

haha u still dont get it do u? downsizing means layoffs, it is not the correct terms for whats happened here. had the topic title been 'sony sells its stake in square' u would have been correct. nothing wrong with u reporting the news just the way u worded it was incorrect and unintentionally misleading

@misterpmedia said:
@musicalmac said:

@misterpmedia said:

But the investment meant nothing to them anyway, they weren't getting anything out of it anymore. Seems like a prime part of the rib to cut. Hopefully they funnel out more parts that are probably stewing around wasting money while getting nothing in return.

Right, the investment is no longer paying off, so Sony is selling. Why isn't it paying off anymore?

How exactly IS IT paying off if you still think it's paying off for them?

That's a very weird way to answer my non-rhetorical question with another hopefully rhetorical question. lol

the investment not paying off has nothing to do with sony, they cant do nothing about the situation because they have non voting shares. this is more concerning news for square not sony, a company selling its 8% stake usually means a loss of confidence

#105 Posted by musicalmac (22832 posts) -

Thats not true, Final fantasy 7 was on the Pc as well, i know, i own a copy.

True story, good catch. That's the only one.

#106 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Dat title change:

SW seal of approval has been...well, approved :P

#107 Posted by Telekill (4332 posts) -

I still don't understand gamer's need to see big companies fail. Anyone who is rooting for layoffs and closings of studios... you deserve some bad karma to come your way.

#108 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@edwardecl said:

Maybe Sony just wants to put their money somewhere else, like their own game studios. Or maybe they think Square Enix have topped out on their worth, or both. Does it really matter?

I didn't even know they invested that amount of cash in Square Enix in the first place, what other investments in other companies do they have. It would be more wise to plow everything into the PS4 as it is a winner right now.

Agree. We might find out soon, especially if the investment has gone cold like this one.

sony doesn't have any money to put anywhere else. that is the point

They just got some....lol you made a topic about it. What they do with that money is up to them so who knows what else is just lying about. inb4: "that will go towards paying off debts"

47 million is a drop in the Ocean considering SONYs debt is over 16 billion

#109 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@shawn30: @kuu2: i hope u 2 are backing m$ for the npd tomo, the ownage is going to be hilarious. playstation is one of few divisions in sony thats makes them a profit, playstation isnt going anywhere. the unprecedented sales of ps4 are a testament of sonys greatness, they will prob use this money to fund a new ip or something. great news all round

Lol, if the One loses to the PS4 in console sales for the month of March that coincided with Titanfall's release Ia expect Cows to be in epic form and the gifs and pics will be mind-blowing :) That's how SW always is whenever one side gets great news. Its back and forth, up sand down all the time. No one with a life takes it any more serious than the fun of fanboying on a website. And for the record, I expect the One to win.

#110 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@shawn30: @kuu2: i hope u 2 are backing m$ for the npd tomo, the ownage is going to be hilarious. playstation is one of few divisions in sony thats makes them a profit, playstation isnt going anywhere. the unprecedented sales of ps4 are a testament of sonys greatness, they will prob use this money to fund a new ip or something. great news all round

you cannot be that DENSE

makes perfect sense. square cant afford to make exclusive sony games given their financial position and sony cant force them to do it given their financial position so they got back what they invested and can fund their new exclusive game. whats so hard to understand about that? sounds perfectly reasonable assumption

#111 Edited by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@edwardecl said:

Maybe Sony just wants to put their money somewhere else, like their own game studios. Or maybe they think Square Enix have topped out on their worth, or both. Does it really matter?

I didn't even know they invested that amount of cash in Square Enix in the first place, what other investments in other companies do they have. It would be more wise to plow everything into the PS4 as it is a winner right now.

Agree. We might find out soon, especially if the investment has gone cold like this one.

They just got some....lol you made a topic about it. What they do with that money is up to them so who knows what else is just lying about. inb4: "that will go towards paying off debts"

they didn't get any yet...the deal hasn't gone through. and yeah, they will most likely be using it for paying off debts .. keep lying to yourself if it makes you happy

#112 Edited by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@shawn30: 'If you think those two clowns can finish anything'

BLASPHEMY

repent now sinner or ever face the wrath of lord kaz. the king has returned

It downgraded the debt rating on the consumer electronics and entertainment conglomerate, led by CEO Kaz Hirai, to so-called "junk" status.

WINNING. I finally understand @WilliamRLBaker

#113 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@edwardecl said:

47 million is a drop in the Ocean considering SONYs debt is over 16 billion

yet they can still run studios and create a VR headset over the course of a couple of years. I'll reiterate, what they do with the money is up to them, not forum posters.

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@edwardecl said:

they didn't get any yet...the deal hasn't gone through. and yeah, they will most likely be using it for paying off debts .. keep lying to yourself if it makes you happy

Ditto, on assuming. Also see above.

#114 Edited by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@musicalmac:

@delta3074 said:

Nah, FF XI was on the 360 as well.

#115 Posted by xX0LDSCH00LXx (1409 posts) -

Gaming forums across the internet would be much better off without all the hateful Sony fanboys.

#116 Posted by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

sorry, the topic title has changed.... It was originally "sony downsizes again - to sell their entire investment in Square Enix" I changed it because some Sony fans got upset that downsizing means sacking people or selling buildings, not downsizing their investments in other companies......

haha u still dont get it do u? downsizing means layoffs, it is not the correct terms for whats happened here. had the topic title been 'sony sells its stake in square' u would have been correct. nothing wrong with u reporting the news just the way u worded it was incorrect and unintentionally misleading

Not exactly

#117 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I still don't understand gamer's need to see big companies fail. Anyone who is rooting for layoffs and closings of studios... you deserve some bad karma to come your way.

I agree, but I haven't seen anyone here wishing and hoping for a companies demise. But nonetheless we are discussing the facts as they are now. Who knows, maybe Sony turns this around. Time will tell.

#118 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

Not exactly

so u wanted to intentionally mislead people? lems are destroying the integrity of systemwars CONFIRMED

#119 Posted by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@misterpmedia: stop with the epic quote chains

I really dont think they will be investing it in a new IP haha.

And as for the VR shit, well that is even worse than kinect....no way in hell we will want to be bumbling around in our living rooms with a big helmet on our heads...VR is a pile of shit and will flop for gaming.

#120 Posted by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

how is this bad news exactly? square is garbage not and sony got $47m to invest in stuff maybe even a new ip. great news

Dude, Sony is $6 billion in debt. That $47 million is spent paying off debt

source?

Are you for real? You're acting..........ok, give me a minute

Sony Debt to Equity vs Current Ratio - Macroaxis

www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratioCompare/SNEJF--Debt_to_Equity...

Debt to Equity is calculated by dividing the Total Debt of a company by its Equity. If the debt exceeds equity of a company then the creditors have more stakes in a ...

Sony Corp. (SNE) | Debt - Stock Analysis on Net

www.stock-analysis-on.net/NYSE/Company/Sony-Corp/Analysis/Debt

Apr 14, 2014 · Item Description The company; Total debt: Sum of the carrying values as of the balance sheet date of all debt plus capital lease obligations. Sony Corp.'s ...

I will rescind my comment of a hard number being $6 billion as Sony has Sold a corporate HQ, a PC division, and the holdings in SE since that number was reported last year. But here you go super sony lover. You show me, a stock holder in Sony, where this company is not in junk status.

lol u spent all that time looking for the wrong source. i wanted a source that backed up what u said. i know the company is in debt, i never denied that but unless u can provide a source that says sony will not be reinvesting the $47m my theory of sony reinvesting the money in games is just as valid as ur theory of sony using the money to pay off the debt

Oh my god. I don't even know what to say to that. Hi mister loan shark I owe you 6 grand. I just sold my hooptie for 2500 dollars but I'm going to buy a new couch, instead of paying you. As a stock holder, I thank god you aren't running this company.

#121 Posted by musicalmac (22832 posts) -

@musicalmac:

@musicalmac said:

@delta3074 said:

Wasn't counting the MMOs.

#122 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

And as for the VR shit, well that is even worse than kinect....no way in hell we will want to be bumbling around in our living rooms with a big helmet on our heads...VR is a pile of shit and will flop for gaming.

sony invest in more new ips than nintendo or m$, thats a fact

facebook just bought a vr company for billions, apple is experienting with vr like tech, sony has invested in vr. u mad m$ bet on the wrong horse with kinect? haha i bet when m$ catches up with the rest (catchupbox) then vr will be the next big thing right?

#123 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

so u wanted to intentionally mislead people? lems are destroying the integrity of systemwars CONFIRMED

OH the F***ing irony, A cow claiming Lems are destroying the integrity of system wars.

Coiwa are the biggest offenders when it comes to misleading topics,lol

#124 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Those weren't even epic, you ain't seen nothing.
Great bad opinions dude. Luckily for everyone that's what they are though, opinions. :)

#125 Posted by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

you cannot be that DENSE

have you not been reading the thread? Imagine these cows running this company? Rather than pay off debt immediately, they would extend it and put the new income elsewhere. Why? Because they really don't care as much as they profess to about this once proud giant, Sony corp. All they care about is getting a game they can hold up at SW.

#126 Posted by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

you cannot be that DENSE

makes perfect sense. square cant afford to make exclusive sony games given their financial position and sony cant force them to do it given their financial position so they got back what they invested and can fund their new exclusive game. whats so hard to understand about that? sounds perfectly reasonable assumption

Oh i didn't realise we had information on how much sony invested at the time. $47 million USD is what this stands to net sony, how much did they invest in the first place?

#127 Edited by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

Man, this shit blew up.

#128 Posted by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

how is this bad news exactly? square is garbage not and sony got $47m to invest in stuff maybe even a new ip. great news

source?

Actually, SONY is 16 billion in debt

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SNE

Is that in Euros or USD?

#129 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

source?

Are you for real? You're acting..........ok, give me a minute

Sony Debt to Equity vs Current Ratio - Macroaxis

www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratioCompare/SNEJF--Debt_to_Equity...

Debt to Equity is calculated by dividing the Total Debt of a company by its Equity. If the debt exceeds equity of a company then the creditors have more stakes in a ...

Sony Corp. (SNE) | Debt - Stock Analysis on Net

www.stock-analysis-on.net/NYSE/Company/Sony-Corp/Analysis/Debt

Apr 14, 2014 · Item Description The company; Total debt: Sum of the carrying values as of the balance sheet date of all debt plus capital lease obligations. Sony Corp.'s ...

I will rescind my comment of a hard number being $6 billion as Sony has Sold a corporate HQ, a PC division, and the holdings in SE since that number was reported last year. But here you go super sony lover. You show me, a stock holder in Sony, where this company is not in junk status.

lol u spent all that time looking for the wrong source. i wanted a source that backed up what u said. i know the company is in debt, i never denied that but unless u can provide a source that says sony will not be reinvesting the $47m my theory of sony reinvesting the money in games is just as valid as ur theory of sony using the money to pay off the debt

Oh my god. I don't even know what to say to that. Hi mister loan shark I owe you 6 grand. I just sold my hooptie for 2500 dollars but I'm going to buy a new couch, instead of paying you. As a stock holder, I thank god you aren't running this company.

so u have no source? just as i expected. making constant cuts without reinvestment is a recipe for disaster. u cant be naive enough to think sony wouldnt invest in games, one of few divisions to make a profit for them, would u? ps4 is one of the few success stories at sony right now, they will invest in their successful products to make it more successful

#130 Edited by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

Not exactly

no i didn't mislead anyone, the original title told the whole story, they were downsizing by selling their investment in Square enix. sorry for upsetting you

#131 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@musicalmac:

@musicalmac said:

@delta3074 said:

Wasn't counting the MMOs.

ok, my bad, so it's only one then, don't blame you for missing it though, not many people even Know there was a PC version of FFVII, i only knew because i just happened to spot a Copy for the PC in the bargain bin at Gamestation and bought it, only problem is i cannot run it, keeps coming up 'your GPU does not support 8-Bit palette textures'

Playing it on my Nexus 7 at the moment, gutted i can't play the PC version.

#132 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@delta3074 said:

Actually, SONY is 16 billion in debt

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SNE

Is that in Euros or USD?

"Currency in USD."

On the bottom of the page, where they explain the terms used.

#133 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3715 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Lem vermin want a monopoly so scum like Shawnie can see his precious "the One" (seriously, who the fuck calls it that?) destroy the industry like they tried last May.

#134 Posted by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Great bad opinions dude. Luckily for everyone that's what they are though, opinions. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRp4kDAxkGI&list=UUelv0S-NtH-ChgXQLnPKybQ

#135 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

OH the F***ing irony, A cow claiming Lems are destroying the integrity of system wars.

the integrity of sw must be upheld at all cost, i demand a inquest into this this

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

you cannot be that DENSE

Oh i didn't realise we had information on how much sony invested at the time. $47 million USD is what this stands to net sony, how much did they invest in the first place?

i cant remember but by selling their stake they are making around $47m profit from their original investment. square is going downhill so wise move

#136 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Lem vermin want a monopoly so scum like Shawnie can see his precious "the One" (seriously, who the fuck calls it that?) destroy the industry like they tried last May.

You are full of hate and how did MS try to destroy the industry again because as far as i was aware that sort of DRM policy 'no used games' already exists on the PC and has done for years

#137 Edited by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@delta3074 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the integrity of sw must be upheld at all cost, i demand a inquest into this this

@sts106mat said:

i cant remember but by selling their stake they are making around $47m profit from their original investment. square is going downhill so wise move

Oh so their initial investment was $0.00?

NO THEY AREN'T making $47m in profit

$47m is what the investment deal is thought to be worth if sold now! that is not profit!

Who let you on the internet?

#138 Edited by santoron (7636 posts) -

Who would've thought teenage trolls on a gaming forum would blow a minor financial transaction way out of porportion in the vain hope of finding some "pwnage".

Current value of Sony's SE holdings : ~$47 million

Sony's Cash on hand (Most Recent Quarter) : ~$7,770,000,000

Sony outlined their strategy to cut extraneous holdings 2 years ago now. With SE returning to profitability recently and it's stock rebounding as a result, Sony has chosen solid time to divest themselves of another extraneous investment... you know, like they said they would. But it's hardly a major financial transaction. More like another drop in a very big bucket.

Sony invested in Square after the massive financial failure of the Final Fantasy movie. They never had a vote in SE decisions, and Never enjoyed exclusivity from SE. Even in the PS1 heyday, all FF titles also went to PC.

You guys need a fact checker.

#139 Posted by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Telekill said:

I agree, but I haven't seen anyone here wishing and hoping for a companies demise. But nonetheless we are discussing the facts as they are now. Who knows, maybe Sony turns this around. Time will tell.

I agree also with @Telekill, but lets be real here. The company that gets hated on most and the most wishes they would leave the industry, which would cost people jobs, is MS. I still haven't met nearly as many sheep, lems, or hermits that are as blindly in love with a company as I have Cows. They really think its a sport and these are the "Yankees, Manchester United, Pittsburgh Steelers, Montreal Candiens" of gaming. When in truth that would be the PC.

#140 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

Not exactly

no i didn't mislead anyone, the original title told the whole story, they were downsizing by selling their investment in Square enix. sorry for upsetting you

holy shit u still dont get it. u are using the wrong term to describe what has happened here. what is wrong with u? haha i dont even know why i am suprised, from our previous encounters i get the 'naive' vibe from u every time. 'bu-bu-bu bloom wasnt a big deal in halo, it is only minor' even though u had no clue what it was and have prob never played halo haha

#141 Edited by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786:

You're missing the point. There is no profit when you're 16 billion in debt. Everything is in RED.

#142 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@kuu2 said:

Nothing to see here Sony is fine and as profitable as ever.

Consistent Cow Response to All Sony Financial News irregardless of obvious implications:

lmfao, lems throwing darts in the dark to try and make this seem like bad news.

I think we're looking at a healthy thread backfire here.

Not bad news as in the roof is caving in today, just telling as Sony is in dire need of cash and their Quarterly Report is due soon. It ain't gonna be pretty. Don't worry, your precious PS4 will be safe and sound. But seriously, as a company Sony is doing things to stave off a potential downward spiral they can't get out of. Good for them to make every move they can to avoid that, but you can't avoid that they are in a very dangerous place right now.

Lol that amateur forecast. I know a lem's favourite topic is Sony's financials but c'mon, you even said it yourself Sony needs cash, so why not sell a now worthless investment? Seems like good news. The foreboding is lem manufactured.

Such a typical Cow response to all Sony financials news. I love how Kuu2 wrote: http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2014/01/27/sony-credit-cut-to-junk-status-as-smartphones-cannibalize-its-tv-and-pc-businesses/ @kuu2, you are one amazing manufacturer of Sony financial data

@FreedomFreeLife, you too are an amazing manufacturer of Sony financial news. When you wrote this piece http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/06/technology/sony-restructuring/ we were all stunned by your ability to convey news on a gaming site about a global corporations financial situation

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sony-has-78-chance-to-go-bankrupt-in-two-years-says-macroaxis/ - @sts106mat your amazing ability to pull Sony financial data out of thin air, especially seeing as there is no proof, is a thing of wonder.

And last, but certainly not least @FoxbatAIpha - Your ability to craft such concise Sony data on such a small little unknown online forum like http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/06/idUS300650745820140206 is astounding.

Obviously, Lems are just making this shit up as we go along. Obviously. This is all fanboy driven/fueled BS about Sony's financial situation because we all hate Playstation so much that we all ghost worldwide articles at the most prestigious financial information providers that are all dated 2014. Its a huge SKY IS FALLING agenda lems have concerning Sony, right? No one else in the world but lems see Sony is in a dire predicament, right?

Get the fuck outta here.

Lol typical lem response given that I already stated a Lem's favourite topic is Sony Financials. For starters holy overreaction and not understanding what I was referring. People are well aware of the Sony financial situation., I don't think I've ever seen anyone deny that outright. I was referring to the constant goading that lems do, comment after comment. Sony has been in trouble since 2006 or even before, yet here they are. Take a seat, you're probably light headed after that hot headed rant. The foreboding is manufactured because lems don't actually give a fuck they just like to use it as a cheap shot during console war arguments.

Hey man, that was a good try. You get a E for effort. And you are right, Sony has ben in trouble since 2006 and the boat is going down slowly as every single quarter they are losing money and having to sell off buildings, assets, ect to try and balance the books. This is System Wars, lol. Cheap shots are expected :) And my point outside of the sarcasm isn't "holy overreaction" its that when you weed oyut the entertaining fanboy stuff, the facts are adding up this year that Sony is in bad shape and that is the discussion happening in this thread. You are free to create a PS4 is winning against the One thread with your typical sarcasm and it will be just as truthful as this thread. The foreboding isn't manufactured, its real. Eyes are on the Sony boat as its sinking. Doesn't mean it will sink today, tomorrow, this year or the next. But its still sinking, taking on water, and it matters as a discussion piece because Playstation is owned by Sony.

I'm aware this is system wars, therefore it is a topic I'm discussing is it not? I'm just explaining my view, I'm not sure why you're having to go through the simplicities of how to act accordingly within the forum so I'll cross out all the filler to this post. Again I'm not sure why you're reiterating when I've already mentioned I know Sony is in bad shape, but they have been in bad shape for some time, and it seems like they're adapting. False, this is mostly off topic as the discussion was about Sony selling the shares from Square, TC can change the OP topic title as much as he wants. Again more nonsense about my implied problem with the topic being discussed. Nice try. The financials reports are facts, never once disputed that, but the fanboy foreboding is manufactured because...well...fanboys.

You keep missing the forest for the trees. In the midst of system wars entertainment is the very real foreboding that isn't manufactured by lems, but is the real word situation Sony is facing based on credible sources in the financial community who are reporting on it. I know you want and need this to be lems fault, but its Sony's fault and you are in denial. This thread seems to really be bugging you. Maybe you need a donut or a hug.

Tomorrow is NPD and if Sony beats the One in console sales you'll find your smile again, I promise:) What happens on SW seems to matter to you a great deal, and you know its up and down on both console sides depending on the news of the day. You will be fine.

Didn't know you replied. My apologies. It's a very manufactured and lems have been saying it ever since last gen. If it would have been true Sony would have gone under, sunk and bailed out of the industry entirely, why even bother making a PS4? The fact that it hasn't is clearly rocking some boats I feel, hence why it's manufactured, they can keep saying they're going under but the likelihood of it happening is still the same as it was back in 2006. I'm not in denial, I've stated twice now that I know Sony is in bad shape, lol you can try all you want to spin it into denial if that makes you happy. This thread isn't bugging me, system wars lives for this type of discussion and that's what makes it a fun board, passing it off as an implied emotion, a lot like that last paragraph that I've struck out, and trying to insinuate it affects me personal is laughable. How about you ignore what I'm feeling and keep it on track for once. It's a typical lem trait to go for the user personally, it's within all of you.

#143 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRp4kDAxkGI&list=UUelv0S-NtH-ChgXQLnPKybQ

there wasn't much point to that video... but thanks? Whether or not the acquisition is someone's cup of tea there was a lot of backing for Oculus so I don't see what you're trying to make a point at. Also 85K+ dev kits have been sold as well.

#144 Edited by StormyJoe (4759 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@kuu2 said:

Nothing to see here Sony is fine and as profitable as ever.

Consistent Cow Response to All Sony Financial News irregardless of obvious implications:

lmfao, lems throwing darts in the dark to try and make this seem like bad news.

I think we're looking at a healthy thread backfire here.

Not bad news as in the roof is caving in today, just telling as Sony is in dire need of cash and their Quarterly Report is due soon. It ain't gonna be pretty. Don't worry, your precious PS4 will be safe and sound. But seriously, as a company Sony is doing things to stave off a potential downward spiral they can't get out of. Good for them to make every move they can to avoid that, but you can't avoid that they are in a very dangerous place right now.

Lol that amateur forecast. I know a lem's favourite topic is Sony's financials but c'mon, you even said it yourself Sony needs cash, so why not sell a now worthless investment? Seems like good news. The foreboding is lem manufactured.

Such a typical Cow response to all Sony financials news. I love how Kuu2 wrote: http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2014/01/27/sony-credit-cut-to-junk-status-as-smartphones-cannibalize-its-tv-and-pc-businesses/ @kuu2, you are one amazing manufacturer of Sony financial data

@FreedomFreeLife, you too are an amazing manufacturer of Sony financial news. When you wrote this piece http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/06/technology/sony-restructuring/ we were all stunned by your ability to convey news on a gaming site about a global corporations financial situation

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sony-has-78-chance-to-go-bankrupt-in-two-years-says-macroaxis/ - @sts106mat your amazing ability to pull Sony financial data out of thin air, especially seeing as there is no proof, is a thing of wonder.

And last, but certainly not least @FoxbatAIpha - Your ability to craft such concise Sony data on such a small little unknown online forum like http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/06/idUS300650745820140206 is astounding.

Obviously, Lems are just making this shit up as we go along. Obviously. This is all fanboy driven/fueled BS about Sony's financial situation because we all hate Playstation so much that we all ghost worldwide articles at the most prestigious financial information providers that are all dated 2014. Its a huge SKY IS FALLING agenda lems have concerning Sony, right? No one else in the world but lems see Sony is in a dire predicament, right?

Get the fuck outta here.

what about @StormyJoe and that other clown with lions on his avatar, cant remember his name. where are there articles? why are u forgetting about ur lem brothers?

the pressure is getting to lems, cracks are starting to appear. wait till tormentos and i can haz get in here, they will finish the job

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Tormentos? Really? I_Can_Haze? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Oh damn, I can't breathe I am laughing so hard...

#145 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

This has been an entertaining thread surprisingly since this financial news is not as earth shattering as the ones in the past.

Watching @misterpmedia and @ghostwarrior786 meltdown and have DC that has surpassed my expectations.

I have begged for a Sony financial news sticky maybe we can finally get one since every week there is bad financial news for Sony.

Lastly @ghostwarrior786 how can you even question whether I will be in the NPD thread tomorrow? I AM NPD!

#146 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Hey @musicalmac, isn't this rule a thing?

Do NOT have more than four quotes in your post (quote pyramids).

Make that magic happen :P

#147 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@delta3074 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

Oh so their initial investment was $0.00?

NO THEY AREN'T making $47m in profit

$47m is what the investment deal is thought to be worth if sold now! that is not profit!

Who let you on the internet?

seriously how old are u? i never said their initial investment was $0 did i? lets say they invested 20m and 5 years later they sell their stake for 40m, that would mean sony made 20m profit (not including inflation rate or other variables etc.) do u understand how it works now kid?

now regarding the statement i made turns out i misread the article and sony is receiving around $47m, it does not state how much profit sony made from their investment in square. to find out we would have to know how much they initially invested which i dont know

@ghostwarrior786:

You're missing the point. There is no profit when you're 16 billion in debt. Everything is in RED.

that doesnt mean they cant make a profit from individual transactions

#148 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

This has been an entertaining thread surprisingly since this financial news is not as earth shattering as the ones in the past.

Watching @misterpmedia and @ghostwarrior786 meltdown and have DC that has surpassed my expectations.

I have begged for a Sony financial news sticky maybe we can finally get one since every week there is bad financial news for Sony.

Lastly @ghostwarrior786 how can you even question whether I will be in the NPD thread tomorrow? I AM NPD!

hey so much misinformation in this spread someone had to clear up the mess

i havnt been keeping up with threads lately been busy with uni but see u tomo at NPD!! win/lose/draw i will be there haha

#149 Edited by sts106mat (18885 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: which is what i said to you earlier.......you were on the wrong track and it took you a while to figure it out.........thanks for taking the time to read and digest the article. maybe your eyes were bloodshot with rage and that is why you misread it.

#150 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

Not exactly

holy shit u still dont get it. u are using the wrong term to describe what has happened here. what is wrong with u? haha i dont even know why i am suprised, from our previous encounters i get the 'naive' vibe from u every time. 'bu-bu-bu bloom wasnt a big deal in halo, it is only minor' even though u had no clue what it was and have prob never played halo haha

The same as you are using the Wrong term to describe the Money SONY is getting from this deal, they are Not making 47 million 'PROFIT' from this deal at all, the Profit they make from this deal will be 47 million MINUS the original investment they made in the first place and as no one here seems to know how much SONY invested in the first place we will Probably never know how much Profit they have made, they could be making a Loss on there initial investment for all you know.

And before you start, BTEC national diploma in business and Finance so GTFO with any comments about me not knowing how business works,lol