Sony resorting to "Student Labor".

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Daious (1114 posts) -

@blackace: The article that talks about the PS4/Foxconn incident mentions that Xboxone parts is also made by Foxconn.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128559-Foxconn-Reportedly-Making-PS4s-With-Forced-Student-Labor

Do you also not remember the xbox 360 fiasco with Foxconn?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/12/chinese-foxconn-workers-threaten-mass-suicide-over-xbox-pay-dispute/

Workers threatened to kill themselves over the Xbox pay dispute with Foxconn and MS still picked them to work with Xboxone. How dense are you?

#52 Posted by Quaker-w00ts (1584 posts) -

Eh, what I'm more concerned about is the memories that are recurring when I see BioshockOwnz' name in the highest ranked posters.

Good time :O

#53 Edited by xboxiphoneps3 (2290 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: lol misleading title, thought you were better then this FoxbatAlpha.... Guess not you have to skew news titles

Sony doesnt make the consoles Foxxconn does and employs their own employees, Sony has nothing to do with this issue lmfao

Microsoft, tons of companies use Foxxconn because its a outsource company and its cheap for these companies because cheap labor sad to say but reality of today.

#54 Edited by xboxiphoneps3 (2290 posts) -

@clyde46:

Lol these companies dont really care though or cant do too much about it, Foxxconn is the biggest manufacturer for all these electronic companies, they simply cant just ask someone else to produce the PS4/One because no one else can push these consoles out by the millions like Foxxconn

Blackace stop trolling, Microsoft has used Foxxconn in the past and they are going to use them again, Microsoft is far from a angellic company like your making them out to be

#55 Posted by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

Can't say I really approve of this, but Sony's stock has been so low for so long, they have to increase their profit margin somehow.

#57 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

You mean they get to work in an AC controlled building, and get college credit? DUH horror!

#58 Posted by dreamdude (4611 posts) -

I love seeing people act like they care about some wrong in the world. Sony is not the only company that does this anyways. You better stop gaming if you don't like this practice.

#59 Posted by bleehum (5320 posts) -
#60 Posted by ButDuuude (418 posts) -

Blame Foxconn and I'm still getting a PS4 at launch.

#61 Posted by Shewgenja (8451 posts) -

@blackace said:

@clyde46 said:

@blackace said:

@daious said:

It isn't Sony. It is Foxconn. Please get the facts straight.

Sony is paying Foxconn to manufacture their PS4. So.....

Sony could easy go to a different manufacturer that doesn't do this.

I thought Xbox 360 and XBox One were being manufactured in Japan and Mexico, not in China.

Do some research before you post next time, it will stop you looking like an idiot. I like the fact that you think its a Sony problem. I bet normally all the devices you own are made or have parts made by Foxconn.

Who's paying Foxconn to manufacture the system dummy? Foxconn isn't doing it for FREE. So yes, it is Sony's fault, especially if they are aware of these conditions. You'd have to be an idiot not to understand that.

Microsoft is also using FoxConn. 10% of all the parts in the XBone come from the same facility, in fact. Soooo, it's also Microsofts fault. How you like them apples?

#62 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

#SDC

#63 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

damn, i never thought sony would stoop this low. how disgusting.

#64 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Lemmings resorting to stupid bait threads

#65 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

Even after the GS redesign, blackace continues to own himself.

#66 Edited by blackace (20249 posts) -

@daious said:

@blackace: The article that talks about the PS4/Foxconn incident mentions that Xboxone parts is also made by Foxconn.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128559-Foxconn-Reportedly-Making-PS4s-With-Forced-Student-Labor

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/12/chinese-foxconn-workers-threaten-mass-suicide-over-xbox-pay-dispute/

Workers threatened to kill themselves over the Xbox pay dispute with Foxconn and MS still picked them to work with Xboxone. How dense are you?

That wasn't for the Xbox One, that was for the XBox 360. That was due to work conditions. No one was being bribed. I'm sure Sony saw this story, so why would they use Foxconn? There are no other manufacturers in China, Japan or Mexico. I would think both Sony & Microsoft would avoid that company like the plaque.

#67 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -

Even after the GS redesign, blackace continues to own himself.

Hhhmm.. no. You continue being a troll I see though. Doubt that will change.

#68 Edited by RimacBugatti (1191 posts) -

Well that does make me want to cancel my preorder. But unfortunately this is something that we can't get away from. I wish it wasn't true because I would rather pay a little more for the PS4 and know that this wasn't happening. Ofcourse now I'm frustrated because I thought PS4 was a product of Japan? I support Japan and I understand that they are having difficulties due to the economy which makes it more profitable for them to ship the jobs overseas but it's just not fair to make these kids work for free. I'M NOT HAPPY WITH YOU SONY! :(

#69 Posted by magicalclick (22438 posts) -

The bad is, the school requires the student to work at Foxconn. Before that, people at least have the choice to quit the job. No matter how bad it was, it was still a choice. But, if a student quit this, he would not graduate. And the students would not have been consent before they apply for the school. If not called slave labor, it would be called timed slave labor. Since I am buying Xbox One and not PS4 ever, I don't have to feel bad for those students.

#70 Edited by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

As stated countless times in the thread, Foxconn is widely used as far as consumer electronics go. It's a sad fact of life, one that won't be changing anytime soon, so no reason to single out Sony.

#71 Edited by clyde46 (44851 posts) -

@blackace said:

@daious said:

That wasn't for the Xbox One, that was for the XBox 360. That was due to work conditions. No one was being bribed. I'm sure Sony saw this story, so why would they use Foxconn? There are no other manufacturers in China, Japan or Mexico. I would think both Sony & Microsoft would avoid that company like the plaque.

Such a virgin mind. You really don't understand business do you.

#72 Posted by Daious (1114 posts) -
@blackace said:

@daious said:

Of course that was for the 360. I said that.

Xbox one parts are still being manufactured there. MS uses foxconn for a lot. Same with Sony and Apple.

#73 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

I'm apathetic toward this story.

#74 Edited by heretrix (37307 posts) -

If this pisses you off then it's time to stop using electronics. Good luck with that.

#75 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (575 posts) -

A blackmailed student assembling a PS4? Prepare for YLODs again, it isn't going to be well built lol

#76 Edited by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

Shouldn't really be a surprise.

Actually... it would be seriously surprising if it weren't true lol.