Sony: "Highly significant" unannounced titles coming to PS3

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Slashkice (12988 posts) -

playstation-3-ps3mpblx.jpg

Discussing the console transition on the PS Blog, Ryan said, "Typically history can help us only so far here. We're actually still selling PS2s in regions such as the Middle East seven years after we introduced PS3. There are a number of reasons why the transition might be a bit more accelerated this time round, but PS3 is a very important part of our portfolio, certainly in 2013, 2014 and probably beyond that."

He went to highlight big titles coming for the outgoing machine - both known and unannounced. "I'd point to the software line-up on PS3 that we have coming up - God of War: Ascension next month, The Last of Us, which is looking great, and Beyond later in the year," he said.

"And there's other stuff yet to be announced, which is highly significant too. There's a lot coming on PS3 and it's going to be very important to us for some time yet."CVG

Source

Like the PS2, seems like Sony isn't going to drop PS3 support the second the PS4 releases. Good news for those of you waiting the launch out.

Rumors were recently pointing to Gran Turismo 6 as a PS3 title, but what titles do you think Sony still has planned for the PS3, System Wars?

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

Bring them on!

Love PlayStation :oops:

#3 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Sony is awesome unlike M$ which jumped out from their failure of a console like 3 years ago.
#4 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Translation keep buying the Ps3 there is more stuff coming we promise, remember you can't play any of this significant stuff on our new machine. Until we do the Super HD collections of course
#5 Posted by darkspineslayer (19370 posts) -
Cool beans. I might wait at least 6 months for a PS4, depending on the lineup. As much as I would like it day one, I think I've learned from the Wii U and Vita.
#6 Posted by KillaCattle (63 posts) -

the more the merrier....meanwhile in Microsoftland...

memes_disneyland_for_kinect_forever_alon

#7 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Sony is awesome unlike M$ which jumped out from their failure of a console like 3 years ago.kuraimen
$ON¥'s significance was lacking in 2012 but quality is where its and that has been lacking too.
#8 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
sounds great! Still need to get Ni No Kuni
#9 Posted by KiZZo1 (3962 posts) -

WOW, how on earth are they even doing it. Great PS3/PS4 games incoming and even more UNANNOUNCED?

IN KAZ WE TRUST!

#10 Posted by Speedzilla (1756 posts) -

Glad to hear that the PS3 is still gonna get the love it deserves from Sony.

Takes notes from Sony, M$. Don't stop supporting a console early on in the consoles life-cycle.

Sony is awesome. M$ucks.

#11 Posted by Nike_Air (18263 posts) -

-

• Gran Turismo 6 is rumored
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 is rumored

#12 Posted by locopatho (20044 posts) -
That;s good. Last year was sucky PS3. This one looks better.
#13 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21293 posts) -
very good news, i am not done with the ps3 yet, have to catch up on games i missed, looks like PS4 might wait and when i get one at the time it will have a good library of games to play, so its all good.
#14 Posted by DivineSword (15738 posts) -

They definitely will still be developing some of the sports title for the Playstation 3 even after the Playstation 4 launch.

#15 Posted by FinalFighters (1315 posts) -
this is why i love Sony. they continue to support their previous system(s) even after they release new ones..unlike nintendo and M$ were they Abandon their systems dead in its tracks the second they release something else.
#16 Posted by narutosup (1564 posts) -
Confirmed. Ps3 is more important to Sony than Vita and Ps4. Ps3 will get all the first party exclusive. Ps4 will get ports from PC and Ps3.
#17 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Sony is awesome unlike M$ which jumped out from their failure of a console like 3 years ago.Jack-Burton
$ON¥'s significance was lacking in 2012 but quality is where its and that has been lacking too.

Aren't you tired of being banned so many times ?

#18 Posted by daveg1 (20330 posts) -
the ps3 is very over priced considering its age and the fact a new machine is due out..
#19 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Sony is awesome unlike M$ which jumped out from their failure of a console like 3 years ago.DISSESHOWEDO

Aren't you tired of being banned so many times ?

Gets banned again, comes back the next day.

His love for Microsoft knows no bounds.

He'll get banned again in the distant future.

#20 Posted by GeForce- (308 posts) -

Sony always do this; supporting a console even when a successor is released. This is good and I'm positively expecting to see Gran Turismo 6 appearing on PS3 soon.

Microsoft, take note.

#21 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

Translation keep buying the Ps3 there is more stuff coming we promise, remember you can't play any of this significant stuff on our new machine. Until we do the Super HD collections of courseJack-Burton

true. i also wonder if sony will be releasing hd collections of ps3's hd collections on ps4. 

#22 Posted by DireOwl (3350 posts) -

the ps3 is very over priced considering its age and the fact a new machine is due out..daveg1

Almost all Sony products are overpriced.

#23 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

i wish the ps3 would have done better so the sony guys were not debilitated with the massive inferiority complex they all exhibit.

it literally hurts my soul to see how they act in sw.

i wish there was something we could do to help.

#24 Posted by casharmy (6819 posts) -

this is why i [support] Sony. they continue to support their previous system(s) even after they release new ones.FinalFighters

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (38306 posts) -
I really wonder how significant they will be.
#26 Posted by Heil68 (42747 posts) -
Sony cares about gamers, but when your by gamers, for gamers, what else can you expect than a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring, metagame spreadsheet making exclusives.
#27 Posted by jsmoke03 (12516 posts) -

gt6 seems to be the title.....

#28 Posted by MstaPrimeMnista (1073 posts) -
Meanwhile lemmings: "Its ok 360 has no games this gen is over" :lol:
#29 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Translation keep buying the Ps3 there is more stuff coming we promise, remember you can't play any of this significant stuff on our new machine. Until we do the Super HD collections of courseKarateeeChop

true. i also wonder if sony will be releasing hd collections of ps3's hd collections on ps4. 

Eurogamer: And Beyond is a big PS3 game loads of people want to play, and The Last Guardian is something I really want to play - I want to play them on the new console. Because once that new console comes out, I'm going to move the PS3 to a different part of the room, you know what I mean? Shuhei Yoshida: [Pause] Eurogamer: So is it something you've talked about? Shuhei Yoshida: Yes, so, we've been making some of our PS2 games available upgraded and published on PS3, and in some cases like God of War or Shadow of the Colossus, some people say this is the better version of the original game, so something like that, we find it very satisfying from a development standpoint, and those who create original titles are thrilled to see more people playing their games, because of the update. So I think for some games it will make sense for us to look at, but we are not talking about any more about our titles other than the four titles.

P$3 mega HD updates confirmed.
#30 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

I probably won't buy the PS4 for a while after release so this is good news.

#31 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38172 posts) -

Honestly, I don't think they will be THAT significant

#32 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Persona 5, coming soon.

[spoiler] to PS2 [/spoiler]

#33 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -
Translation keep buying the Ps3 there is more stuff coming we promise, remember you can't play any of this significant stuff on our new machine. Until we do the Super HD collections of courseJack-Burton
#34 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

Eurogamer: And Beyond is a big PS3 game loads of people want to play, and The Last Guardian is something I really want to play - I want to play them on the new console. Because once that new console comes out, I'm going to move the PS3 to a different part of the room, you know what I mean? Shuhei Yoshida: [Pause] Eurogamer: So is it something you've talked about? Shuhei Yoshida: Yes, so, we've been making some of our PS2 games available upgraded and published on PS3, and in some cases like God of War or Shadow of the Colossus, some people say this is the better version of the original game, so something like that, we find it very satisfying from a development standpoint, and those who create original titles are thrilled to see more people playing their games, because of the update. So I think for some games it will make sense for us to look at, but we are not talking about any more about our titles other than the four titles.Jack-Burton

P$3 mega HD updates confirmed.

so that's why they don't want you to have backward capability. :o

#35 Posted by casharmy (6819 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

GT6

The Last of Us

Beyond

GOWA

???? what?

It's ok if you're a PC fan but don't let that blind you.  If you don't think those titles are THAT significant how can you expect anyone to take the random no-name closet budget games you PC fans always rave about seriously?  

#36 Posted by lhughey (4221 posts) -
The development pipeline is lagging behind 12 months or so I'm sure. But you can be sure that no games are in the planning stage for the PS3 from Sony. Other developers are sure to look at an install base of 70M people and think there is an opportunity, however.
#37 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38172 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

casharmy

GT6

The Last of Us

Beyond

GOWA

???? what?

It's ok if you're a PC fan but don't let that blind you.  If you don't think those titles are THAT significant how can you expect anyone to take the random no-name closet budget games you PC fans always rave about seriously?  

What? :? GT6 is the only unanounced game in that list. Did you even read the bloody thread?

I wasn't being a fanboy or anything like that, in fact I have stated many times around here that I will rebuy a PS3 to play TLOU. You're just trying to start something that isn't there. 

#38 Posted by casharmy (6819 posts) -

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

GT6

The Last of Us

Beyond

GOWA

???? what?

What? :? GT6 is the only unanounced game in that list. Did you even read the bloody thread?

I wasn't being a fanboy or anything like that, in fact I have stated many times around here that I will rebuy a PS3 to play TLOU. You're just trying to start something that isn't there. 

perhaps...

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif

#39 Posted by aroxx_ab (9157 posts) -

Sounds great ;D

#41 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10101 posts) -
Nice :D
#42 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
Oh yeah, notice that he doesn't say they're PS3 exclusives. Anything actually significant will come out on PS4 as well.
#43 Posted by stayhigh1 (723 posts) -
[QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"]Meanwhile lemmings: "Its ok 360 has no games this gen is over" :lol:

PS3 still kicking exclusive games out there while the 360 have nothing..lol..I am hoping Sony announce The Last Guardian. GT6, and Final Fantasy Versus coming for the PS4.
#44 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

The ones we don't know for sure but assume will be the "Highly Significant" titles are....

GT6

or

The Last Guardian

I think both of these titles will see the light of day on PS3 and maybe PS4.

#45 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34088 posts) -

Oh yeah, notice that he doesn't say they're PS3 exclusives. Anything actually significant will come out on PS4 as well.Cherokee_Jack

Would be fine by me. I care more about what games will be coming to the PS4 than the PS3 at this point. 

#46 Posted by LadyBlue (3760 posts) -
Sony just keeps on giving. Not surprised, feels good.
#47 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5131 posts) -

Translation:

We still make money off of every PS3 sold, while the PS4 will be sold at a huge loss, so......pretty plz keep buying PS3's ktnxbai.

#48 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38172 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

GT6

The Last of Us

Beyond

GOWA

???? what?

casharmy

perhaps...

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif

:lol: excellent gif

#49 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9301 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Sony is awesome unlike M$ which jumped out from their failure of a console like 3 years ago.Jack-Burton

you are like the new Johny-Cage
#50 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -
Wow, a new game for a last gen system and somehow you guys still spin it into a negative thing, smh SW.