• 154 results
#51 Posted by Ribnarak (2298 posts) -

so much ownage in this thread. TLHBO

#52 Posted by lostrib (37599 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@slimdogmilionar said:
@-Damien- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

$17 million dollar profit?????? ROFL. You are going to need a lot of these quarters to get back that last $1.2 billion dollar loss.

Godsoft just made $17 million during lunch.

huh? did u read the billion yen column or million dollar column? or.... you can't read financial statement?!?

here's a simplifed version

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101881790

Think you should have read that yourself before posting it. The 690 million is their operating income which is better but still weak compared to their competitors who makes billions in profit per quarter. I'm guessing gaming is now the core of Sony's business.

"Sony said operating profit in the first quarter of its fiscal year surged to 69.8 billion yen ($680 million) from 35.5 billion yen a year earlier"

?

the actual document from Sony reads "operating income"which would be the revenue minus operating expenses

#53 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

@-Damien-: Sony's video game segment is doing good, but you have to look deeper to see the big picture (for this quarter and the health of the company). Sony will likely operate at a loss for this fiscal year.

#54 Posted by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Think you should have read that yourself before posting it. The 690 million is their operating income which is better but still weak compared to their competitors who makes billions in profit per quarter. I'm guessing gaming is now the core of Sony's business.

Sony said operating profit in the first quarter of its fiscal year surged to 69.8 billion yen ($680 million) from 35.5 billion yen a year earlier, easily beating the 16.6 billion yen expected according to the average of six analysts' estimates according to Thomson Reuters Starmine. A one-off gain from the sale of a technology facility in Japan also contributed nearly 15 billion yen to the quarterly operating profit, Sony said.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101881790

Clearly say PROFITS ...

Billions which are not related to the xbox one,as MS has been accuse of hiding loss on the xbox and surface brand under money made from Android patent money.

Fact is the PS4 out shipped the xbox one like 5 to 1 or more is killing it.

@farrell2k said:

Sony's game division will not be "profitable" until it pays back its tens of billions in previous losses.

The thread keep delivering..hahahaha

Did you read the report it was talking about Sony as a whole they included all of their divisions in the report. I was not solely talking about M$, when I said competitors I was talking about M$, Apple, Google, Samsung, Vizio, LG, Universal, etc. Sony has a lot of competition most of them not in the gaming industry. Sony can't compete with anybody outside of the gaming industry, which is why it is their core now. But since you want to single out M$ we can do that.

How were those billions not related to Xbox regardless of what they lost M$ has an operating income of 27.76 billion http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Microsoft_(MSFT)/Data/Operating_Income

With that kind of income they can afford to just coast the rest of this gen they already said Xb1 has broken even on what they spent, and they have lost money on surface but the pro 3 is rated the best tablet on the market atm. Speaking of tablets how much does Sony have to pay M$ for those tablets to run Windows. Let's not even get into Sony wanting to make a windows phone now, profit for M$ just keep coming from everywhere.

Also what farrell 2k is the truth every profit Sony makes now will go to cover those losses from last gen. This is a report of the whole company not just the PS division that 680 million is pocket change to M$. Take away 680 mil from their operating income and they still at 27 BILLION.

#55 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

wow I didn't realize just how bad the Xbox was getting destroyed

#56 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

LOL @ spin and damage control from lems.

PS4 >>>> Xflop + 360 + WiiU + 3DS combined.

#57 Edited by super600 (30717 posts) -

I think sony shipped a bit more PS4's than they should have this quarter. Actually PS4's sold may be anywere from 2.5 million to 3.1 million.It may be even less than 2.5 million.At least sony is making a profit overall now.

#58 Edited by AM-Gamer (4033 posts) -

Why are people bitching about combining numbers? They dont report there numbers for System Wars. They do it for investors and they are only concerned about the total consoles sold.

#59 Posted by AM-Gamer (4033 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar: I wouldn't say they can't compete with anyone outside of gaming. They sell the 3rd most tv's of any company and there movie and music division is doing well also. I think it's hillarious you name a company like Vizio when there tv's are trash in comparison to Sony's high end stuff.

#60 Edited by KBFloYd (13804 posts) -

#61 Posted by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Where in my post did I point that to you?

You say people complained in a thread and i was the one who made the thread.lol

@StormyJoe said:

@-Damien-: Oh look, @tormentos, Sony combined PS3 & PS4 sales! Oh, the humanity!!!!

And sony has done that before,it was MS who lemming claimed didn't need to do that...hahaha

@MonsieurX said:

Cows,the hypocrites proven once again

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ms-join-xbox-one-xbox-360-sales-numbers-31452026/#245

MS joined xbox 360+ xbox one shipment for the 4th quarter,non separate report was issue,they pulled a Sony joining PS2 and PS3 sales.

This is epic since so many lemmings flamed sony for this and accuse sony of hiding sales under the PS2,now what lemmings.?

There is no hypocrisy you sad failure of a troll..hahahahahaa

It was establish on the very first post that SONY USE TO DO THE SAME...hahahahaha

In no place i claim what so ever that sony didn't do that,or that MS was bad for it,i was simply calling out those who flamed sony for joining PS2+ PS3 sales..hahaha

Like always you end up been royally owned..lol

#62 Posted by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

Did you read the report it was talking about Sony as a whole they included all of their divisions in the report. I was not solely talking about M$, when I said competitors I was talking about M$, Apple, Google, Samsung, Vizio, LG, Universal, etc. Sony has a lot of competition most of them not in the gaming industry. Sony can't compete with anybody outside of the gaming industry, which is why it is their core now. But since you want to single out M$ we can do that.

How were those billions not related to Xbox regardless of what they lost M$ has an operating income of 27.76 billion http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Microsoft_(MSFT)/Data/Operating_Income

With that kind of income they can afford to just coast the rest of this gen they already said Xb1 has broken even on what they spent, and they have lost money on surface but the pro 3 is rated the best tablet on the market atm. Speaking of tablets how much does Sony have to pay M$ for those tablets to run Windows. Let's not even get into Sony wanting to make a windows phone now, profit for M$ just keep coming from everywhere.

Also what farrell 2k is the truth every profit Sony makes now will go to cover those losses from last gen. This is a report of the whole company not just the PS division that 680 million is pocket change to M$. Take away 680 mil from their operating income and they still at 27 BILLION.

He gave a link and is say 600+ in profits.

Because the xbox didn't bring those profits as simple as that,WINDOWS did,MS cloud service did,MS money won from Android patents did,the xbox no it didn't.

Broken even mean they don't loss on hardware,but there are other cost like paying developers for DLC,Titanfall and all that crap that cost MS money,advertisements where the hell do you think that money comes.?

It pays a royalties just like sony wins for every xbox one sold with blu-ray.

I don't care if MS has 100000 billions it is getting its ass Whoop by a company which is on financial problems,that make the beat down all the sweeter MS can't beat a financially challenge company,and got whoop this last quarter 5 PS4 for every xbox 1 ship..lol That is total domination..lol

#64 Posted by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@AM-Gamer: Vizio's are trash but they are cheap so people buy them hell I even own a Vizio but it's not my main screen. But Sony tv's don't sell as good as Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Vizio those are the top name brands right now.

@tormentos said:

He gave a link and is say 600+ in profits.

Because the xbox didn't bring those profits as simple as that,WINDOWS did,MS cloud service did,MS money won from Android patents did,the xbox no it didn't.

Broken even mean they don't loss on hardware,but there are other cost like paying developers for DLC,Titanfall and all that crap that cost MS money,advertisements where the hell do you think that money comes.?

It pays a royalties just like sony wins for every xbox one sold with blu-ray.

I don't care if MS has 100000 billions it is getting its ass Whoop by a company which is on financial problems,that make the beat down all the sweeter MS can't beat a financially challenge company,and got whoop this last quarter 5 PS4 for every xbox 1 ship..lol That is total domination..lol

I read the link and it said operating income $680 million for the Sony as a whole.

And PS4 didn't bring those profits alone.

Those cost mean nothing if you can still continue to grow your companies worth, they are more like investments to strengthen the xbox brand so eventually it will get to where it needs to be.

Yea the blu ray royalties are split 9 ways vs windows royalties going all to M$.

Well like I said gaming is Sony's core so of course they would come out strong with PS4, but the fact is this gen is far from over and M$ has way deeper pockets than Sony. M$ is not getting beat down like you suggest they are just not selling as good as PS4.

#65 Posted by Evo_nine (1741 posts) -

This means there will never be another powerful console produced.

yaaaaaaayyyy!

#66 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

They're already making a profit on the Quad's first year and shipped twice as much as Wii u/Bone.

King of the Return™.

#67 Edited by AM-Gamer (4033 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar: Sony outsells both Panasonic and Vizio worldwide in tv's. They are currently 3rd behind Samsung and LG. Panasonic has struggled in tv's especially after they stopped producing Plasmas. And Vizio doesn't sell outside of NA.

#68 Edited by Blabadon (26582 posts) -

@tormentos said:

They won $680 millions...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#69 Posted by tdkmillsy (1399 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/strong-ps4-sales-raise-sony-profits/1100-6421406/

Back in the real world they still expected to post $500 million loss for the year. Thats even with adjusted figures based on this quarter.

Its a publicity spin to divert the fact they still in trouble.

#70 Posted by Malta_1980 (11398 posts) -

Good news... Hope this translates in more awesome exclusives & further improvements to PS+

#71 Posted by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@slimdogmilionar: Sony outsells both Panasonic and Vizio worldwide in tv's. They are currently 3rd behind Samsung and LG. Panasonic has struggled in tv's especially after they stopped producing Plasmas. And Vizio doesn't sell outside of NA.

Maybe now but last year Vizio was the number 1 selling tv. So maybe their tv brand is making a comeback but the fact remains they still had to split it up and do some restructuring, but I did forget that Sony owns RCA now. But they are still broke compared to their competitors, which is the point I was initially trying to make.

#72 Posted by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@AM-Gamer: Vizio's are trash but they are cheap so people buy them hell I even own a Vizio but it's not my main screen. But Sony tv's don't sell as good as Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Vizio those are the top name brands right now.

I read the link and it said operating income $680 million for the Sony as a whole.

And PS4 didn't bring those profits alone.

Those cost mean nothing if you can still continue to grow your companies worth, they are more like investments to strengthen the xbox brand so eventually it will get to where it needs to be.

Yea the blu ray royalties are split 9 ways vs windows royalties going all to M$.

Well like I said gaming is Sony's core so of course they would come out strong with PS4, but the fact is this gen is far from over and M$ has way deeper pockets than Sony. M$ is not getting beat down like you suggest they are just not selling as good as PS4.

MS has deeper pockets than sony since before they join the console market,they had deeper pockets when the PS2 kicked the fu** out of the original xbox,have deeper pockets when Nintendo beat them with the wii and the PS3 catch then on the finish line.

Deep pockets will not save the xbox from failure unless MS give the console away.

They are getting beat down 5 to 1 is a freaking beat down,hell Sony shipped more units than the xbox one,xbox 360,Wii U and 3DS,i don't see something like that since the PS2 days,and we all know how that ended.

@tdkmillsy said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/strong-ps4-sales-raise-sony-profits/1100-6421406/

Back in the real world they still expected to post $500 million loss for the year. Thats even with adjusted figures based on this quarter.

Its a publicity spin to divert the fact they still in trouble.

Those analysis are beat all the time,in fact this quarter the won much more than analyst predicted.

Oh and is not a public spin you can't lie on financial reports is illegal.

#73 Posted by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@tormentos said:

MS has deeper pockets than sony since before they join the console market,they had deeper pockets when the PS2 kicked the fu** out of the original xbox,have deeper pockets when Nintendo beat them with the wii and the PS3 catch then on the finish line.

Deep pockets will not save the xbox from failure unless MS give the console away.

They are getting beat down 5 to 1 is a freaking beat down,hell Sony shipped more units than the xbox one,xbox 360,Wii U and 3DS,i don't see something like that since the PS2 days,and we all know how that ended.

Thank you for proving my point that they won't abandon xbox just becasue it lost one generation. Og Xbox got demolished by PS2 but M$ knew that gaming was going to be the next big thing and they cut their losses and made the 360 becasue they have the money to do that. Everything they do is forward thinking, it may not always be in the best interest of the gamer but it's always forward thinking. They built their own servers so they did'nt have to pay to host games and keep up with the industry heading toward a cloud future. They put embedded on their chips now Intel is making chips with embedded ram so expect Amd to follow, so pretty soon every developer is gonna know the ins and outs of taking advantage of this above and beyond what they could do on 360. If Xb1 fails it won't fail as hard as the OG xbox, but believe by the time next gen comes around M$ will be in a pretty good position to build a console built on hype. Xbox does not need to beat PS4 it just needs to be the "trojan horse" used to get people to buy more M$ hardware, unifying all of a consumers devices under one brand, Sony is just a peon to them M$ has it's eyes set on Apple consumers.

#74 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar: do you even believe the shit you type? How is Xbone tanking as hard as the GameCube going to put M$ in a good place for next gen? If anything the Xbone will be their last console. Investors are putting pressure on them to sell the failed Xbone brand since this is their third attempt at the market without leading, instead they are doing worse than the 360 in every way.

Investors like to see progress, and the Xbox brand is just a bottomless pit where all their money goes without anything to show for it but mediocrity. LOL @ M$ being able to take on Apple. How long have they been chasing after Google and Apple? They aren't making any progress there either lol. Face it, M$ and hardware don't go together they should stick to software, it's where they make their money. All their attempts to make it in the hardware business have been met by failure from Zune to Xbone.

#75 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Do you ever make any worthwhile posts? If anything lems are he hypocrites for laughing at Sony combining numbers lastgen and then now pretending they've always found it cool.

#76 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@MonsieurX: Do you ever make any worthwhile posts? If anything lems are he hypocrites for laughing at Sony combining numbers lastgen and then now pretending they've always found it cool.

Never do!

Hypocrisy goes both way,just think cows are worst at it

#77 Edited by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@slimdogmilionar: do you even believe the shit you type? How is Xbone tanking as hard as the GameCube going to put M$ in a good place for next gen? If anything the Xbone will be their last console. Investors are putting pressure on them to sell the failed Xbone brand since this is their third attempt at the market without leading, instead they are doing worse than the 360 in every way.

Investors like to see progress, and the Xbox brand is just a bottomless pit where all their money goes without anything to show for it but mediocrity. LOL @ M$ being able to take on Apple. How long have they been chasing after Google and Apple? They aren't making any progress there either lol. Face it, M$ and hardware don't go together they should stick to software, it's where they make their money. All their attempts to make it in the hardware business have been met by failure from Zune to Xbone.

I believe it because i read more than just stuff related to games. Under the new ceo investors have backed off a little. How is xbox not in a good position for next gen being the second fastest selling console of all time, like I said M$ new Ceo is constantly asked about xbox and he has stated many times that he plans to invest more into the xbox brand. Lol I never said they are going to overtake Apple that would be just plain stupid, but if you can't realize that Apple is who they are going after you are stupid, and Google are going to bury themselves with more people realizing they are selling their info and those security leaks becoming more of a problem. Like Nadella said "xbox is the trojan horse used to get more M$ hardware in more homes", that was after he sent out a company wide email confirming continued xbox support. This gen is just starting but you guys act like it's over for M$ they haven't even had a fair shot only being released in 13 markets. If Sony could support PS3 at a lost all last gen while the company was bleeding money what's to stop M$ from pouring more money into Xbox. I see you mentioned gamecube tanking hard and yet we've had the wii and wiiU from Nintendo and they are still worth more than Sony. As I said gaming is a huge market and M$ has the money and can afford to make mistakes.

By the end of this gen dedicated severs will be a must and the cloud will be used industry wide not just in gaming, Haswell chips coming with edram this is the future of not just gaming but technology. Remember when PS3 and 360 first launched and you could play online with shitty internet as games evolve more and more data will need to pushed Sony's gonna need dedicated servers or the price they pay to rent will only increase costing them more money, this gen with M$ upload speeds don't matter because players don't host games the minimum download speed needed is 1.5 mbps, rumor has it for PS4 you need at least 5 mbps.See where I'm going with this.

#78 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar: So in other words you have no argument to counter my arguments other than the usual "teh unlimited moneyz" and "teh clouds" bullshit you and other lems use? Gotcha

#79 Edited by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@slimdogmilionar: So in other words you have no argument to counter my arguments other than the usual "teh unlimited moneyz" and "teh clouds" bullshit you and other lems use? Gotcha

Lol I just gave you plenty you just don't like the obvious truth. Lets not forget you jumped down my throat because I was talking about M$ having deep pockets. My guess is you Googled trying to find something about M$ investors wanting to close xbox. But instead found that they have backed off and Nadella is commited to pouring money into Xbox so you have nothing to counter my arguments.

#80 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@I_can_haz said:

Lol I just gave you plenty you just don't like the obvious truth. Lets not forget you jumped down my throat because I was talking about M$ having deep pockets. My guess is you Googled trying to find something about M$ investors wanting to close xbox. But instead found that they have backed off and Nadella is commited to pouring money into Xbox so you have nothing to counter my arguments.

Not really, I couldn't give a shit about M$ and Sony's earnings, I'm not invested in either company (I own Apple shares). What I do care about is their gaming divisions and right now Sony is shitting all over M$. The "endless moneyz" excuse will only get lems like you so far. M$ had endless money too when the OG Xox was getting destroyed by PS2 and nothing changed. Same thing is happening now, they can't buy their way out of a gimped console with a botched launch. Things will only get worse from here as Sony starts to pull away more and more when their big guns release.

#81 Edited by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

I believe it because i read more than just stuff related to games. Under the new ceo investors have backed off a little. How is xbox not in a good position for next gen being the second fastest selling console of all time, like I said M$ new Ceo is constantly asked about xbox and he has stated many times that he plans to invest more into the xbox brand. Lol I never said they are going to overtake Apple that would be just plain stupid, but if you can't realize that Apple is who they are going after you are stupid, and Google are going to bury themselves with more people realizing they are selling their info and those security leaks becoming more of a problem. Like Nadella said "xbox is the trojan horse used to get more M$ hardware in more homes", that was after he sent out a company wide email confirming continued xbox support.

This gen is just starting but you guys act like it's over for M$ they haven't even had a fair shot only being released in 13 markets. If Sony could support PS3 at a lost all last gen while the company was bleeding money what's to stop M$ from pouring more money into Xbox. I see you mentioned gamecube tanking hard and yet we've had the wii and wiiU from Nintendo and they are still worth more than Sony. As I said gaming is a huge market and M$ has the money and can afford to make mistakes.

By the end of this gen dedicated severs will be a must and the cloud will be used industry wide not just in gaming, Haswell chips coming with edram this is the future of not just gaming but technology.

Remember when PS3 and 360 first launched and you could play online with shitty internet as games evolve more and more data will need to pushed Sony's gonna need dedicated servers or the price they pay to rent will only increase costing them more money, this gen with M$ upload speeds don't matter because players don't host games the minimum download speed needed is 1.5 mbps, rumor has it for PS4 you need at least 5 mbps.See where I'm going with this.

Is not the second freaking fastest selling console man what the fu** is not even the 4th one,how many times do i have to tell you this.

From Launch to March 31,not only the PS4,and wii sold much more,the PS3 shipped 500k more than the xbox one in the same time frame,is not the second fastest selling console unless you are using an obscure method no one knows to measure.

No company in hes right mind will tell you openly yeah we plan to kill our product,so yeah they will tell you that they will invest even more in it,they also say the xbox wasn't coming without Kinect because it was an integral part,as soon as the PS4 started owning xbox one games performance wise they killed Kinect reservation and took kinect out.

Yeah because MS doesn't sell yours,wait didn't kinect took data of what you were wearing and pass it to MS so they could pass it to 3rd parties.?

Nadela can say what ever sh** he wants is just PR bullsh**,the second they start falling behind greatly the second they will kill the xbox one without even thinking about it,just like they did with the 4 year old original xbox.

Dude those 13 markets are MS best ones,why you think they haven't release on the others.? Hell it would have been a great wait to move those unsold consoles they over shipped,but they know they face even greater challenge on those countries,no matter what MS has a bigger chance of selling 180k in US in 1 month than in Japan in 4 months.

The difference is that Nintendo didn't loss 4 billions in 4 years in the GC like MS did,and the wii sold 100 million units and games like Mario Kart sold like 40 million,so you see they had a truck load of cash they made on the wii compare to MS.

Lols the secret sauce again...lol ESRAM + cloud to the rescue.... But but but i never supported the secret sauce.

Sony has been using dedicated servers on its games before xbox live was even launch newbie,the fact that you don't know it is the problem in fact more games use to run on dedicated servers on PS3 than on xbox 360 and on PS3 it was a free service,so i don't think it will be a problem for sony now that they charge.

How in hell do you think Resistance was able to support 40 players at once 20 vs 20 on 2006.? Without lag,Gears of war on xbox 360 could not deliver 4 vs 4 without heavy lag,host advantage issues and bugs because it was P2P..lol and people had to pay for that..lol

#82 Posted by lamprey263 (24151 posts) -

$17 million profit for the quarter; though I thought I read Sony themselves are expecting to lose $500 million this fiscal year.

#83 Posted by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@tormentos:

Lol @ those PS rented dedicated servers tormentos, I remember resistance and mag also 128 players online. They had a weak infrastructure that got hacked by anonymous and took them down for a month, when live got hacked....hell I don't even remember I just remember a friend tryna rub it in my face but I never knew because M$ had it taken care of before it could be made a big deal. Besides you won't find anything or anyone from last gen saying PSN is the superior to XBL everyone knows for multiplayer XBL is the way to go.

No secret sauce just new tech and clever developing, but you ignore whats right in front of your face. I've told you before that I didn't think the cloud was what everyone else thought, but apparently the developers at cloudgine.com do. So you know everything why would someone open up a new company based on new tech if they didn't think it was possible. And as for esram check out what intel has just shown regarding those Haswell chips and embedded ram. Say what you want but the evidence is there to support M$ reasoning behind building the xbox the way they did. Just because you don't understand it or it's not simple like PS4 does not mean it's impossible. Imagine how people reacted when Apple developers first said I want to build a handheld, touchscreen, music and gaming device, imagine trying to push that idea back in the 90's. I swear you are the most biased person I have ever encountered, innovation comes from imagination dude if you imagine it's not possible it won't happen. Learn to think outside the box and be happy PS4 is winning, no one wants a gaming market dictated by M$ anyway.

@I_can_haz said:

Not really, I couldn't give a shit about M$ and Sony's earnings, I'm not invested in either company (I own Apple shares). What I do care about is their gaming divisions and right now Sony is shitting all over M$. The "endless moneyz" excuse will only get lems like you so far. M$ had endless money too when the OG Xox was getting destroyed by PS2 and nothing changed. Same thing is happening now, they can't buy their way out of a gimped console with a botched launch. Things will only get worse from here as Sony starts to pull away more and more when their big guns release.

Not a lem I'm just not biased, every gen I own every system. I'm done arguing with you guys, You win, let's just wait and see how this gen plays out. Congrats on those Apple shares however that was relevant to our discussion, should have invested in Azure also since iCloud is powered by Azure.

#84 Posted by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@tormentos:

Lol @ those PS rented dedicated servers tormentos, I remember resistance and mag also 128 players online.

They had a weak infrastructure that got hacked by anonymous and took them down for a month, when live got hacked....hell I don't even remember I just remember a friend tryna rub it in my face but I never knew because M$ had it taken care of before it could be made a big deal.

Besides you won't find anything or anyone from last gen saying PSN is the superior to XBL everyone knows for multiplayer XBL is the way to go.

No secret sauce just new tech and clever developing, but you ignore whats right in front of your face. I've told you before that I didn't think the cloud was what everyone else thought, but apparently the developers at cloudgine.com do.

So you know everything why would someone open up a new company based on new tech if they didn't think it was possible.

And as for esram check out what intel has just shown regarding those Haswell chips and embedded ram.

Say what you want but the evidence is there to support M$ reasoning behind building the xbox the way they did.

Just because you don't understand it or it's not simple like PS4 does not mean it's impossible. Imagine how people reacted when Apple developers first said I want to build a handheld, touchscreen, music and gaming device, imagine trying to push that idea back in the 90's.

I swear you are the most biased person I have ever encountered, innovation comes from imagination dude if you imagine it's not possible it won't happen. Learn to think outside the box and be happy PS4 is winning, no one wants a gaming market dictated by M$ anyway.

@I_can_haz said:

Not a lem I'm just not biased, every gen I own every system. I'm done arguing with you guys, You win, let's just wait and see how this gen plays out. Congrats on those Apple shares however that was relevant to our discussion, should have invested in Azure also since iCloud is powered by Azure.

Sony didn't rent servers,with the PS3 they used normal PS3 as servers,and saved a fu** ton of money, same reason why the Army got many PS3 as well,use with linux sony run them as servers,funny enough games on servers where super smooth.

Renting servers or not,the fact stand that MS charge you for P2P for 11 years,while games like Socom from the offshot were done on Dedicated servers back in 2002,when xbox live wasn't even launch.

Oh please the sony hack has happen to endless companies,including MS and that didn't affected the game online,funny enough Resistance was smoother than Halo on xbox 360 and ran more players to.lol

You won fine any one on xbox live saying that,i was from the one who try both service and when it came to gaming both where the same sh**,but one was free hell you never see the scale of players on xbox 360 as on PS3 never,Resistance 60 players online that is BF4 like dude on 2008,oh 8 players co-op oh yeah now it will be done on xbox one,how many years latter.? 6 years after the PS3 did it..lol

PS Home free with free games.? no pay wall for apps,internet browser since day 1 compare to IE release latter on the 360 life and hidden as well on a pay wall. lol

PSN was better than xbox live even more if you factor in that it was freaking free of charge,the only thing on xbox was party chat.

http://kotaku.com/5939245/gold-vs-plus-how-sony-is-making-a-mockery-of-xbox-live

ESRAM is not new and the concept about embedded Ram either the PS2 had 4MB before the xbox brand even existed.

And the cloud can't make up for graphical bottlenecks and you ignore this because you know little about this topic and how GPU work,online connection don't have the speed to render over a freaking network at least not graphics wise which is what the xbox one needs,cleaver programing is something sony is know for,they will squeeze power until the last drop on their systems.

Developers in cludengine do yeah they do hype that sh** down,is PR crap the best they can do is physics or baked lighting,AI not effects like MSAA,or anysotropic filtering,or rendering models that can't be done because that requires bandwidth in the GB a second something internet connections lack.

Because that company see value beyond games,just like MS cloud even if the xbox one goes away tomorrow will still be used,as of now MS cloud ""300K " servers are not just for xbox live,they are for office 365 and other MS programs that run on the cloud,running Office 365 is not even close to be as demanding as graphics are over a network.

Embedded ram is not new you sad newbie,first is EDRAM no ESRAM,second is connected by 512 bit bus,and is 128MB 4 times as much as the xbox one which has been establish already as been to small.

And intel using Embedded ram again,is to help boost its GPU bandwidth since we all know that their soc have integrated GPU that work with DDR3 memory,so adding 128MB of EDAM should help the integrated GPU perform to its optimal performance.

The reasoning for building the xbox one like it is was simple.

MS wanted Kinect included without breaking the bank so they took this measures.

1-Use a entry level GPU 7790 in this case.

2-chose DDR3 over GDDR5 because they wanted 8GB and GDDR5 was more difficult to produce,and cost more.

3-Fallow the xbox 360 route,using embedded ram to over come bandwidth limitations.

Touch screen is not apple idea and Apple didn't invent touch screen,the rest has been done to hell and beyond on portable music, portable games,even movies on portable,hell the grand father of portable music players is the walkman an invention of SONY.

Stop talking bullsh** cloud or ESRAM are not innovations of MS what the fu** the cloud was a way to trick suckers like you into believing that MS had stronger system,and ESRAM is a bandwidth bandaid..

#85 Edited by blackace (20885 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

Sony should have never shut down their robot dog business...

LOL!! Sony is still predicting a loss of $488 million for the 2014 year. So they are still going to be in the red when they close out this year. Maybe they can stay profitable in 2015. At least they had a decent quarter. That's been rare for them for so long.

#86 Posted by Shewgenja (9614 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@tormentos:

Lol @ those PS rented dedicated servers tormentos, I remember resistance and mag also 128 players online. They had a weak infrastructure that got hacked by anonymous and took them down for a month, when live got hacked....hell I don't even remember I just remember a friend tryna rub it in my face but I never knew because M$ had it taken care of before it could be made a big deal. Besides you won't find anything or anyone from last gen saying PSN is the superior to XBL everyone knows for multiplayer XBL is the way to go.

No secret sauce just new tech and clever developing, but you ignore whats right in front of your face. I've told you before that I didn't think the cloud was what everyone else thought, but apparently the developers at cloudgine.com do. So you know everything why would someone open up a new company based on new tech if they didn't think it was possible. And as for esram check out what intel has just shown regarding those Haswell chips and embedded ram. Say what you want but the evidence is there to support M$ reasoning behind building the xbox the way they did. Just because you don't understand it or it's not simple like PS4 does not mean it's impossible. Imagine how people reacted when Apple developers first said I want to build a handheld, touchscreen, music and gaming device, imagine trying to push that idea back in the 90's. I swear you are the most biased person I have ever encountered, innovation comes from imagination dude if you imagine it's not possible it won't happen. Learn to think outside the box and be happy PS4 is winning, no one wants a gaming market dictated by M$ anyway.

I can't even believe you're trying to bring up the topic of dedicated game servers.

But if you really believe the cloud is the future...

I'd really like to hear more about your theories on the hidden power in ESRAm considering I've already blown holes in your other asinine fanboy worship of the XBox.

Not biased? Owning all the plastic toys doesn't make you unbiased. It just means you have disposable income. Your spin speaks for itself.

#87 Posted by cainetao11 (17702 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@tormentos said:

@MonsieurX said:

And yet,people complained that M$ put their numbers together in the thread last week

I wasn't complaining you sad troll,i was making fun of it because sony use to do that with PS2+ Ps3 and lemming flame sony for it,so i had a blast calling out those who flamed sony and claimed that MS didn't have to do that..lol

Sony did it before MS did it dude your loss.

Where in my post did I point that to you?

Guilty conscience

#88 Posted by cainetao11 (17702 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

$17 million dollar profit?????? ROFL. You are going to need a lot of these quarters to get back that last $1.2 billion dollar loss.

Godsoft just made $17 million during lunch.

They won $680 millions...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But but but Sony is going bankrupt..

So basically another quarter like this and they already made the 1.2 billion dollars loss you held on to..lol

The best part is how the PS4 beat the xbox one shipments like 5 to 1.?

Thats good news, I already read on investment pages. But that 1.2 billion loss is only the first step. Their credit rating is 'junk' status because of an overall debt of 16 billion dollars.

#89 Posted by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Thats good news, I already read on investment pages. But that 1.2 billion loss is only the first step. Their credit rating is 'junk' status because of an overall debt of 16 billion dollars.

Which i could care less about as long as the PS4 still is alive and selling great which will warranty me great games.

#90 Edited by cainetao11 (17702 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

Which i could care less about as long as the PS4 still is alive and selling great which will warranty me great games.

If you didnt care about their finances you wouldnt be arguing about it to begin with

#91 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@I_can_haz said:

Oh really? You fooled me with all that talk about "power of teh cloudz" and "unlimited money!1" mantra from lems. I guessed I judged you wrongly then. I will consider Azure since it's one of the directions M$ is going that I like.

#92 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

So many xbox gamers whining that they want the competition to go bankrupt so their inferior xbox will sell better.

Nevermind all the ppl Sony employs and how it would suck if so many ppl lost their jobs.

Only xbox gamers would be so ignorant and childish.

#93 Edited by cainetao11 (17702 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So many xbox gamers whining that they want the competition to go bankrupt so their inferior xbox will sell better.

Nevermind all the ppl Sony employs and how it would suck if so many ppl lost their jobs.

Then hypothetically it was only Xbox gamers that were happy to see some people from Gamespot layed off.

#94 Posted by blackace (20885 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Yeah and meantime Cows are saying the same thing about Xbox One. Wanting it to fail misably and go away so more people will lose their jobs. Gamers would be so hypocritical and childish. Why don't you talk to them?

#95 Posted by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

If you didnt care about their finances you wouldnt be arguing about it to begin with

Considering that you are shielding your self with sony credit rating i feel some how fine,meanwhile the PS4 walk all over your precious xbox one..lol

#96 Posted by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@I_can_haz: @tormentos: @Shewgenja:

didn't even bother to read your post but, Cool beans

#97 Edited by cainetao11 (17702 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

Considering that you are shielding your self with sony credit rating i feel some how fine,meanwhile the PS4 walk all over your precious xbox one..lol

No valid answer to your oxymoron, got it.

#98 Posted by Shewgenja (9614 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@I_can_haz: @tormentos: @Shewgenja:

didn't even bother to read your post but, Cool beans

Color me shocked.

#99 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar: of course you didn't "Mr. Unbiased gamer" that is actually a lem.

#100 Edited by slimdogmilionar (561 posts) -

@Shewgenja: @I_can_haz: I know call me a lem even though I own all systems just because I say something that does not align with cows way of thinking. Add me on PSN my name is the same as it is here just add an e at the end.

Actually it's slimdogmilionaire, my b.